The True Happiness

By 1Dneverland

Hanna Evans is a normal girl with a huge love for books, instilled by her grandfather. Searching for somethin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Alex special)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Second Part - Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Alex)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 25

120 2 0
By 1Dneverland

November 7, 2009

10:37 p.m.

Today I went shopping. I don’t remember the last time I went shopping. The truth is that I wasn’t the one buying. Clara was the one who made purchases and Diana and I accompanied her while we took care of her brothers.

In the morning, about nine o'clock, I went to Diana’s bedroom. I was still wearing pajamas, but I had deigned to enter Audrey's house through the front door and not through the window. When I opened the door of her room I came across a freshly bathed and getting dressed to leave Diana.

She was only in her underwear, with still somewhat damp hair, looking for something to put on in her small closet. She pulled out a pair of tight black jeans and a pretty nice blouse, not too formal as to pretend that she had spent hours getting ready her clothes.

“Where are you going?” Those were the first words out of my mouth. Now that I think about it I would have liked to tease her a little. Something like: "Beware of the guy who sees you in your underwear." Or maybe: "Aren’t those jeans too tight?"

“Good morning, Niall,” she answered while putting her shoes on.

“Good morning. Where are you going?”

“I’m going to accompany Clara.”

She brushed her hair while she looked at me in the mirror's reflection.

“You were thinking to leave me here, alone?”

“I know you'll find something to do and that does not jeopardize your personal safety.”

“I wanted to spend the day with you, Diana,” I snapped angrily.

She put on a thin layer of lip gloss on her lips.

“So if you want to go with me, go get dressed,” she rolled her eyes.

She finished dressing while I waited for her leaning on the doorframe. When she finished I took her hand and forced her to accompany me to my house. She didn’t complain and just followed me as we climbed the stairs to my room. She sat on my bed while I was looking for something to wear.

“Have you thought about cleaning your room?” She asked, looking at the mess that I had in my room and the laundry on the floor. I shook my head.

“No, but you are welcome to do it.”

“Challenge accepted, Horan. But it will not be today as we have to leave in fifteen minutes.”

I put on my shirt and shoes and taking her by her hand I made her stand up in one smooth motion. I squeezed her against my chest as she tried to wriggle out of my grip.

“This is not fair. When I arrived I was almost your height and now I barely reach your shoulder. You cannot grow up that much in two months.”

“Well, it's not my fault you've shrunk,” I teased her and she frowned and then hit in the chest. With a sudden movement she slipped from my arms and looked at me with contempt.

“Don’t get mad. Also, I like this way. You look like a doll, my little doll.”

I wiggled my eyebrows and I winked at her. I took her by the waist and was I lifted her up so she was at my height. I leaned over to kiss her, but she turned her face. My lips crashed against her cheek and I looked at her reproachfully.

“Go brush your teeth, your morning breath stinks,” she said laughing.

“So we are like this. Okay, but don’t complain later.”

She showed me her little tongue in a childish act. I left my room and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and saw in the mirror's reflection, as Diana entered the bathroom. She sat on the side of the sink and leaned her cheek against my arm.

“Now do you love me?” I asked with foam in my mouth as I moved the brush over my teeth.

“I always love you, Niall. Although sometimes you are unbearable,” she said making her hot breath collide with the bare skin of my arm. A chill ran down my spine. I rinsed my mouth and spit.

“You know what’s good about you being my doll? That I can dress and undress you, preferably the second one.”

“Stop it. Your comments with double sense make me nervous,” she got off from where she was sitting.

“Nervous?” I smiled mischievously.

“Yes, Niall. Nervous.”

I opened my mouth to make another comment, but before I could say anything a car horn interrupted me. Diana looked at me, warning me not to say anything, and I raised my hands in defeat.

“They are here. Behave,” she left the bathroom and I followed her a few steps behind.

“I always behave,” I defended myself.

“Yeah, sure.”

Diana went downstairs before me, moving with agility to go down quickly. I heard footsteps behind me. I sighed. Three... Two... One...

