Wingman

By ravsisrekt

«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from... More

✔️
Prologue ✔️
Happy Birthday
Enabler
Cinderella
Cheating Again
Slap
Ice-Breaker
Hi
Date-Searching-Night
Ella
Douchebag
I'm Not Fine
Pancakes
Humble
Flirt
Only Ever Kissed
Khalil
Biggest Mistake
Mask Parties
Weird Friends
Noodles & Drama
Cutie With Dimples
Tired
He Likes Her
So, this dance...
Do you have feelings for me?
I'll go to the dance with you.
The Wingman Disconnects
Make a Fool of Myself
Confessions
Love on Water
Closure
Get You
Got You
*Thank You*

Strangers No More

54.1K 3.5K 6.6K
By ravsisrekt

[UNEDITED] - this chapter is meh but it's necessary for the plot so meh mEH.

Chapter Eighteen

"What?" Taehyung asks in shock. His body is limp, his eye less swollen from before. It's been three days since the brawl, Taehyung's been up and walking again. Smiling a little more, nothing but a great surprise hit him fast when Jungkook and Jimin finally came to visit.

Staying at Jin and Hoseok's place for the time being, Taehyung felt brighter and better with their energy around constantly. One morning, they left for class and Taehyung stayed behind to rest. Jimin messaged him earlier this morning. With a large smile, the injured boy held his breath when responding to the question, "You home?" Only to be surprised an hour later by both his friends he had not seen in a while.

Jungkook's eyes popped when seeing Taehyung's beaten form. Jimin's eyes softened as worry escaped his mad exterior. It was then they found out. He wondered why Jin didn't tell them? Or Hoseok? Or Yoongi?

"Wha—" Jimin was cut off by Jungkook who whispered, "Shit. I guess we've missed a lot."

They asked what happened and Taehyung told them after ushering them into Hoseok's room he had stolen for the time being. Excited to see them, Taehyung brought Jungkook to the bed and had him sit, while trying to do the same to Jimin. Head shook, Jimin mumbled, "I'm fine right here." He awkwardly moved to lean against a dresser, tense. Taehyung, noticed their anger still. He wondered why they came if not to talk about moving on.

Then they told me why they came. Jimin didn't say much, quiet and looking down to the tiles. Jungkook was the one to mutter out what he thought he saw a few nights ago. The same night Taehyung came to live here temporarily. With shoulders sulked, eyes narrowed, and head shaking in disbelief, Taehyung couldn't believe it.

"N-No, you must've seen someone else," the beaten boy says now.

Jimin shakes his head, scoffs to himself, and stares up to the ceiling. "I told you there was no point in telling him," the boy mumbles, glaring over at Jungkook. "Taehyung wouldn't dare question Oki's morals. Not even after the tool cheated on his girl repeatedly."

Taehyung's jaw flexes, his head starting to pound. His heart is racing, his mind is running wild. He registers what Jungkook says and goes into a long silence. Head ducks. "N-No, no that—he'd never. Not to me...knowing Ella and how seriously I take what happened. Oki wouldn't."

Jungkook's eyes fill in anger. He breathes, blinks away, and stands to his feet. "Let's go," he says while Jimin already leans off the dresser, about to move for the door.

Taehyung stands up himself. "Guys, come on! I'm not being delusional, nor am I in denial. Oki would NOT do that to me!" His voice is unintentionally loud. Anger flows, hurt flows, and he starts to project to the ones that cared enough to come inform him.

"What makes you so sure he wouldn't?" Jungkook yells. Jimin holds him back, pulling the riled boy to the door. Nothing stops Jungkook from flinching away, stepping towards Taehyung.

"He's my best friend!"

"Not a great one if he's out FUCKING your ex!" the first-year hollers. Jungkook puts emphasis on one word, knowing it'll irk the injured boy.

Taehyung's fists clench. "STOP! How do I know the two of you aren't lying? You're both mad at me and don't like Oki much at al—" Jungkook gasps. Jimin's eyes narrow, disbelief glues to his face. Taehyung's face falls. Anger vanishes and anxiety soars.

With a slow step forward, the boy's shaking voice says, "I didn't mean that, I—"

"Were we ever friends?" Jimin asks sad, "Or are we all just fake-outs for the times you feel lonely when not around your real boys...?"

"I'm done with this dirty-ass pacifier," Jungkook grumbles as he turns. "Call whatever this was to be officially over. O.V.E.R. Over."

"Jun—"

Jungkook pushes through the door into the hallway, and over to the main exit.

