Family First

By KingDeezy

It all starts with Amarni Drew Anderson. An ambitious teenage boy in a society full of hopelessness and doubt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Sequel
..

Chapter 39

443 16 4
By KingDeezy

Chapter 39

~ The Next Day ~

~ Amarni P.O.V ~

Guess who's back, back again

Amarni's back, tell a friend

Guess who's back,

guess who's back,

guess who's back,

guess who's back

guess who's back

Guess who's back...

It actually feels good to be back you know.Its been a long six months in New York.I was having a good time though: doing my media project, buying clothes, talking to new people , eating their food. I had a blast ! But I was really missing Chanel the whole time. All these chicks would fling themselves upon me, when I took the time out from my work to party , saying how they like my accent and that and they could show me a good time, but all I could think about was Chanel. The only woman I want is Chanel. I knew that it was about time that I had come home. I missed my family and friends – who are basically my family. Raah I’ve been gone half a year, but it’s a new year already. I need to catch up.

I sat at the Gatwick Airport, on the bench after I had phoned my mum to tell her that I had arrived. Can you believe that my Media teacher would not let us use social media or electronics the whole entire time that we were there? Telling us that we needed to focus on our work without any distractions. I would have probably been distracted still, cos it would have been everyday face time with Chan and whatsapp group chat. Atleast I know that I’ve secured this A in this course, But I’ve got to catch up on my others.

I got up and went to the vending machine placed a 50p and a 10p coin and picked up the Fanta fruit twist that was at the bottom. Ahhh I needed this, I gulped it down quick time , dashed it in the bin and then sat back down where I previously was. I then tweeted ‘ I’m back guys , did you miss me?’ on twitter and received a lot of mentions after doing so. That kept me occupied until I noticed my mum’s car pull up.

I peered at my mum who was wearing casual clothes and walked side by side with Chanel who appeared to have put on weight. I don’t remember her belly sticking out this much before I left, in fact her stomach was flat.WOW , she must of really let herself go. My mum opened the door for her and my eyes lit up at Chanel sprinting towards me with tears in her eyes. I caught her when she pounced on me, kissing all over her face and hugging her tight.

“ I MISSED YOU SO MUCH ! “ she sobbed.

“ I missed you to.” I replied hugging her even closer to me.

“ You’ve gotten bigger?” I said curiously with one eyebrow raised, I watched her shyly step back from my embrace.

“ I’m Pregnant Marni.” She smiled as she spoke. I jumped up with joy.I can’t believe I’m going to be a dad, this is soo great. I’m gonna cat daddy for ages now, I’m too happy right now.

“ SONNN ! “

“ MUMM!” I hugged my mum , I’ve missed her so much. When I tell you, it feels good to be back.IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK.

~ Chanel P.O.V ~

I could have told him right there and then. I could have told him the situation, but I didn’t. He was so happy when I told him that I was pregnant , seeing his gorgeous smile made my heart melt , he looked so content and exhilarated. I could not ruin his moment.Not today. I don’t like faking like this, I need to get this off my chest, but its soo hard. If I tell him, his life will be at risk knowing that he would set out for Jermaine. If and I don’t tell him and the baby turns out to not be his then he’ll live a life not knowing that the child is not his.

I could sense Mummy Felecia giving me side glances as we got in the car. She already knew, but it was my duty to tell him. I need to man up forreal. I could not bring myself to look at her , knowing that she was giving me an intense stare , whilst driving because Amarni kept on mentioning it. Can’t blame him for being this excited.

“ Babe, I’m so happy you know – I’m glad that I came back to great news.” My stomach dipped when he said this and the guilt rushed over me.

“ Woiii.”was all I could say to make me seem happy. I am happy, but .. I dunno I feel mixed emotions.

“ This is a tune ! “ Amarni shouted.  “ Turn it up please.”

