Never Let You Go

By LeiaOrganaSolo98

A story about Han & Leia between the end of Return Of The Jedi and The Last Jedi. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 15

116 3 2
By LeiaOrganaSolo98

      Han walked into the kitchen after putting their things on the Falcon. Leia was talking to Maz. Chewie walked in and past Han.

"You ready sweetheart?" Han asked Leia.

"Yes. I've called Luke and told them that we should be there by this afternoon." She said. Han nodded, giving her a smile. Leia turned to Maz.

"Thank you again for letting us stay here." Leia said.

"It was no problem at all. It was very nice to meet you and I enjoyed getting to know you." Maz smiled.

"And thank you for helping with my meditation." Leia leaned in and hugged Maz.

"You're welcome. I'm happy I was able to help."

"Bye Maz." Chewie said, hugging her.

"You, big guy. Make sure to come back and visit. You know, I miss seeing my boyfriend." She laughed. Chewie laughed and nodded.

"I will."

"And make sure you come back too." She pointed at Han. Han nodded, giving her a hug and thanking her.

      Maz followed the three to the hangar and watched as they took off. Once they were out of Takodana, Leia went over and sat on Han's lap, putting her arms around him and kissing him deeply. When they pulled apart, he smiled at her. Chewie saw Han whisper something to Leia and she laughed, giving Han a smile. Leia stood up and left the cockpit. Han watched her leave the cockpit then turned around to look at Chewie.

"Ready for the jump to light speed?" Han asked, pressing the controls to power up the hyperdrive.

"Ready." Chewie said with a nod.

"Alright. Here we go." Han pulled back on the lever and they jumped to lightspeed.

"What did you say to the princess?" Chewie smirked.

"Oh, you saw that?" Han laughed.

"Yeah, it was kinda hard not to." Chewie laughed.

"She wanted some alone time, so I told her I'd be back there after we make the jump to lightspeed."

"I'll let you know when we get close to Corellia. You go have some time with the princess." Chewie smiled at his friend.

"Thanks, Chewie." Han smiled and patted him on the back and exited the cockpit.

      Han laid there breathless next to Leia in bed. Leia put her head on his chest and he put his arm around her. They liked this time together. He was happy whenever she was happy, he liked that version of Leia the best.

"You know? I could get used to these hormones." Han joked. Leia let out a laugh.

"Just wait until the mood swings." She pointed out.

"Okay, maybe not that part of the hormones." He laughed. "But I know they won't be your fault."

"I have a whole other person at the controls of my emotions," Leia said, pausing when she felt her son kick. "See? He knows who we're talking about."

"Hey, kid. If you have a problem with that, you'll have to take it up with the 'Committee'." Han joked to his son, using the term that he used when they were being tossed around in the giant space slug years ago.

"Hey!" Leia laughed, "I am not a 'Committee'!"

"No, you're not." He smiled.

"I love you." She said, kissing him.

"I love you too." He smiled.

      They sat there a little while longer before Han decided that they should get dressed and rejoin Chewie in the cockpit. Leia put on a dress and was sitting in front of the mirror in their cabin, braiding her hair and touching up her makeup. Han was putting his holster on and his jacket on when Leia turned to him.

"Han?"

"What's up, sweetheart." He said sliding on his boots.

"Can you bring me my shoes please?"

"Sure." He smiled, picking up her shoes and bringing them to her.

"Here. Give me your foot." He said, tapping her leg. She lifted her foot and he put one shoe on, then he slid her other shoe on for her. Han stood up and stood behind her so he could see her in the mirror.

"Thank you, sweetheart."

"No problem." He smiled, putting his hands on her shoulders and leaning down and kissing the top of her head. They both turned around when they heard a knock on the door.

"You can come in Chewie." Han said. Chewie opened the door.

"We're coming up on Corellia."

"Okay," Han said, walking and stopping in the doorway, turning to Leia. "I'll be with Chewie."

"Okay. I'll be there in a couple minutes. I'm going to com Luke and tell him we'll be landing soon." She said, picking up her com. Han nodded and walked away.

      Leia held her com in her hand and contacted Luke. It rang a few times before she heard his voice. She hadn't heard his voice in a while and she smiled.

"Hello?" He said.

"Luke." She said. She heard him laugh and sigh.

"Hello, Leia."

"Listen, we'll be landing in a few minutes."

"Okay. Thanks. We'll meet you at the hangar."

"Okay, Luke. We'll see you then." She said before she hung up.

      Leia turned out the light and closed the door. She walked up to the cockpit to join Han and Chewie. She kissed Han on the cheek and sat in the seat behind his.

