Apartment No.4

By shortycharlotte

#1 Teen Fiction - 25.04.18 {Completed} "No one has ever spoken to me like that." "And why is that? Because yo... More

Introduction
Part 1: Moving In
Part 2: Rough With Words
Part 3: Frustrations
Part 4: Goody Two Shoes
Part 5: Ditch Woman
Part 6: Wicked Mates and Bad Boy Dates
Part 7: Stanley, is that you?
Part 8: Comedy gone Horror
Part 9: Just Friends?
Part 10: Well, You're New.
Part 11: Keys and Kisses
Part 12: Dark Shadows
Part 13: Morning Outings
Part 14: Vulnerable State of Mind
Part 15: Words
Part 16: Invitations
Part 17: Masquerade Hell
Part 18: A Whole New Person
Part 19: Drunken Accidents
Part 20: Headaches with no Hangovers
Part 21: Awkward Kissing
Part 22: Splotchy Purple Mark
Part 23: You're giving me a Heartattack
Part 24: Macy
Part 25: Claire Murphy
Part 26: Returning Home
Part 27: Miss Wealthy
Part 28: Apologies
Part 29: Caught in the Rain
Part 30: Untimely Happy Memories
Part 31: Party Rockers
Part 32: I Hate People
Part 33: You're... You're... An idiot
Part 34: Phlegm Street £30k
Part 35: Doctor Doctor
Part 36: Working Class Man
Part 37: Piles of Files
Part 38: Or worse, expelled.
Part 39: I love you
Part 40: Pregnant
Part 41: Confessions
Part 42: You said
Note
Part 44: You love me; it's the rules.
Part 45: Back again.
Twitter Account
Part 46: A very important question
Part 47: Bombshell bang!
Part 48: Big Boy Toys
Part 49: Engagements
Part 50: Dramatics
Soon Soon!
Part 51: BODMAS
1 MILLION READERS
Part 52: Travis
Part 53: Plan of Attack
Part 54: Fool me once
Part 55: Choc Chip Panic-cakes
Part 56: The Answer
Part 57: Sticks and Stones
Part 58: Lack of Judgement
Bit of Fun
Part 59: Hi, You've Reached...
Part 60: Uhh yes?
Part 61: Flash Flash - 1
Part 63: Ooh baby baby!
Part 64: Disco Dancing
Part 65: Complications
Teen Fiction #1
Part 66: If I Told You I Missed You
Part 67: Strings of my Heart
Part 68: All It Takes
Part 69: At Last
Epilogue
Q&A Part 1
Q&A part 2
The Fiction Awards
Sequel
ALL IT SEEMS
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Stop saying all lives matter

Part 62: Flash Flash - 2

119K 4.6K 785
By shortycharlotte

Hey guys! Another chapter out! Keen as a bean!

Housekeeping: excuse any spelling errors I rushed through proofing this cause I wanted to get it out.
ALSO I need to remind everyone (because people don't read my bio) I don't take read requests, I know, I wish I could but I don't have the time and if I read one I have to read them all. Nothing against you or your work, I just don't. Read my bio for more details!

Don't forget to PM me your questions, that chapter is looming and I've only got about a page or so of questions, so send me absolutely anything!

Don't forget to check out my NEW BOOK 'Secrets and Lies' on my page, first chapter is already up and the rest will be published once Apt 4 is done!

Love you guys!

Flash Forward
"Yeah, they look good," appraised Mel as I tied balloons in lots of threes to those sparkly concrete rocks that cost £5 each that hold balloons to the floor - what a waste of money.

Mason had demanded that I was on sit down duty - even though he was being ridiculous and I was perfectly fine. I understood where he was coming from though, he was scared that the slightest movement would pop our balloon but hey, at least I got the best job.

By lunch time, we'd ordered pizzas and were chilling in the living room watching an episode of something or rather on the tv.

"What time are people coming round tomorrow?" Asked Mason from his place on the floor by my feet.

"7:30," replied Mel as she looked about the room, ensuring everything was in place and perfect. "I think we should move the banner up a little more," she said.

"No!" We all cried in unison.

Flashback

"But I want to marry you," He whined, his mouth going all pouty like he was a child who was told he can't have a chocolate bar.

"I want to marry you too," I laughed, biting my lip to stop from grinning. How did such a difficult situation become so exciting!? "Wait, this isn't the point of our conversation,"

"Oh right," he took a deep breath, "so, what are we gonna do?"

I didn't really need much time to think about it. I couldn't bring myself to kill our little jellybean, even with what happened to Mason's cousin, I only offered the suggestion in case he really didn't want to have a child now. I don't think I could go through with it, even if he had said yes.

"We're gonna be parents," I whispered, a tear drifting down my cheek quickly and landing on our clasped hands.

"Dear god, please let me be a good dad," prayed Mason with a chuckle at the end. There was light in his eyes, a small fire that was burning deep down just like our little catapiller who would soon bloom into a butterfly.

He gently tangled his fingers into the hair at the nape of my neck and pulled me to him in a loving kiss.

"Did you see me at the supermarket the other day?" I asked when we parted though only keeping a short distance between us.

"At the supermarket? When you stepped in that massive puddle?" He smirked, and I hit his arm playfully.

"You didn't try to talk to me," I frowned and he chuckled a little, lifting his thumb to grab my chin to stop me from frowning.

"I didn't want to make everything worse, I figured you needed space and me confronting you at the shops car park wasn't a great idea."