I wanna get away ,

I wanna fly away,

YEAAAAH YEAAAH

He sang Lenny Kravitz – Fly away. To be honest, that what I wanna do right about now, fly away. The guilt is too much. I wish I could just evaporate into thin air.

“ Your Cousin’s really miss you Amarni.” Felecia said to him, with one hand on the steering wheel.

“ I didn’t miss them though.” He chuckled jokingly.

“ I’ll drop you to mines before I take you two home, so you can see them before they go to bed.”

~ Amarni P.O.V ~

I was literally engrossed in coming back home, this was a nice little drive, the cool breeze that was complimented by the beaming sun which was doing justice right now. The weather is perfect, as If the universe is welcoming me home. I had on my raybans, white ralph Lauren polo, denim jeans and my white huaraches that I had bought in New York. I was casual , but I felt buff.

I stepped out the car, opening Chanel’s car for her and walked hand in hand behind my mum who was turning the keys. The house was dark like the electric had cut out and everyone was too lazy to put it back on.

“ Why is it so dark in here ?” I laughed.

We stepped forward into the passage , and I took off my raybans,since there was no need for it to be on, placed it on the kitchen and walked to the living room.

“ SURPRISE ! “ Everyone jumped out , when my mum had switched on the lights. The way my soul jumped out my body and then back in again. I looked around at everyone’s happy faces. All my friends were here. My cousins and aunties, it was small but nice how everybody came together to do this for me.

“ And its not even my birthday.” I chanted. Clapping my hands and rotating my wrists.

“ AYYYYYYYYYY” everyone joined in laughing.

“  Amarni Punani ! I admit it, I missed your big head.” Evangeline squeezed through the crowd and embraced me. She’s like my lil sister that I never had, I protect like a big brother. I missed her and her ways.

“ I actually missed you too.” I replied, hugging her back, ruffling her hair.

The music started playing and everyone kindly took their turn to come to me, whilst the others were grooving to the beat. Everything in the living room was cleared so that I was more spacious. All the kids, all the adults were dancing, having a good time. I love my family gatherings like this, the vibe is always right.

Yellow model chick

Yellow bottle sipping

Yellow Lamborghini

Yellow top missing

Yeah, yeah

That sh*t look like a toupee

I get what you get in 10 years, in two days

Ladies love me, I'm on my Cool J

If you get what I get, what would you say?

Chris Brown – Look At Me Now was playing by the DJ, who was actually my dad. I couldn’t stop laughing at him getting gassed at how he’s working the set with ease. Obviously, Evangeline will act like its her music video when a Chris Brown song comes on, going to the middle with Alicia and Bobby chanting the lyrics.

“ HEEEEYYYYY.” Biola shrieked and I hugged her.

“ How you lot been without me? I dapped the mandem and hugged Layla.

“ Alright, but I’ve missed you man.” Louis fake cried.

“ It was so weird at first , but then it went quick.” Layla added.

“ I missed you lot too man, do you know how hard it is without electronics for six months?” I sniggered.

“ That’s rude how your teacher wouldn’t let you talk to us, I should bang her in the chin.” Cory retorted, I grabbed onto my belly as I laughed at his remark. After laughing I noticed a pretty girl on holding his arm.

“ Ay, you lot, this is my girlfriend Jerri.” He introduced her, I think he noticed me looking at her as well as everybody else.

“ Jerri, this is Tyler.. Chanel, Amarni , Louis, Biola, Layla , Jaydon and my brother Chris.” He said pointing to each one of us.

“ Hey.” She smiled and waved.

“ HOLD ON.. you’re the girl that works at creams?” Chanel asked her

“ Yeah , I remember your face.” She replied.

“ Nice seeing you again, you’re so cute btw.” Chanel said with a cute smile that put her deep dimples on display.

“ Thank you, so are you, in fact all you girls are beautiful.” Jerri said, she seems bubbly and nice. Good first impression.

“ Aww thanks.” Biola and Layla said.

