Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 12 Pure Bliss
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 35

861 49 2
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite.  

This is Cody and Heather's baby. Sophie actually pulled it off, she and her aunt delivered the newborn, not that I doubted she would. Even though I can tell that the baby's healthy just by listing to its cry, something still doesn't fill right.

Feeling my own drowsiness starting to take wing, I slowly slide my eyes shut snuggling the side of my face gently deeper into Ace's chest. In the last few moments, before sleep puts me under its spell, my brain conjures up one last thought. It's something I haven't thought of up until this point.

I've just become a future Luna. Oh my God

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Elliot and I come speed walking into Cody and Heather's room just a few moments later, finding Luka and my aunt waiting for us. My aunt looks at me, her face washed with confusion.

"Sophie, what are you doing here? Where's Shelby?" She asks me nicely.

Elliot brushes by me, taking his place at the head of Heather's bed and holding her hand, standing across the bed from Luka.

"Shelby's in her room marking Ace, trying to save him," I tell her. "I'm here to take her place for this delivery."

Shifting her attention from Heather for a moment, aunt Sherry asks. "Do you think she'll do it, Sophie?"

"Personally. I think she will, but that's entirely up to her." Turning our attention back on Heather, I then ask my aunt. "So how dilated is she?"

"Almost fully Sophie," she replies. "Nearly to ten."

Hearing this, I begin to zone out, getting lost in my own thoughts for a moment. This doesn't make any sense, if Heather just now went into labor, she wouldn't be progressing this quickly. Most early stages of labor take hours. Unless.

Looking down towards Heather who's lying in the center of the bed, I ask. "How long have you been in labor?"

Wincing, Heather replies. "I don't know, about twenty, thirty minutes."

Shaking my head, I say to her firmly. "I don't think so Heather if you've just gone into labor, it wouldn't be happening this fast. Judging by this, I would say you've been in labor for at least a few hours. Now I'm going to ask you again, how long has it been?"

Letting out a sigh, Heather then speaks. "Alright, it started earlier this morning, just as Cody was getting me down into the bunker."

Cody looks towards his mate, his face full of surprise. "You said that was just a strong kick when I asked you what was wrong," he tells her. "If you had told me you were going into labor, I would've stayed behind and taking care of you."

Heather getting a guilty look on her face, tells him. "Well, I felt like I didn't have much of a choice but to hide it. The pack needed you, and I didn't want to put anyone in danger from you not being there."

With that, Heather screams out in pain. Aunt Sherry turns and checks, while Cody squeezes Heather's hand tightly. Seeing my aunt turning back to face his mate, Cody then asks her.

"What is it, Doctor Sherry? What's wrong?"

Looking up at him smiling, aunt Sherry replies. "Nothing's wrong Cody, it's just time to push." Aunt Sherry looks down towards Heather, she then tells her. "You know what that means Heather, time to get into position."

Heather nods, pulling her legs underneath her, looking about ready to make a bridge with her body. Cody then looks up towards my aunt, worry written all over his face.

"Can you give Heather some drugs before we start?"

Aunt Sherry shakes her head in reply. "No Cody, there's no time. The drugs will make her too tired to deliver."

Turning back towards Heather, Cody asks. "What can I do to help her?"

"Nothing much, just be here to support Heather and your new son or daughter," says my aunt. She then adds. "Just sit back and watch the show."

At that, I jump into action, speed walking, dawning a pair of white gloves, and sitting in a chair at the foot of Heather and Cody's bed, the footboard was removed a few days before in order to make it easier to get in or out.

Looking, I check Heather's dilation one last time. Guided by the memories of my teachings, I follow the motions and counting of numbers in my head. Between numbers five and six, suddenly, I wonder if Luka should even be in here while I'm doing this, it's not a very pretty sight.

Looking back up towards Heather, I smile. "Surely at ten." Pulling my hand out. I tell her. "You're ready to go."

Heather lets out another loud scream. At that moment, my medical training kicks in. "Ready? Here we go." Elliot takes Heather's right hand, Cody takes Heather's left. "Okay, push."

Loud screams echo across the room, I try to focus on the task at hand. Heather pushes against Cody and Elliot's hands, all three of them shouting encouragements.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."

No sooner have I said the word ten, does Heather let out her breath. Using a dry cloth resting on the bedside table, Cody dabs at Heather's head, wiping the sweat from her face. Bending down towards his mate's ear, Cody begins whispering sweet nothings to her.

Suddenly, another contraction hits Heather, her body tensing up in a loud scream. "And again Heather, ready? Push."

Starting to push against the boy's hands, Heather pulls in a breath and then pushes down.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."

Excelling her breath for the second time, Heather begins to breathe heavily in and out. Cody again starts to dab at his mate's face. Looking down, I can make out a dark, roundish shape emerging from Heather. I look back up towards her and smile.

