She Belongs To The Billionair...

By HephziLolami

Billionaire's series ~ 1 Kara Wilson is your average twenty years old college student, striving to make... More

SBTTB
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue
Q and A

Chapter 4

174K 5.8K 195
By HephziLolami

Please click on the star ⭐ button below your screen. Enjoy reading and share❤❤

Kara’s POV

*
          “Can you please make it snappy?” The woman snarled from the entrance, her smoldering gaze burning into my every move as I tended to Marian.

“Yes ma’am.” I replied her with an eye roll, adjusting Marian’s legs in his stockings. In his bubbly mood, he battered on about what only he understood, uncaring of all the issues in the world — not that he had one. His drool stained my shirt but that was the least of my worries as I quickly tended to him.

He giggled and moved the rattle over my face when I wore him his other shoe, so I laughed and ducked my head to a side so he wouldn’t hit me with it. Marian was a chubby four months old boy and the son of British parents who were staying here in Italy as ambassadors of their country. They were living in a reserved estate at Castellammare Del Golfo, quite close to my Uni.

I was helping Adrian take care of him in replacement as his stay-in nanny till she gets back from her visit to her boyfriend’s place.

Marian shook his head, prompting the oil on his blonde hair to rub on my arm and through grey sparkling orbs which was identical to his mom’s, I realized he was inviting me for a play. He was a bubbly baby.

He also never cried like some babies — just slept —except when he wanted something and I refused him.

I wouldn’t have been surprised if someone told me I would love a baby like I did with him. Babies burped and it just nauseated me to no end but for some weird reason, I tolerated it all when it came to Marian. Someone cleared their throat just as I was combing his soft blonde hair.

Mrs. Duckling fixed me a pointed stare, “I am supposed to be at an important meeting with my husband and my secretary is already blowing my phone with calls.”

“I’m almost done, ma’am.”

“Well, make it damn snappy. My husband and I don’t have all day.” she snapped.

Like so many, she didn’t know how to fuss over a baby but behind those eyes somewhere, I knew she cared for her son. Her expression softened whenever she carried him in her hands, yet the life of a business woman seemed really hard for her.

I passed the boy to his mother and stretched out his baby carrier to her but after she faced me with a stern expression, I wordlessly carried it downstairs and into their car before they drove off.

So many would keep their babies at home with the help but Mrs. Duckling would never do that. Marian was a cute boy anyway, and Mrs. Duckling usually went out with a ‘help’ just to make sure she flaunted Marian’s beauty to the world even while on business trips. I wouldn’t blame her one bit because Marian definitely inherited his father’s good looking genes.

When I got back into my room or rather, Adrian’s room, I immediately called her, ranting her ears off about her boss’s ill behavior.

“I can relate but I promise I’ll be back before you know it.” Adrian assured me for the umpteenth time, reminding me that she was totally grateful for my help.

“Oh, I’m doing this just for you. Hope you find a replacement soon because I wouldn’t like to snap at your so-called boss. Moreover, you don’t really need the extra income since your brother gives you everything you need.” I complained.

“Your friend?” A deep voice called in the background and I heard clanking of plates before the face of Lucas, Adrian’s boyfriend came into view.

He loved her so much and they flaunted themselves to the extent that it sometimes made me jealous. They were a complete match made in heaven. I felt like purring when he kissed her tenderly and she all but melted into his arms.

“Hey.” I spoke softly. His eyes brightened when she leaned to the left for him to greet me.

“Hello Kara, how is your stay? Hope Marian isn’t too hard on you. My girl will be back soon and anyway, we’ll just be here for a little while longer.” He whispered and a sly wink followed.

I knew that wink. Did he want to keep her there for longer than she’d planned?

Well, that wasn’t my business, as long as she quickly found a replacement. Adrian didn’t necessarily need this work. She just liked being ‘occupied’ whenever we were on even the shortest breaks and she didn’t want to go to her home in US. Lucas pulled her into his arms, giving her a quick kiss that made her look dazed for a while before leaving her line of sight.

I pouted. “Love sick puppy. Get back here in time before I strangle them!”

“They’re really giving you a hard time. I’m so sorry for this.” Adrian spoke, the worry flooding her expression once again.

“No, don’t be, I’m handling it just fine. Just find me a replacement.”

“I will. How’s mom?” The change of topic brought a smile to my lips.

“Hmm. She’s good and even better than she was during last holiday. I’ve been thinking...”

“That’s great.” She commented sarcastically after I stretched my proposal but didn’t say further, expecting me to clarify. I moved to the wardrobe and picked out two fancy tops to try them on. The Ducklings would be back from their journey in a few days but I didn’t have to stay here since there was nothing for me to do.

“What have you been thinking of?” she asked impatiently after more silence ensued.

