A Little Birdy Told Me (Bat F...

By Kyamyi

•COMPLETED •EDITING Batman and Catwoman obviously have chemistry -- even Alfred ships them. So what happens w... More

Introduction
I Love You, Kitten
Birds of A Feather
Lie If You Have To
Torture
Flock Together
V Formation
Fly The Coop
Too Late
The Great Migration
Eagle Eyes
Strange Birds
Broken Wings
Birds Eye View
Baby Birds
Hanging From the Ceiling
Echo Location
Eyes, Ears, Teeth, and Tail
Ball of Yarn
A Kitten and Baby Bird
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Satisfaction Brought it Bat
Chicken Shit
Cat Nap
Early Bird
Peacocking
Heart to Heart
Für Elly
Nightwinging It
New Hope
Santa Claws
Resolutions
Hatched
Light as a Feather
Birdy
Swansong
A Little Birdy Told Me
Acknowledgements
°Bonus° texts
Update!

Cat Out of the Bag

2.8K 77 8
By Kyamyi

Selina

"She knows everything about you now, she figured it out, I don't know how but she knows!"

I put my hands on the sixteen year old's shoulders. "Calm down Chrissy." I looked into her green eyes. "What exactly does she know?" I whispered.

Chrissy took a deep breath.  "She knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, she knows that his new daughter is your daughter. And she wants me to kill him and bring the girl here."

My eyes were wide and I forgot how to breathe. I stumbled back onto the wall of the small broom closet we had to meet in. "What will she do to Michelle?" I was able to squeak out. 

The young girl shook her head. "I don't know, maybe use her against you to get you on her side? I don't know!"

My eyes were going blurry from tears but I had to think, and I had to think fast. There was no time for crying. "But if she's asking you to kill him, she still trusts you, right?"

"I don-"

I shook the girl. "Do not say you don't know, you are smart and perceptive. Just think. How did Eve tell you about all of this, how did she ask you to kill him?" I trembled as I spoke. 

Chrissy took a sharp intake of breath. "She was drinking, as usual. She started by asking if I had talked to you lately. I told her no, and she told me that either you weren't as smart as you looked or you were a very good liar. She told me there were things about you that we didn't know. Then she told me all of this, and I guess. I guess she still believed I'm on her side."

I took a deep breath and pulled the girl into a hug. I stroked her dark hair. "You did good."

She sobbed into my chest. "I don't want to kill anyone, Selina."

I shook my head. "You won't." I pulled her away from me and wiped her tears with my thumb. She reminded me so much of my daughter. "When is she having you leave?" 

Her eyes closed, trying to stop the tears. "Tonight. We'll take the submarine and be there by tomorrow night. I'll be asleep the whole time." 

"We have to get me on that sub with you. Someone has to be preparing it right? We just have to make Eve believe I'm still on the boat until we're all away from here." Anxious, I bit my lip.

"Can we do it?" Her green eyes looked into mine. 

I gave an uncertain nod. "We've planned for this."

"Not like this." She frowned.

"We can do this, we have something to fight for. Your brother and sister, my daughter." I didn't know who I was trying to convince but I knew I wouldn't just stand around with threats on my lover and Michelle. I would die before I let Eve lay a finger on her. And maybe that's what my future holds but at least I can say I went down fighting right? I sighed. "Chrissy, I'm not saying that this plan is full proof but we have to try."

It was quiet for a long moment before she gave a slow nod. "I'll figure out how to make you a stow away."

I hugged her again. "I'll figure out how to make it seem like I'm still here." I let her go and gave a half smile. "We can do this."

Michelle

"Remember, Michelle. This is your choice if you want to come here. You scored pretty high on the entrance exam, almost any other place would take you." My dad spoke and Damian in the backseat rolled his eyes. 

"I know, I want to see what it's like before I make a decision." I smiled at him from the passenger seat. He insisted on driving us to the school today, he said he had a business meeting at the company that I'm pretty sure he made up. I was going to shadow Damian in his classes to get the real Gotham Academy experience. He stopped in front of the large school and Dami got out immediately. 

