My Protector (Camren)

stayharmonized4 által

Camila Cabello is an ordinary girl. She goes to school, has a loving family, some trustful friends, and has a... Több

Preview
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

14.7K 425 327
stayharmonized4 által

Camila's POV

After Lauren left all I was able to do was stare at my ceiling with my hands behind my head, and reminisce today's awesome events with a
smile on my face. To think that such a hectic day could end on such a positive note. I still can't wrap my finger over the idea that me, the extremely boring, wattpad loving nerd, is suppose to be in a relationship with a vampire. Not to mention that this vampire is the princess of the freaking vampire kingdom! I tried pinching myself to see if it was all a dream, but this is in fact my life now. What if my life is going to be like Bella from Twilight! That would be so cool right? Camila shut up that would never happen. Shesh way to ruin the mood conscience.

But there is one thing that has been squirming in the back of my mind. I've read a couple of vampire stories on wattpad and the mate always ends up getting "marked" by the vampire to show that they are in fact theirs. I'm not ready to get a tattoo yet, and that idea scares the crap out of me. Not the getting of the tattoo part but the biting of Lauren's sharp fangs is what does. I know I was already bitten by her but that was different; there she was healing me, and here she was claiming me. I took a deep breath to calm down my wild thoughts and changed into my pajamas, which just consisted of some shorts and an over sized T-shirt. I'll shower in the morning I was to lazy to do it now.

"Much better." I mumbled as I snuggled into my covers and grabbed my stuffed lion Lenny. There is no way I could sleep without him. Last but not least I grabbed my phone and opened up my favorite app, wattpad. Reading from here always helps me fall asleep, and sleep more peacefully. I spent two hours reading a story called 'After' and my eyes were burning like crazy. Good job wattpad. I quickly plugged in my phone to its charger, and closed my eyes. Right when I was about to enter my dream I heard her voice.

I'll see you in the morning gorgeous. Good night.

A huge grin invaded my face as I felt it get warm. I buried my face in my pillow to hide my blush even though I knew she wasn't with me. I'm going to have to get used to her sweet comments, and mind messages because there are a lot more to come. Ugh. This girl, no, this vampire girl, yeah, makes me feel so many different emotions. AND I JUST MEET HER. You know that feeling you get when your crush notices you for the first time? Well that's exactly how I feel. The only difference being that this isn't the first time she notices me. What if this is some voodoo vampire shit and-be quiet and message her back! Oh yeah! Wow your mind can really occupy you huh? I closed my eyes and sent her one last message before going to sleep.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow Lauren. Good night.

Lauren's POV

My heart was literally about to jump out of my chest right now. His eyes were dark red, meaning he was angry right now, and they always gave me the creeps because they were so intense. That's why he is the king right! I wiped the small grass strands off my clothes with my hands, and then ran them through my hair in as an attempt to calm me down. It was literally impossible to read his facial expression right now, so I just stood there waiting for him to do something. Harry was now next to me and I could feel his nervousness.

"What the heck do you guys think you are doing?" Our father asked. His tall, muscular body standing with authority. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Hey dad! I just went to meet up with Lauren here and . . . got a little to excited to bring her back I guess." Harry said.

Nice one bro.

Our father just shook his head with his arms crossed and gave his all to familiar smirk, signaling that he wasn't mad anymore. Thank god.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack Harry. I thought we were being attacked or something."

"Sorry dad." He said while scratching the back of his head. Silence filled us again as I waited for someone to say something. I was still shitting bricks not knowing if my father knew or not. Right when I was going to say something I felt my body being pulled into a pair of strong arms.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hi daddy." I wrapped my arms around his neck enjoying our embrace, missing it for the past weeks. After a few more seconds he broke the hug and kissed my forehead, while cupping my face lovingly. Our dad was such a soft ball to us, but that would change in a second once we did something we weren't suppose to do.

"How have you been doing?" Fucking great! I finally got the courage to talk to my mate, you know the one I'm not allowed to see yet, and I'm going to school with her. Is what I could've said but obviously didn't. Instead I said.

"I've been doing well. Life has been pretty great." That wasn't bad. It was the truth without being to specific right? "How about you?"

"That's great to hear sweetheart, and I've been the same. You know trying to run a kingdom full of crazy's." He answered earning a laugh from both Harry and me.

"Glad to know you're alright." With that we started heading back to the house, but turned around as we noticed Harry wasn't following.

