Sherlock: His Enigma Called A

By Uilosris

[Set After Series 3] (Highest Ranking- #3 in sherlocklovestory) "Wrong Number, Mr. Holmes. But this case does... More

"A"ccidental
Deducing from Inquiries
Joking John
A's Mix-Up
Witness A
Search for Millie
Asides
Game
Solving for A
Shy
Resolve {Adelaide}
Scaly Visit {Adelaide}
Important A/N!
His Confidante {Adelaide}
Expertise (I)
Expertise (II)
Toxic Theme
Codes
Adelaide's Visit
The Museum Scheme
Jacob Powell
The Gala
The Poaching Poisoner (I)
The Poaching Poisoner (II)
Firefight
The Loaded Question
A Doorstep Blush
Doctor's Visit {Adelaide}
Timid Texts {Adelaide}
Exception {Adelaide}
Catching Cats {Adelaide}
Conspiracy
Intervention
Brotherly Dispute
Scouting Out
Sentimental Strategies
The Adelaide Approach
The Detective's Date
The Detective's Hope
Reciprocation
A Dating Detective
Meeting Friends
M.H. {Adelaide}
Brothers {Adelaide}
Kisses in the Park {Adelaide}
Interrupted {Adelaide}
Finley {Adelaide}
Unexpected Guests
FINAL
The A Series Continues

Bored Texts

12.3K 391 77
By Uilosris

Three Weeks Later

"- Bored!!" Sherlock shouted, aiming his revolver at the yellow smiley face on the wall. Three more shots were fired and the barrel was emptied. He grunted, "Insufferable..!"

As he emptied the brass from the revolver and dug around the desk for the box of bullets, Missus Hudson rushed in, "Sherlock Holmes!! What has the wall ever done to you!!??"

"It had it coming, Hudders."

"Give me that!!" She walked over and plucked the gun from his hand, "Sherlock, that's going on the rent along with the mantle!!" He grunted and sauntered over to the sofa and flopped down.

"Bored!!"

Missus Hudson sighed, "How about a cuppa?"

"No."

"Alright then," She carried the pistol out with her and down the stairs she went, "Oh dear..."

The curly haired detective tugged his blue silk dressing gown over himself and curled up before stretching out along the sofa, "Hateful... Positively hateful."

He and John had had a productive day. They had managed to solve the case that had been their main priority for a week and finish up a few others as well. Now there was nothing in his inbox to distract him. John wasn't there either- thus the shooting match with the wall. The army doctor would have normally been able to provide some distraction. But he was back in the suburbs with Mary. Resting after their exhaustive week.

Sherlock pursed his lips and rolled over towards the back of the sofa. His mind raced and after a few minutes of trying to focus on only one thing he gave up and opted to turn to the artificial means of distraction.

He got up to root through the fireplace cinders when his phone caught his eye. He stared at it as A came to mind. Or I could pester her. That sounds quite a bit more fun. He smirked and grabbed the mobile, falling back into his chair to hurriedly text A.

This would give him the chance to deduce whether she was an early riser or late prowler. Of course it wasn't a given that she would reply, but it was worth a try. He had promised John not to go back to drugs so for his blogger's sake, he would try not to use them yet. To his good fortune he saw her come online a few minutes later and start typing.

Despite all he had deduced of A, she was still enigmatic. Often when he asked for a clue as to her identity she would respond vaguely, or give him an obscure clue that he couldn't quite connect to his overall depiction of her. It had also become obvious that she was keeping herself a secret because she was either exceptionally coquettish and enjoyed their game, or because she was skittish and was afraid to reveal herself. He hadn't been able to deduce which it was yet.

He was impressed that she seemed to understand his ever present dilemma. Intuitive. Astute. Sensitive to others, perhaps? Maybe a counselor or a therapist? No, she's too introverted.

Interesting. He would have liked to press her further but didn't want to further impede A's work- especially if she was actually a scientist. That he could understand.

They left it at that and Sherlock sat for a while before lazily reaching for the remote. Worth a shot. He ended up tuning into a cheesy quiz show and leaving it on to deduce the contestants and the questions. Twenty minutes later he found that A's advice had indeed had merit. Interesting.

Thank you for reading!! Shout-outs to JustaSyd & mmkn2005!! A huge Shout-Out to _benaddicted! Their Oneshots are awesome so go check them out!! Ta!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 284 26
#1 in ynstories (17/07/2022) You are the best assassin in history, the most ruthless, the most efficient of them all. The day you were sent to kill S...
178K 5.2K 34
If your mother had been killed, where would you go? If you received a strange text, would you trust it? If you'd never met your father, would you w...
94.2K 2.7K 20
It's lonely at 221B, Sherlock and John are growing more and more distant, Lestrade is always a busy and no good cases have come up for a long time. B...
110K 4K 76
[Highest Rank: #4 in sherlocklovestory] Less than a week after his beachside wedding to Adelaide, Sherlock is abducted. With the new Missus Holmes vu...