“ I like your hair colour, how did you get it like that?” Jerri asked Layla. We left the girls to have their little talk and we had a own conversations.

“ MAN LIKE.” I spudded Cory.

“ You joined the relationship life.” Tyler added.

“ Truss me.” Cory began to get gassed.

“ ahhh Man , that’s not fair, I’m the only one.” Jaydon sobbed. I Couldn’t stop myself from laughing, I dunno why I found that so funny.

“ You’re not, Chris ain’t in a relationship, is he?” I asked. I’m sure he wasn’t before I left, even though a lot can change in six months. My question remained unanswered and the silence went awkward. What did I do?

“ What? Did I touch a sensitive subject or something?” I asked Tyler and Cory and Jaydon.

“ Naah, I’ll let him tell you for himself.” Jaydon suggested. Tell me what? What’s this got to do with me? I’m hella confused. I see how he slyly moved away from the convo,  I didn’t even clock that he was across the room talking to Evangeline and Jordan.

Cameo  - Candy came on, so I was distracted. Everyone who knows me, knows that when this song comes on I have to get up and dance by force. I went right the middle, where every single person was and did the steps.

“ Go Amarni, Go Amarni.” Alicia cheered as we both did the steps. This song now reminds me of Chanel, I think it was Trevor’s party. Oh how time flies. Then a glimpse of Jermz came in to mind and I stopped dancing and sat down. That was the day I lost my bestfriend. I could see him changing before that, but I never thought that he’d end up how he is now. I thought we would have been bros till death, but you know. Real friends are hard to find. We were different , too different. To the point where I was always in trouble because of him. I’m kind of glad that , we ain’t talking no more, who knows what trouble I could have been in. I would not be surprised if he’s dead by now. I’m grateful for the batch I have now. I laughed at Louis who was known for lacking rhythm as he did the Candy steps either before or after everybody else.

Candy finished playing and the song was changed to Cha Cha slide. All the little kids stayed dancing in the centre and the rest scattered off to do their own thing.

“ You alright?” I looked up to see Jordan standing above me, I must have been in deep thought.

“ yeah , I’m cool, you?” I asked him.

“ stressed.”  I wasn’t expecting that, so I let out a chuckle but stopped when I realised he was being serious. He sat down on the chair next to me.

“ What’s up ?” I wondered. He always seemed angry at life, how could I not notice.

“ This is too much for me right now.” He proclaimed with head in his hands.

“ I’ve got gcse’s and something is telling me that I’m not going to do well.” He continued. Aunty Hailey’s death must have hit him hard, to the point where is now lacking self-belief. I always knew that he felt the most pain from it, but I thought that It would die down in time. Clearly it hasn’t.

“ DON’T THINK LIKE THAT ! Jordan as long as you put in the work, you will succeed. You need to believe in yourself man. All of us believe in you – look around we all love you here.” I adviced.

“ I just feel like there’s nothing left to prove.” Jordan said and then his sister came over and sat down next to him.

“ What do you mean?” I questioned.

“ I wanted to make Aunty Hailey proud of me, now that she’s not here, theres nobody to prove to. I wanted her to know that I have been listening to everything she’s told me.” He confided.

“ You don’t need to proof anything to anybody but yourself.” Alicia added in.

You know what to do with that big fat butt

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

“ Sorry I need to get up.” She laughed and joined everyone who was dancing. Then Jordan got up and went about his business. I went over to my mum who had Heaven on her lap. She reached out for me and I held her , she’s gotten so much bigger since I’ve seen her. She smiled at me and I cooed at her one dimple, I began playing with her. Her cute little giggle and small babbles . I can’t wait to have my own child.

~ Biola P.O.V ~

I like this Jerri girl, she’s so cool. Where did Cory find such a nice girl? He’s so.. so Cory and she’s so sweet. And she works in Creams, that’s a bonus. Dunno how Cory secured her.