"You not coming Edward?" Our father called called to to Harry using his middle name, which he hated. I saw Harry roll his eyes but he still didn't move as he crossed his arms.

"Not until I get a greeting like Lauren's." There he goes being the adorably needy little brother he is. In one swift movement my father took his arm away from from shoulders and bolted to Harry. The next thing I knew my dad had harry in a headlock giving him a welcoming noggie. I couldn't hold in my laughter as Harry escaped and started running away. Oh Harry watch you run into a tree again. Since I knew this was going to last a while I took a spot under a tree and sat down letting my mind wonder. I closed my eyes as the beautiful, angelic face of Camila filled my mind. A smile crept on my face at the thought of her being mine, and only mine. She is not yours yet. Oh conscience don't worry she will be. I can guarantee you that. Just the thought of her name sent my heart on a marathon. I kept thinking about the brown eyed beauty as I felt something land on my hand. I open one eye and examine the monarch butterfly that is hanging out on my finger. As I was about to lift my finger to examine when it flew up to my nose. Hehe . . . it tickles.

"Why hello there little butterfly. How you doing?"

It looked at me straight in the face, as if waiting for me to do something. Of course it didn't respond but I still waited patiently as if it was going to. After our starring contest the little creature flapped its wings and took off, leaving me to my thoughts again. I leaned my head back against the tree with my hands folded on my lap. My mind quickly focused back on Camila. The amount of joy that girl brings me isn't healthy, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I concentrate on Camila and her energy, so I can picture what she is doing. I PROMISE I'M NOT A CREEP. By her low energy I can tell she is about to go to sleep. But right before she does I send her a message.

I'll see you in the morning gorgeous. Good night.

A few minutes pass and I still don't get a response from her. It was when I saw Harry and my our dad come walking out the woods that I heard her sweet voice in my head.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow Lauren. Good night.

A massive smile grin invaded my face at the thought of seeing her tomorrow. OH CAMILA THE THINGS YOU DO TO ME!

"What's up with her?" I heard Harry say. Ignoring his comment, I got up and started walking to the house with my hands in my pocket.

LAUR DAD DOESN'T KNOW SHIT!! Damn Harry any louder and I'll have a migraine for days.

CALM DOWN! WHAT DOESN'T DAD KNOW ABOUT?

DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT ALREADY . . . YOU AND CAMILA YOU BUM! Holy shit what?!

HOW DO YOU KNOW?!

I ASKED HIM IF THERE ARE ANY NEW SOULS BEING SENT TO ANOTHER REALM AND HE SAID NO. I let out a breathe I didn't I was holding and felt my body relax. I'm safe. I'll still be with my Camz.

THANKS BRO! I see what you did there Haz.

ANYTIME LAUR.

With that I entered the house to be greeted by my mom. Oh how I missed her.

---------------------

The night was spent with a lot of laughter and witty comebacks from everyone, but mostly from me. No one in my family was wittier than me. To my surprise I actually enjoyed our time. Normally, I would be in a sour mood because something bad always seemed to happen. Last time I remember I was being chased by a pack of wolves across the whole forest. That was a bloody night. . .

After I said goodbye to my family, and thanked Harry once again for his clever investigation, I went back home. I was carelessly jumping through the trees, when I noticed the beautiful sunset coming up from the earth's surface. I couldn't help but stop and stare at the captivating sight; its vibrant colors making it all more astounding. There was only one person in this whole universe that was more beautiful than that sunset, or any other sunset, and that's the one and only Camila Cabello.

I sprung back to action when I realized that I was going to see her soon.

Camila's POV

BRRRIIINNNGGGGG! BBRRRRIIINNNNGGGG! BRIIIINNNG-

I threw my pillow at my alarm clock so it could freaking shut up. Have I told you I hate the sound of my alarm clock? Oh yeah I did. . . Haha. Well sound of bells crashing makes me want to punch a wall. I let out a deep breath then reached for my phone to check the time. 6:25AM. It should be illegal to wake up this early. I took one more deep breath and got out of my comfortable bed so I can get ready. After I got ready I went downstairs, where I was greeted by my family, but something seemed off. My dad wasn't there and my mom wasn't acting like her bubbly self in the morning.

"Mami. What's wrong?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen. She didn't answer. "Mom?"

"Yes honey?" She said with no emotion.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing honey. Why would you ask that?"

"Because you seem down. Where's dad?"

