seasons | killmonger

By mochahontaz

"What do you want, N'Jadaka-" "Erik." He corrected, making her smirk. "For someone who is so against the colo... More

BEFORE HAND
PLAYLIST
CHARACTERS
1 | P R O B L E M
2 | M I L K & H O N E Y
4 | B A S T
5 | R E L A X
6 | H E A D A C H E
7 | C O N T R O L
8 | F O O D
9 | K I L L M O N G E R
10 | M U S H R O O M T E A
11 | W A T E R
12 | S W E E T H E A R T
P A U S E
F A C E C L A I M C H A N G E
I N F I N I T Y FUCKING W A R
13 | S K I N TO S K I N
14 | F R I E N D S
15 | S C E N T
16 | O P P S
17 | C L A I M E D
18 | Z O L A
19 | P A I N
20 | S H A K E O N I T
21 | G R O W T H
22 | W A L L S
23 | J E A L O U S Y
24 | A P O L O G I Z E
25 | M O O N & S T A R S
26 | S A T I V A & I N D I C A
27 | L A N G U A G E S
28 | J A N E L L E
29 | A D O R E
30 | H A N D S
31 | W E
32 | UNHINGED
33 | M E M O R Y L O C K D O W N
IM NOT GONE
34 | A R R I V A L S |PT.1|
HOE WHY IS YOU HERE
35 | ARRIVALS |PT. 2|
36 | S H A D O W S O N T H E W A L L S
Why Nothing Has Been Updated: Plagarism
37 | R E F L E C T I V E

3 | L E A D

23.6K 853 512
By mochahontaz

When you follow in the path of your father,
you learn to walk like him.

~Ashanti Proverb
_______________________

"How has it been so far, Mbali?" Nakia asked me as we walked up and down the halls of the Royal Families home. A meeting was going to start soon, and the heads of every tribe would be present. Erik was already in the meeting hall with T'Challa discussing smaller matters.

I looked at Nakia and stopped walking. "Truthfully?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"It's been fucking horrible, Nakia." I groaned as she laughed. "Seriously! He has been a pest all week and continues to say and do things that makes it not fit for him to be a king."

"Thankfully he isn't though, right?" She smiled "What has he been doing?"

"He's been protecting the border perfectly fine; it's just when he talks to the men, he's telling them all of these thoughts and ideas of what we could use the vibranium for— for purposes that do not help Wakanda or other countries that we opened our doors to!" We continued walking.

"It's his mindset, Mbali. Erik is adjusted to war. Ways to go into it and ways to stop it. Then, he didn't have the best life growing up." She wrapped her arm in mine. "You know of his backstory, right?"

I shook my head 'no' as we turned down one of the opposite halls. I nodded at a few of the members of the Dora Milaje before focusing my attention back on Nakia.

"Well, you do know that his father is T'Challa's uncle; T'Chaka's brother." She nodded. "T'Chaka killed N'Jadaka's father. He betrayed Wakanda by helping Klaue get loads of vibranium. When T'Chaka told N'Jobu to return home and own up to his crimes; he tried to kill him. But the late king got to him first."

"Bast," I whispered. "That means he was only a boy when this happened." I spoke more to myself, earning a nod from Nakia.

"He was angry. N'Jadaka is smart. Fought in so many wars that he's numb to it all, and killed for fun at times. This is why he is how he is. It doesn't validate his ways, but it gives us understanding. Maybe you can even help him get to be a better person."

I stopped walking and rolled my eyes. "Nakia, let's be realistic here. I can't help someone who doesn't want to help themself, and is an asshole." She laughed as we turned back into the meeting hall, being greeted by all of the tribal leaders.

T'Challa sat in the middle of the room, while Erik was to his left, and M'Baku to his right. Nakia's father and river tribe leader was also present, along with the mining tribe, Queen Mother, Princess Shuri, and merchant tribe. Sanaa stood in between her grandmother and M'Baku. I smirked at her, noticing how she would often place her hand on his shoulder before removing it, hoping to not gain loads of attention from everyone present.

While Nakia took her place at T'Challa's side, I walked over and stood behind Erik as the Jabari tribes first in command stood behind M'Baku, and Okoye stood behind T'Challa as other Dora members guarded around the doors.

