The Mafia's Son

By ehrikuhhh

Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Forty Five

69.4K 1.4K 1.4K
By ehrikuhhh

Hailey's POV

Isaac showed up at my house the next day around noontime, a little past one to be exact. Our date wasn't until two, so he was actually early, and that was a first. I was actually a little surprised when Isaac got off and rang my door bell instead of texting me that he was here, luckily for him though I was home alone, my brother and father had both left for work already.

My heart instantly fluttered at the sight of him, he was dressed in all black of course with a grey and white flannel on, I swear those were his signature colors, black, grey, white.

I on the other hand, was wearing a long sleeve suede dress and some long boots when Isaac came to pick me up, and suggested if i wanted to go change, but not before telling me how beautiful I looked, apparently what he had planned for us was pretty active.

It didn't take me long to go back up stairs and change really quick. I stepped out of my dress and boots and threw on a pair of black jeans with a light grey long sleeve and my jean jacket over it, finishing off my look with some black and white chucks.

I grabbed my bag and headed back down stairs to realize that Isaac was already waiting for me outside, I quickly locked my door behind me and headed towards him and immediately started grinning from ear to ear.

"More flowers?" I smiled as Isaac just stood in front of his car with a bouquet of roses and sunflowers in his hands.

"What, you don't want? I can always take them back or give them to my mother if you don't want them," he smirks. 

"No," I whine as I reach for the flowers. "I love them, I'm just running out of vases to put them in," I smile.

Isaac leans inwards, his face mere inches away from mine and my heart instantly starts to speed up, "guess ima have to start bringing them in a vases then," he chuckles pulling away from me, opening the passenger door.

"Hey! You got your Beamer back," I smile, taking in the familiar car in front of me.

"Yeah, this morning. I thinks it's my parents way of telling me that I'm off the hook without exactly telling me," he chuckles again.

We loaded up into Isaac car and took off, reaching our destination approximately twenty minutes later. Isaac had actually brought us to other side of town, the end of town, to a small place called Roller towne. I turned around to quickly face Isaac, excitement written all over my face.

"What?" he chuckles.

"I haven't been to roller towne since I was a little girl!" I exclaim.

"Well I hope that you know how to skate still because I suck ass, and we both can't suck," he chuckles softly.

"You don't know how to skate?" I smile.

He shakes his head, "never really had time to learn how to skate with all the the other stuff pops had me doing. I think I've skated like twice in my life time."

"That's not depressing at all," I tease him and he chuckles softly.

"Hey you asked, i was just trying to be honest," he smiles. "Watch out," he stretches his arm out in front of me, opening up the glove department area.

Isaac leans forward in his seat pulling out his gun that he of course had tucked in the back of his jeans, and sticks it into the glove department. But that's not the only thing that Isaac puts away, he stick his hand back into his jeans pulling his cell phone out, tossing that into the glove department as well.

I don't say anything, I merely stare at him for a few seconds, watching him close the little compartment up and sit back in his seat.

"What?" He frowns lightly, but there's a hint of a smile on his face still. I shake my head and Isaac smile turns into a small grin, "I'm all yours today. No guns, no phones, no distractions."

I try my hardest not to but end up cheesy like a goofball and lean in to kiss him, murmuring a "thank you," against his lips.

We step out of Isaac's car and walk towards the entrance of the building, as Isaac's hand clings onto mine. As always, he opens the door for me and waits for me to step inside, shortly following me in afterwards. I take in the inside of the building and it's exactly like I remember it, the only thing that's different is the little arcade machines, they're update to the new ones where you can use a card that loads all your money, instead of using loose change.

I take in the skating rink in the middle of the building and notice that the floor is empty, there's not a single person here, minus us and a few works.

I groan silently to myself while turning to Isaac, "Please tell me that you didn't rent this place out for just us two, Isaac."

He turns and smiles at me, "that actually would've been a great idea, but no, I swear I didn't."