"Eat your breakfast honey or you're going to be late for school." She said, not answering my question. Something doesn't make sense here. I ignored my mom and went upstairs to see if my dad was still asleep. Then it hit me.

Sofi.

Where's my little sister? She is always out and about in the morning I don't know how I didn't notice earlier. I burst through her door and was met with an empty room.

"Sofi! Where are you sweaty?" I yelled. No response. I searched her room like a crazy person who lost their senses, and didn't find her. I ran back to my parent's room, and once again was greeted by empty shriveled sheets. "What the-". My eyes went wide as I felt a rough hand clamp over my mouth, and the other wrap around my waist. Tightly.

"You little son of a bitch." I froze. Nothing but utter (lmaoo) fear running through my body. "You're going to get it good. Just like your stupid fucking mate." He whispered in my ear. His voice laced with hate. This voice sounds familiar.

I tried to brake free but I was too weak to fight back. He just ended up squeezing me harder, making me wimp.

"Let Celeste know I'm going to get my revenge."

Zac. How did he get into my house?!

I started screaming, thrashing, and kicking again, I certainly don't want to be in the hands of a werewolf.

Lauren! Where are you?! I need you!

It was useless he was too strong. Now this guy is getting me mad. With as much strength as I had I pushed us back to the wall, so his back would collide with it. His grip didn't loosen one bit . . . fuck. Then in one swift movement he turned us around and slammed me against the wall, his front pressed to my back. I felt tears brim my eyes, and my body start to give up. As much as I tried to push him off this bastard didn't budge.

"Shut up! My family didn't get the benefit of the doubt when they screamed in pain, so neither will you." Zac growled. He squeezed my face even harder, causing the tears to fall freely from my face.

"Zac you motherfucker I'm going to kill you!"

Lauren . . . she's here . . . finally.

A second later I felt his hands let go of me, and I dropped to the floor. I took a deep breath to help calm down my sporadic heart beat.

"I told you I was going to get my revenge you dumb blood sucker." Zac growled. His claws shooting out of his fingers.

"Not before I kill you first." I turned around and saw Lauren standing by the window. She was in her full form, and she looked as angry as ever. Her eyes were bright red, and her fangs were out ready to kill. I crawled back to the wall, too overwhelmed and scared to do anything else. Oh god this is about to be World War III in my little sister's bedroom.

In a blink of an eye Lauren was straddling the werewolf, throwing punches left and right. Zac tried grabbing Lauren's hands, but he was to slow compared to to her fist. He let out a loud growl and pushed Lauren off him. He threw her so hard that her body hit the ceiling, then collapsed on the floor. Zac quickly got to his feet and whipped the blood off his mouth. He then walked over to Lauren's body, and slashed Lauren's back. Not once, but four times. I covered my mouth to muffle my screams. My Lauren was laying helpless on the floor, blood dripping from her leather jacket. I need to do something. I looked around the room searching for a possible weapon to use. My eyes landed on my guitar leaning on the closet. Right when I was about to run to it I heard a familiar voice in my head.

Camilia don't even think about it. I got this.

What?! She got this when a werewolf has her pinned to the ground! When I get my hands on her I swear I'm going to-

"Holy shit." A violent hiss came out of Lauren's mouth. Then all of a sudden she escaped Zac's grip, and kicked him square in the jaw, causing him to growl in pain. He tired punching her but she tackled him to the ground before he had the chance to throw it. Lauren grabbed his head and slammed it hard on the floor. Then she rolled backwards, taking Zac with her, and threw him across the room. In a split second she was by his side, picking him up by the neck and sinking her nails so deep into his flesh blood came out. She threw him to the floor and kick him straight in the guts. I even felt the blow.

"You never seem to learn your lesson do you?" Lauren said. "I'm disappointed. I thought you were smarter than this." She crossed her arms and stood next to him. "You thought you could just attack my mate and get away with it?" A deep chuckle came out her mouth, causing a cold to to run through my body. Zac just laid there clutching his stomach. "Well you just made the biggest mistake of your life!" She grabbed him by the neck, and ran straight to the wall, smashing his body on the concrete. Then she grabbed his head and collided it with her knee, and threw him back on the ground. Lauren was breathing deeply, and her hands were shaking. This side of Lauren definitely frightened me. Who knows what she is capable of. "Come on you bastard get up!"

