An Arranged Marriage Will I L...

By Chocolatefreak101

Cassandra Draper was abandoned by her father at age nine. For nine years her family has struggled, Tanner her... More

An Arranged Marriage Will I Love Him?
Chp 1. A Complete Stranger
Chp 2. Dylan
Chp 3. The Fight
Chp 4. My List of Demands
Chp 5. The Kennish's
Chp 6. Getting Fancy
Chp 7. Fist to the Face
Chp 8. Unforgivable
Chp 9. No fairytale Endings
Chp 10. New Friends
Chp 11. It's Wednesday
Chp 12. Three Floors
Chp 13. Good-Bye Dylan
Chp 14. Date #2
Chp 15. A Date With Warren
Chp 16. I Do Not Swim
Chp 17. Tanner
Chp 18. The Unknown Wife
Chp 19. The Kiss
Chp 20. Four Days Later
Chp 21. I Gave In
Chp 22. The Slap
Chp 23. The Deep End
Chp 25. Unraveled
Chp 26. Kelly & Warren
Chp 27. Unhappy Birthday to Me
Chp 28. Sam
Chp 29. Court
Chp 30 2 weeks & 6 days later
Epilogue

Chp 24. The Rescue

9.2K 335 6
By Chocolatefreak101

Ugh. Heat, sun, people; a bunch of things that I hate thrown together.

"Come on Cassandra come jump in!" Tanner yelled at me on the diving board.

"I'm good," I waved at him from underneath my shady tree.

"Suit yourself!" Tanner jumped off into a cannon ball making water go everywhere.

Tanner emerged his black hair in his eyes, "Beat that Warren!"

Warren smirked, "Believe me. I will."

Warren went running off the diving board then tucked in for a cannon ball spreading the water further this time. Warren surfaced his hair sticking up at all ends.

"Who won Richie?" Warren asked his brother.

"Definitely you bro!" Rick yelled.

"Not fair he's your brother!" Tanner pouted.

"I won, your just jealous!" Warren playfully dunked Tanner back into the water.

Tanner submerged, "Jerk."

"Oh come on Tanner have a little fun," Rick said.

Warren turned his gaze to me, "Come on Cassandra the water's great!"

"For the last time I'm perfectly fine under my tree!" I yelled at him.

Warren shook his head then dunked Tanner again. I just rolled my eyes and kept reading. The Kennish's were throwing a barbeque for all the employees at Mark's office which meant my dad was there. Plus a bunch of people I don't know which makes me super uncomfortable. Though I think the worst part was Warren's friends who had invited themselves over; I found that I did not take a liking to his friends; they're jerks worse than Warren.

"Warren, my man!" Joe shouted on the diving board, "This is how you do a cannon ball!"

Out of nowhere all five of this friends jumped off the diving board together making the biggest splash ever. I rolled my eyes guys are dumb.

My phone started playing and I jumped with excitement when I heard the ring tone.

"Hi Sam!" I greeted happily.

"Hey girlfriend," Sam greeted.

I sighed inwardly happy with Sam calling me his girlfriend. Then I started overthinking things, wait was I to excited? Did I need to chill out? Bring it down a notch? Nah, its Sam I act more myself when I'm around him.

"Are you free in the next thirty minutes?" Sam asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes!" I said totally ready to sneak out and ditch this dumb pool party.

"Wow you know if I didn't know better I would say you were doing something you hate right now or you're just bored," Sam joked.

"A little of both," I confessed, "My dad's boss threw a pool barbeque party and made me go."

Sam laughed, "Cassandra at a party full of strangers and hating life that sounds about right."

"It's torture," I complained.

"Well as soon as I'm done delivering this package I'll come get you," Sam said saving the day.

"Or I can just meet you somewhere," I quickly said.

Sam sighed, "You know I'm beginning to think you don't want me seeing were you live or meeting your parents."

Both answers were correct, for reasons I didn't want to tell him right now. I needed to distract him.

"Whose house are you delivering your package too?" I asked.

"Cassandra-"

"What I really want to know," I lied.

"Sure you do," Sam made a rustling noise on the other end, "It says Kennish."

My heart skipped a beat. What did he just say? Did he say Kennish?

"Cassandra? Cassandra? Are you still there?" Sam asked.

Any second now he'd ring the doorbell find out he had to go around back then find me sitting here. Should I hide? Should I run? No, I can't do that. Besides he doesn't even know I technically live here.

"Cassandra something wrong?" Sam asked.

I shook my head coming out of my daze, "I'm fine I just thought maybe I'd heard you wrong."

"I said Kennish. Why do you know them?" Sam asked.

"Actually my dad works for him," I paused, "And that's where I'm at right now."

"Oh really?" Sam asked surprised.

"Yeah so I'm actually glad then I guess you can pick me up," I quickly put in.

"Yeah I guess that makes it easier," Sam said happy.

