The King's Mate - Reconstruct...

By gracerose767

{Mature Content} RECONSTRUCTION AND EDITING TAKING PLACE. SLOW PROGRESS. Broken. Shattered. Traumatized. Thre... More

Cast and A/N
'Kill this Love' Preview
'A Touch of Sin' Preview
Dedications
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Five

162K 3.2K 1.2K
By gracerose767

Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Don't be afraid to comment and let me know how you feel about Elena's character so far.

IMPORTANT -

for those who have read before and read the last chapter before I updated it, Jacob is now named Cassian. Deal with it, thanks. He is still the same goofy character, just under a different name. This is because I now know a Jacob, and I would appreciate my characters to be different, if that makes sense.

If there is anywhere before this chapter where it says JACOB please let me know and I will change that asap!

You were there for me when I was falling apart

and I let you down and left a mark on your heart

I'll never let go again

You've got healing hands

Chapter Five - Sorry is Just a Word

Blake's POV

I watched as my little mate flew past me like a breath of air, her appealing scent wafting towards me as she sprinted with twice the amount of energy I believe my little mate had. My mouth was agape at the sight as I stood there, un-moving with sheer surprise.

As soon as Elena moved past me and ran I was concerned, myself only hearing a small part of what Ember had said to my little mate. What I had heard however, made me want to shred the life out of the girl in front of me. She did not deserve to be in my little Luna's presence, especially with an attitude like that. I knew what the strawberry blonde haired girl said was bad for everything that did come out of her mouth, was bad.

I turned to Ember, my face devoid of emotion as I stay deadly silent. My chest rumbles with a growl as the sultry look in her eyes is made present, her lips pouting seductively, however the action did nothing but repel me. I had a mate, and all seduction efforts would either come from her, or me towards her.

Nothing else, or nobody else.

My little mate already made it hard to keep my wolf contained, her scent and innocent aura almost too tempting for her own good. Whereas the girl in front of me did none of the above, no temptation whatsoever. In fact, it only aggravated me for how dare she hurt my mate like that. She only smiled at me in return, my growl doing nothing to silence her efforts like it normally would have.

I ignore her as she advances towards me in a slow walk, instead I turn and run after my mate. She takes a turn to the right, down the hallway towards where the library is. The thought of her in the library instead of outdoors made me smile, as it was something I would do too. Although, I did not mind either the outdoors or books.

I was so close to her, my legs pushing me harder and harder til I was almost two metres behind her and ready to pounce on my little mate. I was close; until she scurried inside the library doors and managed to find the lock, flipping it just as I ran into the door. I let out a frustrated growl as I slammed into the door, huffing in annoyance as I pounded my fist against the door to try and get Elena to come out.

Deep down, I knew that doing such was not going to tempt her out of the room but instead keep her inside out of pure fear. It did not stop me from trying though.

"Blake -" I turn to Ember, a snarl on my lips as I growl at Ember.

"Get the fuck out my house before I feed you to the Rogues for lunch." I grumble under my breath before turning away from her and looking sorrowfully at the door, trying to think of a way to get into the library to talk to my mate.

"That is not very nice." She says as she approaches. I take a deep breath, turning to her as I close my eyes in an emotional pain at Ember's voice.

"I don't give a fuck if it is nice or not, this id your fucking final warning. If you do not leave, I will put you in the cells for a very long time." I say to her, my voice hard and eyes cold as I all but scream at her.

"For what? Telling that Bitch to back of what is mine?" She says, myself making fists with my hands to keep myself from punching her, something that would not look so good in front of the pack.

"Bring the Elite here now. Along with you, Cassian." I order my Beta mentally, knowing he is well awake and on duty. Of course Ember does not know what I just did, nor who are coming to retrieve her. The Elite team. World know for their involvement in a lot of covert missions and pack dealings. They originated from my pack, under my rule and they faithfully served me. They were my most trusted pack members who had lethal training. In human terms, these men and women were the Special Forces, Swat and Military Special Operations all in one, but times ten. With their supernatural abilities, a mix of different supernatural species, they were the ultimate weapon, especially in war.

I knew they were training today, and were what they would call 'bored', hence why I was bringing them out here. It was mainly to scare Ember into cooperation with my upcoming demands but also so they could have a little fun with there training.

To be fair, I was being extreme but at the same time, I had the power her and I was beyond pissed.

