Bungou Stray Dog's One Shots...

By dazaiuu

Exactly what the title says. You can request anything and I'll write it! :) (except lemons I'm sorry ): •... More

Odasaku | Children Always Know
Requests! [re-opened]
Chuuya | Attention
Hirotsu | I'm in love with you, I'm sorry.
Dazai | Trust
Dazai | Torn
Ango | Secrets
Kunikida | Broken Cycle
Mori | Roses and Thorns
Akutagawa | I'll Break The Rules For You
Atsushi | River
Dazai x Reader x Akutagawa | Conflicted
Dazai x Reader x Akutagawa || Conflicted
Dazai x Reader x Akutagawa ||| Conflicted
Hawthorne [Mafia!Reader] | Blessings
Yosano | Waves
Chuuya | Wounds
Lovecraft | Two Sided
Fukuzawa | Soft Man
Kaji | Explosive Love
Chuuya | Vivid Touch
Ranpo | Hidden
Ranpo || Hidden
Mori x Reader x Fyodor | A Lover's Foe
Mori x Reader x Fyodor || A Lover's Foe
Edgar x Reader x Ranpo || Unsolved
Dazai • Chuuya • Akutagawa • Atsushi | Bittersweet Memories
Chuuya | Elegance
Dazai | Failed Attempts
Mark x John | Breathe
Shibusawa | intruiged
Chuuya | fallout

Edgar x Reader x Ranpo | Unsolved

5.5K 111 56
By dazaiuu

[Y/N]'s POV

"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears." Edgar read.

I opened my eyes only to be met with a blue book a mere 5inches away from my face. My head was rested on Edgar's lap as he sat against a tree. It was a really warm day and he invited me to go out. We both wanted to do something that required no effort and we choose this. Edgar reading to me.

I caressed Karl, who laid comfortably on my stomach. I felt so calm. The hues around us were warm alongside the small breeze. The sun was just starting to set, and the man I loved was reading to me. It was a perfect day.

Once he finished reading a chapter, he closed the book and looked down at me.

"What'd you think?"

I snapped out of the mini daze I was in and looked at him.

"Uh.. I think.." I paused, trying really hard to remember what he said. "To be honest dear, I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying. Rather, I was more focused on your voice." I admitted, looking away.

He laughed and placed his hand on my cheek, very gently caressing it. I felt my heart race quickly at the warm contact.

"How are you feeling? You look very relaxed." Edgar asked.

"I'm feeling amazing. So comfortable and calm that I could.. almost.. fall asleep." I mumbled, closing my eyes.

I stopped running my hands through Karl's fur. My breathing decreased even more as I felt myself slowly dozing off.

"Karl, the pineapple!" Poe whispered.

Ignoring the weird command, I felt Karl move himself from underneath my arm and run away to who knows where. Edgar stayed quiet as I became more and more fatigue.

Before I could fully fall asleep, I felt Karl hop onto my stomach and jolt me awake.

"For you, my love."

I opened my eyes slowly and turned my head to be faced with a red carnation. I slowly became more aware as I felt myself heat up of jelly like emotions forming inside me.

"It's so beautiful." I smiled, delicately touching the soft petals.

"Like you."

I laughed as I covered my mouth.

"You're so cheesy." I chuckled as I sat up.

I moved myself next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"And I love it. Thank you."

Edgar read another chapter to me. I hugged his arm and cuddled it as sun became less and less apparent in the sky. Eventually it became too dark for Edgar to continue reading properly so we decided to go.

"I appreciate you inviting me out today. It was amazing. I hope we do this again. I promise next time I'll pay attention!" I laughed shyly.

Edgar sighed and shook his head.

"You said that last time andddd the time before that and even the-"

I hugged him and whined.

"I'm sorry! I really love your voice and I can't help but get distracted!"

Edgar laughed heavily and returned the hug.

"It's okay. I understand."

We held each other for a few moments before letting go.

"Until next time! I'll see you soon, love." Edgar waved.

"Au revoir!" I smiled before parting ways.

What a man.

———

"Ranpo.. I can't- just listen to it!" I laughed, motioning towards the ducks.

I was laughing so hard that I thought my stomach was gonna explode. I was looking at a duck drinking water and the sound it made doing it was hilarious to me for some reason.

Ranpo briefly stares at the duck drinking water. I could feel him staring back at me, confused yet amused at my sense of humor. Once the duck seemed satisfied, it stopped drinking and I slowly stopped laughing.

I looked over at Ranpo. He was smiling widely at my fit of laughter.

"My humor is boring, I'm sorry. I don't know-" before I could finish I began laughing again once I heard another duck drinking water.