"Yeah," I said uncomfortable, "Sam..."

Out of nowhere a wet figure showed up water getting on me everywhere. Looking up I found Joe and his band of friends surrounding me.

"Hey Cassandra, what are you reading?" Joe asked.

"Nothing," I squeaked.

"Cassandra whose there?" Sam asked on the other end.

I didn't reply for the next thing Joe was grabbing my book and throwing it into the pool.

"Hey what makes you think its okay to get my stuff wet!" I yelled jumping up.

Whoa where'd that come from? Did that come from my mouth?

"If you want it go and get it," Joe laughed.

All his friends laughed too.

I looked at the gleaming deadly pool water, "It wasn't that good any way."

Joe smirked, "You know boys I'd say she's afraid of getting wet."

All the boys nodded in agreement.

I froze on the spot not knowing what to say any more.

"Cassandra?" Sam asked again.

"Sam hurry to the backyard," I whispered into the phone.

"Sam? Who's Sam?" Joe asked mocking me, "The only Sam here at this party isn't going to help you."

I stepped back only to bump into one of the five friends of Warren's.

I took a shaky breath, "Look I'm not really a pool person, and I look funny when I swim like a sad duck."

Joe grinned, "Well then let's see the sad duck try to swim!"

Out of nowhere a bunch of hands grabbed me on all sides as I tried to break free of their grip.

"Let go of me!" I yelled.

The boys held me down as they carried me over to the deep end of the pool.

"Swim little ducky!" Joe hollered.

"Sam help me!" I screamed as I was thrown into the pool.

Sam's (POV)

"Sam hurry to the backyard," Cassandra whispered.

Instantly I dropped the package, and my phone; bolting to the back to find the fence shut tight. Quickly I swung myself over landing onto the soft grass. Cassandra's safety the only thing on my mind.

"Sam help me!" Cassandra's voice yelled.

Turning the corner I saw a big wave come out of a fifteen foot pool. Five or more boys surrounding the giant pool laughing. Cassandra's phone lay on the ground near their feet. My heart skipped a beat as I realized they threw her in and she hadn't emerged. Running as fast as I could I yanked off my shoes, socks, and shirt and went diving into the pool after her. The cold water stung my lungs as I hit the water the only thing that mattered was Cassandra.

Swimming deeper into the dark pool I started to get worried. She was nowhere to be seen. I was about to go back up for a quick breather when I finally saw her. Swimming down more I found her body sinking, she wasn't moving at all. Quickly I wrapped my arms around her lifeless body then started kicking and using one hand to bring me towards the top, hoping I'd have just enough air. Just when I thought I wouldn't make it I broke the surface. Air filled my lungs, Cassandra still lay lifeless against my body. Dragging her over to the side I lifted her up onto the concrete then jumped out of the pool and started pressing on her chest, I could hear a few ribs crack as I pressed down and I had to control myself on keeping my focus on her breathing.

Cassandra's eyes bolted open as she coughed up water to the side, then taking a deep breath in. I stopped pushing as she tried to sit up but cried out in pain. By now a crowd had surrounded us a man with Cassandra's eyes pushed through and kneeled by her side. I knew it was her father it had to be, I wanted to give him a lot of grief for leaving her nine years ago, but then I remembered the boys who had thrown her in. Then I heard the main guy's voice I heard over the phone.

"Like a sad duckling," He said.

Anger surged through me, in a flash I punched him in the face as he went flying into the pool. The guy submerged staring at me wide eyed.

"You idiot she doesn't know how to swim!" I yelled.

I was about to take care of the rest of them when Cassandra called out my name.

"Sam..." She whispered.

Turning around I knelt at Cassandra's side taking her hand.

"What are you doing? Who are you?" Her dad asked me.

I don't know when I decided it, but I didn't hold back for the next thing I know I'm punching her dad in face knocking him down. He fell over onto his back obviously not knowing some random guy was going to punch him. Quickly I pulled Cassandra into my arms ready to run.

"That's for abandoning her!" I yelled breaking through the crowd running to the fence with Cassandra in my arms.

Luckily this time the lock was on the other side so I unbolted it and ran to my delivering van. Strapping Cassandra in I hit the gas, I needed to get her to a hospital.

********************************

So I thought it would be better to end with a small Point of view from Sam. Hopefully you liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 291 18
After Sam's rough past with befriending and her father leaving her and her mother, she finds a way to rebuild herself. Put her pieces back together. ...
58K 1.7K 44
A 19 years old girl, forcefully married in a rich family of there caste by her parents. The bride and groom both hating the idea of arranged marriage...
590K 16.6K 43
Meera Maholtra, 22 years old, got a wonderful family living in the U.K. Attending University with her Bestie Sarah. BUT of course what happens in ev...
591 10 30
Forced to marry him in order saving her father yet at first sight she falls for his brother Right or wrong ???? Yet the heart want what it wants rig...