mischief || kth [✓]

Por stale-bread-stick

[College! au] "Well, I'm in my bed. And you're in yours. One of us is in the wrong place." "Yeah, and it's yo... Más

(Prologue): Making Enemies
Pt.1
Pt.2
Pt.3
Pt.4
Pt.5
Pt.6
Pt.7
Pt.8
Pt.9
Pt.10
Pt.11
Pt.12
Pt.13
Pt.14
Pt.15
Pt.16
Pt.18
Pt.19
(Extra): Unofficially Official
Pt.20
(Epilogue): The Flight
(Extra)

Pt.17

4.6K 260 120
Por stale-bread-stick

You wake up in a daze, the sunlight filtering through the blinds as you stirred in your position, rubbing your eyes in an attempt to rid them of sleep. Maybe it was something about the peaceful silence, the curtains swaying ever so slightly from the crevices of the open window, or the remarkably comfortable position you were in, but you determined that you probably won't be waking up any time soon; sheer exhaustion mixed with bliss encasing your form as you groaned, reminding yourself that it was probably way past the time a decent, organized person should wake up.

It doesn't quite help when you feel fingertips smoothly running up and down your back, your body subconsciously relaxing further into the pillow as you hummed, nuzzling your face into the soft, surprisingly smooth yet unsurprisingly disheveled hair of Taehyung. You run a hand through his locks in an attempt to brush it, the male unintentionally yet completely intentionally leaning into your touch as you mindlessly continued your ministrations.

A deep chuckle resonated throughout the cream colored walls, his naturally baritone voice mixed with the rasp and hoarseness from the lack of sleep breaking you out of your reverie, making a chill run down your spine as you only then realized- "Holy fuck, you're Taehyung, I'm in your bed, and it's already noon."

Your eyes widened in sheer horror at your current position, quickly scrambling upwards as you pushed the male aside, making him plop backwards as he whined for your return, your mind screaming profanities but the tinge of vermilion on your cheeks indicating otherwise.

"Ooh, time for breakfast?" He mutters to himself, sitting upwards as he crosses his legs on the bed, absentmindedly scratching his chest with the laughable coverage of a large sweater, his actions lazy as he blinked slowly, and you couldn't help but snort at the sight of his hair unkempt and sticking out in all directions possible.

You scoff, "Really- why do I put up with you.." You speed walk out of his room before he could utter another word. Though, of course, there was no way of ignoring the loud "Because you love me!" you heard from behind the closed door, cheeks flushing a deeper red as you hurried to take refuge in the kitchen from the very cause of your flustered expression.

Taehyung trudges into the kitchen just as you fish around the drawers for some utensils, not surprised in the slightest when you see the drawer filled with nothing but forks. Again.

"Goddammit- Clean the damn dishes, you shameless twat!"

~

"Taehyung, this is the second time you've cried over Moana."

He sniffles, clutching your sweater's sleeve, "But, it's so.. happy! And then sad!" Then again, you weren't surprised when you realized that he had memorized nearly every lyric from this movie, singing along even louder than the television's current volume that was nearly loud enough to completely erase the sounds of the outside world, but apparently not enough to stop him from screeching the words with surprisingly smooth vocals.

"I think you're exaggerating a bit-"

"Wait, wait, this is the good part!" There it is again, the deep vocals of the male beside you, the close proximity not helping your situation as you indulged yourself in the sound of his mellifluous voice that somehow managed to make the television become white noise to your ears; simply focusing on the words that spilled from the boy that still held onto your sleeve with a loose grip, but you didn't have the will to push him away.

"You have a nice voice, Tae." You mutter, more to yourself than to the man, but his attention was instantly on you as soon as the words manage to escape your mouth. You gasp, slapping your palm over your mouth with a childish hope that you had only imagined the event, but it was too late.

"Did you just," He pauses, a sly grin curving up his lips as you internally bury yourself away from humanity, "Did you just.. compliment me? No wait, even better, did you just call me 'Tae'?" You peel yourself away from him in hopes that he would give up, but naturally, the pestering continues. "Say it again."

"No!" You barely stop your voice from reaching several octaves higher, and yet there's still just a tiny hint of your voice breaking on the end, heart pumping faster as he started crawling towards you, slowly approaching your nervous form that was pressing yourself in the very corner of the large couch, that was just not large enough to keep Taehyung away from you for as long as you would like.

"Stay away! I'm warning you!"

"Yeah, yeah." He grins, breath fanning your cheeks as he hovered over you, "Too late~" He said in a sing-song voice, almost as if to tease- no- mock your situation as he leaned in, making you unintentionally suck in a breath, only for him to rest his head on your shoulder, "Say it again."

Your response is low, quiet and so embarrassingly breathy, "..no."

He chuckles right beside your ear, and you briefly wonder just how many times you'll manage to be flustered by the same sound over and over again, "Why are you so stubborn?"

You both remain in the same position, something different filling the air for a moment, sweet like mint yet mixed with the smell of his probably stupidly expensive cologne, or equally stupid shampoo. When you feel his hands sliding on each side of your waist is when you squeal the word out with evident difficulty, "Tae!"

His movements halt, much to the relief of your pained heart, as it took a few seconds for him to recover as he only separated from you after a few short minutes that felt way too long, a fond grin curving up his lips, "See, you do love me."

