Blood Line (Urban)

By LexTheAuthor

"This was suppose to be easy, nobody was suppose to get hurt". Twenty year old Ivory Santana was what most... More

Prologue
Chapter One- Coming Together
Chapter Two- I'm not all bad
Chapter Three- Earning Trust
Chapter Four- Druggy
Chapter Five- Silas
Chapter Six- Club Mayhem
Chapter Seven- the untold
Chapter Eight- The evoltuion of Jade and Ivory
Chapter Nine- The "Problem"
Chapter 9 is a private chapter
Chapter Ten- Moving on to bigger and better things.
Chapter Eleven- One Year Later
Chapter Twelve- Wake up call
Chapter Thirteen- There's a first time for everything
Chapter Fourteen- The offering
Update!!
Chapter Fifteen- The start of War
Chapter Sixteen- Big moves
Chapter Seventeen- Snitches and Truth
Chapter Eighteen- Oops
Chapter Nineteen- Gone
Chapter Twenty- The News
Chapter Twenty One- Song for mama
Chapter Twenty Three- ShotGun
Chapter Twenty Four- Get Away
Chapter Twenty Five- The Storm
Chapter Twenty Six- Reaching An Understanding
Chapter Twenty Seven- Drunken Words
Chapter Twenty Eight- Alijah Corinne Scott
Chapter Twenty Nine- Forgiveness and Addiction
Chapter Thirty- Baby Mama Drama
Chapter Thirty One- Ivory Vs. Reina
Chapter Thirty Two- Taken
Chapter Thirty Three- The waiting game
Chapter Thirty Four- Cheers to Us
Chapter Thirty Five- Kiss Goodbye Part 1
Chapter Thirty Six- Kiss Goodbye Part 2
Second Book.
Book Two is posted

Chapter Twenty Two- Movies and Healing

185K 6.8K 11.2K
By LexTheAuthor

IVORY'S POINT OF VIEW

The rehab facility said Jade and Ohaji's mother had overdosed in her room on a bunch of different prescription drugs she'd snuck in. Her death was still fresh on everyone's mind so I tried to be there for Jade as much as possible.

"Are you hungry? I'm making spaghetti" I tell Jade as he walked into the kitchen shirtless with gym shorts and socks with slides on his feet.

"Nah I'm about to go outside and smoke something" he said with his voice sounding groggy as he walked passed me and went onto the back porch. I sighed and continued stirring the noodles growing angry.

I had to practically force his ass to eat something or he wouldn't he'd just lie and say he wasn't hungry and sleep his life away.

I went ahead and fixed his plate putting only a little bit of food on his plate and placing it on the counter adding garlic break. I fixed myself a plate and carried them both out to the back sitting it in front of him at the table out back and he squinted at me from the sun being in his eyes.

"I told you I wasn't hungry, I promise if I was I'd eat" he tells me and I stare at him until he smacked his teeth and picked up the fork eating some of the food.

I hadn't had the chance to even talk to Ohaji, he'd sent a text to Silas asking us to watch Calvin for a little bit while he cleared his mind alone. I didn't want to talk to Jade about funeral arrangement but it had to be done.

Jade ate silently and I watched him eat like he hadn't eaten in days causing me to roll my eyes. So much for him not being hungry.

Jades phone began ringing and he picked it up and looked at it before hitting ignore and going back to eating. I knew it was probably Rico or Don trying to check up on him but he didn't feel like talking or saying anything to anyone.

When Jade finished eating he sat his fork down and he began staring at me. I stared back and blew a kiss and he began laughing.

"Give me a kiss right now" he said leaning over the table and I shook my head and got up from the table grabbing his plate and my own and walks inside to put it in the sink and of course he got up and followed me.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist tightly and he began kissing on my neck until I turned around and pecked his lips.

"Let's go to the store and get some snacks and order a movie tonight" Jade said smirking and I chuckled and agreed. I loved having him home now, even thought this past week had been hard for him we'd been doing things that make him happy.

After forcing Silas to come with us we pulled up to a huge shopping center and got out the car, Silas got distracted by the toy machine in the front and stayed there putting his money in the machine and playing the game.

