One Last Summer (Dylan O'Brie...

By aajscribbles

Life was a fairytale for just one night A More

One Last Summer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Importante!
Chapter Twenty-one (Epilogue-ish)
Broken Together
New Story!!
Random OLS oneshots??
25th February, 2014
13th June, 2014
8th March, 2014
15th March, 2014
17th March, 2014
1st April, 2014
8th April, 2014
21st June, 2014
30th December, 2017
7th August, 2026
TYSFM!!
I'm sorry!!!

Chapter Sixteen

5K 112 23
By aajscribbles

Alex’s POV

“I'm so sorry. I don’t know why I did that. Can we forget it happened?” Dylan said when he was done kissing me.

Yeah, kissing me.

I nodded and smiled at him. “Forget what happened?” I said smiling at him.

He returned the smile and we made our way back to the table and just talked until it was time to do home.

“What are you doing for the summer?” Dylan asked when we were at my door. “Nothing.”

“Do you want to come the summer cottage?” He asked nervously?

“Why?”

“I want you to. It would be just like old times.”

"All of a sudden?"

"I have no one to go with Alex. Besides we always go together."

"It's because Ashley can't go with you right?"

"Can I just please have my best friend there with me? Like I said; it would be just like old times."

I smiled and nodded.

“Fine Dylan I’ll go with you. When do you want to leave?”

“I’ll come pick you up tomorrow morning and we’ll drive up there.”

“Sure, I’ll see you. Goodnight Alex.”

There was a painful silence before he nodded, awkwardly hugged me and turned away. I stood on the porch and waited until he drove off to go inside.

This was going to be a very interesting summer.  

 *** 

Dylan's POV

We’d been at the summer cottage for two weeks and it was painfully awkward because even though I suggested we forget the kiss that happened it hung between us like Judas hung from a tree when he killed himself.

One night Alex and I were on the couch watching re-runs of Friends when everything changed.

"Why did you invite me here?" Alex asked all of a sudden.

"Huh?" I asked without my eyes leaving the small TV screen in front me.

"Why did you invite me here?" I looked at her and she had a determined look on her face.

"Uh, because you're my best friend and we always spend summer here."

"No Dylan. Don't feed me shit. We both know, you even said so yourself; you were gonna ask Ashley to spend the summer here with you."

"Ashley broke up with me."

"So, I'm just door number two then?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you ignored and embarrassed your best friend when she warned you about Ashley. Then, when Ashley up and left you turn to her."

"It's not like that Alex..."

"Dylan, I'm tired of having to clean up after everyone's mess."

"Alright, now you're starting to sound like a fortune cookie. English please." She sighed and ran her hands through her hair.

I still hadn't believed she cut it so short.

"I mean I'm tired of warning you, you completely doing the opposite then, when everything goes wrong, I have to help clean up the mess."

I could not believe this was how she actually felt.

"Well I never asked you to warn me nor did I ask you to clean up my mess. Why do you even care so much anyway?"

"Because I love you."

"Say what?" I asked and she got up and walked over to foot of the stairs.

"You heard exactly what I said."

I walked over to her. Every step I took towards her, she took a step back; until she hit the wall behind her.

"For how long?" She shrugged.

"A little over four years."

"Four years!?" I asked a little too loudly and she jumped.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why did you kiss me at the dance after graduation?" She asked completely avoiding my question. 

"Because I love you."

"Eh?" She asked and I laughed.

"I didn't realize I did until you started going out with Caleb and we stopped talking to each other."

"You stopped talking to me. And what stopped you from doing something about it then?"

"Because I thought I was in love with Ashley and that you won't be into me."

"So... you magically grew the balls to kiss me at the dance?"

"Exactly, Ashley had broken up with me and I was certain how I felt about you."

"So, you made a move because Ashley dumped you. So again, I was number 2."

I sighed and closed the distance between us.

"Look, I'm sorry okay."

I said cupped here face in my hands.

"I was stupid. But I'm Dylan, what did you expect?" She laughed and looked up at me with those brown eyes that I loved.

"You do have a point."

"You know how many times I've thought of kissing you since the dance?"

"What was stopping you?" She asked.

I brought her face closer to mine and just as my lips were about to touch her's there was a loud knock on the door. I groaned.

"Don't move, I'll be right back." I said to her and walked tinge door.

"Dylan, baby!" Ashley squeaked when I opened the door.

"Ashley what the hell are you doing..." 

She jumped on me and started kissing me before I got the question out.

I instinctively kissed her back for a second before I realized what I was doing.

I tried pushing her off but Jesus, she was strong. Eventually, I got her off.

"What are you doing here Ashley?"

She smiled at me. "I'm here to see you Dyl, I wanted to talk. What the hell are you doing here?"

I frowned, "Well, this is my family's summer cottage."

"Not you, you?" She said angrily pointing at Alex.

"Uh, I was just leaving actually."

Alex's POV

He is going to kiss me again. Dylan is going to kiss me again.

Just as our lips were about to connect there was a loud knock on the door.

You've got to be kidding me!

Dylan groaned "Don't move. I'll be right back." He said before going to answer the door.

When he opened the door he was attacked by Ashley who jumped on him and started kissing him.

What was worse? Dylan was kissing her back.

I could not believe it. Ashley brought me back to the uncomfortable reality I was currently trapped in.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Uh, I was just leaving actually." I turned and headed up the small flight of stairs.

I got into the room I was staying and started stuffing my clothes into my suitcase. I wasn't moving fast enough. I

went into the bathroom for my toothbrush but I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Where the hell is my toothbrush?" I asked myself bursting into tears.

I started tumbling around the room. I needed my toothbrush.

Dylan came up a few minutes later.

"Hey Alex, I just got rid of....." his voice trailed off when he realized what I was doing.

"What are you doing?" 

Sixteen chapters already.

I think I may have just about two more so thanks for reading and sorry I updated so late.

The next one will come on Wednesday (at least).

Seriously though, thank you so much for reading <3

I will now go drool over the season premiere of Teen Wolf!!

I love all your sexy faces!!

More so, I love Dylan O'Brien.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 2K 24
A story of my unrequited love for my best friend that resulted in an accident that led me to not remember anything ever again. ~EcLiPsA🌙
1.6K 30 32
Who would believe that just one kiss could change the course of your life!
114K 2.3K 69
When a four-year friendship turns into a forever relationship. [UNDER EDITING]
244K 3.4K 16
Just some cute imagines about my babe, Dylan O'Brien