Once in a Lifetime (On hold u...

By _Just_Nikki_

Nicole and Cayley were sisters. Or so they told people. They were really just best friends. Best friends with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note: Please Read!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Vote for Taken in the Watty Awards

Chapter 32

21.1K 76 21
By _Just_Nikki_

--Niall's P.O.V--

She needed time to think. I could do that. I didn't want to, but I needed to. If I was ever going to get my girlfriend back, I had to let her think. I wasn't as upset anymore, now that I had seen her and talked to her, and she'd forgiven me.

But Harry, he was a different story all together. He refused to talk to anyone. I could tell he had been crying when he climbed out of the van at the hotel, but I didn't see, because the whole ride back, his head was hanging down, and I couldn't see his face. His shoulders shook the tiniest bit. When we arrived back at the hotel, he went to his room, and shut the door. He wouldn't let anyone in, which upset Louis, and he ended up rooming with me.

I hoped Cayley came around soon. We only had 6 days left of our vacation, and I wanted things to be fixed before we went back, so I could take her with me. And for Harry's sake, I hoped Nikki would forgive him. All there was to do was sit and wait.

--Cayley's P.O.V--

I layed in Nikki's bed that night, wide awake, while she lay fast asleep in the floor next to me. She always insisted I sleep in the bed even after I protested. I couldn't sleep. I was thinking. About Niall. I had forgiven him. What else was there to do? What did I need to think about. I wanted to be with him. I looked over at Nikki, making sure she was still asleep, and then grabbed my phone from her nightstand.

Cayley: I know you're probably not awake right now. So, you can just reply in the morning when you wake up. But, I thought about it, and I've decided we should meet up somewhere. I'm going home tomorrow after I leave Nikki's. Just text me if you want to go somewhere.

I read over the message, and hit send. I knew one thing for sure, I couldn't tell Nikki. She would freak out. I don't know if she knows I forgave him. If she does, she didn't say anything, but she would definitely have a fit if she found out I was going out with him. Nikki was already mad at me for throwing the ice cream out the window, and she would get so much madder if she knew what I was going to do. I wasn't going to lie to her, I would just say I was busy if she texted me asking me to hang out. That wouldn't be a lie.

That is if he agreed. If he didn't then I guess I was free.

~*~*~*~*~

The next morning, I woke up, before Nikki, of course. I looked over at her, and laughed. She was upside down on the pallet she had made in the floor. The cover was tangled around her feet, and her pillow was on top of her face. One arm was across the pillow, and the other was holding tightly to a stuffed penguin.

I thought it best not to disturb her, seeing as the last time I woke her up she threw an alarm clock at my head. I got up, from the other side of the bed, and grabbed a pair of jeans, and a ninja shirt that said 'I got this' on it. I brushed my hair, and then put my shoes on before grabbing my bag. I stopped to take a picture of Nikki, and then sent it to her phone.

Cayley: Sorry I left without waking you. But you looked so comfortable. Love you, Sis.

I laughed as I looked at the picture, and hit send. I would post that on facebook later. I walked out her bedroom door, my mom was waiting for me in the driveway. I tossed my bags in the back seat, and hopped in the front seat. She drove us to our house, and I got out, and went to my room.

I took a quick shower, and sat down on my bed. I left my hair alone, letting it dry into it's normal curly do. I walked into the kitchen, leaving my phone laying on my bed. I grabbed a green apple, and a bottle of water from the fridge, and hopped up on the counter. I bit into it, juice running down my fingers. I wiped them off on a napkin, and continued enjoying my apple. It was just now about 10 o'clock.

I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone, baby it's all wrong
Where are the plans we made for two?

My phone started going off in my room. I froze, mid-bite, and then did a ninja roll off of the counter, running to my room, my apple still hanging from my mouth. I dropped to my knees beside my bed, and fumbled frantically for my phone. Finally, I picked it up, and unlocked it.

Niall: Yeah! Let's do it. Where do you wanna meet?