The sound of your ever beating heart engulfs your senses as he only then turns off the television, sending you a brief smile before walking up the stairs, supposedly towards his room, to leave you alone with your thoughts.

Shit. That was like a real life cliffhanger.

~

So what are you supposed to be doing now, you're asking yourself.

Now there was really no way of avoiding the subject with the male; actually, there was no way of facing the male without constantly worrying about something happening, so what exactly are you to do? Avoiding him is not an option, you understood that quite a while ago, but you couldn't stand the feeling of always being on high alert around him.

Without your mind truly comprehending your actions, your thumb hovered over the call button before firmly pressing down, the familiar vibration accompanied by the ringing of the call knocking you out of your thoughts as your eyes widened, the phone slipping from your fingertips as you stumbled to catch it-

"Y/n?" You huff to yourself, hands flailing in pure panic before you held your phone to your ear, trying your best to remain composed,

"Uh, Taehyung?" You heard the male chuckle from the other side,

"No 'Tae' this time?" You click your tongue in annoyance,

"Yah!" You could practically feel the cheeky grin he had, smugness oozing off his voice as he continued,

"So, you're literally in the room right beside mine and you still call me." He giggles, your cheeks burning because dammit, you really didn't quite think this through at all, "Is it pure laziness, or did you just really love my voice that much?"

"Uh," You stumble for a coherent sentence, tripping over words as you force yourself to say something, anything, that could potentially help you escape this predicament you've somehow made yourself suffer through. Though when you said that you hadn't thought your actions through before, then goddammit, did the words that you said next really not process in your mind, "Because- Because I love you?"

His whole world stopped.

"W-wait-" You stutter, but the line had already cut off, leaving you alone in your room to slowly lower your phone from your ears, staring blankly at the wall. What had you done.

Your door suddenly bursts open, the all too familiar male holding an expression you couldn't decipher, or maybe you just didn't have the heart to. And yet you still couldn't tear your gaze away, fixating your stare on his furrowed brows and his eyes that held pure dejection.

You couldn't understand, but your heart broke.

"W-why-" He hiccuped, still standing by the door as he refused to move, forcing you to sit up from your bed and approach his quivering form, "Why would you say something if you don't mean it?" He spoke softly, heartbreak lacing each word he spoke as he clenched his fists,

"Tae-"

"Stop it!" He yelled abruptly as he backed away, halting your movements, "Get the fuck away!"

"Tae, please calm down." You spoke gently, keeping a safe distance away from him as you forced yourself to stay strong for the boy that was slowly breaking in front of your eyes.

"Stop! Stop it!" He was shaking in his spot, heart hammering in his chest as endless scenarios plagued his mind. He hates goodbyes because he never knows whether it's the last, he hates hellos because he's scared of getting too attached, he hates I love yous because he never knows if it's a lie, he hates genuine words because he's scared they'll change their mind.

Jimin was the first exception. He should have been the only exception, maybe not even an exception at all.

He loved you. God, he was so in love, but what if you left? What if he wasn't good enough? What if one day he fucks up so badly somehow, that you'll never forgive him, that his apologies will never be enough? What if, what if, what if?

After all, his apologies were never enough to stop his mother from leaving with another man.

"Please." He whispers under his breath, chest aching so much that it hurt, it hurt to think, it hurt to feel, it hurt to breathe.

Why not Jimin, he thinks. Why didn't you choose Jimin, Yoongi, Jungkook; Anyone, you could have stayed with anyone, anyone that was better than him, but you're still here, standing in front of him. You could have so easily left and not bothered with him anymore, but watching you try so desperately to reach him confused yet alleviated him to no end.

He feels you encase him in a comforting hug, stopping his wandering thoughts as his shaky hands hesitantly wrap around your back, clutching the fabric of your sweater in desperation as if to make sure that you're really there, resting his forehead on the crown of your head. "Y/n-ah.." He whispers, muffling a sob as he pulls you impossibly closer, feeling nothing but comfort in your presence as he allowed his negative thoughts to stop, if only for a moment, to relish in the feeling of you. He closed his eyes, placing a soft, feathery kiss on your forehead before burying his face in your hair, hiding any hint of a smile he once had as you did the same in the crook of his neck.

"Tae, I -" You're both interrupted by the abrupt sound of the doorbell, the loud ringing resonating throughout the large expanse of the house as it interrupted your sentence. Taehyung stayed still for a while before pulling away from you, hiding his expression by lowering his head as he speed walked towards the door, leaving you behind to stare at his retreating back.

You descend the stairs in a daze, breaking out of your reverie only when you hear a loud, hearty laugh from the entrance that definitely did not sound like Taehyung's. The door slams shut, an unknown man entering the vicinity, your eyes widening when you saw his boxy smile that suspiciously resembled the one belonging to the all too familiar boy you were living with.

No freaking way.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

94.4K 3.6K 42
Is he your teacher? Is he your roomate? Is he your step brother? OR... Is he something else to you? --- --- --- --- --- --- ...
1K 54 30
"Am I a rebound? I thought you were hurt? Mad at me? Now you act as if....I don't know." He was in fact right. I don't know either. Im suppose to be...
299K 15.1K 31
The landlord looks at the both of us, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry but this is the last apartment here left. Why can't you just split cost and b...
14.6K 363 19
𝘏𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦. 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴.