The Arrangement: It Led Me To...

By madisonrae19

*Sequel to The Arrangement: It Led Me To Love* Ellison and Laurene have finally admitted their feelings for e... More

Intro and Cast List
Chapter 1 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 2 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 3 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 4 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 6 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 7 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 8 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 9 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 10 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 11 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 12 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 13 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 14 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 15 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 16 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 17 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 18 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 19 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 20 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 21 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 22 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 23 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 24 Laurene's POV
Chapter 25 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 26 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 27 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 28 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 29 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 30 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 31 - Antonio's POV
Chapter 32 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 33 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 34 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 35 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 36 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 37 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 38 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 39 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 40 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 41 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 42 - Michael's POV
Chapter 43 - Lucas' POV
Chapter 44 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 45 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 46 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 47 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 48 - Lucas' POV
Chapter 49 - Ellison's POV
Chapter 50 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 51 - Laurene's POV
Chapter 52 - Ellison's POV
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
COHEN'S STORY
MY OTHER BOOKS

Chapter 5 - Laurene's POV

2.3K 112 4
By madisonrae19

I have never truly understood the expression to feel like you are walking on clouds until now. I have always thought that it is just another silly manifestation, because it is hard to comprehend how someone could feel so perfectly happy and light with lack of problems, that they could compare their feelings to that of freedom itself. Well, now I know that I have never been truly happy until I came to Disney yesterday, with Ellison, my love. I feel like a child again, experiencing magic for the first time. When I have children, I am going to make sure that I bring them to Disney many times throughout their childhood, as this is such a marvellous place, where the sky is the limit to imagination and fantasy. You only have to look at the beaming smiles, bright with laughter and joy to understand how amazing a place it truly is.

It has been able to help take my mind off one of the busiest and stressful weeks I have ever encountered at work. I have visited poor Hazel everyday at her home, and have brought her gifts and let her have as much time as she needs off work. I offered to give Norman a week off work to look after her, but he strangely refused which is odd as she is his girlfriend. My office has been cleaned up and all of the broken things replaced, and my security has been tightened securely. They still have no idea who broke into my office, but luckily, they were able to rule Norman out, because his door use records show that once he entered in the morning, he did not leave his room until he heard me screaming. Although it is odd that he did not hear the intruder, I personally have put it down to his conscientious nature, as he was probably just focusing too hard, or watching a video or something.

I woke up about half an hour ago, before the sun had even tiptoed into the sky, because a baby below us was screaming, probably waking up the whole hotel. The room Ellison has reserved for us is huge and doesn't look like a hotel room at all...more like a guest suite in a palace. There are two small double beds with pure white, Egyptian cotton sheets. We have our own desk, a sixty inch TV with video and DVD, a sprawling leather sofa, and, on the other side of the room floor-to-ceiling windows with our own private terrace. In addition, the bathroom is so luxurious! As well as the power shower, there is a bath big enough for a football team, and a built-in Jacuzzi. Everything is in marble with smooth handcrafted tiles. The millionaire suite. I hate to think how much Ellison spent in reserving this for us!

"Laurene? Are you awake?" Ellison whispers next to me.

"Yeah, did you sleep well?" I ask, turning my attention to him.

"Yes thank you. This bed is really comfy!" He exclaims sleepily.

"What time do you want to go in today?" I ask him.

"Well, with our VIP passes we have early admission to the park, so we can go in any time from now on." Ellison explains.

"Ok, well do you want to go in early so that we make the most of our time here today?" I ponder aloud.

"Yes that sounds like a good plan. If you don't mind I am going to go in the shower first, while you can call room service?" He asks hopefully.

"Of course!"

We both get out of bed, and I soon hear the downpour of the shower being turned on. I for one am not going to miss out on the Jacuzzi bath, even though we do not have much time. I slink on a robe to cover my flimsy pyjamas, and then pace over to the phone to order room service. After I ordered two full English breakfasts, I checked to see what clothes my maid has packed for me. I was just in the middle of searching through my luggage when a knock sounded on the door. Wow, room service is swift here! With a bright smile, I open the door, only to have it fade in confusion when I see that it is not in fact room service, but a courier with a parcel for me. After graciously thanking the man, I cautiously pace over to the desk, and retrieve an envelope opener from the drawer. Listening intently, I can still hear the steady pace of the water from the shower, meaning Ellison will be occupied for at least another ten minutes. This means I have time to deal with whatever is in this box.

Of course, it may be something perfectly normal and justified, but considering I have defied my blackmailers, I have to be on guard for anything, while my dad finds a solution to the problem.

As I start to cut into the box, a putrid smell erupts into my senses, smelling of rotting flesh and vomit combined. My throat automatically gags, and my eyes sting with tears at the overwhelming sensation. Flashes of images such as someone's severed head filter into my mind, leaving my heart racing and hands shaking. I do not know what else could smell this repulsive other than death itself. There has to be something dead inside this box; there is nothing else that could have such a nauseating aroma. Knowing I have to hurry to get rid of whatever is in the box before Ellison comes out; I take a deep breath and fling open the flaps. What is inside of the box makes my heart stop and tears swarm to my eyes.