I grinned, a small squeal of excitement escaping my lips.

Cayley: It doesn't matter to me. Wherever is fine.

Niall: I'm kind of hungry myself. How about iHop?

I laughed.

Cayley: Of course you're hungry, Niall. When are you not? Lol. Sure. I love iHop.

Niall: Alright. Meet in 15?

Cayley: Sure. :)

I walked to my closet, and pulled on a pair of jean capris, and a navy blue and white shirt with navy flip flops. I left my hair down, my curls gently cascading down in front of my shoulders, and framing my face.

I walked to the restaurant, and there he was, in the very back. He stood up as I approached. I stopped in front of him. I sort of wanted to hug him. I mean, I did forgive him. I know he didn't cheat on me. I ignored the urge to hug him.

"Hi." I said, softly.

"Hey." He replied, looking at me intently. He pulled my chair out for me, and I sat down, then he took the seat in across from me. A waitress came over and gave us menus, and walked away. When she came back a few minutes later, I ordered chicken strips and french fries, and a water. Niall got the same thing, plus a cheeseburger, but instead of water he got a Coke.

We ate in silence.

"So," Niall said, breaking the silence. "Why'd you wanna meet up?"

"I was thinking last night." I said. I began tearing my last chicken strip into pieces. I was too full to eat it. "About why I'm thinking. I mean, I forgave you didn't I?" I looked up at him. He nodded.

"Yeah. You did." I looked back down at my chicken, and started tearing it up again.

"So, what do I have to think about? I forgave you for something you didn't even do, and obviously want to be with you."

"You do?" I looked up at him again.

"I do." I looked back to my chicken. "Which brings me back to my earlier question. What do I have to think about? If I know you didn't cheat on me, and I want to be with you, what's stopping me? I guess I'm just afraid."

"Afraid of what?" Niall asked.

"Losing you. You're an international popstar, and I'm just a sophomore in high school. You'll be traveling around the world for months at a time, and you'll be super busy, and never have time for me. I won't get to see you. I understand that you're famous, and you have things you have to do, but still. And what if you get sick of not seeing me, and you find someone who you can be with all the time because they don't have to go to school?"

"You're not gonna lose me, Cayley." He reached across the table to hold my hand, which was now clean of any chicken. "I'll always have time for you. And you're right: I won't get to see you all the time. But not getting to see you will make the times when I do get to see you that much more special." Niall layed some money on the table, and we walked to the door. He opened the door, and held it open for me, allowing me to step through first. He followed behind me.

"So, what now?" He asked, standing in front of me. I stepped closer to him, and wrapped my arms around his torso, and layed my head against his chest. His arms wrapped around me in return.

"I say we give it another go." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm positive." I said, pulling away to look up at him. He smiled, and bent down to kiss me.

"So, how's Nikki?" He asked, taking my hand as we started walking down the street.

"Not good. She layed in her bed for like a week, as did I. I didn't realize how upset she was until her brother came to my house and told me. So, I drug her out of the house and got her to cheer up. But then we got new phones, and received all of the messages you two had sent us, and she broke. She walked through traffic, and then I found her in McDonalds with a rapist standing next to her. Totally freaked out when I tried to get her to leave, but finally I got her home. She cheered up a little after that, and then you guys showed up, and she went back to staring at the walls, blaring depressing music from her i-pod. Not to mention she was mad cause I threw the ice cream out the window."

"Wow." He said.

"Yeah. So, how's Harry?"

"Pretty much the same way. But he hasn't been sitting next to any rapists. Yet. That I know of. He was crying last night after we left, and when we got back to the hotel, he went in his room, and shut the door and wouldn't let anyone in. Louis had to room with me cause he left his room key in there."

"Awe. Poor Harry. I feel so bad for them."

"I do too. But, what I don't understand is how Nikki could do that to him. How she could refuse to believe him."

