Love Heals | NoMin

By lunamintheu

Jaemin lost his smile when his parents decide to separate and file a divorce. Since that day, he became anot... More

Foreword
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
not an update
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
FINAL
Special Chapter 1
Special Chapter 2

Chapter Fifteen

6K 306 333
By lunamintheu

~

"Nana, I love you. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Everytime Jaemin will recapture the memory of last night, his cheeks keep getting redder as the time goes by. He doesn't want to keep thinking about it but his mind can't stay still.

It's his first time receiving a confession like that, in the middle of the night, without anybody around. Just the two of them with illuminating moonlight above them.

It's too perfect.

Jaemin wanted to say yes to him.

Instead of;

"J-J-Jeno-yah, c-can you l-let me think a-about it first?" without looking at the older and gently pulling his hand away from Jeno's. But Jaemin didn't say no.

Truthfully, he regretted that part. Why didn't he just say what his heart was screaming for? Why can't he just become selfish for this? Both of them wanted each other though. There's no doubt.

Jaemin is not afraid of everything, to be honest. But he just can't take Jeno like that when there's a nice girl there who likes him very much and she's a friend.

It's clearer than a crystal that Jeno wants him, not Lami.

However, it was Jaemin after all.

That time, Jeno still smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Okay, I'll wait for your answer."

I love you too. He wanted to scream.

"And I want you to know, I don't want to hurt Lami."

"I told you, she's not my business." Jeno's smile faded.

"But I can't hurt someone's feelings. She likes you very much and she's willing to do everything for you."

"And I told you again, I don't like her. Please stop it."

"But Jeno-"

"You said you'll think about it first? But why do I feel like you don't want any of this? You can simply say no to me instead of pushing me to Lami. I will understand you." his voice is way too serious this time.

How could I still say no when you kissed me already you punk! And I won't do it!

"I'm not pushing you."

"You sounded like one. The person I love is you. Not her. Think about it carefully." Jeno said before leaving him.

"Jaemin!"

His thoughts were cut off when Renjun barged inside the tent and called him. Thankfully, he might have gone crazy if he didn't appear.

"Oh?"

"Why are you still laying there? Come out, we're going to exercise." he said, almost pulling him. Renjun seems excited but not him. He's worrying how he will face Jeno.

The kiss.

It's still fresh in his mind, and no matter how hard he tries not to think about it, he'll think about it more. Jaemin felt so many sparks inside his chest like fireworks and something tickling his tummy. The feeling was lovely. Until now. It's quite addicting.

Jeno's lips were indeed fucking soft like a chewing hum and he wanted to bite him for some reason.

Was his lips chewable?

"Yah, are you sick? Why are your faces so red?"

Damn it, Jaemin what the hell were you thinking?!

"I-I'm okay!" Jaemin quickly snapped and ran out of the tent to avoid Renjun's question. That boy will probably ask him, knowing Renjun, he can sense something strange when it's about him and Jeno.

"Yah! Wait for me! Where are you going? That's not the way!"

- - -

Jeno keeps taking a glimpse of Jaemin while following the basic moves, and he noticed that so he hemmed.

"Good morning." The older murmured. Jaemin was just beside him.

The latter looked back smiling and nodded, he's afraid to talk. What if he stutters? Besides, Lami was there too and she's looking at them. Staring rather, like she's trying to read the situation because Jeno didn't even try to look back at her.

"Ahh! My back!" Chenle cried when he heard his bone crack the moment he leaned backward. "When was the last time I exercised? It's been a century."

"You never exercise. The fuck you saying?" Jisung chuckled.

"You two, just shut up and focus." Renjun scolded and the youngsters flinched. He's too into the session so he doesn't want to hear any nonsense sounds.

Right after exercising, Lami was about to go to Jeno and greet him again, but the truth behind that is she's going to ask him about something, but Jeno was with Jaemin. He looks like messing around the latter because Jaemin keeps looking somewhere while Jeno's trying to catch his eyes. Jaemin ended up smiling.

She didn't notice. Just now.

The way Jeno looks at Jaemin. It's different. Too different.

"Aish seriously! Get away from me!" Jaemin nagged, trying to hide his smile.

