Healer, Reaper

By sinkingwmyships

Midorikawa Ryuuji is a successful doctor at Inazuma General. He has a job, a penthouse, a car... his life was... More

author's note
1: the first encounter
2: the order
3: hangriness
4: sweet-bitter
5: the surprise
6: plots & plans
8: alarm
9: favorite
10: into the light
chap 10 blooper!
11: introductions
12: business
13: a penny for your thoughts
14: Reize

7: wonder

438 38 34
By sinkingwmyships

"Kiss me."

Those were the words that Hiroto had said to him, moments before he decided to take control of Midorikawa's body. The greenette shivered even at the memory: the redhead's fingers entwined in his hair, his feverish breath clearly felt on the doctor's skin, and those lips... Midorikawa couldn't shake it off, couldn't find the strength to force himself to think of it as just an escape plan... Because there was more to it than just that.

'More to it'? His conscience snarled, sounding crossed. He used you! That was all. Why else would he suddenly insist on... on kissing? You must realize how absurd that is.

Let's take it slow, guys. His inner doctor stepped in, though seeming evidently rattled as well. We don't have all the pieces of the puzzle yet...

What puzzle? Why are you even defending him right now? His conscience yelled, red-faced. He's a scam, a con man, whatever! He doesn't deserve your sympathy!

"Ughh, just stop already..." Midorikawa grumbled for the fifth time in an hour. Great, Ryuuji, now you're going nuts. Better prepare for physical symptoms too; who knows what that bastard did to you when he kissed—

Midorikawa sighed loudly and sat bolt up on the sofa. Pushing his long green hair back, he pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them, his eyes trained aimlessly onto the throw pillow in front of him. He just didn't know what to make of the situation. Yes, he was dragged off and had his first kiss outrageously stolen. (It's a first kiss, okay, because he's just inexperienced like that!) Yes, the redhead did not offer any explanation as he ran off and left an extremely shaken Midorikawa to walk home by himself. And yes, quite frankly, the greenette was angry. But then again...

"Aghhh!" Covering his face with his hands, Midorikawa laid down on his sofa again – not bed, no, because it still smelled like Hiroto and he wasn't sure if he was ready to face anything Hiroto-related just yet. He just wanted to forget, to stop thinking on and on and on about what just happened. Little did he know, on the other side of the city, a certain someone was experiencing the exact same problem...

* * *

"So... you said you had a plan B? And you kissed him?!"

"I did."

"Oh god... but why?"

"What do you mean, 'why'? He had long hair which could have easily covered our faces, public displays of affection tend to make people uncomfortable—"

"Yeah, I know. I'm not that dumb. What I mean is, kissing him was the stupidest thing you could've done!"

"Stupid...? Oh, give me a break already!" The redhead raised his hands exasperatedly. A pair of teal blue eyes glanced at him, obviously judging. "Okay, I... I get it, but—"

"But it was the only option left?" The man in the driver's seat rolled his eyes. "When you're a good agent, there's no such thing as 'the only option left'! And... Gran, let me ask you a question. You say you get it, but do you really get it?"

The redhead in the passenger seat frowned, a little tired of his friend's nonstop questions:

"Get what?"

"Haizz..." The driver sighed, mumbling to himself. "He doesn't get it."

"Get what?" The redhead repeated, his voice a little louder now, more frustrated. But the driver shushed him as he slowed down and began to descend into a parking lot. The subject of the interrogation suppressed a sigh as he sank into the chair, the recent events replaying itself in his head...

"Kiss me." Hiroto whispered against the greenette's lips, his breath mixing with Midorikawa's own. He could see and feel how shocked the doctor was. An intense blush was present on his face; his breathing was rapid as if he'd just ran a marathon; and his fingers were digging into Hiroto's shoulders, seemingly wanting to push away. The redhead began to question his judgement, which is not something he does a lot at all. Was he wrong to decide on this peculiar plan B? Was this really the only way out, or was he just trying to take advantage of this oh-so-clueless doctor in front of him right now? For a moment, the redhead was lost in thought.