“Where do you think you're going, Niall?” Dad asked me and I turned on my heels. He stood on the top step and looked at me disapprovingly. We already had this conversation enough times during the year for him to continue bringing it up again.

He doesn’t bear that I don’t integrate into his family life and I can’t stand his family.

“I will return to sleep,” I simple answered. I didn't have to give him explanations, he didn't deserve them.

“I didn't ask you that. I asked you where...”

Diana's sweet face interrupted him. She slimmed up the stairs and stood before me.

“Good morning, Mr. Horan. Hope you don't mind that Niall accompany me during the day,” Diana spoke softly. Her words came out of her mouth like velvet, stroking the air.

“No... I do not mind. See you in the afternoon,” dad scratched his head and I smiled.

“See you later, Mr. Horan,” she took my hand and pulled me to come down the stairs while I was staring at my father.

Before leaving the house I noticed that she wasn’t wearing a jacket or a coat. It's November and it could start to snow at any time. With a quick move I took my jacket off the rack. I probably wouldn’t be cold, because I had put on a long sleeve shirt, but Diana was not wearing more than just a simple shirt.

She opened the back door of the car and the first thing I heard was my name being called.

“Niall!” Skander smiled at me from the second row of seats of the Ford Explorer.

Diana and I sat in the last row and buckle our seat belts. Matthew was asleep in the baby seat. I couldn’t see who was driving, but was sure it was one of Christian Cohen’s bodyguards.

“Hi Niall,” Clara greeted me from the passenger’s seat.

“Hey.”

The ride was silent. Diana had her head resting on my shoulder and I looked through the window. I thought Skander had also fallen asleep and the only sound in the car was Clara's voice while talking on the phone.

When we arrived at Elmwood the car stopped in front of a store. The engine died and we climbed off the car. Skander was very hyperactive, holding Diana's hand as he jumped and talked. Now I know why Diana speaks so much... Matthew was half asleep and his legs tangled as he tried to walk unsteadily.

I took him in my arms and lift him to my shoulders. He softly grabbed my hair so he wouldn’t fall.

“What are you doing?” Diana asked me looking how I hold Matthew’s little legs to keep him in place.

“He can hardly walk… It’s ok.”

There were shops on both sides of the street and everyone seemed very peaceful as they walked through the streets. Clara was talking to a girl who didn’t exceed twenty-five years. She was holding a folder and writing something on her phone. She seemed completely comfortable with her six-inch heels and pencil skirt up above her knees.

Blond hair and hazel eyes. Her hair loose and lips with a layer of gloss.

I squinted to read what the folder she was holding said. "Cohen’s party." She was an event organizer. I rolled my eyes and concentrated on the girl next to me. Diana walked with short steps beside me. I slid my finger tips through her arm towards her hand and intertwining her fingers with mine.

“Niall,” Diana called me.

“What?”

“That guy has been watching me for the last ten minutes,” she looked carefully over her shoulder.

I looked and indeed there was a guy looking at her. He looked at me and I glared at him. He smiled before giving Diana one last look and continue his way.

“You sure you didn’t know him?”

“Not that I remember.”

For nearly two hours we walked down the street, from store to store, while we followed kept up with Clara. I watched discreetly the stores we passed. On Wednesday was the Diana’s birthday, not her party but her birthday, and I had to buy her something.

Along the way I had thought about it. I would look for something in a store for her that I liked and on Monday, when I receive my payment, I’ll come to buy it. Quick and easy.

A wind gust hit us and she shivered. Without thinking I gave her my jacket. I mentally patted my back for thinking of bringing it.

The problem with Diana’s gift is that I found nothing I liked. I wanted something that meant something and wasn’t like all those meaningless gifts that you receive throughout your life. I do not think you can define the meaning of the gift by how expensive it is, or how much it reflects light, or how big it is. That's stupid.

You cannot say that a gift is worth much because it has thousands of gems that reflect the light.

So at six, after lunch at a small restaurant and a little walk more, I returned home empty-handed and without the slightest idea of what I would give Diana.