"How? I'm going to take my heart. How could you steal it?" The older said while trying to reach for Jaemin's hand but he shoved it and he playfully cringed. "Yah, somebody might misunderstand you." Jaemin warned.

"They wouldn't because it's true." Then he pulled Jaemin closer and both of them went to their tent to change outfits.

- - - -

Renjun was their leader and to be honest, he didn't want to but Chenle and Jisung wouldn't allow him, and they kept doing an aegyo to get him to say yes, which he did. Their aegyo were scarier than the horror movies he watches on rainy days, and they had to do it on purpose. Okay, they are really cute, but sometimes they're making fun of their aegyo too. Another thing is,Renjun has the potential of being a leader, that's why Donghyuck promised to help him.

"No thanks! I can do it alone." Renjun then rolled his eyes.

"I can help you Renjun-ah!"

"Oh right. There's Jaemin. Come on." he said and dragged the younger beside him, away from Jeno.

"No, he can't help you!" Jeno suddenly appeared between Jaemin and Renjun.

"And why?"

"Because you can manage alone. You just said that!"

"Yah!" Jaemin warned him and flicked his forehead. "I'm his partner. Don't leave Lami like that, you should accompany her because you're her partner."

"Aish. I can't! Why don't you do it?"

"What?"

"I don't want to make you upset when I'm with her. I know you're not okay with that." He said softly.

"Who said it's not okay with me?A-and why w-would I? It's freaking okay so go to her. Don't you know that you're lucky to be paired with her because every boy wants to be with Lami but she chooses you?" Jaemin hissed and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Then, they can take care of her. I only care about you."

The younger gasped. "How could you say that?"

"I don't fucking care about that because you are the one I like! You understand?" Jeno shrieked, he didn't even hesitate to say it like that even though Renjun and the younger ones were watching. That's right though, he wants to take care of Jaemin, not Lami. Luckily, Lami's attention drifted to something.

"Yah Lee Jeno!" Jaemin looked at him in disbelief and looked around. "Don't say it like that."

"What is this? Did I just hear you confess?" Renjun butt in but Jeno didn't mind him.

"Alright, if you really wanted that much, fine! I will put all my attention to her then I'll do it because you want it. You said, you're not pushing me to her but you're doing it."

"Then what should I do? I'm not that selfish!"

"Is it too hard for you to become selfish when it comes to me? I just want to be with you" Jeno snorted. "Well, what am I even thinking? We're not together and I'm the only one who likes you. I'm sorry."

"Jeno wait."

Jeno bit his lip and ruffled his hair, he seemed frustrated but he chose not to talk and walk away instead. If Jaemin wants this okay, he'll do it. Beside, since Lami came he's the one who always pushes him with her even he told him many times that he doesn't like her.

Moreover, he can't get mad at Jaemin, he shouldn't and he doesn't want to, so he'll step down.

"Why can't he understand me? I just want to be with him without minding others." He muttered.

"Wow. Did I just witness a lover's quarrel? Something is fishy." Renjun mumbled, he can't let Jaemin hear him because he'll ruin the mood. "I smell a drama." He added and examined the other's face and there's a hint of sadness in it.

What actually happened to them?

"Yah Jaemin, you better tell me what happened to you and Jeno. I can sense something." He tried to capture his attention so that he wouldn't think some nonsense things. Chenle and Jisung choose to shut their mouths, they're not that stupid not to know what's going on.

"He's right. Don't forget to tell me too. Promise me." Donghyuck then tapped Jaemin's shoulder.

The team building just started and all teams became hype at the moment they began. They were all excited but some of them were not. Just like Jaemin, but he tried his best to focus on the game so Renjun would not feel frustrated. Jeno is ignoring him now, and he is talking with Lami all the time.

It seems that Lami is really happy that she caught Jeno's attention now, of course with the help of Jaemin. She heard everything earlier but she wanted to ignore it and become deaf for a while. It will be awkward, and she's not asking Jeno about the things related to him and Jaemin. She can't ruin their mood now.