"You tell the kid we're landing soon?"

"He said he'll meet us at the hangar."

"Sounds good." He smiled.

      Landing in the hangar, Han and Chewie powered down the ship. Leia stood up and they all walked through the ship, to the ramp, and lowered it. Walking down the ramp, they were met by two familiar faces.

"Luke!" Leia said, running to hug her brother.

"How have you been Leia?" he asked.

"I've been great, how about you? How do you feel now, being retired?"

"I've been well. I'm happy to be retired, but I'm also going to miss flying an X-Wing. Now, I'll be able to start that Jedi academy on Yavin IV like I wanted." He smiled. Leia smiled, then looked to Cora.

"And how are you Cora?"

"I'm good. Happy to be retired." She smiled

"That's good." Leia smiled.

"Hey, kid." Han said to Luke, now joining his wife.

"Hi Han. How's travelling going?"

"How about we tell you on the way to get some food?" Han said.

"Okay." Luke said. They began to make their way out of the hangar.

"We've been all over the place. Endor, Yavin IV, Takodana, Naboo—" Han began.

"How are our grandparents, Leia?"

"They're doing well."

"That's good," Luke nodded. "And how's my nephew doing today?" he smiled.

"He's very active today. Must be excited to hear his Uncle Luke's voice." She smiled, putting a hand on her stomach.

"You excited, Han?" Luke asked.

"Nervous and Excited." Han smirked.

"You'll be great!" he said, patting Han's shoulder. "Just don't drop him." He joked. Leia and Cora laughed at the look on Han's face. Leia took his hand and squeezed it.

"Oh, Han. You'll be fine. I know you will. There's nothing to worry about." She smiled, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiled at her.

      The five of them walked into the restaurant and sat down at a table and ordered their food. Luke laughed when he heard his sister's order.

"Did you just order half the menu?" he laughed.

"No. I have this thing called being pregnant." She said, staring at him. Luke's smile disappeared. He looked over at Han for some help.

"Uh oh," Han said quietly to Chewie. "I think the mood swings have started." Leia glared at Han.

"What was that?"

"Uh, um. Nothing sweetheart." He said nervously. He didn't think his wife heard him.

"I'm not having mood swings. I'm just tired of people asking me why I'm eating so much. It's obvious that I'm eating for two."

"Sweetheart," Han sighed. "I think it's just that people are used to you not eating this much. Before this," he gestured to her stomach. "you barely ate anything. Now, you're eating way more than you ever did before this." Leia closed her eyes and took a deep breath, nodding.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I didn't mean to snap at you."

"I know it wasn't your fault. I shouldn't have said anything."

"No, I just have to get used to it." She sighed. "Your nephew still has some baking time in there." She joked. Everyone laughed.

"So, have you two decided on a name yet?" Cora asked.

"Not yet." Han said.

"Oh! Luke. You'll be happy to know, I've been meditating." Leia smiled.

"Meditating? You haven't done that in a long time." He said, surprised.

"I took it up while we were on Takodana. A friend of Han's helped me."

"Has it been helping? You know, reach out to him. Create a connection."

"Yes," she nodded. "He's definitely Force sensitive."

"When you were on Naboo, did our grandparents tell you anything else?" Luke asked.

      Han looked up from his food and looked at Leia. Leia just swallowed and nodded. Luke could tell between the looks on Han and his sister's face that this was a topic to cover later.

"You know what? We can talk about it later." He said, earning a sigh of relief from Han and Leia. Leia nodded and smiled.

      After dinner, they made it back to the house they rented for a few days. Luke made the decision during dinner to approach his sister very carefully about the topic of new information about their biological parents. They sat around the fireplace as the sun set outside. Han, Cora, Luke, and Leia sat there drinking their respective drinks and talked.

"Leia?" Luke asked. "Would you mind going down to the beach for a quick walk with me?" Leia smiled and nodded.

"Leia? Do you want me to come with you?" Han asked.

"I think I'll be fine." She smiled, kissing him. "We'll be right back." Han nodded and watched as the two walked out the door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798 35 13
The action happens after "The last jedi" when both Rey and Ben realized they fell in love with the other one. But their roads are going in opposite d...
4.2K 116 11
"Join me, join me and the power of the Dark Side." "You know I can't do that, Ben." //spoilers of the force awakens and just mere speculations will...
11.1K 256 15
After the Battle of Endor, the Empire fell. But what happened to Han and Leia? Their story may have seemed to be happily ever after, but there is muc...
70.1K 1.1K 17
This is a Star Wars story that takes place during the sequel trilogy (The Force Awakens - The Rise of Skywalker.) Like with my other story I will be...