“Do you want to go out tomorrow?” I asked her. We both were lying in my bed.

“No. I want to stay here with you.”

“Ok.”

I slid my fingers down her belly, under her shirt, and she shuddered. I smiled and in one smooth motion I lay on top of her leaning on my elbows. I pressed my lips against hers. I stroked her lower lip with my tongue. She smiled and opened her mouth.

“My Little doll,” I whispered while I took off her pajamas’ short.

She laughed and put her arms around my shoulders. I stroked her neck with my nose and sighed. She started giving soft kisses on my neck and removed my shirt. Her small hands caressed the skin of my chest and my stomach, then go to my back and repeat the journey again. She took off her shirt and my boxers and with that we were completely naked.

Our breaths were loud and could be heard in the room. I took one of my sheets and covered us with this. I laced our fingers and gently kissed her lips while I sank into her.

And here I was two hours later with a naked Diana sleeping with her ​​head on my chest and one of her legs around my waist. I end this page by saying that I love the feel of her skin against mine.

November 8, 2009

6:02 p.m.

I’ll just write something brief about the only important thing that happened today. I’m not in the mood to write the drama that caused Audrey; that is a story for another day. I want to write what happened a few minutes ago.

After returning from work (Diana accompanied me even though I had worked enough extra hours to cover the days I was absent) I went down to the basement to clear my mind a bit.

As I made my way through the piles of boxes and old stuff to get to the piano, I stumbled and a box fell to the floor. All the things inside this fell to the floor.

Reluctantly I bent down to pick up the things. These were my mother’s things. I closed my eyes tightly and then sighed. I put things carefully in the box. I picked up a small wooden box filled with some of her jewelry. One in particular caught my attention.

It was a thin gold chain with a small turquoise gem. It was simple and delicate. Perfect. I put the small chain in my pocket and finished saving the things.

November 12, 2009

2:08 a.m.

Today, or rather yesterday, was Diana’s birthday. No her party, but her birthday period. In the morning I snuck into her room and lay down on top of her. She settled under my body in an involuntary movement. She was getting used to me and me being on top of her.

At the time it was 6:00 am. There were still fifteen minutes before she got up and began to prepare for school.

“Diana,” I whispered a couple of times until she wined and stretched under me, making some of her bones to crack.

She opened her eyes. Looked at me, the clock on the wall and then at me again.

“Happy birthday,” I said and she smiled at me.

“Thanks,” her voice came hoarse from her throat.

I showed her the necklace and she looked at it closely. She took the little gem between her fingers.

“It’s beautiful,” she told me.

“For you,” I placed the chain on her neck and smiled when I heard the click indicating it was safe in her neck.

“Thanks,” she whispered me.

Now I realize that neither of us was prepared for what would happen today.

We both put on the uniform, Diana braided her hair and I took the liberty of breakfast at Audrey’s house. Apparently everyone was still asleep because Diana and I were the only ones at the table. I took the milk and cereal and Diana put the bowls on the table. We took breakfast calmly while joking about anything. Personally I bothered her with comments with double sense.

She just shook her head, trying not to look me in the eyes. I convinced her to take her beige coat and a beanie. It was a gray morning and the wind was blowing strongly. She didn’t refuse and even put on some black gloves, like her beanie. Took her lip gloss and after applying a thin layer, she saved it in her backpack.

We went to school in her car (because I knew that no matter what she would accompany me to work). On the corner of my eye I saw her play with the little gem between her fingers, passing it on her lower lip occasionally. I parked in one of the places that were far from the entry. I gave her a little kiss on the forehead before helping her out of the car.

We walked to the point as usual we had a conversation where she quietly asked where I got the "beautiful necklace" and I just told her that I did not remember. Someday, or better never, she would know the story behind that chain.

“Happy Birthday!” the first one was Nadia.

Diana returned her the hug. Liam smiled wickedly and I squinted. I discreetly placed a hand on her back to warn Liam not to do anything.

