DONTMAKEMEFALLINLOVE || Billy...

By billysvendetta

ST2, ST3, ST4 completed Billy Hargrove may have just rolled into town, but his reputation may not even comp... More

casting + playlist
I. Season 2
II.
III. Part 1
III. Part 2
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVII.
XVIII.*
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV. Part 1
XXVI. Part 2
XXVII. Part 3
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII. Season 3
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.*
XLII.
XLIII. Part 1
XLIV. Part 2
XLV.
XLVI.
XLVII.
XLVIII.
XLIX.
L.
LI.
LII.
LIII.
LIV.*
LV.
LVI.
LVII.
LVIII.
Epilouge.
Season 4
Season 4 Bonus Chapter I.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter II.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter III.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter IV.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter V.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter VI.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter VII.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter VIII.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter IX.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter X.
Season 4 Bonus Chapter XI.*
Season 4 Bonus Chapter XII.
Eddie Munson Fanfic

XVI.

11.3K 265 121
By billysvendetta

Sorry for the time skip, I haD TO ILY

~

*one month later*

Friday December 14, 1984

You could promise someone the world and you'd never be able to reach their expectations.

The past month, it was as if Billy revived her and brought her a reason to get out of bed every single day, happier.

Falling in love and loving someone are two absolutely different concepts. When falling in love, you love that person's everything, their perfect flaws the most. You look at them with so much love and happiness, you don't even realize it until it's over.

Loving someone is like chasing the wind. You'll catch it at one point for a little bit of time then will spend the rest of it chasing them.

Diana has been loved and has loved.

What she has never done is fall in love.

She didn't have the heart to tell Steve that she had a date after all this time. So thinking highly of herself like always, she said she'd wing it.

Steve decided to take Dustin to the Snowball Dance and meet Diana at their own dance.

What he didn't know was that she's off with somebody else.

But it's not like he's in love with her, right?

Being taken aback by Billy's appearance is an understatement. I was taken back to the past.

With his dark suit on and his smirk, I was sold for the rest of my life. He's a wrenching piece of art you'd find in museums where no one really understands the purpose or the strokes of it, though it doesn't matter because you'll never be able to stop staring at it.

I couldn't be staring at him for long though. I still have to meet with Steve tonight.

Occasionally I've had to make excuses to Billy about where I'm going, like to the restroom or something. But in reality I'm actually going to the other side of the gym to sit with Steve. And vice versa.

"Are you okay tonight? You seem a little distracted," Steve lets out, unaware he's 100% correct.

"What? Oh yeah, I am, just trying to avoid Tommy at all costs is all," I give him a weary smile, my lies piling after one another. "Speaking of it, I'm going to go get punch! I'll be back."

Before he has time time to protest, I'm out of my seat and scurrying back to Billy, getting lost in the crowd during the process. Lifting my black dress up to avoid my feet stepping on it, I squeeze and push past the student body.

"I'm back!" I sigh relieved, plopping down in the seat next to Billy. With his arm slung around my shoulder and his other hand splayed on my cheek, he continuously pecks my lips with his, taking me by surprise.

Not because of him, no, but because we're doing the exact opposite of what we're supposed to be doing in front of the whole school: hating each other.

But let's be honest, I haven't done a fine job of controlling myself around him, even though we've never kissed each other in public at school so far.

Pulling away from him for a bit, I see Steve nowhere in sight because of the humongous crowd on the dance floor separating us. Which is a good thing.

"What's wrong?" I hear Billy ask at the crook of my neck, starting to feel his pecks again from my jawline to the corner of my mouth, and finally to my lips.

"Nothing, just making sure no one sees us," I reply turning back to face him. "The less people know the better."

"Screw them all then," he mumbles raspily before connecting his lips with mine again, a grin forming on my lips.

If only it were that easy, baby.

But I won't deny the fact that my heart turned a darker shade of red.

"Let's leave already baby," Billy groans against my lips, electricity starting to pulse through my veins.

I see the tables have turned.

"Not yet," I murmur giving him a long kiss before standing back up, "leave those lips for me warm."

He chuckles while shaking his head as I turn around and lose myself in the crowd on my way to Steve again.

"Don't tell me you spent all that time just to come back with no punch," I hear Steve start before I can even sit down.

"Let me rephrase that: you love him don't you?"

Whirling my eyes towards him, I am struck dumbfounded. I open my mouth to say something, anything, but my brain is completely shut off.

"Don't bother, I saw what I saw and you've never been good at keeping secrets. You could've just told me instead of leading me on." He scoffs, absolutely thinking he's had the last word.

Leading him on? Excuse me? Who was first person here to get their heart broken?

"Please, don't think you still have a chance with me after what you did," I bark back at him.

"Don't be playing the fucking victim in all this, remember what that fucking physco did to me and your brother," he venomously spats back at me, my anger boiling to the tip.

Before I can kill him there's a piercing sound coming from the front of the gym and then the chirpy voice that is Carol's. "Hawkins High!" She yells through the microphone, earning lots of hollers back, "it is time to announce your Snow King & Queen for the class of 1984!"

"Now it's absolutely no surprise for her, and with good reason because she's legendary...can Diana Henderson please step out and head on over here!"

I stand there for a while, thinking about nothing but Steve's words that is until I feel everyone's eyes on me. But what if I told you that none of this shit mattered to me anymore?

Remember when you fucking wanted this?

And before I take a step I feel Steve's hard grip on my upper arm. Everything feels like it's at a stop when the next words come out of his mouth: "Fuck you, Henderson."

And with that he strides away.

And there's just no time to recollect my thoughts as I'm on the way to the front, thinking nothing but of Steve's anger. As the girl next to Carol places a silver tiara on my head everyone in the crowd is chanting, "Speech!"

And at that point I just wanted to fade away.

With even more chants, the girl then steps back with Carol, giving me the whole stage. Something I never asked for, not today.

But these people don't care about what just happened to me. They only care about The Diana Henderson.

"Yes guys, thank you for another, final year! Thank you for always standing by side!" I cheerily say through the microphone, wanting nothing more than to just go home.

They all clap and roar, as if they really helped me ever. There's a slight touch of a hand on my arm, Carol's, who smiles at me widely before taking the microphone and then announcing, "Now, time for the most controversial vote ever: King."

The crowd goes extremely wild for that, all of them knowing the feud between Steve and Billy is absolutely worse than mine and Billy's. Supposedly. The crowd then quiets down as fast as they get loud, anticipation running through their heads.

"Can...Billy Hargrove please step out on stage please!" Carol hollers through the microphone before it turns to chaos. A lot of people gasp in shock, some cheer, and some pat Billy on the back as he makes his way towards us. Shocked is all smacked on their face last because no one has won over Steve. Ever. He's always won no matter what, long before I even gave a crap about popularity.

The girl places a crown on him as well, goggly eyeing him through the process. They yell at him to say something, which he declines faster than I could when he grips my hand and starts striding off stage, me following at foot. I don't look back to know people are in confusion but not for long as the music starts back up along with their dancing.

As soon as we're outside into the night Billy takes off his crown and continues striding with me towards the parking lot. As soon as we reach his car it's no surprise I'm backed up against his blue Camaro. "Congratulations on being king, Hargrove," I mumble before I feel his grip on my waist, not even a painful touch.

"Not important at the moment ever since I saw you in that dress tonight."

And if it wasn't nighttime you could've seen my cheeks were a tinted color.

He started with continuous pecks on my lips, which was a little too light for the way he kisses (I've experienced some the past few weeks), and to longer ones, where it becomes so heated I feel like I'm going to suffocate. I feel the warmth of his hand on my cold cheek, my body starting to feel warm in this winter weather. Somewhere along the way I lost the tiara that was on my head.

And as I look up from his captivating lips on my neck, I catch a car pass by us. When the car takes a right turn, I know who's in there as I see two thick mops of dark hair.

As I slowly pull away from Billy's touch even when I desperately never ever want him to stop, I have no other choice but to lie, just to make things right.

"Why don't we finish this at the after party later?" He groans pulling me closer before I can continue, "Drop me off at my house so I can change and I'll meet you there. Tommy should be Carol's place by now getting everything ready," I explain the most unthought out excuse ever.

"I don't want you to change though," he stubbornly replies.

"Trust me baby–" my hand is lightly pressed at the end of his button up trailing up from his torso to his chest, "You want me to."

He was sold.

But that was the downhill of my relationships.

////////////////////////////////////////////

U P D A T E

WOO CLIFFHANGER

IM SORRY

I APOLOGIZE TOO MUCH

BUT NOW I CAM WRITE MORE CUZ TGE BIGGEST FINAL OF MY LIFE IS OVER

AS SOON AS THIS UP ILL ALREADY BE WORKING ON THE NEXT CHAPTER CUZ ITS TOOOO GOODDDD

Vote. Comment. Share.

Word count: 1750

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 793 42
"You've got a mean mouth and you're the rudest girl I've ever met." "God, I- you just- you just... drive me insane, and I hate you! I really hate you...
36.7K 1.1K 40
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...
297K 6.3K 21
❝where are you from?❞ ❝the great beyond.❞ [season 2-3]
143K 3.1K 20
Billy Hargrove was everything i lived for. We made so many great memories. i cant lose him. Not now, not ever. He's still in there. You dated Steve...