Safar...A Journey of First Lo...

By dezertroze

#386 Humour 12/5/18 #63 Bollywood 13/5/18 #174 Bollywood 17/6/18 Safar is a simple story about the life of a... More

Safar...a journey of first love...
Sneak Peek
Characters
Chapter 1 - Riddhima
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Friends
Chapter 4 - Rishta (Proposal)
Chapter 5 - I Hate Him
Chapter 6 - Family Night
Chapter 7 - The Meeting
Chapter 8 - Had a bad day
Chapter 9 - Engagement
Chapter 10 - Mehendi
Chapter 11 - Sangeet
Chapter 12 - Shaadi
Chapter 14 - Vivik
Chapter 15 - Break Up
Chapter 16 - Day Dreaming
Chapter 17 - Pyar ka Izhaar
Chapter 18 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 19 - Challenge
Chapter 20 - Christmas Holidays
Chapter 21 - Bad News
Chapter 22 - Revision Revision
Chapter 23 - Valentine Birthday
Chapter 24 - Secrets
Chapter 25 - Armaan
Chapter 26 - Fashion Show
Chapter 27 - Morning Date
Chapter 28 - Summer Holidays
Chapter 29 - Work Experience
Chapter 30 - Get Well Soon
Chapter 31 - Abhi vs Nikita
Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Chapter 13 - Reception

134 13 11
By dezertroze

...It was the last day of the holidays and the Malik family had decided to keep a small reception for the newly wedded couple at their home. It was a very small function with very few guests; the Gupta family, the Shergill family; the gang, their family friend from back home and some neighbours which attended the wedding. The function started from twelve, beginning with lunch and then some rituals.

The gang had arrived a little early to help Armaan and his parents set up the place while Riddhima hadn't arrived as yet; which made Armaan feel a little uncomfortable as he kept looking at the door waiting for her. 

He still couldn't understand why he was waiting for her, why he couldn't stop looking at her and why he secretly took photos of her during the week at the different occasions. Now and then he would take out his phone and quickly snap a photo when Riddhima was looking very nice and too busy to notice him. But today he felt really happy, firstly he had sorted out the problem which was really bothering him since he had come to London, secondly he was very happy for his brother and new sister-in-law and thirdly he was waiting impatiently for someone, just to get a glimpse of her would make his day.

The gang, after setting up the place, sat down on the Chiavari chairs set out in the foyer going over the events of the week and waiting for other guest.

"Yeah I have to agree with you Abhi...you guys have worked really hard this week..." Muskaan smiled.

Abhi lifted his collar; "Thanks yaar...putting up that tent was a lot of work!!"

Nikita rolled her eyes; "What's so hard in that...there were lots of you guys...and I bet the actual tent was put up by the professionals..."

Armaan frowned; "Ab tum dono phir se shuru mat kar..." (Don't you two start again) he said still looking at the door.

Rahul raised his eyebrow; "Tum baar baar wahan kyon dekh raha hain?" (Why do you keep looking over there?) he asked looking at the door.

Armaan shrugged; "Bas aise hi..." (Just like that) he looked away and noticed the newlyweds coming down the stairs together; "...Wow...you guys look great...wait right there..." he called out to them then grabbed his camera from the counter and snapped photos of them.

"Aww...Anjali Dii aap bohot pyari lag rahi hain..." (you look really pretty) Nikita complimented her.

Anjali was wearing a beautiful two toned blue sari with sequins and stones and a lovely embroidery design on the border of the pallu. Atul was wearing a dark blue sherwani and they suited each other perfectly. They walked down the stairs, both smiling very sweetly at each other and then at the gang.

Anjali smiled; "Thanks Niki...tum bhi bohot achi lag rahi hain..." (you look really nice too)

They all settled down in the living room waiting for the guests to arrive. After a little while the house was full of people; the Shergill family had also arrived and everyone was moving around from here to there, guest having lunch and the members of family making sure that everything was going smoothly; amongst all of this Armaan was still waiting for her. 