"I'm glad all of you could make it here today, and I pray that Bast be with you all as we depart." T'Challa started and nodded his head. "As we all know, we will begin to tighten our border patrol with the border tribe." He looked at every face in the room but focused on Erik's. "We need to make sure that we remain hidden from the rest of the world, but able to still offer helps to those in need. How do you suppose we do this?"

"Simple," Erik shrugged. "The force field that is keeping us protected and hidden is already doing its job. But, I know how easy it is to break through it to get in. If we tighten up the security on the field itself by making it stronger, we won't have to worry about who could come in."

"Are you implying that my protection is outdated?" Shuri questioned and placed her hand on her chest.

"Not what I said, Princess." He shook his head. "You're technique is perfect; but does it need a little bit more tweaking to make sure no one gets in? Of course. How do you think I got in here so easily?"

T'Challa nodded his head, taking in everything that was being said. "What extra utilities will the border tribe need to make sure everything is safe and secured?"

"Nothing." I cut in, everyone's eyes fell on me, including Erik's as his brown raised. "Our men are equipped with everything that Princess Shuri has given us; I believe if we stay on guard, we will be fine."

"True, but, it's always best to be over protected than under, Mbali." Erik corrected me. My eyes widened as I looked at him.

Was he crazy? Did he forget that this is something that I've been doing for years?

I think he did.

"Well, Prince N'Jadaka, seeing as though this is something that I've watched over for years, I understand the precautions that we should and shouldn't take." I glared at him.

"Oh, Bast. Here we go... he's got the wrong one started." Sanaa mumbled and rolled her eyes. M'Baku chuckled lightly and patted her hand.

"Let them go at it, my love. It will be interesting to watch."

"Are you questioning the authority of your tribal leader, Mbali? I don't think that's something that's in your best interest, sweetheart." Erik smirked.

"You wanna know what I have to say to my tribal leader?—" Nakia cut me off by pinching my arm.

"I believe that both bring up valid points." She looked around to the elders. "N'Jadaka is experienced in war and knows the best methods for protection; especially if it was easy for him to get through the force field. However, Mbali has been doing this for years; her expertise on the border and what it needs and doesn't need should also be taken into consideration."

Leave it to Nakia to always be the common ground.

The elders nodded in agreement. "King T'Challa, my son, what is your final say towards the issue?" Queen Mother looked at her son. T'Challa rubbed his beard and nodded his head.

"We will meet again later in the month to discuss the matter and continue to test the waters. If all fails; we will move with more precaution. N'Jadaka, Mbali, I am leaving you two to decide what is best for the tribe during our next meeting, so I hope that you two agree on something." He smiled at the two of us before dismissing the meeting.

I sighed and said my goodbyes to everyone before making my way to the exit and onto the ship. I was always to my seat when I felt someone push me against the wall.

Erik trapped me between his arms and glared down at me. "Don't you ever try to belittle me by going against what I say, got it, sweetheart? You follow my lead. Not the other way around."

"I don't know what they taught you in America, but none of that shit flies with me, prince." I glared up at him. "I won't let just anything happen to this border while you're over it. If it comes down to you or this tribe and my job? You know where you stand." My breathing became irrational.

A chuckle left his lips as he licked his bottom one. His two gold fangs becoming more noticeable. "You better be lucky that you're cute, sweetheart." He shook his head and pulled away from me. "Try some shit like that again, and I won't hesitate to add another scar to your skin."

"You don't have the balls. Calm yourself down, before you say something you'll regret." I sat down across from him and watched as we flew over Wakanda.

________________

I sat down in my room as I looked out at the grass fields and rhinos that were outside. Even though the border tribe came across as being just grassland, we were able to have many markets, cities, and outings just like the ones close to the royal family.

Loud thumping was coming from above my head, and continued to from the time we landed a few hours ago up until now. It was obviously coming from Erik's room. Every few minutes I would hear a door open then close, and the thumping sound would start again.

Even after the minutes passed; it continued when I thought he'd get tired of whatever he was doing. It was night time now, and I was tired of hearing the madness. Groaning, I get up from my bed and make my way upstairs to his personal level. He wasn't in his training room, his library, meeting halls or bathrooms.

