1Dentity (One Direction Affec...

By EpicName

(Watty Awards 2012) How did I end up in this mess? One moment I'm strolling along the empty streets of Sydney... More

1: Just a Dream
3: Surprise, Surprise!
4: The Plan
5: Meeting the Boys
6: The Concert
7: Loose Ends
8: Breaking the News
9: The Dotted Line
10: First Impressions
11: Girls Day Out
12: Selling My Soul
13: Wake Up Call
14: Watch Out America
15: Expiration Date
16: On the Radio
17: Breaking the Ice
18: A Little Push
19: Sore Loser
20: Just Dance
21: Payback
22: Reunited
23: Inappropriately Adorable
24: The Bright Side
25: The Right Direction
26: Change of Plans
27: Underneath It All
28: Falling In Place
29: Stay the Same
30: Code Black
31: On My Own
32: Terminated
33: Move On
34: Return to Shell Diner
35: End to the Nightmare
Epilogue: The Real Deal
Authors Note

2: Just Keep Swimming

50.4K 683 64
By EpicName

2: Just Keep Swimming ★ 

Is it weird that the whole time I'm in the water, the first thing that came to my mind is Finding Nemo? All I can think about while I swim in the fresh water was 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

I remember watching that movie years ago. At the time, Finding Nemo's my only connection to Australia. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to be swimming in the Pacific Ocean, just off the coast of Sydney, with some guy that I don't know.

"So," Mystery Boy says as he swims up to me, beads of water glistening on his bare, broad shoulders. His curly hair is slicked back. "I beat you."

I roll my eyes. "That's because you pretty much tripped me. It's called cheating."

"Hey, there is a difference between cheating and actually winning." He explains with a faux smart voice. 

"There is no difference. You flat out cheated."

"Well, either way, I got in the water first," he states. 

"Well, good for you," I mumble, moving my arms in a circular motion as I try to stay afloat.

"So, what's my prize?"

"Prize?" I repeat. "We never discussed that."

"There is always a prize," He says with a mischievous smile. "And if you don't mind, I'd like to claim mine."

I freeze. I', not sure if it's my imagination or reality, but despite our already close proximity, it looks like he's slowly getting closer to me. I'm so close to him that I can make out the curve of his lips, his prominent jawline. Every dip and curve of his face I'm fully aware of. My breath catches.

"What are you doing?" I choke out.

He doesn't answer. He just keepscreeping forward, gradually closing the distance between us. 

I keep still. A million thoughts race through my mind. What am I doing? I don't even know this guy and I'm going to let him kiss me? I don't even know his name or where he lives. I don't even know if he is a dog or cat person. I know nothing. The only thing I know about him is that he likes late night swims because he can be alone. Does that mean he has family problems? Does he have siblings? Who is this mystery guy?

I find the quickest way out of my predicament.

With a swift movement of my hand, I send a large splash of water in his direction, hitting him square in the face. I let out a loud laugh as he shakes his head, wiping his face, getting the water out of his eyes. 

"Oh, you didn't just do that," He looks back at me.

I smile widely, slowly backing away from him. "I believe I did."

"You're gonna pay for that."

Without giving me time to respond, he lunges forward, wrapping his arms around me. His weight on top of mine submerges us deep into the cool water. This set off a chain of lunge-and-dunks between the both of us. After we would emerge from the water, the other would be ready to pounce. This cycle didn't end until I finally jump on his back, wrapping my legs and arms around his strong body.

"Do you give up?" I ask, holding my arms tighter around his shoulders, squeezing them tightly. "Say uncle!"

He doesn't respond. He simply falls back into the water, bringing me down with him. How I didn't see that coming is beyond me. We resurface, sputtering water out of my mouth as I let go of him.

"Jerk," I mutter.

"Oi, no need for the name calling. You asked for that," He beams. I push back my laugh at his British-ness in that sentence.

"You're the one who attacked me," I mumble.

"Me? You started this first!" He points out. I know he's right, I'd just rather pin this on him right now.

"Believe what you want." I sigh "But you asked for it."

"I asked for it?" He repeats.

I nod my head. "Yeah, you were pretty much begging me to splash you."

"Really?" He asks, raising an eyebrow curiously. "Because I believe I was after something totally different."

I pause, not knowing how to respond. I look over my shoulder in hopes of hiding the blush that made it's way to my cheeks.

We fall into a deep silence. it isn't awkward, it's more like we both decided that we're going to stop talking and just relax in the water. The sound of the waves hitting the shore fills our silence. 

I lay back my head and look up at the stars above, trying to find the brightest star. Once I spot it, I smile.