Ranpo laughed softly and I walked away from where we were to stop laughing. I sat over at a bench and pressed my hands against my cheeks. They were hurting mildly from smiling too much.

We were currently at a lake, feeding and watching birds. Ranpo was calm and collected where as I was making myself look like a fool. It was isolated, resulting in a lack of visitors.

"You're an interesting woman, [Y/N]." Ranpo mumbled.

After fully calming myself down, we went and walked around the lake. We paused every now and then so Ranpo could throw food at ducks.

As we walked, we stumbled across a pile of flowers on the ground. They were clearly picked and throw there for aesthetic purposes. I gasped at the beautiful yet sad sight and admired them. My mind became filled with nostalgia as I remembered the first time I met Ranpo.

It was a long while back. Ranpo and I had met at an investigation competition. Actually, Ranpo and Edgar had gone head to head in the competition as well. Since Edgar left right after the defeat, I hadn't met him until later.

I was in a different league and had one first place, just like Ranpo did. I guess he had been watching mine because after wards, he challenged me into our own competition.

It was very surprising, but I ended up beating him.

I do have to admit though, my ability gave me the upper hand.

My ability was called 'Man's Infinite Hand.' The first part, that being that solving part, allowed me to figure out any issue with even the most littlest of evidence or information possible. My ability used knowledge/memories that others, who have even the least relevance to the case, have to help solve it. Even if it's an old case from 3,000 years back, I could still scroll through people's memories even if they were dead. Only if they had to do with the case though.

The other part of my ability also helped me create unsolved mysteries so advanced that it was almost impossible to solve. I was able to trap readers in a book filled with my mysteries and have them figure it out if I wanted to have some sadistic fun. This was also another thing Ranpo challenged me at a few months later. The ability to create the most complex case.

I ended up winning. Again.

So, when we were given the investigation, it took me a second to figure it out. Ranpo was honestly really shocked and kept asking me if I had pulled strings or something.

After telling him no countless of times, he gave in and accepted the fact I won. Even though he was sort of upset, he became a very close friend that day.

I gazed at the floor of flowers, more specifically the lavender rose that was sticking out further than the rest. What reminded me of this memory was a single lavender rose he gave to me that first day we met. He didn't say much, sort of letting the rose speak for itself. After that, he had never given me another flower.

"Jeez, people's change of mind is ridiculous when trying to pick 'the right flower.'" Ranpo sighed.

Ranpo walked over and picked up a red tulip in the bouquet and walked back to me. Gently, he extended it towards me and smiled. I took the flower from his hand.

"Though they may look different- ugly or pretty; the meaning of flowers never change." He briefly said before walking past me.

I felt overjoyed at the small action and followed Ranpo. I laced my arm with his as we continued walking and reminiscing about old memories.

Even though Ranpo wasn't really affectionate, the small things he said or did was his way of showing it. He stayed silent as we found our way towards the entrance. 

"Ranpo, thank you for today. It was quite an interesting and nostalgic one." I smiled as I stared at the flower. "I hope you rest well and call me when you get home so I know you're safe. Alright?"

Ranpo shook his head and crossed his arms.

"How many times do I have to tell you [Y/N], stop stealing my line! I am perfectly capable of handling myself!" He huffed.

"You can't even take the subway by yourself." I laughed.

"Whatever."

Ranpo sighed and looked at me with annoyance. I quickly changed his mood as soon as I engulfed him in a hug. I few moments passed by before he uncrossed his arms, giving in to my affection.

"But I'll call you..." He mumbled softly. 

Ranpo returned the hug and a feeling a bliss lingered around. I took in his warmth and felt the love radiating off of him.

"Okay, I'll see you soon! Be safe!" I said, letting go of him.

"Don't patronize me." He complained, walking away from me.

"I love you too! Bye!" I smiled.

As I walked away, I heard him mumble something, but let it go.

-
ok ok so this is only the FIRST chapter still got another but i had to post bc it's been five days and I've had writers block and just oof.

I'm really sorry if this feels rushed :((
I hope i can post the other one soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 86 10
[SLOW UPDATES BECAUSE OF SCHOOL AND LIFE] ┏ ❝ The day of death has come to call for me... A stab to the back in the shadow of the dark. No hum...
21.8K 638 24
Sometimes, it's better if things just stay forgotten.. - (I do not own Bungo Stray Dogs, nor is this part of the show) THERE WILL BE BIG DEAD APPLE S...
387K 15.8K 34
[First Book] Atsushi and Shiori are abandoned orphans who are living on the streets. They've gone a week without food and are about to die as a resul...
83.1K 2K 14
[!Completed!] You, (Y/n) were just living your life inside your little cozy room when people interrupted the peace. You got dragged to who knows wher...