I nodded, understanding where he was coming from.

"When do we tell people? When should we tell Claire?"

Flash forward

Mason and I had to leave Mel and Cams to go to our ultrasound appointment at the doctors office in town.

Lying on the reclining bed with my long sleeve shirt hiked up to my boobs and my jeans unbuttoned disconcertingly low, I tried not to shiver at how uncomfortably cold it was in the room.

The nurse who brought us in told us she'd crank the heater up... but I think she might've been joking.

Mason sat in the arm chair beside me, his elbows resting on his knees as he jigged one of his knees up and down in anxiousness.

"Mason,"

"Mm?" He looked up at me, his lips in a tight line and his eyes a little panicky.

"What's wrong? Why are you freaking out?" I asked, my arm resting behind my head to accomodate for the angle.

"I'm not, I'm just nervous," he ran his fingers through his hair, leaning back and crossing his arms as though to say 'come off it, I'm acting totally normal'. Although, his knee continued to bounce.

"What about?"

"I dont know, just am."

There was a knock at the door before our doctor entered and I swear I heard a small sigh of relief as Mason noticed our doctor was female.

Not gonna lie, if it was doctor Ross - touch wood - I would've jumped out the window.

"How are we today, Ashley?" She smiled down at me. She was a middle aged woman with greying short, blonde hair and had the charisma of my Aunty Edith. I already loved her.

"I'm great, didn't throw up this morning so that's a start!" She laughed and proceeded to cover her hands in blue latex gloves and squeeze a cool gel onto my stomach.

"You're the boyfriend, Mason, correct?" She nodded towards Mase and he nodded in return.

"Nice to meet you," He said politely, though his eyes hardly left my stomach for more than a second. It was as though he was scared it was going to pop like the balloons at Mel's apartment.

"Right, if you look at the screen you'll be able to see a small blob, about the size of a fingernail, and that, is your baby," she pointed with her pinky to the wavy grey screen to show us a little jellybean.

Mason stood from his chair, resting his arm above my head and staring at the screen in awe.

"I've recorded that onto the screen so I'll leave you to watch that for a bit while I go look at some details," she smiled down at me and then held back a laugh at Mason's face as he gawked at the screen.

She left quietly, leaving the two of us and our jellybean.

Mason hadn't taken his eyes from the screen, and I hadn't taken my eyes from Mason.

He was gobsmacked and it brought a flutter to my belly.

His open mouth slowly turned to a beaming smile. I felt a searing hot drop of water on the top of my belly and looked from the screen back to Mason to see he had two tears on his cheek.

"Mason," I coaxed gently, reaching up and just grazing my finger tips against his jaw before he jerked back, leading his throat and rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry, I uh, I'm just happy... so... so happy." His voice was a little shaky but mostly controlled. "That's us, innit," he pointed to the screen, looking down at me. His smile was bright and I pulled him down to kiss me.

Flash back

"Well, when are we meant to hear more news about her surgery?" I questioned from my spot sitting on the counter as Mason made me us a cup of tea each.

"They said it could be anywhere between next week and about 6 weeks, but that's just details, her surgery might not be for another 6 months for all we know," he replied, dunking the teabags up and down in the mugs.

"Well, I doubt I'll be showing by then anyway... I say we give it until after her surgery, that should give us about two or three months right?"

"It depends really, why don't we just tell her when you are showing, kinda hard to not tell her then," he chuckled, passing me my steaming mug.

"Okay, cool." I blew on my tea which proved useless because I knew it was still going to be too hot. "Do you think it's a He or a She?" I asked, beaming and swinging my legs like a school child.

I was so bloody excited now that Mason knew, this whole time I'd been dreading and now I was keen as a bean.

"I reckon She," he nodded after a moment of thought, pursing his lips.

I pressed my fingers to my belly and closed my eyes as though it would help me feel.

"I think He, 100%," he raised his eyebrows, "I can feel it," I murmured like aunty Carol before we both burst out laughing. "In a way, I'm glad you found out the way you did,"

"Yeah?" He walked over to me to stand between my legs, his hands resting on the bench beside my hips while I played with the hair that had fallen on his forehead.

"Yeah, cause I had no idea how I was going to tell you," I sighed, pushing the curls up and meeting his eyes with my own.

"I was waiting for you to tell me, it was damn near torture... that's where I was you know," he ran his hands up my sides and settled on my waist.

"Where you were?"

"When I was 'fixing Cam's tires', I was actually at the store buying you a ring," his mouth turned up in that soft smile that makes me so happy. It's his smile, it's the smile he wears when we're sitting on the couch together and its raining and we're just talking. It's the smile he wore when he was at my house when he met all my family, and the smile he wore when he was playing with Malcolm.

"You're gonna be a great father," his eyes widened and he shook his head vigorously at my words.

"I'm not so sure, I've got this weird excited but terrified feeling about it," he gnawed his lip and subconsciously pulled me closer to him on the bench.

"I saw you playing with Malcolm, he loved it and so did you. You're going to be great,"

The chapters keep coming!

What did you think? Let me know xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 61.4K 82
Ashley Sunshine is ready to go off to college and start a new life since her high school experience wasn't...very fulfilling. Her college Richwood Un...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
3K 522 35
"I'm really tired of fighting and showing you how much I love and care for you, I know I don't deserve you, you deserve someone who'll always be ther...
133K 3.7K 97
************ I opened my locker but realized something was wrong the minute I looked inside it. Something like paint splashed in my face and on my c...