“ How old are you?” Layla asked her.

“ I’m 18.” She replied.

“ How old are you guys?”

“ we’re all 17.” Layla said.

“ aww you lot are all cute.” She complimented us in a high tone.

“ I’m not a baby.” Chanel laughed.

“ Man wants to be sexy ! “ She added , and we all burst out into laughter.

“ I dunno why boys hate being called cute.” Jerri giggled rolling her eyes.

“ It makes them feel small , like a kid or something. Tyler hates when I call him cute.” Layla jested.

“ Oh you go out with Tyler? That boy over there?” Jerri asked pointing to Tyler who was sitting with Amarni.

“ Yeah , that thot.” Layla jokingly said.

“ I should say congratulations to both of them, since I already said it to you and Chanel, but I’m scared.”

“ Don’t be scared their nice guys.” I laughed patting her on the back.

“ Cory is the first guy, I’ve had the courage to speak to since..” She stopped mid-sentence and took a deep breath.

“ Since what?” I asked softly trying not to come across as rude.

“ Since I was raped.” She finally confessed. I would have never guessed.

“ Its Okay Jerri, I know exactly how you feel, trust me.” Chanel hugged her.

“ Did that happen to you aswell?” Jerri sobbed.

“ Sadly, yes.”

All the girls them dey dance galala

But this new dance don cause casala

For this dance you no need shakara

Oya whine your hips like a this

Like a that

Like a this

Like a that

To your right

To the front

And your yansh to the back

Skelewu

Skelewu

Skelewu

Skelewu…ske le le le le

Skelewu

“ Come on guys lets enjoy the night.” I encourage them to dance.

I always get gassed when I hear afrobeats and Richard was playing all the good tunes. It was also funny watching Louis attempt to azonto. His rhythm is so off that I enjoy watching him dance. I made a mental note that I need to teach him how to azonto and let the music take over me.

I suddenly felt arms wrap around my waist, I jumped a little bit.

“ I saw you watching me.” Louis’ deep voice said against my neck causing chills to rush through my body.

“ Oh please I was laughing at you, you can’t dance for shizz.” I teased.

“ I can’t dance yeah, I can’t dance?” He said walking backwards.

“ nope.”

“ Watch this.” I clutched onto my stomach when he started dancing, it was so out of time.

“ Whats that , whats that.” I chanted walking forward doing dance moves. Everyone quickly gathered around causing a battle scene.

Richard played Guru – Lapaz Toyota and I waited for Louis to do his ting.

“ Show me watchu got ! “ I gestured with my palm. He kissed his teeth and bobbed his head up and down throwing his hands out and bouncing, it looked like he was skanking. He came to my face and did his fake azonto which made everybody laugh. Nonsense boy.

It was my turn and I pumped my chest up and down moving side to side as I walked forward towards him, then I azonto’d doing motions of me applying make up and looking In the mirror, then I put my hand In his face and turned around and strutted to the other side.

“ Ay Biola you won man, allow me! “ Louis threw his hands up.

“ Of Course ! “ I replied

“ Did you think you had a chance?”

~ Amarni P.O.V ~

Today was nice. I’ve missed everyone so much man, New York was fun ,but not as fun without everyone else. We need to go on Holiday somewhere, that’ll be dope. It was getting late now, all the children were in bed and now slow jams were being played. I was ready to go home, but I was enjoying dancing with Chanel. My Hands on her waist as she moved slowly in time with the beat. Face to face we locked eyes and I could see right through her that something was bugging her. I was distracted by her beauty. I pecked her heart-shaped lips and she smiled putting her head on my chest as we swayed side to side.

Everyone was slowly going as time went on, I sipped on my Bacardi breezer and leaned against the counter in the kitchen.

“ Thank you, for this babe.” I thanked Chanel.

“ Don’t thank me, thank your mum she was the one with the idea.” She replied.

“ THANK YOU MUM.” I shouted as I pulled her in for a hug which made her snigger.

