Orbiting The Moon [Snowbarry]

By localtrainstation

Let me tell you the story about how the sun loved the moon so much she died every night to let him breathe. More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
Explanation
Thank You
Thank You 2.0
Thank You 3.0
another thank youu

Epilogue

1.6K 37 88
By localtrainstation

"I'm paralyzed, where are my feelings? I no longer feel things I know I should. I'm paralyzed, where is the real me? I'm lost and it kills me, inside I'm paralyzed."

1 year later.

I walk down the streets of New York feeling sad, as usual. I completely disconnected myself from Central City and became a ghost. I changed my number, and left everything behind. I often think about Barry and I cry, but I don't feel anything. I've gotten so used to the pain I don't remember what it's like to feel.

I found myself a job but I stopped having the will to get out of bed awhile ago, so I haven't gone. Today is a special day, so I got out of bed. I didn't make new friends or anything because having friends and having feelings is what got me into this in the first place.

I wipe tears off my face despite the fact that they're just going to come back.

"Excuse me ma'am, are you okay?" Someone asks touching my shoulder.

***

"Hey Cait, are you okay."

***

"I'm fine," I say.

"You just look like your in a really dark place."

***

"Sad, lonely, miserable Caitlin."

***

"I'm not a stranger to the dark," I whisper before walking away.

I walk down the street salt water burning my eyes and my skin. People look at me strangely but I don't care, I've lost the ability to care. It'll all be over soon.

Here's a funny concept: the people who once cared too much, now don't care at all.

I take out three small pieces of paper. One is my picture of Barry and I, one is the piece of paper I always read, and the last one is a note. I stop walking as I reach my destination. There's a street performer playing music.

"So open your eyes and see, the way our horizons meet. And all of the lights will lead, into the night with me. And I know these scars will bleed, but both of our hearts believe; all of these stars will guide us home." He sings, he catches me staring at him. He frowns, I then realize I'm still crying. He signals me over, slowly I walk over to him.

"Hello," he says, I wave slowly. "Are you alright?" I nod. "But your crying."

"It's just that song, it's Ed Sheeran," I say

"Yeah,"

"My boyfriend loves Ed Sheeran." I say. "I'm actually going to see him soon." I say.

"Oh, what was your boyfriends favourite song?" He asks.

"Tenerife sea."

"What's your name?" He asks.

"Caitlin," I say, he nods and starts playing the song. "Should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me; 'cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need." I feel water hit my hand, I'm still crying.

"Thank you," I say when he finishes the song. "I have to go see my boyfriend, it's been awhile since I've seen him." He nods, I walk away. I put everything except my note away.

"I'm coming home," I whisper, "tell the world I'm coming home." I begin to cross the street.

"Hey get out of the street!" I hear someone yell, I don't listen to them. I see a car coming, I hold onto my note and then everything goes black.

My note read thank you.

A/n: I might do an explanation chapter if you guys want.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 411 14
Two young lovers are torn apart and only time will tell whether they'll be reunited.
56.3K 2.2K 63
There's things I wanna say to you, but i'll just let you live. Like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did. ♡ Sh...
25K 693 18
Just two people who meet at a club and fall madly in love!
12.5K 278 18
--月の後 | 𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 !! You admired the sun and he admired the moon. Even though five decades have passed since you two ceased t...