"Then why is it so empty?"

His lips continue to tug to the side, "coincidence I guess?"

I narrow my eyes a bit, still smiling at him, "I'm finding it very hard to believe that you had nothing to do with this."

"Hail, It wasn't me, I promise," he chuckles. "Come on, I'll prove it."

Isaac clings onto my hand, pulling us towards the area where you check in, where there happens to be a young man standing behind the counter.

"Hello, how can I help you?" he smiles.

Isaac instantly greets him, releasing my hand. "What's up, man, why is it so empty in here?"

"Oh," the worker actually looks a little taken back by this. "we literally just opened about an half an hour ago, people don't start coming in until like around three."

"See," Isaac turns to look at me, raising his eyebrows. "It wasn't me."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I joke, walking up to the little counter. "Do you have any specials going on, uh-" I ask the employee, glancing down at the name tag on his shirt. "Adrian," I smile.

Adrian ends up telling us about two specials that they have going on for this week, unfortunately for Isaac, he doesn't seem like either one of them and decides to go and pay for everything full price. After were done checking in and Isaac is done paying, Adrian hands us two pairs of roller skates, one for Isaac and one for myself. They actually give you two options, you can either get a pair of roller skates or a pair of roller blades, but seeing how it's been a while since I've skated I decide to play it safe and go with the roller skates.

We walk over to some benches near the skating rink and take our shoes off and put the roller skates on instead. I take some change out of my bag and go rent one of the little lockers against the wall behind us, and stuff our shoes and my bag in there, handing the key to Isaac.

I immediately step onto the skating rink as Isaac stays behind near the entrance still, watching me as I skate further and further away from him. I turn back to look at him and can't help but chuckle softly as he looks down at the floor, an almost nervous look on his face.

I skate over to him, standing to his right, "what's the matter?" I tease. "Is the big bad mafia man afraid of falling down?"

Isaac merely chuckles while shaking his head, "why did I think this would be a good idea," he mutters.

"Come on," I out stretch my hand so that he can grab onto it. "I won't let you fall," I smile.

He's reluctant for about a second and in hales a deep breath, reaching for my hand, slowly stepping onto the skating rink. Isaac immediately loses his balance, and instead of putting his trust in me he quickly let's go of my hand, grabbing onto the side walls on the skating rink.

"Nope, fuck this," he grumbles. "Get your shit, Hail, we're going to the movies."

I laugh softly skating over next to him and reach for his right hand, "let go of the wall, Isaac."

He shifts his gaze over at me, a hesitant look on his face and shakes his head, looking back down at the ground, "I will eat shit the second I let go, Hail."

I give his hand a gentle squeeze, indicating that he let go, "I'm sure you've taken worse beatings, Isaac."

Isaac doesn't turn around to face me, but I can see the wide grin forming on his face from where I'm standing as he blows a puff of air out through his nose, slowly letting go of the wall. He clings onto my hand for dear life and we slowly skate out onto the rink, and I'm praying to baby Jesus that he doesn't fall over, I know for a fact that I won't be able to catch his 6'3 height.

Isaac does really good for a little while, we skate around for about ten minutes and he actually builds up the courage to let go of my hand. He of course falls immediately right after, and it takes almost everything within me not to giggle like crazy. We skate and hang around for about two hours, and within those two hours Isaac only falls down three more times, making it four all in total. I seen the determination on Isaac's face after he fell the third time, he had this look that said that was his last time falling down, and it was.

The fourth time that he fell we were actually skating off the rink, and poof, I don't know what happened, all I know is that when I turned back to Isaac he was yet again down on his tushie, an annoyed look on his face this time rather than an amused one.

I had a pretty good feeling that after today this was gonna be the first and last time Isaac and I went skating, but I didn't care, I loved that Isaac came out of his comfort zone and tried something he wasn't good at. It was like the old him was slowly peeking through this new barrier that he had up. We get our shoes and my bag out of the locker and turn the skates back in.