"I can feel like I'm a soldier by doing this mission. This is so fun!" Donghyuck screamed and shook Chani beside him. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you're Renjun." He apologized when he realized that it was Chani and he felt a little bit embarrassed.

"No problem. I felt that too. I heard, it's actually how they train the soldiers in the military. This is a nice experience." Chani said and smiled. "I should move a little far. Mark is watching us. Seriously, why can't we make up?"

Donghyuck chuckled and looked at his boyfriend and waved his hand then muttered "I love you." Without sound. For Mark, it means a lot even though Donghyuck is whispering.

"Yah, it's Lami's turn now. Go Lami-yah! Fighting!" Chani screamed and went closer.

"Go Lami! You can do it. I believe in you! Woo!" Jeno screamed too and gave her a thumbs up so Lami became confident. Jaemin glanced at them but Jeno seemed not to have an interest in looking back.

"Alright, let's do this for now." He said and pursed his lips then went to Renjun and hugged him from behind. Since they were partners, he should stick to him all day.

"Hey Nana!" Renjun greeted him and gently rubbed the younger's arm that linked around his waist.

"Stop calling me that." he said and placed his chin on Renjun's shoulder while watching Lami doing the mission. "Wow, she's pretty good. I didn't expect that." he added.

"Get ready, you're next."

"Nah, let Chani do that. I'll be the last."

"You sure?"

"Mm." he nodded.

Jeno's orbs unexpectedly slid at the spot where Renjun and Jaemin were standing and he didn't like what he was seeing. But Jaemin didn't notice.

"Yah Jaemin, I think you should do it. Go! Meet her over there!" said Renjun and pulled Jaemin to the spot where he should start running and wait for his teammate to return. Renjun noticed Jeno, glaring at them.

"I said I'll do it later."

"No. You can do it now. Good luck dear!" Renjun said after leaving Jaemin at the starting area, he was standing up beside Jeno.

An awkward silence appeared.

Jaemin wanted to talk to him, but he's afraid that Jeno might ignore him.

Jeno wanted to talk and cheer him on, but he's also afraid that Jaemin won't talk. He thinks that he is mad too.

"Hyung, they look awkward." Chenle mumbled to Renjun.

"I'm not used to it. Oh my god I think I'll cry!"

"Shh.. Shut up Jisung."

"How can I? My heart hurts too, just watching them like that."

Renjun sighs as he keeps watching the two avoiding their gazes to meet. But Jeno is not that cold-hearted, of course it's Jaemin after all and he can't resist him at all cost. He is secretly glancing at Jaemin with his orbs.

"Yah! She's coming. Be ready Jaemin-ah!" Chani screamed and tapped his shoulder. "We're ahead of them."

"Fighting Nana!" Donghyuck and the youngsters scream. Behind them is Mark who just came.

When Lami came, Jaemin ran quickly and all he could think was to do his best.

"Wow, Jaemin hyung is fast! Woah!!!! GO JAEMIN HYUNG! JENO HYUNG SAYS HE LOVES YOU! WOOOOO!" Chenle shrill and shook Jisung whose face was triggered because he didn't expect that Jaemin could run fast like that, he's like a bull and because of Chenle's voice.

"Oh crap! Chenle you little-" Donghyuck hissed.

"Yah! You shouldn't say that!"

"Why? It's true that Jeno hyung loves him. It's platonic love."

"No it's not. We both knew that it's not platonic." Donghyuck pinched him. "And Lami was here. She heard that." He whispered.

Chenle rolled his eyes. "That's even better."

"Chenle."

"What? Did I say something wrong? I'm just encouraging him, who knows."

"You did great my boy." Renjun said and ruffled his hair.

Jeno's eyes are fixated on Jaemin and he's watching him carefully. He already knows that he can run fast but he wants Jaemin to be careful too. Jaemin made it to the last round and he almost tripped but he managed to stand still and smile.

"Aish."

Even though he's sulking, he couldn't keep smiling too when he saw that pretty smile of Jaemin.

Atlast, he made it and it's Chani's turn now.

Jaemin caught Jeno staring at him before turning his back and made his way to Lami. He watched how Jeno gave her bottled water.

