Hybrid (Rewritten)

By paramyh

Taylor is the daughter of a vampire and a human which resulted in her walking under the sun. A hybrid. A frea... More

Hybrid (Lesbian Story)
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Epilogue
A Sequel!

Twelve

12.3K 519 26
By paramyh

"Knightley." A voice called. She turned and saw Cassandra lurking in the shadows.

"What is it, Aylwin?"

The brunette let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm just worried."

"You know, everyone here was being trained to fight, right? Even the servants? And you are a formidable fighter."

"It's... not that."

It was the first time she saw the woman nervous. She had always looked calm and collected, confident, a bit cocky, but never nervous. The older vampire chewed on her lower lip.

"What's on your mind?"

"I'm worried... about my brother," she confessed. She stared at her softly, a sympathetic smile on her face. She walked toward her and took her arm to sit with her.

"Your brother, from what I gathered, is a capable warrior. And his subordinates adored him, they won't let anything happen to their count."

"I know that!" She exclaimed, "But, Taylor, we're fighting against humans, and silver is easily acquired. What if... If..."

She put an arm over her friend's shoulder, squeezing it lightly. Taylor didn't have many friends since she transferred from one school to another, and her schoolmates looked at her with disdain. The only friends she had were Kyle and Jean. She was grateful for having to meet Cassandra, who may have hit on her the first time they talked, and it pained her to see her like this.

"Do you want to go? To your brother, I mean."

"No... I... I can't."

"Why not?"

Cassandra's eyes suddenly flicked up and she saw it dilate before turning away. But she caught her line of sight and saw Kyle, who was carrying Jean to her room.

"Oh, oh that's why."

Her friend shoved her a bit, glaring. "One word to him and I will..."

"What? Burn me to the sun?"

"Shut up, Knightley."

"He's single, you know."

And that earned her another shove from her friend.

She asked Kyle to come with her to the city for her surprise to Andrea. The boy obliged, in exchange for some information.

"So, what's the deal with you and Cassandra?" He suddenly asked as she looked around for a decent place to take her soulmate.

She raised a brow at him. "What do you mean? We're friends, and she's one of my trainers if Frank is unavailable."

Kyle squinted his eyes at her. "You two seemed pretty close."

"She saved me once, and has been a friend ever since."

"So, there's nothing going on with you?"

"You know I'm mated with Andrea, right?"

The boy shrugged. "Who knows, maybe you have a side... thingy."

She punched him lightly on the shoulder as she glared at him. "There's nothing going on between us. You know—" she stopped talking when she saw something from the window of a store.

"What?"

"Let me just... I need to get that."

"Are you—"

"No, not yet. Come on."

After the purchase, Kyle began asking him questions about Cassandra it almost drove her mad.

"How old is she?"

"A hundred and twenty."

"What's her favorite color?"

"Purple."

"Does she have allergies?"

"She's a vampire, Kyle, we don't get allergies. Although silver could hurt her."

"Is she a dog person or a cat person?"

"More like a bat person."

"What kind of music does she listen to?" She turned and faced her cousin, holding him on both of his shoulders.

"Listen, Kyle, you gotta be the one to ask her that. Just ask her out."

"Do you think she'd say yes? What if she likes you?"

She smiled at her cousin. "She doesn't like me that way. And I can guarantee you she'd say yes."

"Andy, my love, come on, get up," she coaxed her soulmate who simply snuggled closer to her, her warm breath fanning her skin. She kissed the top of her head as she brushed her fingers on her arm.

"Five more minutes."

"Please? I have... something planned for us."

"What have you planned for us to be awake this early?"

"My love, it's almost noon. Please?"

She huffed as she kissed Taylor on her cheek.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"I know," she answered before pulling the girl to the shower.

"What are we doing here?" Andrea asked as she eyed everyone on the street.

"We are here for our date. I found a restaurant you'd like."

"And you?"

She smiled shyly at her. "I've been training myself to eat food. I can hold them down for like, an hour, as long as it isn't heavy. Also, a vampire from the clan owns it."

"Oh, okay."

They walked towards the establishment but before they could enter, she could Andrea's agitation and she couldn't help but feel worried.

"What's wrong?"

"It's... nothing." Her eyes flicked in one direction and she saw Evangeline with a couple of other girls. She tightened her grip on her hand.

"I won't let them hurt you, I promise."

She tried not to get the other girl's attention but she did. Evangeline smirked as their eyes met. She began to walk towards them.

"Hey, Tay," Evangeline greeted seductively and it took everything in her not hiss at her. Andrea tensed beside her but she squeezed her hand reassuringly, making circles at the back of her hand.

The brunette's gaze landed on Andrea. "So, still hanging with the freak."

She snapped her eyes at her, glaring and her soulmate had to pull her to keep her from attacking to other girl.

"I told you don't call her that, or do you need a reminder?" She said through her clenched teeth.