We leave Roller towne and surprisingly Isaac doesn't take us to an expensive restaurant, nor has he reserved the whole place to ourselves like last time. We actually go to a small Chinese restaurant that was a few blocks down, but seeing how it was quite a walk there we actually loaded up into Isaac's Beamer and drove in that direction. It was a little past 5 in the evening when we arrived to the restaurant, and seeing how it was the weekend the streets were pretty packed and there was hardly any close spots to park at, so Isaac ends up parking in an alley a couple minutes from the restaurant.

Isaac and I are sitting in a booth, in the middle of our dinner, talking, having a genuine conversation, when Isaac completely comes to a pause and is slamming his palm on top of the table and I'm left frowning a bit.

"I love this fucking song," he points a finger up towards the small little speaker that's in the ceiling.

I laugh softly, "you like Santana?"

Black Magic woman was currently playing softly in the restaurant.

He scoffs, "do I like Santana, he's one of my favorite artist."

"Really, so you like the blues genre?" I smile.

He nods, twirling his chopsticks in his hand, "do I not look like a blues man?" He smirks.

"I- uh," I giggle a bit nervously. "You just always seem to amaze me."

"How so?" He frowns softly while continuing to smile, slightly turning his head.

"Its like i think I know you one minute, that I have you all figured out, and then boom, here you come unraveling even more stuff about yourself."

"I'm sorry," he chuckles.

"No, you're fine, I love it."

Isaac smiles but doesn't say anything in return, he chuckles softly to himself, mildly shaking his head, looking down at his plate of food.

"There you go again," he murmurs, peering up at me, a hint of a blush on his face.

"What?" I puzzle.

"Leaving me speechless and shit."

Now I'm the one thats looking away, blushing like an idiot, but unlike with Isaac, my cheeks actually turn a shade of pink.

He continues to chuckles, "how about we get out of here?" I nod while smiling and Isaac raises his hand in the air, retrieving our check.

I get up to use the little girls room while Isaac pays for our dinner, and find him waiting for me near the entrance of the restaurant afterwards, patiently waiting on a bench.

I stop walking and stay where I'm standing at for a few seconds, just watching Isaac sit there, admiring him, and begin to grin like crazy.

I don't think that Isaac could see me from where I was standing at, but I definitely had a clear shot of him.

He was just sitting there, glancing to his right every now and then, looking out the glass window into town, a small smile on his face with a freshly new hair cut on his head. He of course had the same hair style he's always had though, a low fade on the sides with his long hair comb back, but it wasn't as long as before, I could tell that he trimmed it, and man did he look beautiful.

I stop gawking after a minute and walk in his direction, finally reaching him and he immediately beams with joy.

"You ready?"

I nod yes, but before Isaac can get the chance to stand up I walk up to him and connect his lips with my own, my hands quickly finding his face.

Isaac almost instantly deepens the kiss as his hands glide up my legs and land on my hips. My skin immediately feels like it's on fire and I actually have to pull away to come up for a breath of air. Isaac's kisses always tend to leave  me feeling dizzy and drunk and I loved it, but I wanted a little more than just a few kisses right now.

"What was that for?" He grins.

I slide my hands down to the base of his neck rather than his face, as he keeps his on my waist. I shake my head smiling, running my right hand through his hair, "thank you for cutting your hair."

He chortles, "if I knew this was in stored I would've cut it along time ago." I titter a bit, trying to figure out a way to build up the courage and tell Isaac that I wanted him so badly right now.

"What's on your mind, Hail?"

I shake my head softly, "it's still early, I don't want to go home."

"Yeah, what do you wanna do then?"

"I don't know," I smile. "We can go hang out at your house for awhile, watch a movie maybe."

Isaac breaks out into a wide grin, licking his bottom lip like always, driving me crazy. He slowly starts to nod his head, "are you sure?"

"Yeah," I nod in return.

"Alright, lets go."