"Good job man! You impressed me." Donghyuck said and rubbed his shoulder but Jaemin didn't feel like he did a good job. Jeno didn't say anything. Everything he does, he was always there to praise him.

But he didn't today.

"Thanks." he can only mutter.

Jaemin was about to go when he felt someone pulled him and he realized that it's Jeno.

The latter is not looking at him, he just gave him a bottle of water and a hand towel before leaving. Jaemin couldn't even mutter a word as well.

The rest of the activity, they managed to become number one and they won in the end. Of course, the one who really felt the overflowing happiness is their leader, Huang Renjun and because of that, he received a kiss on both of his cheeks from Jisung and Chenle. They rest for a bit before proceeding to take their lunch.

Jaemin was bothered, is Jeno really planning not to talk to him all day? He's a bit annoyed with himself because he didn't explain that he didn't mean it to happen this way. Jaemin wants him to look into Lami too but not like this. Ignoring him.

He's upset, that's why he didn't take his lunch because his appetite disappeared.

Jaemin misses him so badly, but he can't say that because he doesn't have the guts to do it.

Jeno is taking care of Lami now, instead of him.

But he didn't know that Jeno's still stealing a glance of him when he's not looking.

Jeno is calm, yet his mood is out of the ordinary today. Lami noticed but chose not to confront him. She did, however, witness the two's unnoticed glances. They are doing the same thing without realizing it.

*

The next activity is called treasure hunting at the mountain wherein they will be going with their partners to hunt the oh so called treasure and the first pair who will come first at the top with complete treasure will be the winner with their team of course. Mrs. Jung prepared this. Mark will come along with Donghyuck and Chani, he begged Mr. Moon and since there's nothing to do for now, he let Mark go too.

Mrs. Jung explained the mechanics of the game before announcing them to start hunting and be careful on their way.

"I will be with Jaemin today. Is it okay?" Lami instantly speaks in the middle of walking.

They exchange glances, even though they are still curious why she would request that, Renjun nodded and Jeno didn't say anything. She's no harm but they're still unsure.

"If that's the case, then let's go." Jaemin said and led the way for Lami.

Renjun shrugged and pulled Jeno with him since he was still standing there while watching Jaemin leave with Lami.

Why did Lami suddenly ask to be with Jaemin today? Wasn't she in love with Jeno and this is the perfect time to be with him alone?

It's odd.

"Yah Jeno, are you mad at Jaemin?" the older ask.

"No. I'm just doing what he wants."

"But, you don't have to ignore him like this. I can see that he's not used to being ignored by you. Can you two make up?"

Jeno doesn't respond and continues walking, looking for the items on the list they need to find; Renjun sighs before following him.

"Renjun-ah, can we just follow them? I don't feel at ease. I don't care about winning."

There's an awkward silence between Lami and Jaemin at the moment, they're quietly looking for the clues around them. Honestly, it's hard to find some and Jaemin was so bad at this.

"Hey! I found the map!" Lami chirped so Jaemin came to her quickly.

"Woah! Already? You're cool Lami!"

"I am? Then, we should go now to look for the next treasure." Lami smiled and gave the map to Jaemin.

"Sure, I'll lead the way. I'm sorry, I'm not good at this thing."

"No, don't say that. You just think that way. Let's go!"

On their way, Lami is telling Jaemin about some random stories to keep the silent atmosphere away between them, because honestly it's not comfortable at all. Jaemin becomes comfortable around her too at that moment and they keep doing a good job together by finding the said items. Jaemin thinks that she's really a nice girl, maybe that's the reason why everyone around her can't resist her. She's way too nice.

"I'm tired. Let's rest a bit. We're almost there!" Lami said when she found a comfortable spot to relax and Jaemin nodded then sat beside her. Lami handed him a bottle of water and he thanked her for that.

Jaemin wants to ask her why she chose to be his partner today because his curiosity is slowly killing him. So, it's now or never.

"Uh Lami, why did you choose to be with me today instead of Jeno?" he asked carefully.

"Do I need a reason for that?" She joked and chuckled.

"No, it's not like that. I'm just curious."

"Well, I just want to ask you something." She said and looked at Jaemin. "What do you think of Jeno?"