"You're crowning."

Aunt Sherry peering over my shoulder, nodding and confirming what's caught my eye. She faces Heather, her own eyes beaming.

"Heather my dear, you're definitely crowning."

Upon hearing my aunt's words, Cody grins down at Heather so wide, I'm pretty sure she can see his back row of teeth.

"This is it, babe, one more push, and our baby girl or boy's going to be out and in our arms. I know you're tired, but you have to keep going. Don't give up."

Heather gives Cody a tired but happy looking smile. Then without being asked to, Heather starts pushing down strongly. Instead of counting this time, I start encouraging her. "Heather, you heard Cody, keep going, you're almost done."

"Come on Heather, dig deep," Luka says firmly.

"Finish this thing strong and easily, I know you can do this Heather," Elliot says in the same way.

Seeing that the baby's head has fully emerged, I speak. "Stop for a moment, Heather." Turning towards my aunt and holding out my hand. "Bulb syringe, please."

Aunt Sherry places the oddly tear-shaped object in my hand. Turning back, I start to suction out the baby's mouth and nose. Nodding my head, Heather starts pushing again.

With one last loud, pain filled scream, Heather power pushes down one last time and delivers the small pink crying, newborn baby, right into my hands.

The sound of the kitten cries makes everything falls silent. Cody looks towards the source and his eyes brighten.

Lying back on the bed, Heather lets out a tired sigh and asks. "Cody, is our baby out?"

Turning back towards his mate, face still lighting up like a Christmas tree, Cody replies. "Yes sweetheart, our baby is finally out. You did well." Cody then bends towards Heather and kisses her sweetly, right on her forehead.

Breaking away from her, Cody turns towards me and asks. "Alpha, do we have a son or a daughter?"

Facing my aunt, she says to me. "Go on Little Sophie, you have the call."

Looking back towards the baby still crying in my hands, there's no denying it, it's positively adorable. I can't tell who the baby takes after more, with the exception of a thick head of dark brown hair on top of its small head. Slowly, I look down until I find the parts in question.

I could just do this the normal way, but then an idea comes to me. Pulling the crying, screaming newborn close to me, recalling the name, I then smile brightly.

"Hello, Loka."

At my words, the whole room erupts into a storm of high fives and pats on the back. Cody looks so overjoyed now, I swear his face could explode at any second, he starts jumping up and down slightly as he says.

"It's a boy. It's a boy. I have a little son."

Out from the corner of my eye, I see Elliot and Luka give each other a quick high five.

"Dude, we're Uncles," The both say to each other in sync.

Elliot reaching out to give Cody a high five says. "Congrats, man. what a wonderful day. Cody then nods his head, still in shock over what's happened.

Reaching out, Cody then smacks Luka's outstretched hand in a high five. "Dude, I knew it was good luck that you got back from Alpha training when you did."

But it's not just the guys who are excited. Heather's face is also beaming, with eyes just as bright as Cody's, she gasps. "A baby boy, we have a beautiful baby boy Cody."

Looking back down towards her, he replies. "Yes sweetheart, we do. We're finally parents."

After waiting for a moment for the commotion to stop, I speak up and ask. "Cody, you want to cut the cord."

"Yes, I would," he says, his voice and hands trembling slightly.

Walking over near to where I am, his feet wavering slightly. All at once, aunt Sherry clamps down on little Loka's umbilical cord, she then points at a spot and tells him.

"Cut the cord right where I'm pointing."

With a quick ''Snip'' Cody gets the job done, he then looks up slightly, getting the first look at his son. "Hello, hi Loka, he adds. "So, you're the one who's been kicking the heck out of your mother."

Watching out from the corner of my eye, I see a pair of hands reaching out towards the baby, the owner of the hands speaks. "I'll take him now, Sophie," my aunt says sweetly.

I gently shift the whaling infant over into my aunt's arms. Taking the baby in close, my aunt looks towards Heather who now has a worried look on her face. "Don't worry Heather, I'm only taking him over here to look him over," she then adds reassuringly. "I'll have him to you in just a moment."

However, while my aunt places the newborn at the changing table, Heather lets out another scream, I turn back towards her. "Heather, what's wrong?"

"I'm still cramping," she replies, her face twisted in pain.

Hearing this reassures me somewhat. "That's normal, it's probably just the placenta," I tell her.

Looking back down, my reassurance runs cold and is replaced with slight panic by what I see. Looking over my shoulder, I call out.

"Aunt Sherry, I think you should see this. Heather's still cramping," I tell her, giving her a clue, trying hard not to freak Cody and Heather out.

"No worries Sophie, it's just the placenta, she replies as calmly as I'm trying to be.