"Now listen up. If you ever, ever speak to my mate in such a way again, your punishment will be death. If you ever come near this house, your punishment will be death. If you ever look at my mate in such a way, the punishment is death. I am fucking sick of your games, and will not tolerate it again. Do you fucking understand?" I ground out to her between my teeth, my inner self seething at her. She was pushing it, and I had to restrain myself before I tore her limbs away from her body in a well deserved blood bath.

She did not answer as the smile dropped of her face and she stared at me blankly. I roll my eyes at her pathetic behavior. I watch in amusement as behind her three of the elite arrive, the others somewhere else it seems. I watch as the one in the middle, Aella, saunters forward with a wicked smile on her face as the other two men, Axel and Ryder, stay behind her and watch with amusement in their eyes.

Aella was the person in charge of her squad. She was the perfect leader for such missions and was precise, something I admired about her. She never left anyone from her team behind, no matter what, another thing I admired about the whole squad if I was honest. I was surprised they still were under my ruling and chose to follow my decision's but perhaps that was because I trained them. Allegedly I was the only one who could bring them down but I doubt that even myself. Maybe one on one, but not the whole team, and even if I could, there would be no point in doing so. They were a family together, and I had no need to tear that apart.

"Do you fucking understand?" I repeat once more, smiling towards Aella, this the final time I will ask.

She looked up, fear evident in her eyes. She nodded her head and swallowed. She turns around without giving me an answer, making my glare harden at her back. However, when she comes face to face with Aella, who was roughly the same height as her, although Ember did have heels on, she turns and faces me once more. This time, her face was ashen and eyes wide.

"Yes Alpha King." I could smell her fear as she said these words and I smirk to myself.

"Take her away, do as you please." I nod towards Aella, although at the malicious glint in Aella's eyes, I add; "Within the limits please." I shake my head and walk past the pair as Aella grabs onto Ember and drags her away with Axel and Ryder laughing at something they said to one another. I walk towards Cassian's scent, following it into the foyer of my house.

A scowl replaces the smirk on my lips as I look upon my Beta's expression.

"So, mate, you 'lost' your mate." He adds quotation marks in the air for the word 'lost'.

His slight faked Australian slang and accent making this even worse for him when I get Elena back. He bursts out laughing a second later and doubles over wheezing making myself disregard him.

"She sounds just like you. This is funny, priceless in fact. Where is that camera when I need it?" He starts to chuckle again. I let off a growl at his disrespect. Elena was nothing like me. She was fluffy and shy. She was innocent and hurt.

I, however was not.

"This isn't funny. I did not lose her. I know exactly where she is, but she locked the door and now wont open it.

"Priceless, I love this chicken already. How tall is she?" He asks, totally forgetting that she is locked in a room by herself. Without me.

"Does that really matter now?" I ask, getting irritated very fast. I exhaled a large amount of air in an effort to calm myself, trying to exhale all off my frustration. Turning around, facing away from Cassian so I don't have to see his face, I come up with an idea.

Whilst I am doing a majority of the thinking between the both of us, with Cassian continuously poking at my shoulder and me trying to think straight as to how to get into the room without harming little one.

"What?" I yell at him, turning around with my eyes squinted in annoyance.

"She wouldn't want to see you. You should know this. You just did that to her, well kind of, but I really think she would run from you." He states rather boldly. I growl at him, the utter disrespect of his voice making it worse for him.

Why wouldn't she want to see me?

I am her mate.

She should always want me. Cassian just stares at me as if expecting me to understand.

"Are you saying she would rather see you than me?" I lash out at Cassian. He sighs and deadpans at me, his eyes blank before they roll.

"Blake. I would never steal your mate, but yes she would. It is probably better for her to see me rather than the person she is running from. Correct?" I thought over his words, deep down knowing my Beta is right however I did not want to admit it. To think my mate did not want me hurt a lot, albeit I would never admit such things.

"Correct." I mutter in defeat, slumping my shoulders in sadness. I had to trust he would not do anything to steal her from me. He was my closest friend and if I could not trust him, who could I trust? "You promise to tell me when you get her?" I question and he nods, slapping a hand on my shoulder in support.

Cassian is part Mage, having a mother who is a Mage and a father who was a Werewolf. It is unnatural mating, for two people of different species to be pronounced as soulmates but it does happen. However, what was even ore strange was the fact that Cassian was a hybrid of the two species. He could practice magic as a sorcerer, as a Mage, and shift into a wolf.