I step away from Isaac giving him some space to get up from the small bench, he instantly intwines his hand with my own as we step out of the Chinese's restaurant and make our way back to his car. We're walking along the side walk, turning into the dark alley where Isaac parked, hand in hand still, talking.

Isaac had asked me about Carmen and how she was doing. Apparently Patrick has been trying to get ahold of her, but Carmen has actually been dodging him and he wasn't to happy about it. I guess Italian men don't know how to handle rejection.

We're a few feet away from Isaac's car when I swear that I hear a small noise come from behind us, but when I turn to look back there's nobody there. I start to get a bit wary and suddenly get the feeling that somebody's watching us.

Isaac gently squeezes my hand and I quickly turn back to look at him, "you alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

He shakes his head, "you seem a bit skittish."

"I'm fine," I smile. "I thought I heard something that's all."

Isaac titters while letting go of my hand, and wraps him around arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close to him as we continue walking, "My dad and I probably the scariest thing in this town, baby, you don't have anything to worry about," he winks.

"Except for us," a deep voice erupts from behind us.

Isaac and I both quickly turn around to the source of voice that's now accompanied by a couple other soft chuckles.

There's about four tall men walking into the alley, one right behind another, all wearing similar dark clothing, with either a cap or hoodie over there head, covering up most of their face.

My anxiety immediately spikes, this can not be happening right now, Isaac and I were having such a good night for it to suddenly get ruined.

I reach for Isaac's hand, getting a better grip of it but he immediately releases it. "Here," he shoves his hand into the pocket of his jeans, placing his car keys in my hand. "Go get in the car and lock the doors."

"What? No."

"Hailey-"

"Where's the rest of the gang at?" One of the four strange men that's walking into our direction hollers.

Isaac immediately grabs ahold of my hand again, pulling me behind him, shielding me with his body, "you guys are getting pretty ballsy coming out here," he states.

He knows who they are?

"As are you coming into the city," another one of the tall figures says as he walks ahead of the other three. "That was pretty stupid of you, Matteo, leaving her face marked up the way you did."

I avert my attention away from the strange men and glance back up at Isaac, but he's not paying me any mind, his attention is on the four guys who are now a couple feet in front of us.

"What is he talking about, Isaac?" I murmur quietly so that only he can hear me. "Who's he referring to?"

He glances back for a quick second but doesn't answer me, he shrugs his shoulders, and at first I think it's towards me, but it's not. "She had something that I wanted back," he says, no emotion whatsoever in his voice.

"Yeah," the guy to the far left scoffs. "Well you know what they say right, an eye for an eye."

Isaac doesn't say anything, instead he reaches a hand behind his back, where his gun is usually tucked at, but comes up short this time, seeing how he left it in the glove department all because of me.

He shakes his head a single time, swearing under his breath.

"Go to the car, Hail, call one of the guys to come pick you up."

I instantly start shaking my head, "no, I don't want to leave you!"

He quickly turns around, cupping my face in his hands, "Hailey, please, I can't afford for you to get hurt." My eyes immediately watered up, "don't cry, baby, it'll be okay." He kisses my forehead.

"I'm scared," I whispered.

"Don't be, you're gonna be fine."

I shake my head, "I'm scared that somethings going to happen to you."

Isaac kisses my forehead one more time, "call Dion, wait in the car until he comes for you, okay?" I nod, a couple single tears starting to spill from my eyes. "My guns right there, use it only if you need to, okay." I nod again. "Go," he nudges me towards of his car.

I start to walk in that direction, but I don't dare turn my back on Isaac. I slowly walk backwards, careful not to trip over anything until my backs colliding with his car. I click the unlock button on his remote and hear the car unlock, reaching a hand behind me I try and feel around for the door handle.

"Turn around and get in the fucking car, Hailey!" He grumbles, and i do so.