"She was nothing, Tay. You're far better without her."

"One more word against my girlfriend, and you will regret it," she said in her low, vampiric tone. The girl visibly shook.

"Your what now?"

"My girlfriend. Stay away from us, Evangeline," she said before pulling Andrea toward the restaurant where she made reservations. The maitre'd recognized her and smiled.

"Ms. Knightley, welcome, please follow me."

They followed the woman and sat there near the window. They looked over the menu and she saw how Andrea's eyes widened.

"Tay, this is too fancy."

"Being a countess does have some perks."

"Good day, my ladies. Welcome to Moonlight. I'm delighted to assist you today. Shall I take your order?" A waiter smiled.

"I'd be having a shrimp cocktail, spinach, and strawberry salad, and grilled filet mignon. And a glass of wine," Taylor said with a knowing look. The waiter smiled, acknowledging what she meant.

"And for the other lady?"

"I... uh."

"You can order whatever you want, Andy."

"I'm just not used to this."

"I'm sorry if the date I planned was a bit... too fancy. I just—" A hand reached out to hold hers, making her stop.

"It's okay. I... I appreciate this, really." She smiled and looked at the menu again. "I think I'll have the mushroom soup, Caesar salad, and the seared salmon. White wine would be nice."

"Excellent choices, my ladies." The waiter gave Taylor a curt bow before leaving.

"I can't believe you," Andrea started.

She looked at her smiling, but a little confused. "Why?"

"You are on the verge of war against your uncle, and here you are taking me on a date."

"Just because I have a responsibility as the countess doesn't mean I'd forget my responsibility to you as your mate."

Their order arrived and they both engaged in a lighter topic. For a while, Taylor's mind wasn't on the threat of her uncle, but on her soulmate, and the future they wanted together.

"I always wanted to be a painter, so maybe I'd take a course in arts," Andrea said.

"Is that why you were always sketching on a pad?"

The girl blushed. "Yeah, it is."

"What do you usually draw?"

"I... I used to sketch landscapes, but... recently, I've been sketching you."

"Me?" She wasn't able to hide the surprise in her voice.

Andrea's color deepened. "I, uh, yeah, I did. Just some sketches of you reading, or staring into spaces."

She grimaced. "You really captured me brooding, huh?"

"Kinda." Her soulmate smiled at her, and everything else faded.

Taylor fidgeted in her seat as she played with the box in her pockets. They just finished eating and were currently drinking wine. Well, wine for Andrea and blood for her.

"Andy... I have something to give you." She pulled out a box and opened it. A gold band with a single diamond adorned it. "I know it's too early for an engagement ring, but... This is a promise ring. One day, I will marry you and we'll make our future together. I'm yours, Andrea. I love you."

Andrea's hand went to her mouth as tears fell on her eyes. She held out her other hand and Taylor put the ring on her. The blonde leaned in and kissed her over the table.

"I love you, too, Taylor. And I am yours, forever and always."

It was already dark when Taylor and Andrea walked hand in hand as they returned home. She could hear a commotion from the castle making her frown.

They were near the gate when her senses heightened, making her tense. She looked around and found nothing but she knew something was wrong. Andrea felt her worry.

"What is it?"

"Get inside, now."

"Go." She pushed her through the other side of the gate. Damon and Grace put up some wards around the castle, making sure that no uninvited people—vampires and humans alike—could get in. Once she was certain Andrea was inside, she closed the gate behind her.

"Taylor!"

"Get inside the castle. Now." She had never used her vampire voice on her, and she looked at her apologetically when she saw her shiver at her tone.

"No!" She screamed as she tried to run back to open the gate.

"Get in, now!"

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? A vampire protecting a subjugate?" A vampire emerged from the darkness.

She turned and saw him. He was her mother's spitting image.

"Adrian," she spat.

"Is that the way to greet your uncle? And your Count?"

"You are only one of those two."

Andy, get inside now. Please. I need you safe, she pleaded through the girl's mind. Her soulmate hesitated. She knew Andrea would never leave her side, but right now she needed to know she was safe. More vampires came out of hiding, prompting Andrea to run inside the castle.

She let out her fangs and all hell broke loose. Vampires came from every direction. She tried to fend them off, throwing and punching as much as she could, but she was far too outnumbered.

Something hit her head really hard, making her fall to her side.

"You're too weak," was all she heard before everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860 4 19
She has grown up, always being watched over, always getting pushed around, never getting a second to breathe... She even has to prepare how to become...
431 16 12
This is my Vampire series my very first one, This is where two twin girls who poses different traits and abilities find their way but you have to rea...
130K 6K 27
Originally titled Blood Moon Left in the dark about her past or where she belonged, Kaliska life was about to get a whole lot dark and messier. N...
1K 25 43
about a girl called Abagail Salvatore who falls in love with Kol Mikaelson and finds out that her blood is the cure for vampires. Sorry for spelling...