Dark Blood

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed}Lila has a secret. She has a muddy blood line that has her dealing with a deformations, ones that... More

One+
Two+
Four+
Five+
Six+
Seven+
Eight+
Nine+
Ten+
Eleven+
Twelve+
Thirteen+
Fourteen+
Fifteen+
Epilogue+
IF YOU LIKED THIS......

Three+

21.4K 1.2K 148
By AmberLeeH13

© Amber Kalkes 2014

 Song------------}

Three+

“Lila!”

My head snaps up at the sound of my name to see Edie slamming down the house phone on the receiver. Since I refuse to carry a cell phone since it just shorts out on me after I feed, I just don’t even bother with the contraption. Instead she keeps it here in case of emergency and I leave notes when I do decide to leave. This time though I can see she was extremely worried though I don’t get why. It’s not like I can’t protect myself.

Edie runs towards me and pulls me into a hug. I tense as her hands land on my back but she doesn’t seem to notice in her rush to see if I’m okay. She pulls back and studies me a minute, checking for any injury I realize, before pulling me back towards her.

“I was worried.” She breathes.

I chuckle a little, “ I noticed.”

“Where were you?”

I sigh and shrug, “I needed some time to…release.”

“The factory?”

“Yeah.”

She lets out an unsteady breath, “Well I’m glad your okay.”

“What do you think is going to happen to me, Edie? I’m practically a walking weapon.” I remind her with an eye roll.

“I’m allowed to worry about you, Lila, you’re my sister.”

“Not according to her.” I mumble.

“Lila,” Edie sighs, “She doesn’t understand and I don’t think she ever will no matter how much I try.”

“She’s not crazy.”

Edie kneads her forehead with her fingers, “I know that but she can’t get out of the asylum without someone to take her in and I’m not doing that to you. She’s my mom and I love her but she should love you the same no matter what abilities or extras you were born with, Lila. You and Nola will always come first.”

“Fuck, Nola.” I groan, “Is she okay?”

“Yeah. Mom scared her a bit but Nola’s smart she knows your not a bad person. In fact she seemed more worried about where you went then anything else.”

“What did you tell her?”

Edie smiles a little, “Told you went to your special place to think. So she decided to go think in her special place.”

“And where is that?”

“Under her bed.”

“Aren’t most kids her age supposed to be scared of the place under their bed?”

“Not our girl,” Edie grins, “She knows there’s nothing Auntie Lala can’t get rid of.”

I smirk, “Smart girl must get that from her father.”

Edie bats at my shoulder playfully before sighing as she sits on the couch. Her long blonde hair is braided over her shoulder and she’s now dressed in pink sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. She still looks great but then again she did inherit our mom’s effortless beauty.

“He called by he way.” She states with a smile.

 I settle into the chair across from her and sit cross-legged in the chair balancing my head in my palm on the armrest. “Jeremy? How’s he doing?”

Jeremy is Edie’s husband. He’s in the marine core on active duty. Since he’s in Special Forces we never know where he is or when he’ll call but when he does it’s always a breath of fresh air for Edie. She misses him more then she’ll admit but keeps a strong spine in the face of it all. Despite her husband, soul mate and lover millions of miles away she still keeps herself together. I can’t not admire her.

“He’s good. He’s hoping he can get leave in a month or so.”

I smile, “Well that’s good at least.”

“He asked about you.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Asked if you were doing okay. He worries about you, you know.”

I sigh, “Yeah, I know that.”

“Lila.” Edie says with a small glare working its way across her face, “I found the garden shears in the bathroom in the hamper. Care to explain?”

“No.”

“Damn it, Lila! I told you not to do it on your own! You could hurt yourself.”

“Pun intended?”

“I’m being serious here.”

I run a hand through my hair, “I know that.”

“Well?”

“It was needed.” I shrug.

“What happened to your lip?” she asks suddenly.

“Nothing.”

“You’re lying.”

“How do you know?” I snap.

“Your eyebrow is twitching.”

“Over observing cow.” I grumble under my breath.

She laughs lightly, “I heard that, brat. Now tell me what happened.”

“I fed.”

“How does that—“

“On a vampire.” I continue cutting her off.

Her mouth pops open. “How…can you do that?”

“I did so I’m going to go with yes on that.”

“How was it?” she asks after a second.

“Intoxicating.” I sigh in longing.

