𝖀𝖠𝖲𝖨𝖀𝖱 ⊰ montgomery de...

By happiejoon

13 REASONS WHY SEASON 1 + OWN TIMELINE [MONTGOMERY DE LA CRUZ x OC] "Maybe going to the Wal-Mart can be our t... More

Easier
chapter one
chapter 2
chapter III
chapter four
chapter 5
chapter six
chapter VII
chapter 8
chapter nine
chapter X
Chapter 11
chapter twelve
chapter XIII
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter 16
chapter XVII
chapter XVIII
chapter nineteen
chapter 20
chapter XXI
chapter XXII
chapter 23
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty-five
chapter XXVI
chapter 27
chapter 28
SEASON 2 REVIEW
chapter twenty-nine
chapter 30
Chapter XXXII
chapter thirty-three
SEASON 3 REVIEW
chapter thirty-four
Epilogue

chapter 31

3.8K 70 12
By happiejoon

Melody's point of view

Well, well, well, my ex-boyfriend and I are back to square one- at a party, in a closet after being chosen to play 7 minutes in heaven and playing the same old game: 20 questions.

"Let's get over this," I sighed.

"Just like old times," The boy smirked.

"Sure, but you're going first this time around," I looked around the closet.

Bryce's parents have lots of coats and it's like they have every shade of colour. They even have matching coloured winter boots to go with it.

"Uh. What's your favourite colour?"

"Seriously, Monty? You already know it. Why are you asking again?"

"Well, you always said it changes colour according to your mood," He shrugged.

My heart skipped a beat that he remembered. I bit my lips to conceal my smile under the dim lighting.

"Your turn to ask a question," his voice interrupts me.

"I can't, uh, I can't think of anything right now. Not at this moment," I put my knuckles on my forehead, getting dizzy as I had a full bottle of beer.

"Are you okay?" He came closer to me but I held my hand up so that he would not.

"I'm fine. Is it okay if we just chill? Avoiding you is so exhausting, you know?" I heard him chuckled.

"Yeah, okay. That's, uh, yeah, that's fine. We'll just sit and talk, okay? How are the baby twins doing?"

"Mavis and Max? They are fine. Oh! Did I tell you? They said their first words!" I winced as I sat up too fast.

Monty hold up his hands if I hit my head, "Really? What did, what did they say?"

"Max said a car and soon after that, Mavis started saying car too," I giggled at the memory.

"Car?" we burst out laughing.

"I know, right?"

"How did they know how to say that?"

"It might have been my fault because I've been begging Maddy and Mitch for a car, literally every single morning," I bit my lower lips and hugged my arms, embarrassed.

"Oh, you know, I mean, if you need it, you can just, you can just borrow mine. I don't mind. You have to give it back though," I couldn't help but gasped.

"Is Montgomery de la Cruz being nice to me by letting me borrow his cool jeep car?" I teased and sat next to him, bumping his shoulder cheekily.

"Only if, uh, I get to send you home tonight?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Sure, Monty. Just this one time, okay?"

He lighted up at my response, "Wait. Really?"

"Yeah. Nothing wrong with exes being friends, right?" I clarified with him.

"Oh. Yeah, yeah. Just friends, nothing more. I, uh, promise," We were interrupted by an aggressive knocking on the door. "Seven minutes is up, lovebirds!"

We got out and separated as I wanted to find Jeff. I found him in the backyard, playing beer pong with his friends.

"You alright? What happened in there with Monty?" Jeff paused the game to talk to me.

"Yeah, yeah. No, we're okay. We actually talked like civilised human beings!" I jabbered.

"Really?" He observed me, searching in my eyes and raising his defined eyebrow at my weird grin.

"Yeah, yeah. Why are you so sceptical about it? Can't I be friends with my ex?"

"No, no, you can. It's just, uh. Like why are you so smiley about it? Are you guys hooking up or something?-"

"What?! No!-"

"Then? Talk to me. I'm your best friend!" He enunciated.

"Really? Pulling the best friend card on me? You really think that would work? Okay, fine. He will be taking me home tonight," I revealed, making Jeff's head that was looking somewhere else turned to look at me. "What?"