I quickly climb into the BMW and lock the doors like Isaac had instructed I do. He turns back around, facing the four men, and it breaks my heart to know that he's all alone and out numbered right now. I open the glove department and pull Isaac's phone out, quickly turning it on. My eyes instantly start to glister when it all starts.

There's a man out of the whole bunch who's dressed in all black, minus a denim jack that's on his back, who charges towards Isaac, and I'm relieved to see that Isaac easily dodges him, but then begin to panic when the other two guys jump in. My heart instantly starts to race and my hands begin to tremble as I watch Isaac dodge hit after hit, and then get hit after hit.

Isaac's phone then vibrates in my hand and I manage to look away from the chaos to see that he has a couple notifications on his screen, and Im quickly sliding my thumb across the screening, thanking God that Isaac didn't have a passcode and the phone instantly unlocked. I quickly go into his contacts and dial Dion's number, placing the phone next to my ear.

The line rings about two times, half a third time when Dion answers the phone, "can't really talk right now, KP."

"Dion!" I instantly cry into the phone.

"Red? Is that you?" I can hear the small frown in his voice. "What's going on? Where's KP?"

I begin to start crying hysterically, I don't know where to even start from or what to tell him, "t-these guy's," I stammer. "T-they c-came out of n-nowhere, they're hitting him so hard," I cry.

"Stop, stop, stop, get off me," he mumbles in the back ground. "Where are you exactly, red?"

"Um, d-downtown, i-in the alley-y behind Boss Hoggs."

"No, no, no, not where you guys are at. I know your location, KP has a tracking device in the car. Where exactly are you at?"

"I'm in the car."

"Can you see KP from where you're at?"

I nod frantically, "yes."

"Listen to me, Hailey," Dion's voice takes an even more serious route than before. I was so used to him calling me Red all the time, that hearing my actual name slip his lips sounded almost a bit unnatural. "No matter what happens, do not step out of that car, do you understand me?"

"Okay," I murmur.

"How many of them are there?"

"Four."

"Cazzo! Alright, stay put, we'll be there in ten, fifteen minutes tops. Do not get out of that car!"

"Okay, hurry!" I cry into the phone before the line goes dead.

I toss Isaac's phone back into the open glove department, eyeing his piece as it just lays there. I slowly begin to reach for it but instantly retract my hand back, he said only if you really need to idiot!

I glance out the window one more time to see all three guys minus one still jumping Isaac, and instantly grab the gun placing it where Isaac usually keeps it at, tucked in the back of my jeans.

I unlock the door and climb out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. I need to do something, I can't just sit around and wait for Dion to show up, who knows how long he's going to take, I can't continue to just watch Isaac get the shit beat out of him.

I start to run in the direction where all the guys are at, my heart instantly slamming in my chest. I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do, or how I'm even going to be any help to Isaac, but maybe just maybe I can distract them until Isaac's friends get here.

Something, or rather someone actually stops me. I feel a tight grip around my left arm and I'm immediately being pulled back, "where do you think you're going, princess."

I turn to see that the guy who's in the light gray hoodie had immediately scrambled over to me, as I was trying to make my way over to Isaac. He adjusts his hold on me, pulling me towards him, my back now pressed against his chest as he traps my arms to my sides.

"Get off of me!" I cry attempting to get away from him, but he's clearly stronger than I am. He chuckles at my failed attempts as I continue to squirm around, struggling desperately to get away from him. If anything he holds on to me tighter, pulling me further away from Isaac. "Stop, please!" I yell. "Let me go!"

"No can do," he continues to laugh.

I stop squirming around for a few seconds and look to my right to see that Isaac is no longer trying to fight the three guys off anymore. There's a guy to his right and another guy to his left that are hanging onto him, while their friend brutally hits Isaac on the face. My eyes immediately begin to tear up again as Isaac threatens to fall down, he looks exhausted, but the guys to his side don't care, they don't let go of him still.

"Isaac! Come on, baby, fight back!" I cry as the third man's fist connects with Isaac's face again.

