[Boku No Hero Academia] x Rea...

By alienwisp

The title explains it, but this is just a collection of short stories with the BNHA characters :) Feel free t... More

{Request + Info Page}
[Izuku Midoriya x Reader] Animal Girl pt. 1
[Izuku Midoriya x Reader] Animal Girl pt. 2
[Eijirou Kirishima x Reader] Boop
[All Might x Reader] The Good Old Days
[Shouto Todoroki x Reader] The Truth
[Katsuki Bakugou x Reader] Happy Bakugou?
[Izuku Midoriya x Reader] Happy Tears
[Adult!Shouto Todoroki x Adult!Reader] Friends with Benefits
[Denki Kaminari x Reader] Country Music
[Hitoshi Shinsou x shy!Reader] Kitten Caretakers
[Eijirou Kirishima x Reader] Rants
[Izuku Midoriya x Quirkless!Reader] A Banquet for Heroes
[Tsuyu Asui x Reader] Fun at the Beach
[Izuku Midoriya x Quirkless!Reader] Hero pt. 1
[Shouta Aizawa x Reader] 6:59 pt. 1
[Kyoka Jirou x Reader] Songbirds and Lovebirds
[Izuku Midoriya x Reader] Hero pt. 2
{I'm Back O.o}
el oh el im actually back
[Denki Kaminari x Reader] Electric Feel

[Hitoshi Shinsou x Reader] Songfic: Blow Your Mind/New Rules

2.3K 69 17
By alienwisp

There is a singular swear word in this, one (1). I warneth thee.

Quirk: Your quirks are mind reading and mind link. Mind reading is obviously just, you know, reading minds. You don't always hear the thoughts of others, but you usually like to keep it active. However, this can sometimes give you headaches, as it's like having people talking constantly. Mind link allows you to convey and transmit something to another person's mind. It can be anything from thoughts to images to memories. Sometimes, this happens unwillingly if you're feeling rather emotional and aren't in good control of your quirks.

You and Hitoshi both originally started in the general studies course at UA before being transferred into the hero course later on. You've both graduated, and you were both pro heroes working at the same agency. You'd been best friends throughout your years at UA, so you were happy to be now working with him. Some people wondered how two could be friends, as you're often seen bickering with each other, but that was part of your friendship. Although, you did wish you could be more than friends. Unbeknown to you, many people were shocked that you two weren't a couple yet. Some of your banter, could get a little flirty. Anyway...

The pair of you were relaxing in the living room of your apartment, splitting a bottle of wine, you know, like civilised adults do. You were chatting casually, and somehow that led into a heated debate. Eventually, when silence upon the room, you asked,

"Hey, Hitoshi? Do you like me?"

I know it's hot
I know we've got
Something that money can't buy ...

The purple haired male rolled his eyes, "Have all of our arguments caught up to you? Geez, I keep you around, so obviously I like you."

A smirk pulled at the corner of your lips as you took another sip of wine. You placed the glass on your coffee table before crawling just a little bit closer to him on the couch.

"I mean in a romantic way," you clarified.

He crossed his arms and looked away as a light blush bloomed on his cheeks.

"Don't be ridiculous, what's there to like?" he scoffed.

You rolled your eyes, the smirk still present on your lips as you replied, "Oh please, you're the one being ridiculous. Stop denying it."

He huffed, placing his wine glass down on the table, the blush ever-present on his cheeks,"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't like anything about you, not the way you walk, talk, anything."

"If you don't like the way I talk, then why am I am I on your mind? If you don't like the way I rock, then finish your glass of wine. We fight and we argue, you'll still love me blind. If we don't fuck this whole thing up, guaranteed, I can blow your mind."

You ended your remark by blowing him a kiss.

Mwah

Staring at you with furrowed eyebrows for a moment, he swiftly snatched his wine glass and finished the remaining liquor. He then strutted towards the door of your apartment. Naturally, you rose from the sofa and followed.

Open the door
You want some more
When you wanna leave, let me know 

"I'll see you at work tomorrow, then," you said casually as you opened the door.

He stepped out but before you could close it, he responded, "I don't know how I feel."

"Goodnight, Hitoshi," you replied before closing the door.

You released as heavy sigh before plopping yourself back down onto your couch.

"That was so stupid! I mean, I know, he likes me. He thinks about me all the time; way past the normal amount for being just friends. I should have just waited for him to figure out his own stupid feelings."

You rolled off the sofa and picked up your wine glass. You finished off the wine before heading to bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talkin' in my sleep at night
Makin' myself crazy
...  

You tossed and turned a ton that night, thinking about Hitoshi before eventually falling asleep, leaving you very reluctant to get out of bed the next morning. You did rise from your warm blankets, albeit grudgingly, and quickly got ready for work.