Zac got up slowly and he too was breathing heavily, a little too heavily. They starred at each other for a couple of seconds, then something clicked. Zac charged at Lauren and elbowed her in the stomach, knocking the wind out of her. He then punched her back, where he had clawed her, causing her to scream in pain. She knelled on one knee, while clutching her bleeding wound. Zac then grabbed Lauren by her hair, punched her head, and kicked her stomach, knocking her down. He growled again. Then he picked Lauren up by her leather jacket, and threw her near the window. He nonchalantly walked towards her, and then threw her out the window.

"Lauren!" I screamed. Oh no this is just getting worst. As he had one foot on the frame he turned around to look at me. His dark blue eyes scanned my body while he shook his head. With one final growl he jumped out of the window, where hopefully Lauren wouldn't be laying helplessly.

My heart was going a thousand beats per minute, and my breathing was uncontrollable. That's when I noticed I was crying. So many things have happened in one morning that it was just too overwhelming for me. I leaned my back against the wall, ran both hands through my hair, and wiped the ongoing tears off my face. What the heck am I going to do now?

"Kaki?"

"Camila honey where are you?"

Sofi! Daddy! The sound of their voices lit up an energy in me I didn't know I had. I quickly got up and ran out the room. My dad had Sofi crying in his arms while standing in the hallway. I ran to them and my dad let out a sigh of relief when he saw me. Sofi quickly held out her arms for me to take her as soon as she noticed me.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked; trying to sound as calm as a girl could be after witnessing the ultimate showdown.

"Ma-my stomach hurts a-a lot." She stuttered.

"Yeah she came running to me while I was helping your mom make breakfast. We've in the bathroom ever sense." That explains things.

"How are you feeling now Sofi?"

"It still hurts but it's better." I kissed her forehead and gave her a big hug.

"You're going to be OK princess." A little bit of tension has been cleared now that I know they are alright.

"Come on baby girl lets get you some medicine so your tummy can feel better. None of you are going to school today anyway." I mentally high fived myself and handed my little sister to my father. Before he walked down the stairs I asked why mom was so distant, and he said it was because of Sofi's rejection of her. Oh mom. Here I thought she got drugged by a witch. Oh now you are going crazy sista. Freaking conscience. A slam from outside brought me back to my senses. I ran to the window where Lauren was thrown out of to see what was going on.

My heart started racing at sight. Lauren was being pinned down to the floor by a huge werewolf. She was holding its mouth open to prevent it from biting her neck off. Then in one swift movement she spin Zac off of her, and got up. She was covered in scratches and blood stains everywhere. How was she still fighting with so many wounds? Vampire remember? Right.

Zac stayed on the ground for a couple of seconds before he got up again. His fur was all ragged up and had blood all over it too. Lauren hissed and charged at the animal. Right before she reached him she flipped over him, dodging a bite, and landing right behind him. Then she grabbed his tale and started spinning around, taking the beast with her.

"Holy shit . . ." I knew Lauren was strong, but this is a whole other level of strength.

A few seconds later, she had them spinning around fast, and with one last turn she launched Zac halfway across the field. Sending his body straight to a tree. He howled in pain as his body dropped to the floor. Damn . . . I felt that from here. Zac laid motionless on the floor, while Lauren leaned against a tree for support. She was breathing heavily and clearly looked like she couln't move another muscle. This had to stop.

Lauren that's it it's over. Please stop killing each other.

No. I won't stop until the fucker is dead.

That one caught me by surprise. I mean it was over. Zac is down to the count. Why does she have to kill him?

Because he hurt you and I'm not going to allow that ever again.

I would be lying if I said that didn't make blush a little. Oh Lauren you say the sweetest things at the most awkwardess of moments.

By the looks of it it seems like you succeeded. Now stop please. For me?

That seemed to knock some sense into her because she sat down soon after. I sighed in content and ran both my hands through my hair. I have to get down to her. I looked down the window and saw that I wasn't to high from the ground. I took a deep breath and started climbing out. The thought of a wounded Lauren keeping me motivated, and before I knew it I was sprinting to her side. I dropped to my knees and started examining her to see where she was hurt. I gently grabbed her face and ran my thumb over a gash she had on her left cheek. Her dark, red eyes opened up and stared at me intently, as I continued to rub her face. Tears sprung to my eyes at all of the cuts and bruises she had. It hurt me to see her this battered, and it hurt even more knowing I was the cause of it. This girl just fought a full-fledged werewolf for me, and didn't care how damaged she got doing so. I'm shocked she would got through all this, FOR ME, and I'm extremely, extremely touched.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when I felt her hand touch my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into her hand.