When I was young, my parents would always tell me about stars. If it was one thing my parents ever taught me, it was about the stars. They knew most of the constellations and their back stories. We would spend nights laying on our roof, talking about stars and how they formed. One thing I know about stars is that no matter where you are in the world, the stars will always be the same. For all I know, my parents could've been looking at the same stars I am earlier on today.

A small smile creeps across my lips at the thought.

"What is it?"

His sudden voice shakes me. "Oh," I say, "Nothing, just thinking, I guess."

He smiles genuinely. "I knew a late night swim would be perfect for you."

I nod. "You know me all too well." I mean that sarcastically of course. We both know that we know nothing about each other.

"I do," He laughs. "Come on, let's get out. I know you're tired of swimming."

Yes, I want to get out. My fingers are probably prunes by now. But I'm  hesitating to answer because I'm not sure if I want to get out. If I did, this night to be over. If we got out, what happens next? Do we say goodbye and then never see each other? 

"Yeah, let's go," I finally say as we begin swimming to shore.

When we got to the beach, it's freezing. The water thats clinging to my body mixes with the slight breeze, making me shiver. I run to where my shirt is, the sand sticking in-between my toes as I go. I grab my shirt, using it to wipe off any excess water on my skin. Once I'm partly dry, I throw my shirt on and wring out my brown hair.

I look over my shoulder and watch Mystery Boy as he shakes out his curls. His hair bounces back to life as he ran his fingers through his thick, brunette hair.

"I don't understand the physics behind your hair," I say shaking my head, laughing.

"What can I say? The ladies love the curls," He plops down on the sand, his shirt tucked neatly in his pocket. His bare chest still had several drops of water that were being reflected off the moonlight. 

"Oh, of course. I'm sure they do," I reply sarcastically.

"They do!" he says louder as if the louder he says it the more I'll believe him. 

I looked down at him, crossing my arms over my wet chest. "Uh, huh. Sure."

"Come on, then," He smiles, patting down the sand next to him. "Take a seat, unless you have more jokes to crack about my hair."

So, this isn't the end of my night with Mystery Boy. I couldn't help but smile knowing that I'll get to spend another few moments with him. I take a seat next to him, pulling my legs up to my chest once again.

A light breeze rolls in and again, I shiver. "It probably wasn't the best idea to go swimming without spare clothes." I say.

I feel him shift in the sand next to me. Next thing I know, he is handing over his dry, cotton shirt. "Here. It's not as good as a towel, but it'll do, I'm sure."

I hesitantly take his shirt, before wrapping it around my legs and arms. I can smell his cologne with a hint of coconut mixed in. It isn't the best blanket, but it's definitely helping. 

"Thank you," I say smiling at him.

He smiles in response. "So, are you going to tell me why you were out here so late?"

I was caught off guard by his sudden question. Where did this come from? 

"Just taking a walk," I answer vaguely.

"By yourself?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I am capable of doing things on my own," I respond lamely. "I just needed some fresh air. That's all."

Mystery Boy turns and looks at me. I could feel his green eyes running over me, examining me. I knew he could tell that I was lying. I mean, its obvious that I was out here for a reason. 

But I don't want to tell him that reason. I never told anyone what happened to me or why I live with my Aunt and Uncle rather than my parents. I have done a great job of keeping it in, and there is no way that this boy is going to change it.

I am waiting for him to ask. I'm expecting him to bug me. Part of me wants him to, just so I can tell him that it was none of his business; because it isn't. It's nobody's business but mine. Nobody's problem but mine.

However, he doesn't ask.

Instead, he scoots closer to me and wraps his arm around my slim waist, pulling me in. I don't fight it, I let my body mold with his, laying my head against his strong shoulder. His hand soothingly ran over my arm, tracing circles.

"Thank you," I say softly.

"For?"

He has no idea what this night means to me. He took my mind off the dream; off my parents. I'm not in the mood to talk about what happened and he respects that boundary. He didn't pester me, he didn't ask. He just let me lean on him and that's all I can ask for.

"Just thanks."

___________________________________

A/N

I know this is going slow, but I promise it will pick up! Sorry for the short chapters and i'll try to upload every day... hopefully haha 

And sorry for mistakes...I have tend to have a lot even after I go back and "attempt to edit" haha

I really appreciate any comments and  votes! They literally make my day! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 2K 43
Title says it :))) Feel free to leave ideas and lmk what you think <3
84.4K 1.8K 37
SUMMARY (Y/N) moves to Cheshire after her parents divorce, she now lives with her mother in a rich part of a town called Holmes Chapel. With...
77 1 8
What happens when 2 teenage heartthrobs from ONE DIRECTION & SPRING SIMMERS finds out they have feelings for each other? Will they be the same forev...
97.9K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...