Then he heard them again. Rushed footsteps, barked commands, quickly approaching where they were... and Hiroto knew there was no going back. So, hoping with all of his heart that Midorikawa would forgive him, he leant in and closed the gap.

Hiroto didn't mean to get so carried away. He wasn't planning on closing his eyes, or using tongue, or even enjoying the kiss for that matter. But the feeling of the greenette's lips on his own was enough to knock all the sense out of his brain. Hiroto had kissed many people before. Men, women, he'd done it all. And sure, some felt good, some felt bad, some come and go with no feelings. But this one... it was special. And he had the feeling he knew why.

Hiroto didn't realize he was so out of it until Midorikawa gave him a breathless, muffled groan. Suddenly acutely aware of just what he was doing, the redhead pulled away, sucking in his first breath in what seemed like several minutes. In front of him, the greenette was struggling to breathe as well, his face fire-red, his trembling body held close against Hiroto's own. Huge, dark eyes looked up at him, and the redhead was expecting a chuckle, a smile, a tiny 'wow'... all the things he usually got. But he should have known that Midorikawa was not that kind of person.

SLAP!

Hiroto stumbled to one side, the left side of his face stinging hotly. When he looked at the doctor again, the sheer shock and anger on his face was almost enough to make Hiroto regret his decision. Almost.

His forgotten phone buzzed, making the redhead jump. Pulling it out, he cursed himself for getting so carried away. On the screen was about a dozen texts from his 'dearest' friend Gazel, with increasing degrees of rage. Praying again that Midorikawa would forgive him, Hiroto straightened himself, flashed a semi-apologetic smile, and dashed out of the alleyway.

"Okay, so... what do you think I don't get?" The redhead turned to his teal-eyed friend, asking once again. Said friend raised an eyebrow:

"The fact that you're so hung up on it already made it so clear."

"Screw you, Suzuno." Hiroto crossed his arms and sighed exasperatedly. "Just 'cause you already got a boyfriend doesn't mean"

The brakes were attacked in such a fashion that caused Hiroto to lurch forward in his chair and almost slam his nose against the dash. The teal-eyed man next to him exhaled slowly, clearly trying hard to control himself. At long last, he grumbled:

"Fine. Since you're so dumb you probably will never figure it out yourself anyway, I should just tell you. Why'd you think he slapped you?"

The redhead frowned; it's true that he has been thinking about that reaction, but...

"I don't know... I mean, I can't be that bad of a kisser, can I?"

"How am I supposed to know? It's not like I've ever been forced to kiss you before." His teal-eyed friend answered blandly. "Listen. If you can't figure out why you were slapped, you're probably not fit to ever see that guy again, much less make another move. So don't."

"I wasn't planning on"

"Yes you were. It's a warning this time. I'm not gonna let you go so easy next time." Suzuno finally pulled into the lone parking space. "He is my neighbor, after all. Can't let you harm a part of my cover."

Hiroto sighed yet again as they finally got into the lone parking spot and climbed out of the convertible. Getting into the elevator, he tried to empty his mind. Before he could come back to his doctor, there were some things he needed to take care of...

* * *

I have no words for this chapter...

I hope you guys enjoyed their little moment together ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And the 'new' character as well! Hiroto's background will be revealed very soon, and so will the answers to Midorikawa's numerous questions ;)

I have to go to class now, so bye bye friends! Have a great day <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 7.3K 50
⚠️English isn't my main language! Be warned of bad grammar! I also noticed I misspelled sometimes TSURUGI name to Tsuguri, my bad if you notice some...
218K 6.1K 22
What's more entrancing than getting your monthly paycheck? Spending that paycheck. Spending on what, exactly? Fake, unrealistic love that can only ha...
45.7K 2.3K 19
❝Karasuno went to their Volleyball Tournament but Shoyo wasn't feeling very well so he has to go to the Hospital. Then suddenly.......Something happe...
50.3K 2.1K 43
"𝙒𝙚 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪" ╰┈➤ Haruchiyo happens to have a bad day, leading him to get out of their house out of anger. Little did he know, that was also t...