Looking back down, I spot the thing in question coming quickly. Picturing a memory of Loka, I put two and two together. Loka's about two months early. Even normal human babies would be a bit smaller than a full-term baby, but Loka looks fine. And now, I know why.

"That's not a placenta. That's ahead," I tell aunt Sherry, not holding back anymore.

At my words, every head in the room turns towards me. My aunt looks towards me, now concerned. "Sophie, what's going on?"

Focusing on what's about to come, I speak. "There's another baby in here, and it's about to come out."

With a look of shock upon her face, aunt Sherry shouts. "What?"

My Aunt Sherry then turns around with Loka now in her arms, speed walking towards Cody. She's about to give Loka to his father but seeing Cody's too much in shock to take on such a task, she panics a bit. Turning, Aunt Sherry faces Luka.

Getting the message, Luka speed walks over towards the two of them. Before Luka has time to hold out his hands, my aunt gently shoves the swaddled baby at him. As she does, she says urgently. "Hold Loka."

Now turning towards Cody my aunt tells him. "Cody, snap out of it, you need to help motivate your mate."

Nodding, Cody walks back over to the bedside and looks down and faces Heather. "Okay sweetheart, this is really it. I know you've already given it you're all with little Loka, but you've got to keep going in order to help get this second baby out "

Tiredly smiling at her mate, Heather pulls her legs underneath her and starts to let out one more tired sounding push. Even from where I'm sitting, I spot Heather's body trembling. In the next few moments, I only have time to get into position.

This second baby is coming so fast, I just prepare myself. A few seconds later, I reach out and catch baby number two in the palms of my hands

Covered in a blanket of blood and whatever else, this surprise baby doesn't come out like her brother, closed eyes and screaming. Instead, baby number two comes out with its eyes open, full of wide-eyed wonder at the world. Offering only a few random small coos to let us know he or she's okay and breathing.

Finding the baby's gender, I look back up towards Cody and heather, gently holding up the baby so that they can see.

"Loka has a baby sister," I say. "It's McKinley."

While the room erupts into another round of high fives, pats on the back, and now handshakes, I gently put the baby back down. Turning towards Cody again, I ask him. "Do you want to cut her cord as well?"

Cody starts to head back over towards me, but then, he stops. "Wait." He then turns towards Luka and Elliot's direction. "Do you guys want to help me out with this one?"

For a moment, Luka and Elliot look at each other in confusion, like they've heard him wrong.

"Us?" "Really/" both the boys ask in sync.

Nodding, Cody makes it over by my side. My aunt hands him the scissors, but he doesn't put a hand on them until Elliot and Luka are on both sides of the bed beside him.

"Here we go," Cody says.

Elliot and Luka put both their fingers on the scissors, and with one more ''snip'' the job is done

***

With the passing of about an hour, Luka and I along with Elliot find ourselves sitting around Cody and Heather's bedroom, just visiting with the new family.

The two new parents are looking at their bundles of joy in their arms, Loka in Heather's, and McKinley in Cody's.

Oh yeah, guess where all the blood and afterbirth went as the babies were delivered? That's right, all over my shirt and pants. At least it isn't on me or in my hair, or anything like that. To be Honest, I'm just happy the babies are okay.

"I can't believe it," Heather says. "How ell there developed, even though they're a bit early."

Knowing what to say, I speak up. "Werewolf babies develop in the womb faster than single babies."

"I know that Alpha, I'm just glad they're healthy, " Cody says, breaking into the conversation. "Ten fingers, and ten toes."

Heather nods and smiles. "I'm just glad that a bad day turned into a good day."

Pointing out a forgotten detail, I say. "Not to mention they share a birthday with Alpha Ace."

Cody looks up at me with a disapproving look. "Yeah, I'm still not sure how I feel about that one."

Heather then turns her face towards Luka, smiling widely. "Luka, you want to hold Loka?"

His face lighting up, he replies. "May I?"

Heather nods. "Of course."

Walking over, Luka bends down gently and reaches out his arms.

"How long has it been since you held a baby?" Heather asks him, transferring Loka into my mate's arms.

"When I was little, but I lived at Den House, so I'm used to it," Luka replies, taking Loka from her. "After all little Loka, first times for practice, second time was for real."

"Well still Luka, be careful, I remark, watching the one I love taking the baby into his arms.

At the same time, Cody looks up towards me.

"How about you Sophie, would you like to hold our daughter?"

Smiling, I nod. "I would love to."

Getting up from my chair, I walk over to Heather's side of the bed and bend down, gently taking the baby girl in my arms, bundle and all.

"Hey there, nice to meet you," I say, my tone sounding sweet.

McKinley gives me a slight coo in response, her eyes still open and looking up at me, but now drooping somewhat.