"He's just taking me home. Chill," I began to walk away.

"C'mon, Melrose," Jeff whined.

"Woah! Hey! You haven't called me that since, uh, like maybe, forever?" I giggled and walked away. "Catch you later, I'm leaving already."

"See you next week, Melrose," I heard him and wandered to Bryce's pool house where I found Monty and Alex.

"Monty. I want to head back already, please?" I called out to him.

He shot up from the sofa and pulled my hand with his. "Bye, Alex! Have a good winter break!"

"Bye, Mel! You too!" I heard him say.

"You can let go of my hand already, Monty," I whispered when we got to his car.

"Oh? Oh! Yeah, yeah. Here, I can open the door for you," He opened the door for me.

"Chivalry is not dead! Thanks, Monty," I smiled gratefully and went into the car.

The drive back to my house was uncomfortable until my phone vibrated against my jeans pocket.

Maddy
Dear, help. I need more diapers and milk powder for the twins. please, thanks!

I put my phone on lap, biting my lips, nervous to ask Monty. "Uh. Hey, Monty. Could you drop me off at Walmart? I need to get stuff for the twins."

"I'll accompany you. It's late anyway and I've got nothing else to do so," He turned the car around as we had drove passed Walmart.

"You can stay in the car if you want. I can–" I was cut off.

"Mel, don't worry. I said I want to accompany you, I will," He got out and opened the door for me.

"Are you sure?" I tried to read his expression as I got out.

"Yes. Now, uh, c'mon. I'll go get the cart," he walked ahead as I waited by the entrance.

He came around, pushing the cart and grinning.

"What is up with that face of yours?" I narrowed my eyes at him and my hands on my hips.

"Get in," He smirked and nudged his head to the cart.

"I want to but why are you smiling like that? Like you have an evil plan. Are you going to push me down the road and kill me?" my eyes widen in terror.

Seeing my expressions, Monty rushes forward to console me, "What? No! No.  Nothing like that, I promise. Are you, like serious? I'm an asshole, not a villain."

"Isn't that the same thing? And how would I know?" I pushed him away and shrugged.

"Okay, you get in and once you got to the baby aisle, you can get out. How about that?" He offered.

"Are you sure you're not going to kill me?" I glared at him.

"I won't! C'mon," he took my hand and helped me into the cart. I sat cross-legged in it.

"Maybe going to the Wal-Mart can be our thing?" He smirked cheekily at me.

"Is it because we always go to Wal-Mart for dates?" I winked back.

"Wait, do you actually have to get things or do you just want to go on a date with me? If you want, just say so," He leaned into my face.

"Ew! No! That's not what I meant, you jerk!" I growled and got out of the cart after he abruptly stopped.

"Mel! C'mon! I was just kidding!" He ran after me.

TBC
>vote, comment, share! <

author's note

hi!! this is amazing! you guys!! we reached more than 40K reads, more than 1K votes and #5 on #thirteenreasonswhy rank!!! it's not the fanfiction rank but its something!!! I posted a review on season2 and you guys gave me really amazing responses and encouraged me to kept writing even if some have changed their point of views of Monty.

perhaps this will change all your point of views because like everyone's, its all about the road to recovery with a lot of help. so please spread nothing but peace and love, okie?? love you guys!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 14.1K 48
"I REALIZE NOW THAT DYING IS EASY, LIVING IS HARD." ________ [JEFFATKINS X OC] [THIRTEEN REASONS WHY] highest rank: #697 in fanfiction
148K 4.1K 48
"The prettiest smiles hide the deepest secrets." When a new girl arrives Tyler Down thinks she'll just be the standard popular mean girl. How couldn'...
60K 1.2K 15
❝ I'll make you a deal, Stella. If we win this game, you have to kiss me. ❞ thirteen reasons why [season one] oc x jeff atkins male oc x tony padilla...
53.2K 1.4K 46
'The pain of truth is much better than the bliss of illusion.' || Book 2 in the Bailey Matthews Series || || 13 Reasons Why || || Season 3 - 4 || ||...