I grew even more pissed off because the thumping was getting louder. I didn't always agree with W'Kabi, but at least he was respectful enough to understand that others stayed in the headquarters aside from him, and he never played music too loud or even had his tv too loud unless we were watching or listening to the same thing.

"N'Jadaka!" I yelled down the halls and banged on every door until I reached his own and heard where the noises were coming from. The thumping continued and small muffled sounds.

"N'Jadaka open the damn door, now!"

The thumping sound stopped as the handle on the door shook before allowing me to meet his sweat covered forehead. His chest was barely covered as he stuck his upper half of his body through the door. "Can I help you, sweetheart?" He looked me up and down, licking his lips.

I frowned and followed his eyes, forgetting that I was wrapped in the pajama set that Sanaa bought me when she came over for a visit

I rolled my eyes and covered my chest; even crossing my legs in the process thinking that it'll help cover me up, but it actually didn't. "What the hell are you doing in here? It's late and I'm trying to relax—"

"My prince, is everything alright?" A hand was placed on his peck and the face of a woman appeared, pouting her round lips at him before looking at me.

"My prince?" Two more voices said in unison. I frowned and pushed the door open all the way to see two other women sitting on his bed, wrapped in his sheets while the other kissed along his shoulder.

"I'm kind of busy at the moment, sweethear—"

"You all have thirty seconds to get your things together and exit the headquarters before I make it known to your families; and even one of your husbands that you're sleeping with the Prince. And I'm sure Queen Mother would love to hear about this. Do not show your faces back here." I snapped. Their eyes instantly widened as they grabbed their things and ran out of his room and out of the headquarters.

I turned to look back at Erik to see him still eyeing my body. "You're a sick asshole, N'Jadaka." I snapped. "You've allowed three women to come into private headquarters—"

"Five actually. Two others left before you came." He corrected and smiled.

"This is amusing to you, eh? This isn't some type of brothel to bring your women here; especially the married ones! Do not disrespect this place again. Especially if I stay here too. Understand?" I snapped and pointed my finger at him.

A chuckle left his lips and he pulled me against his chest, his hands resting at my hips and I instantly froze. His touch was warm and firm, almost inviting me into his body. "Once again, your threats don't do much to my soul or ego, sweetheart." He mumbled into my ear, while his hands went up further to the hem of my shirt. "If you wanted me to yourself, that's all you had to say. I was wondering where all of this built up frustration in you came from. I guess I know now." I felt his lips smirk against my neck as he kissed it.

My eyes fluttered and I bit my lip. He wasn't new to anything that he was doing. It was obvious as to why those women were so easy to throw themselves onto him... all at once. His kisses trailed further down my neck, and even though it felt good; I knew I had to come back to my senses ASAP.

I pushed him away from me, making him hit his back against the wall. He smirked and rubbing his thumb against his bottom lip. "If you ever get that close to me again, I won't  hesitate to hurt you. I don't know what your father taught you about women, but that's not the way to make one like you."

His jaw clenched a little before he smiled and shook his head. "You liked it sweetheart, it's fine if you don't want to admit it. As for my father; I learned a thing or two from him. If you ever wanna find out a bit more, you know where my room is." He turned to go back into his room. "Hey, since you ran my fun away; how about you let me show you what all the noise was about, huh? Maybe that'll loosen you up."

"Fuck you, N'Jadaka." I rolled my eyes.

"I intend to sooner or later, and keep that... outfit on more when you're here. It's real... fitting on you; in all the right places, sweetheart."

My eyes widened and I groaned as I walked away. He chuckled in response before closing his door for the night; hopefully not calling over anymore women so that I could finally enjoy my rest.

____________________________
CHAPTER EDITED

Longer chapter 😊

What do you think of Erik's antics?

Do you wanna see more interactions with Sanaa and M'Baku?

Or more interactions with Erik and Mbali?

What do you thinks gonna happen next?

| VOTE & COMMENT |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

575K 14.7K 143
BITCH WE BACK GANG GANG
436K 12.2K 30
"I will not hold you in a cage. You are free here." -T'Challa "It's for your own protection! I'm doing this to keep you safe! Don't you understand, t...
266K 10.6K 46
𝙋𝙊𝙒𝙀𝙍 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇! i really want to know your ways. ⠀ social media au ...