"Maybe she does believe him. Nikki has trust issues. She's afraid of getting hurt again. I guess by not forgiving him, and saying she doesn't believe him, she's avoiding getting hurt."

"Yeah, but she's hurting Harry in the process." I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. "Do you wanna come to the hotel with me? The guys would love to see you."

"Yeah. That sounds like fun. I'd love to see them too." We walked to his hotel, and climbed into the elevator going to the second floor. We walked halfway down the hallway before he stopped and knocked on the door. It opened, and Liam appeared.

"Hey, Liam." I said, smiling. He looked at me, and then Niall, and then down at our joined hands.

"Are you guys...?" I smiled, and nodded.

"Yes." I said, looking at Niall, as he squeezed me hand.

"Well, come on in! The others are in there." Niall and entered the room, and Liam closed the door behind us.

"Hey, Niall. How'd it- CAYLEY!" Louis shouted. He dropped the cards he was holding, and ran over to me. He wrapped me up in a bear hug, and I let go of Niall's hand momentarily to hug Louis. "You're back!" He said, as he sat me down.

"Yeah. I am." I laughed, taking Niall's hand as Louis pulled me to the couch. I sat down between the two of them. Zayn sat in one chair next to the couch, and Liam sat in another one.

"So, has he come out?" Niall asked, Louis. Lou's smile faded, and he slowly shook his head.

"No. I went to the door asking if he wanted breakfast, but he didn't answer." He said sadly.

"Is Nikki okay?" Zayn asked. I shook my head.

"They're both on the same boat right now. They're miserable without each other, but she's being stubborn." I said. We talked for a few more hours. It was almost two o'clock which meant Nikki should be awake.

Payphone started playing on my phone. I had forgot to turn the volume back off. I unlocked it, and looked to see who had texted me.

1 new message from: Nikki

I laughed at the timing. I knew her so well.

Nikki: Thanks for the picture of me sleeping. I was quite comfortable, thanks. ;) Anyways, Mom's at work, and Jayce is God knows where, so wanna hang out? I'm lonely.

I sighed. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. I didn't want to turn her down, what with everything with Harry, and the state she was in.

Cayley: I can't right now. I'm busy. Give me an hour?

Nikki: Okay. I guess I can find something to entertain myself for an hour. Maybe I'll dance around my house in my underwear dancing to Booty Wurk (One Cheek at a Time.)

Cayley: Roflmbo. Whatever floats your boat. Don't hurt yourself. Wear your brace!

I hit send, and put my phone up.

"I can't stay for much longer." I said. "That was Nikki. I need to go keep her company. And maybe I can convince her to talk to Harry."

"That'd be great." Zayn said. "But how would she talk to him when he won't come out of his room?"

"And how are you going to convince her to talk to Harry?" Liam asked.

"I said I'd try! I didn't say I'd be able to. And he would come out for Nikki." I said.

"She's the only reason he'd come out." Louis said.

"I gotta go. I told her I'd meet her. I'm scared of leaving her alone. She'll end up injuring herself from dancing around her house in her underwear. I guarantee you she's wearing socks so she can do that slide thing like in that tshirt commercial. She fell last time." They all stared at me like I was insane.

"You're kidding right?" Niall asked. I laughed.

"Nope. I'm dead serious. She's quite colorful with the things she does."

"She's perfect for Harry." Louis said. The atmosphere in the room was sad again, and I looked down at my feet.

"We'll, I gotta go. I'll talk to you guys later." I said to them. Niall walked me to the door.

"Do you want me to walk you to your house?" He asked me.

"No. I'm going straight to Nikki's. And I don't want her to see you. I need to tell her myself that we're together again."

"Alright."

"I'm sorry." I told him, grabbing his hand.

"No, it's fine. I understand. You can come over anytime you want. Whether I'm here or not. One of the boys will always be here... for Harry." I looked at his sad face. It was hurting all of them because Harry was hurting. I knew the feeling. I hate seeing my best friend upset. I stood on my tip toes, and kissed him.