She tilts her head a little and grins, “It was a guy wasn’t it?”

I scowl, “What does that have to do with anything?”

“Nothing.” She shrugs then smiles evilly, “Or everything.”

“Your annoying.” I huff.

“Never pegged you as a fang lover, Lila. I must say I’m impressed.”

I scowl deeper, “Shut up.”

“No way!” she laughs, “This is golden!”

“Your annoying and I’m going to bed.” I snap.

She laughs harder, “Lila and fang-boy sitting in a tree S-U-C-K-I-N-G!”

I slam my door shut and growl into the darkness of my room. I feel my back twitch in agitation again as the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I don’t freak out or look around wildly, his glowing red aura is visible to me even in the dark and moonlight of my room.

“Really? Sneaking into my room? Do you have no pride?” I hiss angrily.

His dark chuckle fills the room, “Good to see you again too, Angel.”

“Oh fuck off and go fang bang a drunken college girl, Orin. I’ve had a too shitty of a day to deal with your bullshit.”

“I love how you say my name, Angel, especially when you’re mad at me.”

“Get out!”

“No.”

I flick my light switch up making the room light up. It’s a plain, average sized room with a twin-sized bed with blue-stripped sheets, a thick white comforter and two pillows on it. My walls are white with a few music posters and a few of my favorite song lyrics hanging on the wall by tacks. My desk is across my bed with a pea green plastic office chair with a small TV balancing on top with a DVD player on the side. Over my desk is a shelf with a DVD collection and a small figurine of a fairy my mom gave me on my sixth birthday.

It’s plain but its mine.

My eyes finally settle on Orin who is sitting on my bed with his elbows leaning on the back of the windowsill of the window above my bed. He’s still dressed in the outfit from before but I see a hint of the blue inked tattoos poke out from under the V-neck. My hands itch to run my hand over the reveled art but I clench them into fists instead. His legs are crossed at the ankles as his green eyes, that oddly remind me of lily pads, lazily glide over my body lustfully. I would gag but I’m too tired to even deal with the hassle of sarcastic gestures.

“What do you want?”

“I want to make a deal.”

“I don’t do deals.”

“Agreements?” he offers.

“No.”

“Arrangements?”

“No.”

“Friendly understandings?”

“Orin, get out before I make you.”

He grins showing fang, “You’re sexy when you hate me, Angel.”

“You’re a disgusting pervert.”

He snort, “Hardly, sweetheart, I am but a man with particular tastes.”

“What? Freaky girls who hate you? Maybe you should go back to ward, Orin. You may need professional help after all.” I say cocking my hip and crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirks as his eyes scan over my body again, “Yes very sexy.”

“Out!” I bark.

“Nope.”

“Fine.” I grit out.

I flex my fingers but that’s as far as I get before Orin has me pinned to the wall. We’re nose to nose making his aura and scent invade my senses. His breath is tickling my lips and I fight the urge to stick my tongue out like a snake and taste him. His hand is around my neck but it loosens before turning into a caress against the pale flesh there. His eyes move from my neck and meet my own wide-eyed and hungry gaze. My body is still humming from the feeling of our last feeding but still it craves more of him. It’s the power, I reason, it only craves the power he provides.

“Do you even realize how hard it is for me not to claim you? Do you realize how hard I’m fighting myself not to taste you right now? Should I explain?”

I gulp and shake my head, “I don’t want to know.”

A smirk slowly makes its way onto his face, “You sure, Angel? I’d be happy to tell you.”

“I’d rather you didn’t.” I croak then internally hit myself. Why do I have to sound so effected by him? Oh maybe because I am.

“You crave me too, Angel, admit it.” Orin whispers against my lips.

“No.”

He quirks a dark brown eyebrow, “Stubborn little thing aren’t you.”

“Let me go.” I order.

His head tilts until his lips caress the shell lobe of my ear, “Never.”

His tooth pierces the skin of my ear lobe and begins to suckle on the blood it beckons form it. He groans against my ear and I can’t stop the breathy moan I let out in response. The molten fire like feeling begins to build under my skin again and I can’t stop it once it’s begun. Everything he does, the caresses on my neck, the firm grip he has on my hip and the way his mouth works my ear lob like a damn violin is all making my knees wobble.

It simply isn’t fair.