“Maybe I should get a job as an intern in a fashion company as an economist or I should lean more into the finance sector?” I tried the first top which was colorful Chiffon, pulling at the arms. It was supposed to be floppy with the butterfly shape at the both sides.

“Why?” She asked. I pulled the top off and tossed it in the laundry basket far away, doing a victory dance when it landed right inside the basket.

“Er… that’s what I’m currently studying?”

‘No, I mean, why now? We’ll be in final year soon and you know what our course is like. Do you need that stress at the moment? Seriously?”

“Well, I can’t wait to leave that house with my mama after getting a job and learning the ropes about the business world but won’t be possible if I don’t have money.”

“Girl, why do you want to leave? What are you even saying?!” Adrian didn’t bother hiding the panic in her voice. Heaving a tired sigh, I plopped on the bed and faced the ceiling, picking my phone up to give her my total attention.

“Guess what could even be wrong.” I scoffed.

“Gonzalo the pest asked you out again?”

I snickered. “No, that idiota still keeps disturbing me for a date and a peck. I’m so tired of him.” I chuckled, remembering how young master caught us the other day.

“He can’t be the one then. Did your mom say she wants to go back to her home town and you’re suddenly worried that she won’t be staying at the mansion and working anymore?” she asked thoughtfully.

“No!” I sputtered in defense, shock evident on my face. “My dear ma isn’t that old that she’d want to go back to Venice. Moreover, there’s no one there to go and stay with. She’d left there with my dad immediately she had me.” I explained in an exasperated breath.

“I didn’t say she was old. Stop exaggerating.”

“You implied it. What do you mean by her wanting to go there...it’s not like she misses her town people or something!” I glared at her face on the screen, muttering stupida under my breath.

“I’m out of options. Just tell me.”
“Alright, I’m leaving because of her boss.” This girl could be lenta (slow) sometimes, like now.

“Which boss?” she finally asked. I knew there was a reason she was looking so dumb before.

“Which other boss do you know we have?”

She looked at me, her mouth hung open before groaning so loudly. “Wait, don’t tell me you really want to leave that handsome and yummy bachelo-”

“Sí.” I rubbed my temple in obvious irritation at the mere thought of mama’s boss. I could practically see his cold eyes glaring at me and even though I hated to admit it, the man still intimidated me even when he wasn’t around. I needed to be confident because the spineless me wouldn’t be able to take some steps I intended taking.

Going out of my way to search for job when he promised mama to take care of everything regarding my academics and financial needs was a bold step for me and the more important thing was that mama mustn’t find out about it. She would think I was being ungrateful. Hell! I had enough money in my account to last me three years even if I suddenly decide to be the prodigal child!

“Why would anyone want to leave him?” She finally screeched.

“Eww. You said it as if we’re dating.” I curled my lips up in distaste. Sitting down properly, I gave her a serious look.

“But he’s your handsome boss and pays you cool cash, you idiot!”

“Yes but-”

“Why would anyone want to leave him? He pays your school fees you bitch!” Adrian snarled playfully, repeating her previous words. I chuckled at her obliviousness. Adrian had only read about him in the papers yet she was acting as if he was her older brother and needed to be saved from an ungrateful brat like myself. If anyone needed saving here, it was definitely my pathetic self.

“I don’t know how to explain it Adrian. I just don’t like him.” Even from the phone camera, her stare was unnerving. She was looking intently at me, as if trying to figure me out.

“Spit it out already...”

“Fine. He’s kind of intimidating. He glares at me often and talks very coldly, but he’s hypocritical and won’t throw glares when others are present. That makes me feel very uncomfortable.” I huffed like a little girl who wasn’t having things her way and Adrian cackled for a good couple of minutes. 

“Ha! I never knew the day would come when someone would intimidate you.” She giggled, causing me to release another snort. She was really into my boss, or so it seemed. I got up and looked around her room with my phone now close to my face as I held it high. My job here for the day was done, that was at least till the Ducklings returned. Just then, a growl resounded in the room and I looked down at my stomach.

“You know what? I’ll talk to you later. I need to get something in my tummy.”

“Alright, love you babes.”

“Ti amo.” I made pout and ended the call.

...........

A/n: Hi. How did you like the chapter?

There's fun in the next chapter so be on the lookout. Help me add this book to your library if you haven't. Kindly vote, comment and also share with your loved ones.

Thanks and ILYSM!

Your girl,
Hephzibah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 6.5K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...
4.7K 482 17
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...
155K 7.7K 53
Billionaire's series~ 5 After an unfortunate event that threatens her life and that of her siblings, Rosa Matteo has no choice but to run away from h...
671K 24.1K 92
Demetrius Andino Nikolaos is the notoriously cold CEO of Nikolaos Industries, unrivaled in the business world. Raised as the successor of his father'...