Atul and Anjali sat together feeding each other while Abhi took photos and the others giving them instructions of how to pose. Armaan who was carrying a plate of food and very frustrated now walked towards the gang.

"Arre Muskaan...woh Ms. Gamandhi abhi tak nahi ayi?" (Hey Muskaan...Ms. Egoistic hasn't come yet?) Armaan said slightly frustrated.

Everyone looked at him in shock.

"Kya kaha tumne?" (What did you say?) Atul asked him; he had dropped the spoon onto the plate forgetting that he was suppose to be feeding Anjali and posing for the camera.

Armaan shrugged; "Kya?" (What?) in his mind he was swearing at himself for not thinking; quickly he thought of something to cover up.

Rahul's mouth was still hanging open; "Repeat..."

Armaan shook his head; "Kuch nahi yaar (Nothing man) ...I was just thinking that...that it's really quiet...you know when she's around there's...umm...always lots of noise..."

"WOW Armaan..." Radha smirked.

"So you're missing her?" Anjali teased.

Armaan made a clumsy expression; "Missing...no way!"

Nikita nodded; "Haan...haan... (yeah, yeah) we know..."

"Whatever..." Armaan decided to change the subject; "...aren't you guys hungry?"

Abhi got up; "Yeah actually I am...let's go get something to eat..."

"You're always hungry!" Nikita told him.

Muskaan pulled her up; "C'mon Niki let's go..." they dragged Radha along with them.

The gang went to get something to eat then settled themselves down on a table together. After some time the Gupta family arrived and were greeted by Umesh and Juhi very specially; Umesh took Shashank inside while the three ladies stood in the foyer speaking to each other.

Padma apologized for being late; "Sorry hum itne dheer se aye...iss ladki ki wajah se..." (Sorry we're so late...it's all because of her) she pointed at Riddhima who put her hand up to her ears.

Riddhima smiled; "Sorry..."

Juhi shook her head with a smile; "Koi baat nahi...bohot hi pyari lag rahi hain..." (It's okay...you look very pretty)

Riddhima blushed; "Thank you..."

"Come in...let's have something to eat..." Juhi lead the way.

Both ladies walked into the kitchen and Riddhima followed. Some aunties were standing around in the kitchen and they greeted Padma and Riddhima as they came in. Juhi told Riddhima that Anjali and her friends were waiting for her outside. She went outside and walked carefully in her high heels towards Anjali.

The minute she stepped outside Armaan turned to look at the door, once again he was blown away by her beauty. She was wearing a high waist, sleeveless salwar kameez in a turquoise blue and coffee colour, with resham sequin designs on the blouse section and a coffee coloured churidhar. Again she had her dupatta tied around her wrist and thrown over her shoulder onto her back. She looked stunning with her hair straightened and slight jewellery and makeup. She went straight towards Anjali and Atul and gave her a hug.

"Hi dii...kaisi ho?" (Hi sis...how are you?) Riddhima asked slowly.

Anjali smiled; "Hi Ridzi...main theek hoon...aur tumne itne dheer kyon lagayi... (I'm fine...and what took you so long) I've been waiting for ages..."

"Sorry dii...kal raat theek se so nahi paayi (I didn't sleep very well last night) and I woke up late this morning so it took me ages to get ready...I'm sorry..." again she put her hands up to her ears to apologise.

Armaan, who was still watching her; smiled at her cute gesture.

"It's okay..." Anjali forgave her.

Riddhima turned to Atul with a smile; "Hi Jija ji..." (Hi Brother-in-law)

"Hi...sali sahiba..." (Hi Sister-in-law) Atul replied.

Riddhima made a face; "No, no, no...just Ridz...or Ridzi...or Riddhima..."

Atul nodded; "Okay...toh sirf Jiju..." (then it's just brother-in-law in short form)

Riddhima gave in; "Okay...done!"

They both smiled at each other and Anjali smiled too; "Tumne khana kaya?" (Have you eaten?) Atul asked her in concern.