His violet eyes were a dead give away of his Mage abilities, but his height and build were dead give away's of his Werewolf abilities.

He places one hand out in front of him with his index finger point to the sky and his thumb sticking out. I watch as his eyes change to a lighter violet as he brings his other hand up to circle around the other whilst he mutters an ancient language under his breath. I watch as he steps forward within a matter of seconds, his hands glowing a bright golden as his form stepping into a barely visible portal that is outlined with the same golden glow, into what I am assuming is the Library as he introduces himself to my mate.

It took everything in my not to follow him through the portal but I knew he was right. Elena would not want to see me at the moment. Whatever Ember said to Elena must have been bad, although whatever Ember says is bad, and my mate is in a delicate situation. I will not tolerate any disrespect to her, ever. My Luna deserved the best, and only the best.

I cannot believe this happened or that I was not there in time. Elena is just so fragile and I should have been there. She had a past, and when she tells me who did this to her I will kill them. I had not been ignoring her, I was so caught up in the results of the trackers I sent out last night that I did not notice her wonder off until she was gone. I should have done something for her, I know, but I forgot that she had nothing to do for only a few seconds.

I felt awful that I forgot about my mate, but there was nothing I could do now that would fix this.

I sigh, rubbing my forehead in exhaustion as I walk up the steps towards my office, hoping to get some work done. I had pile upon piles of documents waiting for me. As I walked through the hard-wood doors and sat in my chair, all my thought were solely on my mate. I needed to get her out of my head for twenty minutes, before I went to check on her of course, so I could finish the folder of documents I was currently on. This folder was about warrior roles.

Within my pack, both men and women have roles warrior roles. Some of my best fighters were females; an excellent example being Aella. She was the top tier female fighter, leading one of the most lethal organisations in the supernatural world. I abolished the male dominant theme when I came into power, finding it excessive and misogynistic in the century we currently live in. My Grand-Father thought otherwise however, and he fought me excessively over the decision. It was safe to say he was not a problem anymore.

And I did not kill him; I sent him and my Grand-Mother on an holiday until he changed his views.

Wolves could choose to work for the Pack, or work separately amongst the humans. Some even started their own business within the Pack, helping contribute to our wealth. Every Pack Member new how to fight and could defend the Pack if necessary, which was necessary against attacks.

The pack was split into Four divisions, with a Gamma and Delta working as the Alpha and Beta would in each of the divisions the divisions. Therefore I had four Gamma's and four Delta's dealing with the divisions, however I also have one of each to work with the Beta and myself for the general pack work.

All problems go through them, however if necessary they go through me. This pack has one Royal Beta and one Royal Gamma, the Gamma's role being to protect the Luna at all costs as well as train the pack fighters, however the position has not been filled as of yet so that will potentially be Casian's role for the moment. I would most likely give it to my brother when he would step up to it, when he returned from training. Other than that, I had found no need for one.

A delta was also very useful and I did have one, her name being Avery. She was my cousin and also a loyal wolf. She had proven her worth a while back when she saved my sister from a rogue attack, to which Amelia was outnumbered. Her job was to revise all the pack work I was going through and basically assist in any way she can. She also was in 'charge' of overlooking the other four Gamma's and Delta's who were revising the four divisions.

Before I can finally finish revising, editing and revising the document my mind is back on my little mate, Elena. Hopefully Elena will come around, I have to make her like me. I have to.

Without her, my pack and probably my kingdom will fall. Ember shouldn't have been here especially after last time I sent her away. I didn't even sleep with her, let alone anyone. I stayed pure for my mate. My mother made sure of it, as well did my wolf. I also wanted that for myself, but my mother and wolf's insistent whining made the promise a lot more troublesome. I sigh and look over to the other pile of documents I have piling up, changing to topic from my pack to my business.

The company, to which I have a Vampire running, is one that is a fairly big deal. The company deals with other companies taxes and shares. We hold all information about our clients taxes with us checking and paying the government their taxes, getting tax refunds rather than deficits because we know the right cards to play when it comes to things like that. A lot of major companies come to my company in search for tax filing and all of the above simply because we were good at what we do. No other company has caught onto our way of doing things, simply because they don't know. It was quite amusing to be honest, with it only taking basic taxing knowledge and some sharp thinking for an individual to be receiving refunds rather than returns.

We also keep tabs on our clients shares, with us doing as the client wishes us to do with their shares. It was a gap in the Market at the time, therefore easy profitable money within months and a business empire that has then expanded to a range of things such as exportation of goods around America and the World as well as construction companies within years.