Suddenly I catch sight of Luka who comes to stand right beside me. Us. I catch a glimpse of Loka in his arms. The baby boy's laying there, looking up at my mate's face with his nose wrinkled. With a look of disgust or just gas, we'll never know.

Leaning over a bit towards Loka, I say to him. "Meet your Uncle, Luka, he's not as bad as he looks."

Out from the corner of my eye, I spot McKinley sneaking a look at Luka. I look back down towards her.

"He's mine McKinley, back off, I say in a fake whisper, I then add in the same tone. "Besides, he's too old for you."

"Ouch, that one hurt," Luka replies in a mocking tone.

The others burst out laughing for a moment, then it all falls silent again. Luka faces me, and I do the same, I can feel through the connection that he's thinking the same thing I am.

Holding these two babies in our hands, we are now both imagining what it'll be like when we start to grow our own family, this is our future. Looking down at Loka and his sister, they look so comfortable, all swaddled up and warm. Looking back up towards Luka, I smile at him

He's going to make a good father someday, I just know it.

Almost as soon as that thought runs through my mind, Luka connects the link to mine

"Aww, thanks, Sophie."

"Well, you will," I tell him and hang up the link.

Feeling a wave of tiredness from the day's events pour over my mate's connection, I start to count down the seconds. One. Two. Thr.

Yawn.

Called it. Luka always yawns a few seconds after he first gets tired.

After getting done with his yawn, Luka looks over towards me his own eyes now growing heavy a bit.

"Well Sophie, now that all the excitement is over for the day, I'm going to our room to take a nap."

Walking quietly back towards the bed, Luka is about to hand Loka back to his mother when Elliot taps him on the shoulder. Luka turns slowly, now facing him.

"My turn."

Unsure of what to do, Luka turns his head back towards the new parents for an answer, he gets their consent. Smiling warmly at his brother, Elliot takes Loka into his arms, his own eyes beaming. Luka smiles right back at him.

"You look like you're in your natural habitat right now Elliot."

Grinning down at Loka, Elliot replies, just above a whisper. "Well, I'm a Gamma Luka. It's my job."

Just as Luka's about to leave the room and walk out, Elliot speaks to him again. "Listen, dude, I know you're tired and I don't want to get too mushy, so I'm just going to get to the point. I'm glad I didn't lose my brother out there today. "By the way, nice fighting out there."

"Come on Elliot, you didn't really think you'd get rid of me that easily," Luka replies, giving his brother a crooked smile. He then adds. "But in all honesty bro, the feelings the same. I'm so glad I didn't lose you out there today either." "And thanks. Nice fighting out there too, you did great."

Elliot's face and ears turn a shade of light pink. "Aww, do go on."

Saying goodbye to everyone in the room, "Luka says to me. "Let me know if you need anything, Sophie."

Luka then turns and walks out. I listen and can hear him walking up the hall, I listen to his calming footsteps until I hear the door open. Funny thing is, I don't hear it close. Luka always closes the door when he's napping.

A few moments later, feeling like a nap's not such a bad idea, I decide to join my mate. I forgot that I didn't sleep at all last night. Walking over, I place McKinley into the arms of her father, say goodbye to everyone, and quietly walk out of Cody and Heather's bedroom.

Paying no mind to the Ruby Stone scent slowly starting to make its way into the house, I walk by the banister and over to our room.

The door to our room is open just like I knew it to be. Walking quietly into the room, I spot Luka on the bed. He's laying still on his side of the bed, he's still awake but his eyes are only partially open

Without waking him or changing out of my shirt, I walk around to my side of the bed, I pull the covers back and slide into it, I then roll over and tap Luka gently on the shoulder. He looks over towards me, his face looking sleepy.

"What is it, Sophie Jane?"

I smile at him and reply. "I just remembered I haven't kissed you in a while."

Luka smiles at me sleepily, and I press my lips against his, in one, quick, sweet kiss. Luka then turns in the bed, now laying on his back, I get the message and lean my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Goodnight Sophie," Luka says, gently kissing the top of my head.

"Goodnight Luka. I love you."

"I love you too, Sophie Jane."

And just like that, I'm out like a light.

========================================== 

Okay, guys, I'm finally done with this chapter. First off, I'm sorry if the birthing scene was too much for you. My mom and dad are both nurses, so this is the norm for me. So finally, Heather had the babies. This wasn't a surprise to me, I've known from Chapter six that she was going to have twins. And like always, I had a hard time keeping it from you.    

How many of you knew about the twins?

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.  

Please be sure to follow the Rose_Wolf_ Author page and like us on FaceBook. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
1M 42.7K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
286K 13K 44
Complete. Rootbridge Pack - Book one. She's on the run. He's living a normal life. She's being chased by shadows - haunted by memories. He's just ha...