Inside, is an innocent, beautiful little rabbit. It would be absolutely gorgeous and sweet if it were not for the bullet hole in its head, and the stench coming off its long dead, decaying body. I expeditiously move my hand to my mouth as I gag again, the smell even stronger than before. Next to it, is a note written in the same permanent marker as on my office wall, saying 'baby bunny no more'. To anyone else, these words would mean nothing. However, to me, these words mean everything. When I was a baby, I was a late bloomer and used to like bum shuffling instead of crawling. As a result, it looked like I was bouncing. My mother always called me her baby bunny because of this. The fact that so many memories inflicting pain have been brought out of dormancy is hard enough, but realising that there is defiantly someone helping these blackmailers on the inside that is close to me, is heart breaking. There is someone I love out to get me.

I am confused when I become anxious at the silence around me, when I realise that my subconscious has clicked onto the fact that if there is silence, there is no noise, and I need noise to know that Ellison is occupied. I quickly wipe my fallen tears away, and bury my heartbreak under a fake smile, as I scramble to dispose of the rabbit. If I had time then I would have had a funeral for the innocent creature, but this is neither the time nor place, so I have to settle with chucking it out of the window and into the bushes below. I hope that another animal will scrap its remains, so that no one else has the horrible job of cleaning it up. I also heavily spray the room with air freshener to disguise the awful smell, and leave the balcony doors wide open to rejuvenate the room.

Ellison then steps out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped low on his hips, but I cannot bring myself to admire his sexiness, as my mind is to het up to think about anything other than the fact someone has betrayed me. Betrayed. Why? Who? I know I am not perfect, but I do not think I have ever done any serous wrong to someone without humbling myself and apologising profusely afterwards. There have been no signs from anyone that they are mad at me either. I just cannot wrap my head around it... Who can I put faith in, now that I can't trust anyone?

***

Ellison repeatedly asks me what is wrong through out the course of the morning, and I feel so bad denying his allegations, even though it is my choice to keep lying to him. I am in too deep now to back out of the never-ending chain of lies. I feel like my life has become a well of fake emotions and deceit, and I cannot say that I am happy with who I have become. Nevertheless, isn't the saying 'ignorance is bliss' true?

Throughout the day, I half-heartedly manage to lighten up, although all I really want to do is curl up on a sofa and cry, and have a heart to heart with my mum. Neither of those things are going to be possible though. We go on many rides, and the thrill of being chucked around and around and spun upside down was able to distract my thoughts for a while. I am all smiles and happiness around Ellison, as I do not want him to click onto anything, or feel as if I am not enjoying this trip. I am loving it; it is just that there are a few things weighing heavily on my heart right now, distracting me from the wonders of Disney.

I keep getting a feeling that I am being followed; that unsettling tingling creeping up my spine, a sixth sense if you will, sensing someone's beady eyes on me. I tell myself that I am just being paranoid, but I cannot shake the sensation. Instead, I just move closer to Ellison, and take solace in the fact that nothing should happen in a public place like this.

After we are worn out from the rides, we buy lots of memorabilia for our trip from the Disney stores, designed to lure you in with the promise of limited edition items, when really it is a greedy scheme to eat all of your money. Even though I know this, it does not stop me from buying bags of items for my friends (and myself of course), and spending a large fortune on things I will never look twice at. As a surprise, the last thing we did at Disney was attend a private show of The Little Mermaid, my favourite Disney princess, which was an amazing experience. I wish I could sing as well as the fake Ariel! I truly felt like a little girl again, unblemished by the world of a working adult.

For Ellison, all of the stress feels worth it. He makes me so happy even in my darkest moments, and I know that I can trust him with my life. I am in love with how he makes me feel, and although I know that there may be serious consequences because of my lies, I would not exchange this blossoming feeling in my heart of completeness and wholeness for anything. The truth is I have not been this happy since my mum died, so I have many years of loneliness and grief to be wiped clean from my ledger. I can feel in my heart that Ellison is the one who will keep me grounded and loved, even if it comes at the cost of his ignorance.

Yay, chapter 5 done! Are you guys enjoying it?

Poor baby bunny :(

Some new characters are being introduced in the next chapter, so keep your eyes pealed for that!

As always, please like and comment!

XOXO

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.4K 74
One night of heated passion was all it takes for Zoe Jones to get knocked up. What if she wakes up and her boss Maximus Taylor was the one who she h...
400 16 39
This is a sequel to my first book " mafia Exchange student" this is when Haden and Liv find each other when their older like in their very early 20s...
534K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...
359K 10.3K 47
Ethan is a 27 year old billionaire and an extremely awful husband to his 24 year old wife, Olivia. He only ever puts his interests before hers but ab...