Jade leaned on the buggy and pushed it as I looked at stuff. Every now and then he'd put something in the cart or I'd catch some woman checking him out and I'd mentally roll my eyes.

"Damn ma you got a fat ass, let me get them digits" I heard Jade say from behind me and was about to turn around and smack his ass until I found out he was talking about me. I playfully pushed him and he let go of the cart and walked up to me bumping me.

"Seriously stop you play to much with your ugly ass" I said trying to hold back my smile and he grinned at me.

"Why you having my baby then if I'm so ugly?" He asked and I rolled my eyes and continued walking. I heard him chuckle and follow behind me and kept hitting my butt with the cart.

I ended up losing Jade when I accidentally walked into the baby aisle. We came here to get snacks and I ended up looking at the price of baby food and formula.

I checked the game aisle but didn't see him, instead I saw Silas picking out a few video games and getting ready to buy them.

"Mr. Jade your cheating" I hear from the toy aisle with a bunch of action figures and stuff. I quickly walked over and saw Jade sitting on the ground with his legs crossed playing connect four with some little hispanic boy as his mom stood off to the side and laughed.

"Baby meet my new friend Kevin and his moms, they dope as fuck" Jade said giving Kevin a high five and I mentally rolled my eyes, why does he have to be so immature.

I watched them play for a little while longer and when they finished they put the stuff away and Jade handed the boy two hundred dollars and told him to get whatever he wanted from the aisle.

I thought we'd leave the aisle but no Jade wanted to continue to play. His tall ass was sitting on this small bike making a few teenage girls passing by giggle and smile.

"Why are you so childish?" I asked and he blew me a kiss and tried to pull me down on his lap but I wouldn't let him.

"I'm about to be a daddy in a few months and with my moms dying and us not being on the best of terms I come to realize I don't want that to be me and my future son or daughter, so I'm about to be the best dad in the world and they'll love my ass, this is practice" Jade said picking up the bear and cradling it like a baby as I smiled.

He stepped closer to me still holding the bear and bent down kissing my lips before smiling and sitting the bear down like it was before he placed his hand over my small baby bump be

And taking pushing the shopping cart.

I caught Jade looking at this girls ass and punched him in the chest catching him off guard. He looked at me quickly shocked and rubbed his chest.

"Damn baby I'm sorry but what I tell you about hitting on me in front of all these people, I can't take this abuse anymore" Jade said being overly dramatic as he let go of the cart and laid on the cold tile ground.

People stopped and looked and I frowned feeling my face heating up. He was being so freaking embarrassing this is why I can't take him anywhere.

"Jade get up right now" I said firmly and he closed his eyes causing me to sigh and lean on the cart.

"If I get up will you do that thing you said you'd never do?" He asked with his eyes closed and I stared at him in disbelief this grimy motherfucker.

"I'm not putting my mouth anywhere near that thing" I said lowly so nobody could hear and he started shaking violently on the ground and a few people rushed over.

"Why aren't you doing anything!" This white lady shouted at me pushing me out of the way and my mouth grew wide, He better play dead because I'm about to kill his ass just wait.

"Fine! I'll do it" I said and he stopped and looked at me opening one eye only and I rolled my eyes as a small smirk appeared on his face.

"You gotta look me in the eye while your doing it and say it's big" he said and I looked around making sure nobody knew what we were talking about.

"No I'm not doing that cause it's not even that big" I said folding my arms and he fake fainted and everybody was still trying to help him up. He just spoke to me obviously he's fine like damn don't be stupid. I was about to strangle him when I saw his ass drooling and had to take a deep breath.

"Fine! I'll do it just get off of the ground acting like your crazy" I said and he jumped up with a huge grin on his face rubbing the slob off his mouth with his shirt.

He better hope I don't accidentally bit his dick off IF I do it, I might suddenly feel tired when we get home.

OHAJI POINT OF VIEW

"Your stupid ass is going to drop him" Jasmine said punching my arm as I was playing around with Calvin making him laugh.