The guy's hoodie lifts up a bit when he swings his arm to hit Isaac, and I get the smallest glimpse of a gun tucked into his jeans. Dread immediately fills me, when I realize that I to have a gun tucked into my jeans, I have Isaac's piece on me. I begin to squirm around again but unfortunately I still can't get loose making it impossible to reach for the gun.

I take a deep breath to myself.

Okay, Hailey, breathe, this is why your dad made you take those classes, for when something like this happened.

All my training immediately comes rushing back to me and I remember exactly what I need to do. In less than a second I swing my head back, connecting it with the guys face and he immediate loosens his hold on me giving me just enough time to get out of his grasp and I stagger back a bit from the force of the impact.

"You fucking bitch," the guy snarls.

I look up to see blood gushing out of his nostrils and I quickly lift my leg up before he can come towards me, kicking him right in the crotch. He moans while doubling over and I react quickly connecting my fist with his face, but I'm obviously not strong enough to knock him out. However, he does crumble down to the ground groaning in pain still, and I kick him one last time, but it's not in his crotch this time. I kick him in the face actually managing to knock him out.

Without thinking it through I quickly pull Isaac's gun from out of my jeans, remove the safety from it and fire it up into the air like I've seen Isaac do. Every single guy turns to look in my direction and i quickly point the gun over at the two guys that are holding onto Isaac.

"Let him go," I command, but they don't do as they're told, they merely look at each other and laugh. I take a few steps closer towards them and fire another shot into the air, quickly pointing the gun back at them. "Now!"

"You don't have the balls babygirl," one of the guys that's hanging onto Isaac scoffs, it's the taller one to his right.

"Hail... just go, baby."

"Try me," I hiss as the guy that was hitting Isaac starts making his way over to me.

He begins to chuckle as he gets closer and closer with every step, "you know, I'm actually a little surprise that you even know how to hold a gun, let alone shoot one. Now put it down before you hurt yourself," he winks.

"The only one that's gonna get hurt here is you if you don't tell them to let him go," I continue to aim Isaac's gun at him until he's now standing a couple feet away from me.

"Prove it." He snarls, crossing his arms in front of him, still laughing in my face, holding his ground.

I don't do it though, I can't, it's not who I am.

I quickly glance at Isaac behind him, the gun, then back to him, when he continues to chuckle, "this hard act doesn't suit you bella, you're far too innocent to try and scare any of us. Put it down."

My eyes immediately begin to water up as I lower the gun down a bit, my breathing now starting to pick up. My heart starts to race a bit when the man uncrosses his arms and they go behind his back, no doubt probably reaching for his own gun.

"That's the thing though," I scoff, aiming the gun at his thigh and pull the trigger. Better him than me. He immediately goes down groaning in pain, clutching onto his leg. I crouch down next to him, poking his leg with Isaac's gun as he winces, "I'm not as innocent as you think.. at least not any more," I smile looking up at Isaac.

His poor beautiful face is covered in blood, but his nonchalant attitude remains the same. There's no bemusement, excitement, anger, confusion, shock, nothing. I frown a bit, I just saved his life, I just shot someone one, and I can't even get the tiniest reaction out of him.

I turn back to the guy in front of me, moving the gun up to his crotch and he immediately fidgets under it. "Toss your gun and tell them to let go," I murmur and he instantly nods his head.

He reaches for his gun sliding it far away from us, and waves his hand behind him speaking in Italian.

"English," I dig the gun deeper into his jeans.

"Get the fuck away from him," he snarls while looking me in the eyes. 

I look up to find Isaac now down on his knees and hands, both guys standing quite a distance from him. I immediately get up from where I was and aim the gun back and forth from each guy, "your guns, toss them like your buddy," I say.

They both immediately send harsh glares in my directions, but one by one they pull out their guns, setting them on the floor and I kick them far away from us.

I run over to Issac once we're in the clear and crouch down next to him, he instantly yanks his gun from my hand and stands up to his full height.