Jimin is frozen behind. He hesitates for a moment when Taehyung gently calls his name. It's a beg. With slow eyes, Jimin looks back and finds Taehyung's anger back. He's overwhelmed, registering and about to cry. Normally, Jimin would stay back and comfort no matter how poorly he is treated afterwards or during. Not this time. With a cold, "Just be cautious," Jimin follows Jungkook's path out.

Taehyung rushes after the two but there's no use.

"Have a nice life Freddy Kreuger's uglier twin!" Taehyung doesn't need to see the face of this person to know who says it.

Watching his two friends go, Taehyung slams the door and paces. His fists are strong, his nails are digging. He wants to hurt something. He wants to hurt himself. Anger subdues to self-pity and sadness when he ends in a crouch by the corner of Hoseok's borrowed bed.

The information registers.

Taehyung cries until he's numb once again. Smiles lost.

[4 hours later]

Oki's in class. The same class where most of his time goes by staring at you sitting in the front row. Today, he stares at you feeling dirty. He's hurt from seeing Taehyung and you together, but now moreover what he did with Ella three days ago. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"How many times do I gotta tell you? Stop staring at her," Khalil's voice sparks up. Oki glances away from you and at his friend. Khalil shakes his head, sighs and whispers, "You've got to get over that slut. Find a new honey, it won't be so hard."

Oki blinks. "What did you just say?"

"Find a new—"

"Before that..." the boy says through his teeth.

"Stop staring at her," Khalil stupidly replies.

Oki's teeth grit. He looks away from the boy and over to the teacher that lectures. "Don't call her a slut," is all he mumbles under his breath. Oki forces himself to remain calm.

"That's what she is though?" Khalil laughs. "She fucked around with your best friend...?" The boy shrugs as if he's justified the most casual statement in the world.

"What am I then?" Oki says. "Huh?" "What am I then? I cheated on her multiple fucking times, label me if she's gonna be dragged for one little fucking thing she fucking did—FUCK." Oki's lip twitches. He stops himself. His jaw hurts along with his head that starts to pound. A few people sitting around them hear his voice grow louder from a whisper.

Oki moves his hands into his face. He sees Ella, he sees himself. He sees you and Taehyung. Then Oki sees what he wishes to see, that one night with you with nothing but talking. You wore a Star-Wars shirt that dulled in its print, pajamas long and loose, afraid they'd fall off if he tugged too hard. With giggles every time he tried, you'd scold him and snuggle into his chest on the bed. His heart fluttered then, loud and fast and he didn't know what to do with you so close. Smiling, Oki remembered telling you everything that night. He even talked about his mother—a person he never spoke about. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Oki breaks out of the memory. His heart aches, his eyes water. He needs to leave.

Khalil leans back into his chair in response, eyes wide. "Yo...bro.......you good?"

With a toss of his pen that flings straight into the friend's oblivious face, Oki snaps, "I'm fucking perfect," before grabbing his notebook and bag. He walks out trying to be subtle but failing. The professor stops and watches him leave, while most of the students direct their eyes over.

You're apart of the pack. Eyes watching the boy storm out, a huge part of you falls into a pit. Then you think of Taehyung, the make-out, and Oki hurting his best friend. Heat rising to your cheeks, you grab your thinks and try to be subtle. You fail. Your bag tangles with the corner of your seat. You follow Oki the same way he left.

The professor clears his throat, pretending nothing happened as he focuses back to the projector screen.

Hugging your books to your chest and blushes creeping over, you can see just how tense Oki is from how his tee hugs his shoulders and back. His bag is held by his hand in fists, while papers twist and turn from the notebook he mistreats. Boots clanking on the tiles of the silences hallway outside, you run, then speed-walk to slow down.

"O-Oki—" you don't continue when he stops immediately.

Holding in a breath, the boy doesn't turn and you're glad for it. To you, he's angry upset and impulsive. In reality, there are tears down his cheeks. He curses, not wanting to turn around.

Awkwardly, you forget your pride and anger when whispering, "What you did to Taehyung wasn't right. He's your best friend and you hurt him...I..." you swallow hard. The boy still hasn't turned and that makes you feel uneasy. This is harder than you initially thought. "...What happened between us was spontaneous and in the moment. Taehyung was high and drunk—not that—" You sigh, "—All I'm trying to make clear is that if you're going to be mad, don't take it out on him. Take it out on me."

Oki's shoulders relax a little. But then you blink, and they look as if they didn't move at all.

Nothing is said until a few later moments when you ask, "...Can I ask you something?"