"Don't be cussing around my fucking son JASMINE" I said getting loud with her and Calvin began giggling as I leaned him against me and kissed his cheek.

"You just cursed you idiot" she shot back pulling him from my arms and he went gladly. I ended up making her quit the job at the trap so she could watch my son for me when I work cause Asia got to much shit going on with her hormonal ass.

"I'm his daddy so I can do what I want" I told her and she shook her head and stood up holding him and walked into the kitchen to get him a bottle as I relaxed back on my couch and thought about calling Jade or not.

I clicked on his contact and looked at his numbed for a second before sighing and pressing call. I put it to my ear and listened to it ring for awhile and he picked up on the last ring making me feel some type of way.

"Hello?" He said into the phone. I could tell he'd been laughing or some shit and I could hear Silas in the background.

"You free to come over right now?" I asked and he cleared his throat and I heard a loud thud on his end of the phone and he bust out laughing.

"That's what your short ass get playing around in them people carts Silas- what did you say bruh?" Jade asked and I closed my eyes for a second.

"Nothing, I gotta go forget I called" I said hanging up as I tossed my phone on the table. It was a stupid reason to call I'm a grown ass man I can handle this shit by myself.

I heard someone clear there throat and I turned around to Jasmine who had a worried look on her face. She handed me Calvin and took a seat next to me on the couch.

"I think I know whats bugging you O and I think you do too" she stated and I rolled my eyes and went back to playing with my son but she stopped me and looked at me seriously.

"Your so use to having Jade around and having him need you all the time, growing up you were both always there for each other and your starting to feel like he's creating a family and you aren't apart of it. It's okay to feel a little jealous O but you have to understand that he's your brother and he loves you no matter what but he has a baby on the way and he'll most likely end up marrying Ivory if he doesn't mess it up. You have Cal and me" she said looking down and I squinted my eyes at her.

"The fuck you mean by that last part?" I asked licking my lips and scooting closer to her with Calvin on my lap as he giggled at nothing at all.

"Don't even try it, but don't ignore what I said because you know it's true and you need to admit it" she said and I shrugged her off.

"That don't make any sense so get out of here with all that bull shit like foreal" I said getting angrier because I could tell she was about to strike a nerve and I'd loose it and want to kill her ass.

"Listen alright I know you have trust issues because I do too, everyone you've ever been close to you feel like leaves you and your brother was the closest to you and now that he's at a different stage in his life you feel abandoned and when that happened you shut down and you get violent and careless but I've seen the real you O, whenever your with Calvin your sweet and nurturing and you show him genuine love because you felt like nobody ever loved you and you don't want him to feel like that but your wrong lists of people loved you even your mom" Jasmine said and unknowingly I let a tear drop and she wiped it.

"You don't know me or shit about my childhood so stop talking" I said feeling my face heat up letting me know my blood was boiling.

"If I wasn't right you'd be able to laugh it off but instead your becoming emotional and I'm sorry but I can't help you only you can help yourself and if you don't want to do that your going to push your hatred onto your son who'll eventually grow up and move on to another part of his life and won't need you as much and that's exactly what happened to Jade, he's not that same little kid always needing protection" she said rubbing my shoulder and laying a kiss on my cheek.

I quickly gave her Calvin and wiped my tears with the back of my hand before going into the bathroom to put cold water on my face. I didn't want her to be right but she was, everything she said was true and what I needed to hear.

I sent Jade a text message letting him know we need to meet up tomorrow alone for a talk. I needed to heal my heart on some real shit.

I remained in the bathroom for awhile and lit a blunt opening the window and smoking a quick one before taking a shower to wash off the conversation I'd just had.

JADE'S POINT OF VIEW

We got settled in the bedroom upstairs and Silas laid across the foot of the bed while Ivory and me cuddled at the top. We'd put in Son of God and was waiting for the press play option to come up.

"Were the remote at so I can skip this shit" Silas complained sitting up in bed and looking for the remote.

"Ivory lost it somewhere down stairs so we gotta wait" I said and he smacked his teeth as Ivory frowned. This is why I hate buying blue ray instead of ordering stuff on the TV, it be taking up too much time.