“ You’re welcome.”

“ Mum, can I speak to Chanel quickly, if you don’t mind.”

“ Yeah sure.” She agreed before leaving and shutting the door.

~ Chanel P.O.V ~

Mummy Felecia gave me a knowing glance before she left and I knew exactly what she was insisting. I think Amarni new that was something on my mind, he was giving me a curious stare, but I couldn’t maintain his burning eye contact.

“ Whats wrong babe?” He asked holding my hands.

“ Don’t worry about it.” I mumbled.

“ Of course I’m going to worry about it! I can’t see my girl upset like this without knowing the reason why.” He raised his voice. If I don’t say this now, its going to build up.I’ve already predicted how he’s gonna react. Man up Chanel you can do this, its better to get this out in the open.

“ Amarni , please calm down and promise me you’ll remain this way.” I requested.

“ I’m not promising anything , you need to tell me whats up.” Oh shit. Let me just say it. He’s not going to give up. The tears already started to stream down my face.

“ This baby might not be yours.” I finally said it. It took abit for it to sink in for him because his soft expression swiftly changed to pure anger.

“ What do you mean? You’ve been with a next man?” His eyes pierced into my soul and I felt so dirty. I can’t tell him who it was, I just can’t. Amarni has a temper, who knows what he’s going to do if he knew it was Jermaine who raped me?

“ No, its not like that.” I stuttered. My heart was slowly breaking, shattering bit by bit as I looked up at Amarni whos jaw clenched tight, his forehead tensed and his eye brows furrowed. I could not look at him for long.

“ So is that what you’ve been doing since I’ve been gone, sleeping around?” He barked. Its hurting me how much I’m hurting him and it’s not even my fault.

“ No , its not like that.” I pleaded.

“ What the fuck is it then, cos I don’t understand?” I noticed that he still had on the heart chain and I had on mines. He caught me looking at it and began to take it off.

“ I Don’t want to hurt you.” I sobbed, wiping the tears from my misty eyes.

“ Its too late for that.” He sounded lifeless as he walked away , putting the chain in his pocket, but I grabbed onto his wrist.

“ Wait.. I love you.” I cried out holding onto his hand, but he shook his head.

“ swear? How do I know you haven’t been saying that to the next dude?” I was at the brim of blurting out everything, but I remained silent.

“Chanel. I need time to think. This is too much right now. You got me gassed thinking that I was having a baby with you and now you wanna tell me that it might not be mines. I was so happy until now, I don’t even want to look at you. Can’t believe this is happening. I Trusted you Chan, I never thought that I’d ever trust a girl again and I gave us a chance knowing that I was not ready for a relationship. I gave my all to you, which was stupid because you’ve stabbed me in the back.” His words cut deep as I knew the burning truth deep down inside. Why am I allowing Jermaine to ruin my relationship?

“ Amarni.. wait !”

“ Naah its cool, I’ve heard enough. I’m staying at my mums I need space. I’ll get Tyler to drop you home.” He dismissed me and walked out the kitchen leaving me to bawl my eyes out. I deserved that. I expected that. I rinsed my face out with water and dried my eyes. Looking into the bathroom mirror and noticing my stressed appearance. I placed my curls more towards my face, to hide the fact that I’ve been crying. I want my Amarni back.

Well, you know what they say. If you love someone let them go.

But I wasn’t ready to let go.

Thanks For Reading (:

>>  Vote , Comment , Like , Share , Follow <<

KingDeezy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lucky Me By Mae

Teen Fiction

2.2K 272 45
College is suppose to be fun, a brand new experience. I know it wasn't suppose to be easy and necessarily drama free, but I feel like my life has don...
6.3K 512 21
๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ. "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž. ๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐...
108 7 23
Ri'Kina couldn't tell up from down. Her Mother kicked her out when she was 15. She was sent to live with her other family. Family that she did not...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...