"Did he hurt you?" She was the one sitting all busted up, and was asking me if I was okay? This vampire is incredible. Her adoration made me smile.

"Lauren you're the one sitting here all battered up not me. I'm fine." I said and finally looked at her eyes. They were the most beautiful shade of red I have ever seen. Even when she is covered in cuts and bruises she is still flawless. CAMILAAAAA FOCUSSSS!

"Hey now don't cry." She whispered and whipped the tear away with her thumb. I didn't even know I was crying. "Why are you crying?"

"Because you're all injured and it's all my fault." She sat up straight, wincing in the process. "See."

"This most definitely is not your fault. You're not the one that hurt me, that dumb dog did. If anything you are the victim here, so please don't go thinking you caused any of this. Ok? I fought for you and I will always fight for you. You didn't deserve any of the things he did to you." There she goes with her words again. "So stop crying because I don't like seeing you cry." She whipped away more tears from my face. Not only was I crying because of her physical state, but of her compassionate words as well.

"Oh Lauren, I don't like seeing you like this." I said.

"Don't worry I'll be fine. My wounds will heal soon enough." She said and smiled weakly. Even all beaten up she finds a reason to smile, and it's contagious. "There you go. That's what I like to see."

She leaned her head back and took a deep breath, looking at Zac's direction.

"He's gone." I looked back and indeed saw that the wolf wasn't there anymore.

"Thank god. Now come on let's get you cleaned up."

"I don't think I can get up." She said with a sly grin; making her eyes look even more enthralling.

"Then we'll just have to do it here then." I searched my pockets, silently praying I had a couple of napkins here like I always do. I mean who doesn't?

"Everyone." She muttered. I pulled out a napkin and ran it across her face, with a small smile forming on mine.

"You be quiet and stop reading my mind." I said playfully.

"Hey it's hard to ignore them when they are so loud." I playfully rolled my eyes and started cleaning up the nasty gash she had on her cheek. Because it was on her left and I was on her right, I unconsciously lifted my leg over her, so that now I was straddling her. When I realized what I just did I gulped, pushing my heart out of my throat.

"How did this happen?" I said, trying to decrease the tension.

"He caught me off guard and slashed me right across the face. He ate a hell of a lot of dirt after. Would have broken his neck if he was still here."

"Where do you get all of these ideas from?" I asked.

"Well, when someone hurts the people I care about I get angry, and when I get angry I become a whole other person. But this time it was different. I have never felt this angry before in my life. Just seeing him holding you like that brought out this psycho side of me I didn't know I had." She said while looking at me straight in the eye. I was so interested in her words that I stopped cleaning her cut. Camila, I meant it when I said I was going to protect you and be by your side. You are a beautiful human being, with a bunch of unique traits. You mean too much, and I care about you too much to see you in pain. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you in the past, but I swear to you, that I will make sure you are safe now; and I will do anything to make sure you are."

I was speechless. There was so much emotion behind her words that it had me paralyzed. Tears of joy sprung to my eyes at the though of someone caring about me so much. I bit my lip and shook my head.

"Lauren I-" I was saying before she interrupted me.

"No Camila you don't have to say anything. It's ok for you not to feel the same way. I know this is still a shock to you and I'm sorry I-" Vampires are so apologetic.

"No Lauren that's where you are wrong." How can I not have seen it before? How could I be so blind and clueless?

"What do you mean?" She asked with a confused face. Our faces getting closer by the second.

"That I care about you too Lauren. A lot." I said and crashed our lips together. Showing her how much I care about her.

A/N: I know i disappeared for like forever and i do apologize. i missed you guys so so so so so much! i was so mad at myself that i couldn'y post anything for you guys. but here it is! fucking finally right? anyways i'm sorry again for making you wait so long. Life. School. Me. and more crap had me busy, but hanks for staying with me through it!

I LOVE YA! A LOT. YOU GUYS ARE ANAZING. I MEAN IT!!!

STAY STRONG AND STAY HARMONIZED!!!!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

232K 4K 22
Basic high school love story. Popular Lauren and basic Camila fall in love. What if love is the only thing they have in common? Is love really all? I...
306K 10.9K 47
Camila Cabello, she is the head cheerleader but she isn't a rude person like every cheerleader in the movies, she's actually a really loving person w...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
2.4M 69.7K 57
Lauren is a smart girl and kind of nerdy. She only has two friends at school, Normani and Dinah. She's had a small crush on the mysterious badass Cam...