When the movie finally started I reached over and grabbed a snickers bar and as I was trying to open the wrapped quietly it made a loud tear noise and they both glared at me and Silas through a pillow at me.

"Damn fat ass we just ate pizza and the movie been on for a couple of seconds do you have to eat?" Silas complained and I jumped at him.

"I'm trying to watch the movie so shut up" Ivory snapped at the both of us and I smacked my teeth loudly causing Silas to turn his head and glare at me.

"I missed the beginning thanks a lot Jade with your Ol feed the children ass" Silas said shaking his head and Ivory kicked him.

Silas paused the movie and ran out of the room and I took a deep breath. See this is why I can't be watching movies with people I gotta watch them alone cause this be pissing me off.

He came back with a power ranger pillow and he was wrapped up in a big Spider-Man blanket and as we got settled again we started watching the movie without any distractions.

"Baby can you pass me the Doritos I'm hungry" Ivory said and I passed them to her as my eyes stayed on the television.

After a few moments I heard loud crunching and a bag making loud noise and Silas and I both turned our heads and looked at her and she was all in the bag not even paying attention at al.

"What? Am I being loud or something?" She asked and I face palmed and thought about pushing her out the bed but I couldn't cause she carrying my unborn, even though I wanna harm her right now I can't hurt the baby.

"You wanna stop eating so much? You already gained like ten pounds instead of working your mouth muscles do us both a favor and stop eating all them damn snacks and watch the fucking movie precious ass lil girl" Silas snapped and Ivory's lip started trembling.

I struggled to contain my laughter cause of how frustrated he was and how emotional she was being.

"So you think I'm fat too right? Excuse me while I go stick my finger down my throat" Ivory said in tears as she climbed out of bed. She walked in the bathroom and I heard the toilet seat lift so I jumped up and punched Silas in the back of the head and paused the movie going to check on her.

When I went into the bathroom her ass was peeing and still eating some Doritos. I couldn't help but laugh hard as hell when she looked over at me with a sad facial expression.

Once everything was settled again and I gave Ivory a Twinkie because it doesn't make any sound we started watching the movie again. It was all going good until someone started knocking on the door down stairs.

"BRUHHHH IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD TO WATCH A MOVIE IN PEACE" I yelled about to reach my breaking point.

"Baby I invited Rico, Asia and baby Eli over is that okay?" She asked and I stared at her for awhile picturing how I could get away with murder.

"I don't know why your fat ass invited them over they just gonna eat all the food and you won't be able to stuff your face,you got a crumb in yo chin" Silas said glaring at her and she kicked him out of the bed.

"Stop being mean to me I thought you loved me" Ivory frowned as I went downstairs and opened the door for them. They had food in they hands and I directed them upstairs into the bedroom. Everybody is helping clean my room up after this movie too I don't even wanna hear Ivory pregnant ass talking about she tired.

I better get this best head of my life tonight I'm talking about she better be chocking and about to throw up and I'm not playing.

When I got upstairs Silas was hugging her and apologizing and I shook my head and got back into my spot while Rico and his baby mama got a blanket from the closet and got on the ground with they baby.

Eli started crying, Rico kept asking what he missed so far and Asia and Ivory kept talking about shit that had nothin to do with the movie.

I looked at Silas and we both left out of the room and went downstairs to watch something on Netflix. This was the worst movie night of my life and I'm about to be salty towards everyone for awhile.

AUTHORS NOTE-

This was kind of a fun chapter to lighten the mood from the previous chapter. But be sure to drop a comment because I only got a couple last time. Things are going to start getting really bad..just a heads up lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 84 17
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Jade is one bad woman running the game, key word being woman. Picking up right where her father left off, she handles the g...
Blood Family By Lex

General Fiction

6.4M 139K 46
"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a family filled with drugs and murder it's onl...
6.2K 203 31
From the early years of her life she has been protected by her family until she thought it was finally time to take care of herself. As a toddler she...
1.8K 128 12
Tarai Brown's life was filled with nothing but misery, pain and abuse after the accidental death of her mother. She's trapped in a place in life that...