That Jerk [DISCONTINUED]

By aestheticallymalik

///////// NO PLEASE. TURN BACK WHILE YOU CAN. THIS STORY IS A BIG NO NO AND IT'S VERY TERRIBLE. I'M WARNING Y... More

That Jerk
[1] Cold Eyes
[2] Memories of Florida
[3] Date. Braxton. Me
[4] Date Night
[5] Auditions
[6] Romeo O, Romeo
[7] His Lips Have Been Anywhere And Everywhere
[8] Just A Friend
[9] Caiden
[10] Annoying Jocks
[11] X Marks The Spot
[12] Perks Of Being A Wallflower? More Like Perks Of Being Caiden's Girlfriend
[13] Script Lines And Marie
[14] The Dream
[15] Seduced For Shopping
[16] Confronting Braxton
[17] Braxton Knows
[18] Insert Creative Chapter Title Here
[19] The Most Rudest Girls In History
[20] Elliot
[21] Homecomimg Games
[23] Homecoming
[24] Makeovers
[25] I Don't Know What To Name This
[27] Bleh
[28] Tree House
[29] Have you Ever Fallen in Love

[22] Mom And Dad

379 8 2
By aestheticallymalik

[22] Mom And Dad

"Hey Lyric?" Braxton said. I turned around, smiling at him. Tonight was a good night, even though it started out crappy.

"Yes, Braxton?" I said, softly.

"Since you and Caiden are broken up, do you want me to pick you up for homecoming? I mean as friends, not as in a couple way," He rambled.

"That'd be great," I kissed him on the cheek and he gave me a side smile. "Night Braxton."

I opened the door and walked inside, quietly shutting the door. Gage was still awake, sitting in the living room, watching t.v.

"Hey Lyric," He greeted. "What are you so happy about?" I was confused about what he was talking about, until I realized I was smiling widely.

"Well...Caiden was being a jerk to me tonight," I started.

"What?" Gage jumped up from his seat and walked out of the living room. He came back a few moments later with a bat in his hands. "What's the little punk's address? I'll kill him for being a jerk to you."

I laughed and took the bat out of Gage's hand. "He was being a jerk tonight, but don't worry, Dana smacked the shit out of him and," I dragged out the 'and' part.

"And?" He imitated me.

"I dumped him. Well it's not really official, but I'm going to dump him during the homecoming dance tomorrow," I said, happily. "Oh and Braxton is going to pick me up for the dance tomorrow."

"Awww," Gage cooed, I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

"As friends," I added.

"But it's like he wanted you to be his date for the dance," Gage said, smirking. It wouldn't hurt to be his date. I mean, Braxton is pretty cool. I think he'll make the dance very amusing. "I'm going to get my camera ready for tomorrow."

"No, Gage. This is homecoming, not prom," I reminded him.

"Your first and last homecoming dance. Plus you're going with Braxton. It'll be great to show your kids one day."

"Gage, god dammit. We aren't dating. We're going as friends. That's it," I waved my arms around, dramatically, then stopped off to my room.

**

I avoided Caiden at all costs. When he tried sitting next to me during lunch, I picked up my tray and sat right next to Braxton. He tried texting me and sending me notes, but I just ignored every single one of them. It's not my fault he's an asshole. If only I realized it in the beginning.

I was curling my hair, when Gage walked into the room. "Hey Lyric," He smiled sadly.

"What's wrong, Gagey?" I called him my special nickname for him.

"You're growing up. That's what," He pouted. He walked over to my desk and picked up a photo of when we were kids. Gage was about eight years old there and I barely turned five. We both had giant grins on our faces and dirt all over us. I remember that day.

**

Five year old me was running around the front yard, while Gage was chasing after me with a worm in his hand. "Stop it, Gage. That's so gross," I cringed.

"But look it's so cool," Gage exclaimed in his high pitched voice.

"That's nasty," I said, disgusted. Gage just shrugged and threw the worm back onto the floor.

"Hey Ly," Gage said. He softly shoved me and then ran away. "Tag you're it." I giggled and ran after my big brother. Just the day before, it has rained, so the grass was slippery.