"H-huh?" Jaemin was taken aback at her sudden question.

"I have liked him since I started studying high school not because of his handsome face but because of his warm heart. I was lonely that day and for me I have no worth and I almost gave up and planned to take my life. I think he saw me that day, crying hard and looked pathetic. He didn't say anything that day and he waited for me to stop crying and after I calmed myself, he handed me a handkerchief and smiled then he muttered 'fighting!' before he left me. That day, I started liking him and fixed myself. I don't think he still remembers, but that day was meaningful to me." She started smiling, Jaemin smiled too. Her story touches his heart, knowing that Jeno is like a ball of sunshine for him and Lami.

"I know, you like him too. Who knows, it's deeper than what I thought. And he likes you too. I'm not blind, I can see it." She tilted her head to look at Jaemin who seemed out of words.

"L-Lami."

"Jaemin-ah." Lami took his left hand and squeezed it. "Stop it. You should think about yourself too. I know you're not okay with it."

"I don't understand." Jaemin and look at Lami carefully.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice earlier. I shouldn't have asked you that day." Lami glanced at his hand and squeezed it again before looking back at him. "Thank you Jaemin, for thinking about my feelings too. We just met but you're acting like I'm one of your close friends too to think about how I feel. I'm very thankful for that and for meeting you. I like Jeno, but it's just that. I'm not the one for him."

"Lami." Jaemin called her with a very soft voice and he squeezed her hand too.

"Just promise me to take care of him. He's precious. I'm so sorry if I hurt you."

"No, it's okay. I promise." Jaemin smiled.

"Thank you. Let's be friends. For real."

"I already consider you as my friend."

Both of them smiled and hugged each other. She felt relieved even though a part of Lami's heart is in pain for deciding to stop liking Jeno. But still, she's happy, knowing that Jeno's heart was already taken by someone with a soft and warm heart too and that is Jaemin. It was such a relief.

"Yes, we're done!" Lami hollered after they found the last item for the treasure hunting. "We should go now. I'm so excited to win."

"Okay! Let's do it. Be careful!" Jaemin reminds her, trying to be careful on walking because there's a hole beside them and he's afraid to fall into that creepy spot. What if there's a wild animal there?

Lami was about to run and she didn't notice the huge rock beside her out of the excitement she was feeling and caused her to trip and almost fall but Jaemin was fast and caught her.

"Oh my god!"

"Aish, I told you to be careful."

"Hehe. Sorry."

However, the rock where Jaemin was standing instantly cracked and fell down with him. It was so sudden so he didn't have a chance to scream. Jaemin's knee hit the ground and caused him a huge pain before passing out.

"Jaemin-ah!!" Lami's eyes widened.

There's no one around and it's a bit dark inside the hole. She didn't even know how deep it was and she couldn't hear Jaemin.

"Jaemin-ah! Are you okay? Jaemin! Are you there? Please answer me!" she screams and tears are starting to fall on her cheeks.

There's no one around, she doesn't have her phone either to call their teachers. All their items are with Jaemin so she can't call anyone. Lami felt hopeless.

"Jaemin said something! Please! Why are you not saying anything?! JAEMIN!"

"Lami? What happened?"

Lami turned her head and she saw Renjun and Jeno, it caused her to cry more. The two males noticed how her eyes looked terrified and a little relieved.

"Where's Jaemin?" Renjun asked

"Help me please. Jaemin fell down." she sobbed and tears started to fall again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 14.7K 16
✎ jaeno ! ☏ - in which jaemin gets a babysitter because of his bad behavior. started ↠ 2018.16.07 ended ↠ 2018.14.08
5.3K 157 15
Lee Jeno X Na Jaemin Jeno had been living in a foster home for his entire life. He liked it, but he wished he could get out and see the world more li...
75.2K 2.9K 21
jaemin didn't know why he was alive anymore. he couldn't live the way he was anymore but all jeno wanted to do was help him "jaemin, eat something pl...
433K 23.5K 66
When Jaemin transfers to a new school (an all boys boarding school, at that), he gets a very.. interesting roommate. ♡ ♡ Jeno has a wild reputation f...