He licks the area as soon as his fang retracts from the area making the burning no less hot as it glides through my veins. Achingly slow but wonderfully fulfilling all the same. This is bad; I realize in daze, this is so fucking bad.

“You taste like heaven, Angel, did you know that?”

I shake my head, too drunk off him to speak.

He chuckles, “I’m not done with you by a long shot, ceann beag.”

“What does that even mean?” I rasp with a small groan.

“What?”

“Whatever gibberish you were just spouting.” I clarify.

Ceann beag?” he repeats in a sinfully accented voice.

I nod.

“Means small one in Gaelic, Angel.”

“Your Irish?” I blurt then wince at how stupid that sounds.

He smirks licking my earlobe one more time, “Among other things.”

“Good for you.” I breathe.

He chuckles into my ear, “I’ve always thought so.”

“Good, now get out.”

He pouts playfully, “Your being cruel, Angel.”

“I thought you said it was sexy when I hate you.”

“Yes but not after I feed. Don’t you want to cuddle?” he teases.

I scowl, “Id rather cuddle with a rattlesnake, now get out.”

He tilts his head with a smile playing on his lips, “Aren’t you hungry?”

“No.”

“Liar.”

“Orin, you’ve had your fun, now get out.” I snap, sick of this game.

He clicks his tongue, “You’re right, I have had my fun, but I’m a give and take kind of guy. I feel a little selfish for not sharing my yummy life force with you in return.”

“Yummy?” I repeat trying desperately to keep the smile from my face.

“Mouthwatering.” He confirms with a pleased look in his eyes.

I lift a hand and grip the light brown hair of his messy Mohawk and bring his face closer to me. His eyes widen then narrow again as a self-satisfied smile ripples across his face. I tilt his head using the grip I have on his hair and land my lips on his without hesitation. Pushing his mouth open with my tongue I inhale the red seeping aura from his mouth and pull it into myself again. It tastes like he smells, like sandalwood and cinnamon. Exotic and yet like home.

When I’m finished I push him back from me with my shadows and he stubbles a bit obviously a little drained from the feeding. It’s not even the most I can take since kissing is pretty much the same amount of nutrition as him biting my earlobe. It’s just a taste. For me to feed fully from him we’d have to have sex and to be honest I’m not sure I can handle the amount of intensity that’ll bring.

Because if there’s one thing I don’t doubt with Orin it’s that the sex will be amazing.

“Satisfied?” I ask panting but keeping my expression annoyed.

“Not even close.”

“Well I am so leave.”

He opens his arms and pouts, “You sure about the cuddling? I’ve been known to cuddle a woman so well she’ll never crave another’s embrace.”

I shoot him a dry look, “I think I’ll pass.”

He shrugs with a grin, “Your loss, Angel.”

“Stop calling me that.” I snap.

“Fine.” He says with an eye roll, “Tell me your name then.”

“Lila.”

He mummers it to himself then shakes his head, “I like Angel better. It suits.”

“Whatever.” I sigh with a dismissive wave, “Now get out. I’m tired.”

He makes a show of bowing low, “As you wish, my lady.”

He makes his way out my window before turning to look at me from his perch on the fire escape outside. “Parting with such sweet sorrow.”

“Good riddens.” I say before shutting my window and locking it.

I don’t miss Orin’s face as he beings laughing before I shut my blinds as well over the view of his handsome face. I strip off my sweatshirt, leggings, and bra before slipping on some sleep shorts and a tank top. I crawl into bed and release my shadows to flick the light off for me since I’m too lazy to get up and do it myself. Smiling a little to myself I trace a finger over my earlobe.

Oh he’ll be back.

He’s becoming as addicted as I am.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lila is one fiesty succubus ain't she? How are we liking this story so far? 

By the way, I am aware that sneaking into a young woman's bedroom is a popular vampire move. What can I say? I like my vamps to be creepy stalkerish burglurs. Can't be helped i'm afraid. :P

I like hearing from you guys :}

Orin to the right-------------}

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 84.2K 57
[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 5| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ Maverick arched an eyebrow at me and asked, "Does t...
36.5K 1.4K 64
A tragic love story, about a werewolf who lost everything and a girl with no place amongst the humans, set in a world of war and Immortality. Through...
4K 242 56
When Mike Thornson applied to a 'special' high school, he never expected to be in a high school with creatures from the smoke of myths and legends, o...
55.5K 1.5K 49
Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never understand, for her life was anything b...