He smoothed down my hair and smiled. "I know, but don't feel pressured to go here just because half the family has gone."

I shook my head. I wanted to do this. "Pressure? No pressure here." 

Damian appeared at my window. "Would you hurry up, I don't want to be late." His usual unamused tone was paired with a grimace.

Dad chuckled and pulled me into a hug. He let me go and grinned, glancing at both of us. "Have a good day, kids." Damian opened my door and started to pull me out. I laughed and undid my seat belt to make things easier for him.  I was out and he shut the door behind me. "Take care of your sister, Damian!" Dad called to him.

"When do I not?" He scoffed and pulled me along into the school. I tried my best not to stare at the hallways, it was nearly impossible. The tall ceilings, the stone floors, teachers were speed walking with papers in hand; the students in uniform chatted with each other at lockers. I was the only kid out of uniform, I felt out of place... I took a deep breath and shook away all the anxious thoughts that were forming. We stopped at a locker and Damian started putting in a combination. "This is a locker," he stated.

I scoffed. "I'm not stupid, I know what a locker is." I shoved him playfully.

He gave a half smile as he opened the door and placed his backpack inside. "You wanted the full experience, I'm not leaving anything out." He got out a book and showed it to me. "This is my chemistry book."

I laughed at him. And while I was laughing I didn't notice someone come up behind me. "Hey Damian! Who's this?" I turned to find an Asian girl, only a little taller than me. She had a bright smile and a yellow flower in her short hair.

"This is my sister. Michelle, meet Mizoguchi-"

The girl cut him off and offered her hand out to me "Call me Maps. Younger sister, huh? Me too. We can talk about how weird older bothers are."

Damian rolled his eyes but kept a small smile on his face. "We should start walking." He said and stepped away from his locker. We followed after him.

"So you're thinking of coming here?" Maps asked and I nodded. "That's great, we'll be living in the dorms together! I live pretty far so I can't commute here everyday."

I looked at her hopefully. "It would be nice to have a friend already here. Living in the dorms is what I was most nervous about."

She put her arm around my shoulders. "If that's all you're worried about then you might as well enroll right now. The dorms aren't that bad, maybe a little dusty. But I'll be there and a bunch of other friends I can introduce you to." Damian cleared his throat. "Oh yeah, and you'll probably see Damian during class times, or whatever." She brushed it off playfully.

Damian shook his head. "This is all just an act, Wayne. She is the weirdest girl you will ever meet." He said with a smile.

Maps nudged me. "He calls you by your last name too? Now that's weird."

°Time skip°

My phone buzzed in the pocket of my jacket just as the last bell rang signaling the end of the day. Dad was calling. I shook my head and answered as I followed Damian out of the classroom.

"Hi Dad, how was the business meeting?" I greeted him.

"Boring. How was school?" He asked.

"It was great." I smiled, looking at my brother. It was fun watching him interact with peers.

"Really? So what's the verdict?"

"I'd like to go here." I said confidently.

"I'm enrolling you now."

I giggled. "Of course you are. How soon will I start?"

"How soon do you want to?"

I shrugged. "Well I don't want to miss any more days and be behind." We were walking toward the limousine now.

"So tomorrow, then?" He offered.

My eyebrows raised. "You can do that?"

"I can if you want me to."

I piled in the back of the limo with Damian. "Tomorrow." I said grinning.

"Alright. See you soon." He said.

"See ya." I told him and ended the call.  "Alfred, guess what?" I called to the man in the drivers seat.

"You'll have to forgive me, Michelle. I am not very good at guessing games." He smiled at me through the rearview mirror.

"I'm gonna go to school!" I exclaimed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 901 33
GrayBat FanFic
156K 3.8K 15
Sevanna was the delinquent, the disappointment, the failure of a Wayne. She was always left out, yelled at, given up on, deemed useless, ignored. Nob...
307K 8.5K 52
Ever wonder what it's like to be a Hero? Or what it's like to be... Someone? You'll get to know the answer as you soar through the roofs of Gotham, w...
96.7K 4.2K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...