Her Redeemed Destiny

Από Mintessla

Book Two in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And when the past becomes present; the cost of war is blood.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫... Περισσότερα

Introduction
• Copyright •
• Epigraph - Part I •
• Chapter One •
• Epigraph - Part II •
• Chapter Two •
• Epigraph - Part III •
• Chapter Three •
• Epigraph - Part IV •
• Chapter Four •
• Epigraph - Part V •
• Chapter Five •
• Epigraph - Part VI •
• Chapter Six •
• Epigraph - Part VII •
• Chapter Seven •
• Epigraph - Part VIII •
• Chapter Eight •
• Epigraph - Part IX •
• Epigraph - Part X •
• Chapter Ten •
• Epigraph - Part XI •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Epigraph - Part XII •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Epigraph - Part XIII •
• Chapter Thirteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIV •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Epigraph - Part XV •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVI •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVII •
• Chapter Seventeen •
• Epigraph - Part XVIII •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIX•
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Epigraph - Part XX•
• Chapter Twenty •
• Epigraph - Part XXI•
• Chapter Twenty One •
• Epigraph - Part XXII•
• Epilogue •
Thank you
Q & A
• Reviews •
The Third Book ...

• Chapter Nine •

5.2K 358 172
Από Mintessla

"How do you find strength?"        

Leroy healed in the course of two days as his wolf began to regain strength without the wolfsbane poisoning his system. His fatigued eyes brightened, his ashen skin regaining its radiance and he started to rehabilitate his body in training. 

His men followed after him, their strength returning, and Leon began to realize just how close the six of them were. They held a great respect for each other and it was shown in the way they interacted. Leon's warriors were wary the first day, but as they explored their differences, he noticed a brotherliness in them.  

There was much talk about what took place in their past as Leroy reconnected with his closest friends - Darren and Heath - and although there was a melancholic loss, there was also a determination that lingered and it tasted of revenge.

Leon knew that the warriors were banding together in hopes of taking down their enemy, but he knew that it was impossible. The Conquistador Pack was the largest and most ruthless pack in Northern America, they stood in the strength of hundreds - Aloysius Pack only held a fraction of a hundred warriors. 

Yet, he didn't dampen his brothers spirits - maybe the Moon Goddess would assist them in vanquishing the werewolf community of such sinister wolves. However, he also knew that in order to kill the monster they would have to become the monsters. 

Cassius was surprisingly scarce in the pack house and it was oddly silent as he spent most of the days with Reeve. The winter season finally let go and the warmth of the coming summer flooded the forest, bringing to life the vibrant green colors. Trees sported buds, birds chirped from the canopies, and the meadows had grass sprouting from the dead, trodden ground. 

Leon walked towards his house with Leroy and his men following, Leroy cracking jokes with Asher, and their laughter followed him all the way into the kitchen where they found Cassius sitting at the island counter - Deikota and Jasper sitting adjacent of him.

"Hey, Cassius," Asher grinned, taking a seat beside Cassius, "I almost missed you. How's Reeve doing?" 

Leon pulled open the refrigerator and started to pull leftovers from the shelves, Leroy settling in a stool across from Cassius, next to Jasper, and West leaned against the door frame with a suddenly cross look. 

Cassius shoved Asher playfully, "Liar," He stuck his tongue out, "Reeve is doing very good. She can walk around the room now without falling. I think I can convince her to come to dinner tonight."

"That's news," Asher nodded, "She's really been improving." 

Deikota smiled a little, her eyes shining in mischief, and Cassius sent her a questioning look of which she ignored. Jasper glanced over his shoulder at Leroy's men in curiosity, and then West cleared his throat aggressively - which was like a silent request. 

Leroy sighed, clasping his hands together, "Guys, can we discuss the elephant in the room?"

"What elephant?" Leon paused, turning to face his brother, and Deikota frowned.

"This she-wolf you have here," Leroy stated, "She doesn't share the scent of the pack, which means she isn't your member.  Now, West has informed me that this she-wolf is the same one that killed his family. Leon, I want you to be honest, is this she-wolf dangerous?"

A pause, a heavy sigh, and then Leon nodded, "Yes. Reeve is capable of many things. She was a member of the Crystal Peak Pack," Leroy's eyes conveyed recognition as Leon continued, "She was held prisoner for the past four years and tortured. Conquistador Pack used her to bring themselves to the top, and then the Blackwood Pack attempted to kill her.  She's been through a lot but I can assure you that she hasn't been the same since she's been here. She still struggles to understand, yes, but I am her Alpha." 

West sneered, "A wolf of that damage can't be healed, how do you propose you did it?" 

Cassius cleared his throat and when the attention fully turned to him, he raised his hand, "That would be me." 

"And how did you do it?" West urged. 

The Gamma shrugged, "I discovered a soul." 