One by one congratulated her for her sixteenth birthday. When the bell rang Audrey appeared and took my arm so I followed her. Brooke and Nadia accompanied Diana to inside. I watched as Harry Styles approached her to give her a happy birthday card.

“What’s wrong?” I demanded Audrey and explanation.

“This is taking you too long, Niall. I need something to work with,” she looked at me angrily.

“She hasn’t told me anything new,” I lied.

“I thought you gave just me birthday gifts,” she spat.

“It’s part of the plan. That’s it.”

She looked at me angrily and I took her shoulders forcing her to look me in the eyes.

“Do not get mad, Audrey. You're my best friend, although sometimes we fight. This is just a game. When Alex leaves all will go back to normal and you will not have to worry about that.”

“I trust in you, Niall.”

“That’s good. Now, if you let me, I have to go back with my toy,” I winked at her to calm her down.

Today I learned that although people don’t know or do not pay attention to you, they congratulate you all for your birthday if you invite them to your party. That proves that the secondary is full of stupid hypocrites. How cute, right?

Even some teachers congratulated her. It also proves that in high gossip fly.

And if I think about it, it's likely that they know that I was part of the plan when you're done. And maybe I’ll get expelled. I could even go to jail if Audrey goes too far. But I'm not thinking straight and if I already want started this I want to finish it. The world is not a bed of roses.

After work Diana and I came back home. I told her to go change that we would go to a place. She obeyed disappearing behind the front door of Audrey’s house. I went home to change.

After changing and taking my bike’s keys I went into the kitchen for a glass of water and I found my father sitting on the kitchen island. He had a glass of whiskey in his right hand while looking at photos. My mother’s photos.

“Isn’t that defined as cheating on your wife?” I asked to tease him a little.

He looked up with tear filled eyes.

“No. It is just remembering.”

“If you want something else it is cheating,” I pushed a little more.

He sighed and took a sip of the drink. He cleared his throat

“Believe it or not I miss her too, Niall.”

I frowned and stayed in silent for a few minutes.

“No, that’s not true,” I hissed.

“Sorry?”

“I said that that is not true,” anger was perfectly clear in my voice.

“Of course it is, Niall,” he laughed bitterly.

“No, it is not. If you missed her you wouldn’t had changed her for your secretary,” tension began to grow in the air.

“I didn’t change her. I got over her lost and continued with my life. You should try that too.”

“No, didn’t get over it. You cannot get over someone in less than three months and start dating your secretary. You only slept with your secretary to make her to the side. To make her disappear of your life. You're a coward. Or maybe never loved her,” I spat the words, poisoning the air.

“How do you dare to say that? Of course I loved your mother!” He shouted and I clenched my fists.

“Well, you never show it. Maybe you were cheating on her even before she became ill,” I yelled at him.

The next thing I heard was the sound of his hand against my cheek and I felt the sting on my right cheek. I looked at him with hatred and left the house, angry, slamming the door.

Diana was expecting me lying on my motorcycle. I climbed up and she followed me without a question, hugging my waist. I turned on the bike and I accelerated to the maximum making the wheels squeak against the asphalt. I thought of nothing and I swear I looked all red while driving full speed down the road. I didn’t hear any of the times that Diana told me to slow down.

“Niall, Where are we?” Diana asked me scared when we parked the dark street.

In one corner a couple was making out and in another other some were aspiring cocaine. The bikes were lined up while everyone was getting high and drunk. I didn’t pay attention and walked down the street. Diana followed me holding tightly my arm...

(The real problems are going to start in the next chapter. PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER. xoxox :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 769 56
This is the story of a girl named Y/N and a boy named Harry Styles. They start off as best friends and are close. (But not as close as Harry and Loui...
2.8K 149 13
"Being the boy everyone lusts for just cause I'm the president's son isn't as easy as it looks mate." "Thought you said you were gay?" Liam asks as h...
45.7K 550 58
"I know what you are thinking. I know that I don't take risks in our relationship. But I'm just-" His voice cracked a little. "I'm just scared that I...
279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...