I was about to touch the collar of Gage's shirt when I slipped and fell into the mud. I fell on my stomach and them cried for my older brother. "Gagey," I sobbed.

Gage ran over to me. "Ly, are you okay?" I answered his question by sobbing. "It's okay Ly." I kept crying. Gage was thinking in his eight year old mind on how to get his sister to stop crying. "Lyric, look at me," I sniffled and looked at Gage. Gage pretended he was walking normally until he slipped and fell into the mud also.

I started laughing immediately. Gage had a smile on his face also. I took a fistful of mud and chucked it at Gage. Gage got a handful of mud and threw it right back at me. Then it was a full out mud war. We didn't even hear our parents come outside until they called our names.

"You guys are having a mud fight?" Our dad said. Gage and I dropped the mud that was in our hands and looked down.

"And you didn't let us play with you?" Mom said and then took a handful on mud into her hands and threw it at dad. Dad copied her actions and threw some mud back at mom. Gage and I continued the game until all four of us were tired. That night, Gage slept in the same room as us and mom sang us to sleep until we were finally dreaming.

**
"Remember when mom used to sing to us until we fell asleep?" Gage said. I tried thinking of mom's beautiful voice. I used to tell her that she should be famous for singing so beautifully.

"And how dad used to give us hot chocolate before bed, even though mom said no?" I said, laughing. Dad always told us jokes that would make me laugh til I died. My dad was practically my best friend. He used to spoil me. Mom, on the other hand, was Gage's best friend. They would spend hours upon hours playing video games with each other. Dad and I would play outside on the swings or slides.

My heart clenched at the thought of mom and dad, like always. "You know, you look just like dad, minus the eyes," Gage said.

"You look just like mom, minus the eyes," I said to Gage.

Mom was beautiful. She had long, curly brown hair that cascaded down her back. She had grey eyes that lit up every time she looked at dad. That's how I knew she loved dad so much. She was outgoing and friendly. She was always laughing.

Dad was handsome. His hair was straight and brown. His eyes were green. His smile was the thing that everyone fell for. Every time mom would talk, his smile would always be there. That's how I knew he loved her. Dad was loud and friendly.

I remember how mom used to tell us stories about her and dad, growing up. I always thought it was yucky when they kissed in front of my when I was a kid. Dad always chuckled and told me to think that way until I was forty. Mom said that I would be like that one day when I find the right person. Then they would both play fight about the age where I can start dating.

**

"Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?" The six year old me said.

"Yeah, I want to know," Gage added. Mom and dad both glanced at each other before dad answered.

"We were both in high school. I saw your mom walk into my classroom one day-" Mom interrupted him.

"And then I saw your dad," She said.

"And we both knew it was right," They both said in unison and then shared a kiss.

"Ew yucky," I turned away from my parents. They pulled apart and started laughing.

"Good. Make sure you think that way until you're about forty years old," Dad gave me a thumbs up.

Mom playfully slapped his chest. "You can start dating when you're sixteen."

Dad objected. "Um, I don't think so."

"But the mom is always right," She sassed.

They went back and forth until I interrupted them. "I want to find someone and be like you two when I grow up."

Dad smiled and put me on his lap. "You'll find someone, princess. When you do, I better meet them."

**

Gage and I both laughed at the recalled memory. "I think you already did find that one person," Gage said.

"I did?" I said, turning off the curling wand.

"Yes," He nodded.

I looked at Gage in confusion. "Who?"

"I don't think you realize it yet, but you know who it is."

"Tell me," I begged.

"You'll find out when the time comes," He said simply and walked out the room, so I can get dressed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 396 31
"Not screwing as in ongoing. It was a one time... or two time thing," I cringe at how slutty that makes me sound. "I was a little drunk... the second...
618 17 7
Rylie Cameron is a smart girl. She doesn't bother with romance because she doesn't believe it's worth the risks. She was collateral damage when her...
62.1K 2.5K 33
"I can't believe it, but, I think I'm slowly falling in love with this so called jerk named Travis." ... Katelyn, a girl who moved from the city and...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...