When you arrived at work, you quickly saw Shinsou and approached him.

My love, he makes me feel like nobody else
Nobody else...

"Hey Hitoshi~"

"Hi."

"Wow," you replied  sarcastically, "Enthusiastic, aren't we?" 

"About what you said last night," he began, which caught you off guard. You realised you weren't using your quirk to read his mind.

You shifted slightly, "What of it? Still in denial?"

"Look," he continued, "I just, don't know, okay?"

You huffed, "You know what? No. It's not okay. We've been friends for years and I really like you Hitoshi and all I want is a straight answer, so spit it out."

"I don't kno-"

"I want a yes or a no," you demanded impatiently.

"Then... No, I guess."

But my love, he doesn't love me, so I tell myself
I tell myself...

With hurt clearly visible on your face, "Then have a good day."

You strutted away to your office, nearly slamming the door behind you.

The day passed ridiculously slowly, but thankfully, your boss let you off a little early, completely understanding your unfortunate predicament. 

When evening came around, your best friend arrived with your favourite food. The two of you ate, and she listened diligently as you ranted. Eventually, she rose from your sofa and looked at you with a serious expression.

"Listen, Y/n. You need to get over him. I don't want you sulking. You're strong, independent, sassy, and confident, so just forget about him. Here's how-"

She was interrupted by your phone ringing. It was Shinsou.

As you reached for your phone, your friend snatched it away.

"One, don't pick up the phone, you know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone," she began.  

She strode towards your door, "Two, don't let him in, you'll have to kick him out again."

She returned to the sofa and sat in front of you, "Three, don't be his friend, you know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning, and if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him."  

You nodded, "I got new rules, I count 'em. I gotta tell them to myself."

"Great, you're in the right mind set. Now, how about we go for a night out?"

With a smirk, you agreed, "Let's."

After the two of you finished getting ready, your best friend stopped you for a pep talk.

"Now, recite the rules for me," she ordered.

You smirked, holding up one finger, "One, don't pick up the phone, you know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone."

He had called you five times, and you ignored them every time.

You held up a second finger before adding a third, "Two, don't let him in, you'll have to kick him out again. Three, don't be his friend, you know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning, and if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him."

"Great!" exclaimed your friend, "Now, let's get going!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a fun night of dancing and a little bit of drinking (only a little because you have work tomorrow), you returned home by taxi (don't drink and drive, kids). As you arrived, you noticed someone standing outside the building. It was raining and they didn't have an umbrella. You instantly recognised the messy purple hair.

"What on earth are you doing here?" you questioned, slightly angrily.

At your voice, Shinsou's gaze snapped from the sidewalk to you.

"I wanted to apologise."

"Yeah, well, too little, too late," you replied.

You crossed an arm over your chest, one still holding your umbrella, but not moving.

He seemed to take notice of this and continued, "I didn't want to hurt you, I just didn't know how I felt. I'm a pretty big mess, I''ll admit that, but I still have insecurities from when I was a kid, okay?! I'm still afraid that you'll leave me because of my quirk."

You felt your heart ache. You couldn't believe that after all you had been through together, he was still afraid of that. Just as you were about to take a step forward, you froze. You stiffened, squeezing your eyes shut, remembering your best friends words.

One, don't pick up the phone, you know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone.  

Two, don't let him in, you'll have to kick him out again. 

Three, don't be his friend, you know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning, and if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him. 

You focused on them. Unfortunately, you focused a little to hard and accidentally transmitted her words to Shinsou.

"Ah," he started, "So that's why you wouldn't answer my calls."

A light blush tinted your cheeks in embarrassment as you realised what you had done. Releasing a heavy sigh, you walked forwards and held the umbrella over you and Hitoshi.

"I'm really sorry, Y/n," he apologised, which was pretty unlike him, "I really like you, too. I love you, in fact."

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, yeah, I love you too, now let's get you dried off before you catch a cold, you idiot."

He gave you a smile before intertwining his hand with yours, and the both of you walking inside together.

A/n: HHHHH IM SORRY THIS IS AWFUL. IT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD SONGFIC SMH iM SORRy

!alienwisp!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 66.9K 136
Here you can read countless variations or the exact same characters Kohei Horikoshi has created. Maybe you're curious to who your perfect MHA...
47.9K 414 22
a collection of bnha oneshots / imagines :) > some headcannons and preferences too requests open! fluff, angst, lime, crack and others! (no smut, so...
5.2K 183 15
This is my first fanfiction I'm writing. The chapters are probably gonna be short but I'm planning on writing alot of chapters. Btw: The cover isnt m...
11.1K 95 12
Hey, y'all! This book is a scenario book and may or may not feature some one-shots (if I feel up to it). This book will be updated as much as I can...