There was another pause before Leroy spoke, "So, this is indeed the same she-wolf we've all heard the rumors about? Reeve is the best tracker in history?" 

"Yes, and she's my charge," Leon sent a sideways glance at West, "We've been keeping her a secret here but she's alittle odd around men. I can't guarantee she'll want to meet you, especially after she's just shifted for the first time."

"Shifted for the first time?" Leroy echoed in confusion, "What does that mean?" 

Leon shook his head, "I don't know the details. But I'm assuming she hasn't shifted for almost three years." 

Deikota gasped.

"Three years?" This time, one of Leroy's men echoed him - Emmett - "That's impossible. Too much time spent in one form can damage the body."  

"I know," Leon said, "But, so far there doesn't seem to be any damage." 

"Physically." Cassius mumbled. 

Asher glanced at the Gamma, "What?" 

Cassius heaved a sigh, "There's no damage physically. But, mentally and emotionally is a totally different story and we can't clearly deduce it. Darren thinks she hasn't really had time to accept everything, and now that she's human it makes her feel like she's back in those dungeons." 

"That makes sense," Asher nodded, frowning, "But damn. Poor girl."

Leon turned to West, his face stern, "You see? She's been broken and we're trying to piece everything back together. She is not the wolf you remember, and I forbid you to lay a hand on her. If she so much as feels threatened by you, I will throw you out of this pack." 

The last of Leon's word were spoken in a snarl and his brothers and sister watched him with surprised expressions. Leon was never one to be so stiff - it was almost like he was a father protective over his children. 

The former Beta titled his head, his eyes dangerous, "I can respect that on your territory. However, if that she-wolf leaves this territory, its fair game. She is still the murderer of my family." 

"Are you serious?" Deikota finally snapped, "You don't have a clue what Reeve has gone through! You can't just assume she's evil when you don't know her. I get that you are hurt but harboring this hate against a nineteen year old girl is sick! I won't let you kill her, you'll have to kill me fir -" 

Jasper growled and abruptly stood up, cutting off Deikota as he grabbed her around the waist. She struggled, kicking her legs, as her stool hit the floor with a crack. 

"Do you hear me? This isn't - let GO of me!" Deikota's voice mixed with her wolf's as Jasper drug her from the room, "This isn't over! You'll pay if you touch her you son of a bitch! I don't care whose fucking territory it is!" 

There was silence as they listened to Deikota's struggle. They watched each other, waiting for something to happen, but no one moved. It was as if everyone understood - a mute coalition.

Finally, Cassius stood up, "I'm on Kota's side." 

The other guys watched the Gamma put his dishes in the sink before they, too, nodded their heads. West's expression was hardened but his men watched the exchange with open curiosity in seek of the middle ground.

Leroy rubbed his face and then he randomly started chuckling. Cassius pulled a face that said it all and quickly left the room.

Leon blinked at his brother - confused, "What's so funny?" 

"This pack is just like I remembered it," Leroy's eyes twinkled with buried emotions, "We are a bunch of mismatched souls that have found a way to work in covenant. Dad always loved to mismatch his socks, you know? Its like we're picking up the vision of his future." 

Leon snorted, shaking his head, "And Mom always got so mad at him." 

"No offense, but your family sounds ridiculously disjointed," Asher leaned back in his chair with a smirk. 

Emmett chuckled, "Aren't we all?" 

"This conversation has taken a major turn," Leroy mused. 

"From tense, to threats to jokes," Leon nodded, "It sounds about right."

Asher face-palmed, "You are all insane." 

Leroy raised his hands, grinning, "I can't deny it." 

It was an odd conversation between the men as two sides learned to mesh together - an unexpected benefit of the night. They'd started the day in hope, ran over a few bumps, and ended it with a peculiar amusement. 

Sometimes, they just had to laugh off doomsday. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

What do you think West will do? 

What is your favorite part of Reeve's story so far? 

Gosh, this chapter is extremely odd. The peculiar shifting of moods and extended dialogue between so many characters was hard to write ... I honestly have no idea what I'm doing ... but when is that a surprise? *snickers*

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

-- 1548 words --

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

74.1K 3K 63
(Condensed scene from the POV of Kayla) I can never have children, and I'm sure my mate felt what happened to me. If I ever meet him, he is sure to r...
Her Fated Mate Από Josie Marie

Λυκάνθρωπος

84.3K 5.4K 31
Book Five in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝She was his strength and he was her heart.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫ Reeve is a she-wolf unlike any other. She's been th...
Blood Burden Από Josie Marie

Λυκάνθρωπος

29.7K 2.8K 38
A Spin-Off [Book 6] from Her Destiny Series ||| ❝She never wanted it and yet she was forced to carry the burden.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ She was shunned by...
1.1M 9.3K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...