The whole pack aims to be involved within the Business, with some wolves aiming to go to law school and so on to benefit the company, however that was never mandatory. I just left it as an option if they wished to help out, which a lot of wolves and supernatural within my pack did .

I need a cover as to why I have so much money and a lot of land so the police and authorities don't come snooping around, digging into things the human world is not ready for. They never have realised we are supernatural, with us living in communities but they did think we were a cult. However they had no proof, therefore they cannot arrest us. Besides, the humans have enough enough political drama shows and nuclear threats as it is. Learning about the supernatural will ensure chaos.

Minutes tick by as my pen runs through document after document, however my mind wondering to my little mate who is still out there all alone.

I sigh and punch the bridge of my nose, needing relief from the impending headache.

Please come home.

Violent content ahead, read at your own risk between the '<>'.

Some time later.

I skim down the steps into the Pack dungeons, skipping one step at a time. A sadistic smile is welcomed onto my lips as I crack my neck to the side. It was time to serve Will some personal time, a time where he will self reflect on his actions against my mate.

How dare he touch a hair on her head.

Having decided to give up on pack work, I decided I could do some dirtier work instead. I also needed a distraction, a distraction that involved beating the shit out of someone for harming my little mate, who apparently refused to exit the library however did like Cassian's company.

I reach the last step within seconds, practically skipping over to the cell that Will occupies, anger bubbling at the thought my own mate didn't want to see me.

Silver lined the bars, the floor was built up with dirt and mud, especially in the corners. The walls cracking with water streaks streaming down them as mold grew in the joins between ceiling and wall. It smelt like blood, urine and mold, an all over ugly combination. I loved it down here nonetheless, this was the time I could release some pent up energy. The time I could deal out what I dealt best.

I approach a disfigured man sitting with his back against the wall facing the silver bars.

"Hello William." I said broadly as I stood in front of his deformed self. I chuckled at the sight, the young warrior a heap on the ground with mud and possibly other substances streaked on his body.

"Alpha." He acknowledges and I smile wickedly. So now he gives so respect. Interesting.

"You didn't seem to listen, nor care about titles and commands two days ago my dearest warrior. What has changed?" I hum, wanting an answer from the filth bag before my little mate returns to my arms. The endearment was for my amusement, nothing personal as he definitely was not my favourite, or dearest warrior.

"Nothing Alpha." I chuckled down at the poor soul, him very well knowing his answer was not the best for his case.

What a good answer for me.

What a bad day for him.

"Okay. We will do this the hard way." I smiled sickly down at him, wanting him to feel everything he did to my little wolf.

*<>*

I wanted him to feel every cut he marred into her fair and soft skin. I wanted him to feel every bruise and swayed moment he inflicted on her. I wanted to break his back like he intended to do to her. I was going to do to him what he did to her, except on a different scale. A much more vast scale.

Only the best for my little mate.

I turn on my heel, the silver tray lined with weapons and tools that I use on a regular bases, some even within my home. I had asked for these weapons specifically.

I smiled as I found the blunt knife I had also made sure to retrieve, it's jagged end going to make this so much more satisfying for me.

I pick it up by the hilt and inspect it, my hand whilst turning towards the awaiting victim. His eyes meet mine, his dull ones flashing with fear and worry and I smile sweetly at him.

"Oh we are going to have so much fun together William." I state twisting the knife in my hand before stepping into his cell.

I was an antagonist in so many eyes, for so many people but for my little mate I would be the protagonist.

"I hope you learn your lesson quickly, wouldn't want my mate to be kept waiting yes?" I smile softly as I think of her innocence. I was never to show her this side of me nor this room.

She was too pure for my own good and I loved it.

"Let this be your first and final warning William. If you ever, ever, touch my mate again, I will not only torture you, but have you begging for death long before it is due." I say as I dig the knife into the skin of his arm within a quick movement, appearing as if out of thin air.

Blood started trickling down as I drag the knife down into the flesh of his elbow joint, his scream was let out as if he were agonizing pain. I smile at his scream, it being like music to my hears. I leave the knife in and twist it in satisfaction, liking the numerous screams that elicited from his lips.

My mate did not scream when he did these things to her, and now he as the audacity to scream?

He was weak. This was one of the hundred marks he placed on my little mate, and she did not scream.

Pathetic was the sole word that roamed my mind as I continued to torment this utter pitiful male.