Riddhima shook her head; "Nahi...bas abhi ayi aur dii ko dekhne chali ayi..." (No I just got here and came straight to meet sis)

"Oh..." Atul looked over Riddhima's shoulder; "...Armaan...jaake Riddhima ke liye khana lao..." (Armaan go and get some food for Riddhima) he ordered Armaan.

Armaan got up eagerly then sat down quickly before anyone could notice his impatience; "...Main kyon laon...?" (Why should I get it?) he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Kyon ke maine kahan hain..." (Because I said so) Atul commanded.

"Okay...fine..." Armaan got up and went over to the buffet table.

Riddhima smiled; "It's okay...I'll go..." she looked at Anjali; "...abhi ayi..." (I'll be back)

Anjali nodded and watched as she walked over to the buffet table to join Armaan who had already started to make up her plate.

"Thanks...but I'll take it from here..." she said to him.

"Let me do the honors...you are our guests...hume bhi to katirdari ka mauka do..." (Let me get a chance to show you my hospitality) he smiled at her.

She was surprised at his reply; "That's very nice of you...but I don't trust you..." she smirked.

"Kyun...?" (Why?) he looked directly at her; she was hypnotized by his gaze and couldn't say a word then he continued; "...maine kaha tha na (I told you) ...I'm not as bad as you think I am..." he said with a smile then handed her the plate.

She was actually dumbfounded; all she could do was nod a quick thanks then he walked back to the gang. She got hold of herself and followed him back to gang carrying the plate of food; she sat down avoiding his gaze and began to eat.

"Why were you so late?" Radha questioned her.

Riddhima shrugged as she swallowed her food then replied; "I woke up late...then it took me ages to get dressed..."

"Well you look really beautiful..." Nikita complimented her.

Riddhima smiled; "Thanks Niki..."

Rahul disrupted their conversation by talking above the crowd; "Guys back to school tomorrow..."

"Oh man...already?" Abhi groaned.

Muskaan nodded; "Yep..."

Radha smiled; "This one week went so quickly...it's unbelievable..."

Riddhima agreed; "Yeah I know...I really don't feel like going back already..."

"Kya? Tum? (What? You?) And don't feel like going to school...are you feeling okay?" Rahul teased.

"Haha...very funny..." she said sarcastically; "...I don't know I just don't feel like it..."

"Darr gayi kya?" (Are you scared?) Armaan looked at Riddhima; "...darr gayi ke tum phir se class main second ayegi?" (scared that you'll lose your top spot in class again?)

Riddhima looked up at him for the first time since she had sat down; "Whatever..." he smiled.

At the same time Umesh came outside with a massive bowl of milk, in the milk were petals, almonds, pebbles and other stuff. Shashank had put two royal stools on each side of the bowl and Juhi and Padma brought Atul and Anjali to sit around the bowl.

"Let's go see what that's all about..." Armaan said after looking at each member of the gangs faces.

They all got to where Atul and Anjali were sitting and looked at the bowl with puzzled expressions.

"Yeh sab kya hain mama?" (What's all this mum?) Riddhima questioned.

Padma smiled; "Yeh..." (This) she looked at the bowl; "...yeh ek choti si khel hain..." (this is a small game)

"We put a ring in here and Atul and Anjali have to find it..." Juhi explained.

"And whoever finds it first puts the ring onto the other..." Umesh added.

"Toh...shuru kare..." (So let's start) Shashank looked at Atul and Anjali.

They both put their hands in the milk and searched around for the ring; everyone surrounded the couple and cheered them on.

"C'mon Champ!" Armaan called.

"Dii...find it quickly..." Riddhima cheered.

The game went on for a while, sometimes they would get things like almonds and pebbles but after a while Anjali found the ring and placed it onto Atul's finger. Everyone cheered her on and once again the boys had lost.

"That's cheating...champ ne jaan booch kar bhabi ko jitaya..." (Champ let bhabi win purposely) Armaan complained.

Riddhima turned to him; "Every time you lose something you think it's cheating...just accept the fact..."

Nikita added; "Haan...you're just losers..."

"No we're not..." Aagam said.