He pulls me up to my feet, the smallest smirk on his face, as his left eyebrow continues to bleed. He grabs the back of my head, pulling me into him as he places one of the softest kisses on my forehead. "You should've just left you crazy woman. Now I have to clean up your mess," he whispers.

I shake my head looking up at him, "I wasn't gonna leave you."

His smirk continues to grow into a small grin, as he licks his lips. "Close your eyes and cover your ears," he continues to whisper, and my anxiety is immediately back.

My breathing starts to pick up almost instantly as I shake my head, "Isaac-"

"Do it," he growls, placing my hands over my ears. "Turn around and close your eyes," he adds and I do.

I instantly flinch at the first gun shot and press my hands harder against my ears, but it's no use I still hear the second gun shot, flinching at that one as well.

I flinch even harder when Isaac grabs one of my hands, pulling it away from my ear, tears now streaming down my face, "you're okay, it's just me, baby."

"W-what did y-you d-do?" I stammer, knowing damn well that was a dumb question.

His lips tug to the side for a bit, "my job," he says softly. "Don't look back, okay?"

I nod my head and he's instantly pulling me along with him, until we're standing in front of the guy that I shot.

Isaac release's my hand, crouching down next to him and scoffs loudly, placing the barrel of his gun against the guy's head, "I personally would've loved to see her shoot your dick off," he says. "Not like you're using it right?"

"Isaac.."

"Shhh, baby.. " Isaac then stands up, kicking the guy's leg that's bleeding, causing him to wince. "Tell him to quit playing fucking games, to stop being a fucking coward, he knows where to find me already."

Isaac grabs ahold of my hand, pulling us in the opposite direction, when he immediately stops in his tracks and is now seething. "Se fossi in te, la terrei d'occhio sua, Isaac," the guy behind us chuckles between his heavy breathing. "Verdino's not gonna stop until he gets what he wants."

Without a warning, Isaac brings his gun back up, aiming it at the guy's face and I immediately turn around placing my hands over my ears.

"He can try," Isaac growls before firing his gun, and I hear the small thump behind me.

"Come on," he grabs my hand again, pulling us towards his car.

I make the stupid decision to look over my shoulder to see what I already knew was there. Three dead bodies laying on the ground, each one of them with a bullet wound to their heads.

Isaac opens the passenger door for me, holding it open so that I can step inside, but I literally cannot move as I start to hyperventilate.

A screeching of tires gains mine and Isaac's attention and we turn to look in front of his car to see a royal blue challenger pulling up with Patrick and Dion quickly climbing out of it.

"You aight, KP?" Dion questions, looking back and fourth from his best friend and the dead bodies, a gun ready to go in his and Patrick's hand.

Isaac doesn't answer him verbally, he holds up a a hand, focusing back on me again, "come on, baby, get in please."

I look up at him, tears welded up in my eyes, slowly starting to shake my head. "Y-you.. you.. you kil- are.. y- you're just gonna leave them t-there?"

Isaac places a hand on my lower back, slowly guiding me into his car. He doesn't say anything as I take a seat, and is now hovering over me fastening my seat belt. He crouches down next to me and grabs my bag from the floor, immediately digging inside of it, looking for something until he pulls out my bottle of pills. He uncaps the small container placing a pill in his palm and hands it to me.

I immediately take it with no hesitation this time and plop it into my mouth, Isaac then reaches over me and hands me his drink from earlier and I slurp from the straw a few times to help me pass down the pill. He stays crouching in this position for a few seconds, watching me cry, not uttering a single word, until he gets back up to his feet.

Isaac wipe's the tears that are spilling onto my cheeks and bends down, placing a kiss on the top of my head, murmuring, "I'm sorry," and shuts the door as I watch him walk over to his friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 46.5K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
1.4M 39.6K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...
1.5M 42.2K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
52.5M 2.1M 177
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...