Elena's POV

I woke up with a start, my body springing up from my position on the floor. I swirl my neck to try and and relieve the stiffness of the muscles. I groan and push myself up off the floor, my arms aching under the pressure.

I smile as I look around, the bright room being illuminated by the windows that are directly in front of me.

Memories rushed back into my mind and my smile instantly dropped.

Elena, what she said was not true at all. Please have some faith in the mate bond.

Asche, my wolf, tries to consoles me but it does little to put faith into my head. I tried to believe, I really did, but it was all true what she had said.

I was not his mate, his actions after breakfast

Who would want a damaged girl?

"Well good afternoon Luna." I voice sounds from my right and I scream, jumping up to a standing position. I was freaked by the way he snuck into the room without me noticing, even in my slumber. I was also rather pale now due to the name he used.

"Luna, are you alright?" The male asks, myself finally noticing the male.

This man was leaner than Blake as well, but did have a musclel-y build. With high check bones and a defined jaw, the next thing I noticed was his eyes.

He had bright, very bright violet eyes and medium length black hair that feel onto his forehead messily, similar to Blake's in a way. The way his hair was black made his eyes a vivid contrast. You could not help but look immediately at his eyes.

I nodded, not really taking in the way his eye colour was different to every one I had meet before.

"You are wondering about my eye colour, yes?" He asks, smiling softly at me as he takes a seat from where he must have been sitting before.

I nod once more, deciding not to talk to him as of yet. He chuckles at my response but keeps eye contact regardless.

"I am a hybrid Luna. My mother is a Mage and my father was a Werewolf, Luna." He replies in a soft voice. I found Mage's quiet pleasant and very nice people, not that I had met many.

With his mother being a Mage, he must have teleported in here, which did make sense.

"I a-am sorry for your loss." I whisper in a low tone, knowing it was respectful to do so. I could understand his pain.

"Thank you Luna, most people do not pick up on those things." He says with sincere kindness.

"Can you please stop calling me Luna?" I ask him kindly, him the only male I was able to look in the eye without looking away. The way his eyes looked sparkly and diamond-y made them very pretty, being the sole reason I liked looking at them.

They were like gems.

"Of course, Elena isn't it?" He smiles at me again. I nod and look around the room, ignoring the way I can feel his gaze on my back.

"Blake is concerned, he sent me in here to get you to come out." I turn back to him, my fingers still on the spine of a book as I wonder down an aisle of book shelves.

"I-I'm sorry but I don't want to see him right now." say from behind a book in a whisper, honestly scared by the mans reaction. I here him get up, his footfalls echoing the wood and carpet beneath our feet before he appears a few metres away from me, leaning against the book shelf I was currently looking at.

"That is fine, my dear. We can read and have food in the mean time then, is that okay with you?" He asks, smiling wickedly, in a nice way, at me. I let out a small laugh and nod at him, looking back to my book in seconds.

"What is your name?" I ask in a small voice as he disappears from the bookshelf and into the open space once more. I watch in amusement, myself coming out from the aisle and towards the coffee table and love seats near the open fireplace.

He moves his hands in strange ways, with glass and cups, platters and plates filled with food flying around in the air before settling on the table. The whole act leaves me in awe, marveled at the sight. He turns to me in distraught at my question.

"Oh my! I am so sorry! My name is Cassian. I am Blake's beta and your loyal protector!" I giggle aloud as he makes a pumping figure with his biceps.

Ignoring him as he pranced around the room, I sat down in a love sat and crossed my legs as I opened a book that I had loved most dearly, although I had read it once.

So that is how my afternoon went. Myself ignoring Cassian pleading for me to talk to Blake but I denied every plea. Eventually Cassian gave up and read along with me, except he was reading what appeared to be documents.

I did not feel comfortable doing that, talking to Blake at the moment, and I did not want to face him at the moment, so the door remained locked.

I did not know who to trust or believe, so I did neither.

<><>

QOTC:

What is your most prized possession?

<>

Any improvements you want to point out? COMMENT HERE.

Any future predictions? COMMENT HERE

Any punctuations, grammar spelling and wording problems? COMMENT on the sentence and I will fix it as soon as possible.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow me for more! 

<>

Word Count: 5260

<><>

Hope you all enjoyed

xox

Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12M 574K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
1.7M 45.6K 27
What if I told you those fairytale creatures were real? That werewolves and vampires really do hate each other? You would say that I was crazy right...
180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...