"Yes you are...you guys lost everything..." Radha told him.

"What did we lose?" Abhi asked for the details.

Muskaan started; "You guys had to pay to come inside on the mehendi function..."

"Uss game main (in that game) ...we did better songs than you..." Nikita told them.

Radha added; "Sangeet pe tum log Antakshri main haar gaye te..." (You guys lost Antakshri on the Sangeet)

"Haan aur uss din (And that day) we performed better than you..." Muskaan boasted.

"Woh...whoopee cushions yaad hain..." (Do you remember the whoopee cushions?) Riddhima began to laugh.

Nikita joined her; "Haha...and we got Atul Jiju's shoes..."

At that comment Armaan and Riddhima looked at each other knowingly; Riddhima went quite and looked down while Armaan smiled to himself.

"Aur...we won this one also..." Radha pointed to the bowl.

"Okay...okay fine...whatever..." Rahul gave in.

Abhi was a little frustrated; "But we won't rest with this...hum abhi...sab ke saamne ek performance karenge..." (Right now...in front of everyone we'll have a performance)

Aagam agreed; "Yes...and we'll see who's really the best..."

"Haan...good idea...aur judges honge..." (And the judges will be) Armaan looked around; "...umm...Bhai and Bhabi!"

Nikita looked at the others who nodded their heads; "Okay...done..."

"Are you sure...?" Riddhima looked closely at the boys.

Abhi nodded his head; "Definitely..."

Muskaan smiled; "Okay...toh phir se harne ke liye tayar ho jao..." (So get ready to lose again)

"Tum log harenge...hum nahi..." (You guys will lose nor us) Rahul told her.

Riddhima and Radha said in unison; "We'll see..."

"Yes we will..." Armaan came close to her and moved his hand through his hair making her move back a little.

The gang performed on the song Ainvayi Ainvayi from the movie Band Baaja Baaraat; they had all performed to their best ability and fully enjoyed themselves. When it had finished they all waited eagerly in a line in front of Atul and Anjali to hear the results.

"And the winners are..." Atul looked at Anjali.

"Umm..." Anjali built up the tension; "...Ladke..." (Boys) she smiled.

The boys jumped up and gave each other high fives and then thumbs down to the girls. The girls hugged each other and accepted their defeat easily as they knew that they had won all the other games during the week.

Armaan went over to the newlyweds and hugged Anjali; "I love you bhabi..."

Atul raised his eyebrow at him; "Kya kar rahe ho?" (What are you doing?)

"Oops sorry..." Armaan held onto his ears.

Everyone laughed and they carried on enjoying themselves. The evening passed with more performances and snacks and after a while the guests began to leave; the gang was once again standing in the foyer.

"Well then...see you guys tomorrow..." Rahul said.

"Yeah...tomorrow...really looking forward to it..." Armaan smiled.

Nikita looked suspicious; "Kyon?" (Why?)

"Bas aise hi (Just like that) ...you know first day back..." Armaan shrugged; the truth was that he just wanted to be around to see Riddhima...but still couldn't understand why.

"Okay then bye guys..." Abhi said walking out.

Armaan and Riddhima said bye together.

After lots of byes, Armaan and Riddhima went back into the house and sat down with the rest of the family. They had a wonderful chat and then the Guptas and Shergills decided to leave after making promises of meeting again soon. Riddhima felt weird leaving her Anjali Dii behind but then consoled herself by saying...

"That's life...we have to move on..."

_______________

Please comment and vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 9 16
Ekansh Singh Rathore Sahiba Kaur Randhawa Shahmeer Ali Khan Zafar Ali Khan Four Best Friends After the death of Zafar. The bond of their friendship...
15K 1.3K 89
The story is set in the imaginary state of Swarnbhoomi in India. The FIRST KISS is always special and when that kiss happens at the tender age of se...
531K 21.8K 51
"If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read th...
1.3K 169 23
Are you looking for a cute, pure arranged marriage story?! Then, here is your stop✌🏻... Harshad Mehta and Harshita Deshmukh are two completely poles...