"I'll come by sometime." I said, and then walked down the hallway.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jump out cha car in the middle of the street! Open up the trunk, let the bass beat!

I wasn't even in the house yet, and I could hear her music clearly. She was probably two seconds away from getting the cops called on her. I opened the front door, and walked in. The music was much louder in here, vibrating the floor and the walls as it played loudly from the giant flat screen in her living room. I stood in the hallway, looking into the living room for her, but she wasn't. The hallway lead into the kitchen, so i stood there looking into what I could see of the kitchen.

A flash of white crossed the opening of the hallway. I put my hand up to my face, shaking my head.

Found her.

I walked into the kitchen, and found her 'booty wurkin' at the edge of the hallway that led to the bedrooms. She wasn't in her underwear, but like I had predicted, she was wearing socks. I laughed at her.

Now let me see that booty wurk, booty wurk, boo boo booty wurk!

She yelled with the music. I walked over to the island, and lifted myself up on it. She turned around, seeing me sitting there, stopped and grinned at me. She walked to the edge of the hallway leading to the living room, and leaned around the corner. The music went down.

"Hey!" She said happily. "I thought you wouldn't be here for an hour." I shrugged.

"I didn't want to miss the party." I said, laughing.

"Well, then! Welcome! It's a rager, can't you tell?"

"Yeah, I can. I'll tell you one thing though. You're mom will be a rager if you get the cops called on you, girl. I could hear it clearly from outside." Her eyes grew wide, and she laughed.

"Whoops."

"It's nice to see you so happy." I said. "After you were so upset last night." Her grin faded, and she turned the music off. Dang it. I shouldn't have said anything. "Nikki, come on. I know you're upset. You need to talk to him."

"No! I don't need to do anything. I'm not talking to him." She said. I sighed. Why did she have to be so stubborn?

"You and I both know that you miss him. I had never seen you so happy like when you were with him. I hate seeing you hurting so bad. If you know what could fix it why not fix it?"

"I'm not talking him to, Cayley. That's final." She started to walk away.

"He's hurting Nikki." She stopped in her tracks. "He's locked himself in a hotel room, and refuses to come out or let anyone in."

"How do you know that?" She asked, turning her head, but looking at the ground.

"I went to the hotel. With Niall."

"You're with him again?"

"He never cheated. There was no reason to not be with him."

"Well, good for you. I'm glad you're happy."

"I am. I want you to be happy, too." I said.

"Sorry." She answered quietly before walking into her room, and shutting the door behind her. I heard the tiny click of the lock.

Well, isn't this fantastic. I tried to do something that would make her happy, and make Harry come out of hiding, and I ended up making her sad, and making her hole herself up in her room.

What now?

Author's note: Whoo! Chapter 32! Sorry it took so long. I hope it's nice and long! :) I wanted to ask you for a favor! My cousin This_is_Kenzie is new to wattpad, and she's posted her first book: Olivia's Plan. It's a good read for anyone, but especially if you like paranormal and fantasy stuff. So go read that, and don't forget to fan her, and vote and comment, okay? I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and don't forget to do the same here!
Credit for this chapter goes to my beautiful, amazingly, wonderful bestfriend Lil_Ninja because she gave me the ideas for the next few chapters. :) And the whole 'why'd you wanna meet up' thing. I love you, thank you so much!

I love you guys!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 4.7K 39
Melanie was a fan of One Direction, but she never knew how close she would get to a certain Harry Styles. After her friend gave Harry a slip of paper...
362K 7K 17
(Prologue...) Amanda lived next door to the Styles family. With the famous Harry Styles, you know from One Direction! Gemma Styles is his little sist...
1K 92 25
Vannie and Maiya were best friends but a trip to London might change that. Vannie gets caught up in a love triangle with two members of the British b...
5.5K 64 23
15 year old Lauren Styles always considered Harry, her brother, one if her best friends. Then, he disappears on your with his band without telling he...