Vanessa [A Poor Unfortunate S...

By MichaelStrickler

Now that you've been caught up on the long and tragic life, of the evil witch of the seas. What ever happened... More

01. Forewarned is Forearmed
02. First Steps
03. Wolf
04. Stranger in the Woods
05. Frollo
06. Derek
07. New World
08. The Queen
09. Transformations
10. Morgana
11. Lessons
12. Atlantica
13. Reap What You Sow
14. Fork Theft
15. Her mother's child
17. A Little Bottle of Magic
18. They Say I Did Something Bad
19. Wolves at Midnight
20. Now Sing!
21. Life's Full of Tough Choices
22. The Captain
23. Neverland
24. A Mermaid's Leather Vest
25. A Fairy of a Different Kind
26. Papillon
27. A Story told in Scars
28. Christmas in Neverland
29. Only You
30. Think Lovely Thoughts
31. Going Home
32. New Looks
33. Turning it Off
34. History Repeating
35. Crying Wolf
36. Someday I'll Be...
37. Epilogue

16. The Ring

21 0 0
By MichaelStrickler

Vanessa didn't think as she made her way back to Atlantica. Back to Finnick. She didn't want to think. She didn't have to. Nothing had to change.

Moving the stained sheet, at the entrence of the place, she saw Finnick. Just there, sleeping away in his hammock.

She thought it best not to wake him, so she sat herself on the ground, next to the hammock.

"Vanessa?" She heard him say.

He wasn't asleep at all.

"Yes?" She answered.

"You're alive?" He asked. "I would've thought"

"Thought what?" She cut him off.

"You'd be prey to that witch" he spat, and held her hands in his.

"She wouldn't" Vanessa said, under her breath. But then again, she couldn't be sure.

"I brought you back here, when the room filled with ink" he explained. "Then there she was, picked you up with her tentacles, hissed at me, then left"

"She hissed at you?" Vanessa asked, almost laughing.

Finnick nodded.

"So I went and got this, in case you returned" he said, reaching into a bag. "It was my grandmother's"

A ring sat there in his palm. The gem was a ruby red, the band was a deep bronze.

She held it gently, and read the inscription.

"To my beloved, once and future queen" Vanessa read. "But I am not a queen. Nor am I your wife"

She stammered over her words, and put the ring back in his hand.

"I am aware" he said, exhaling hard. "My father always said, you'll always know with these things"

"And do you?" Vanessa asked, despite herself.

"I think so" he said, holding her face. "I love you"

That word scared her. Derek had warned her about that word. A simple four letters, yet could bring down the whole world.

"You can't" she told him. "You are simply not allowed to, by the law of God. You see, I am not your bride"

"How would you like to be?" He asked.

Perhaps she did. Perhaps she did see a future with this boy. And perhaps, just perhaps, a happy ending to her story.

"Yes" she said, before it could pass through her mind first.

"Yes?" He asked, enthusiastically

"Yes" she said again, laughing.

And closed the conversation with a kiss.

With that, he slid the ring upon her finger.

"You are my queen" he said, and rested his head on her bust.

"I love you too" she said back to him.

And maybe she did. Maybe she meant every part of that word. Only time could tell for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231 1 14
A world where merfolk are intelligent creatures is a world where the oceans are cleaner. These merfolk, separated by their subspecies, live beside hu...
570 34 29
A few weeks ago, Luke and Heidi made up and got back together. You'd probably know they would, like, doesn't that happen in every breakup story? If w...
145K 8.9K 29
'In every story, there is a villain who has been defeated. What happens to the defeated villain?' After Lorelei's plot to overthrow the gods failed...
21.2K 252 25
So you all know the story of little Melody, daughter of the famous Princess Ariel and Prince Eric. But what would happen if she had a sister? Who was...