Again, not moving or saying anything. You take that as a yes and say, "You hurt me. You ended us...You're the one who cheated..." You stare at the back of his head, holding on to your textbooks with dear life. "W-Why'd you get so angry whe—"

"He's my best friend and he made out with my ex," Oki says roughly. He masks the strain in his voice well. "It breaks rules in a friendship. How would you like it if Pela and I—"

"Okay," you cut him off. Your heart jumps a little at the thought and you despise it.

Oki breathes. "Can I ask you something?" his voice is soft.

"No."

He asks anyway. "Do you still love me?"

You ignore that. Heart twisting and eyes stinging in response. "Lay off Taehyung. You two have been friends for a long time I assume, keep it that way. Don't fuck it up."

Too late. "Are you worried about him from that night?"

"Any sane person would be..." you try to answer slowly, not wanting to have Oki assume anything. "You acted disgustingly."

"I'm sorry."

"Tell him that."

"I don't think he'll want to talk to me after what I tell him today," Oki says slowly.

Your brows furrow at that. "What does that mean?"

"Nothing."

Your index finger pokes at one edge of your book. "Okay."

Oki raises his arm and wipes the tears off his face as if he's wiping sweat.

"I fucked up with you. I really did. I never really apologized for hurting you..."

"I don't want to hear it."

"I'm sorry," he sighs. He finally turns around to look over with his red eyes and wet cheeks.

You fear this. This moment. Knowing of every part of your body will want to fight fight fight the melting of your heart and the pathetic crawl back to him. You couldn't do that to yourself. No matter what. I can't I—"I'm still in love with you," he painfully whispers.

You whimper in response. Tears flood open like the elevator doors of The Shining.

"I miss you so fucking much I-I, I love you I—" Oki steps to you and you hold on to every part of your sane mind. Shaking your head, you step two steps hastily back. "You can't do that. Not after everything," you say.

"I can't help what I feel."

"If you truly loved me you wouldn't have cheated on me. Many many many—" you cry when remembering your birthday, "On my birthday too? You don't fucking love me you bitch."

"I'm sorry."

"Fuck your apology."

He cries. You cry. He moves forward, you step back.

"I can't do this anymore? Pretend that I'm okay with moving on to another woman! I lay around, I kiss around, but it's not the same. I can't live without you. I can't!"

"Fix things with Taehyung," you mumble last. With that, you turn to walk away.

Oki curses. He whimpers and breathes in defeat, "I slept with Taehyung's ex-girlfriend three days ago."

Your watery eyes widen. You freeze.

[2 hours later]

Taehyung numbly stands in his apartment when Oki walks through the door. The night is late, the sky is dark. Oki's red eyes match Taehyung when the both stand in front of the other. There's nothing in the injured boy's gaze. Oki's is tired and upset, weight of what he did heavy. Both stand, knowing exactly what is not said out loud.

Oki glances away first and Taehyung blinks.

"I'm so sorry."

That validates what Taehyung already knows. The boy's eyes sting, but he doesn't cry anymore.

Not anymore.

He takes in a breath, whips his head back, and stands blinking up at the ceiling.

Oki throws himself at him, an embrace that is desperate but unforgiving. Taehyung doesn't return the hug, looking at the way the ceiling works up ahead. He wants to grab onto something, anything, anyone and cry.

But not Oki.

Not anymore.

Taehyung pulls away from him, sighs near his face, and moves around.

"Taeh—"

"No."

The walk to the main trashy lobby is slow. Taehyung drags his feet and gets eyes from a few that walk past him. Nothing fazes him. He's outside and shaking. The streets are dark, the keys to Jin's van are in his pocket. He wants to drive but not to a safe place. Moving the corner, he aims to punch the wall but withdraws with a sharp breath when a loud shout echoes into his ringing ears.

"WAIT WAIT!" A head ducks and hair flashes away from eyes before looking up. Taehyung stares at who he almost hit, and the water at his eyes freely leaves him once in the cold night.

It's you he stares at.

"What're you doing here?" He whispers. His heart races and it's because he almost attacked you on accident, nothing more.

"I convinced Oki to come and see you," your breath, eyes soft when seeing the tears in the boy's eyes, "He thinks I left as soon as I caught a ride with him here...but I couldn't leave. I wanted to make sure no one came flying out a window." You smile but it's sad.

Taehyung doesn't smile. It's like he's forgotten how.

"He slept with Ella."

Your smile falls. Taehyung's broken. He's shaking. He's not okay.

"Y-Yes."

"He fucking slept with her h-he," Taehyung's face moves into a crying state, his mouth tongue lapping and moving out drool that dangled to his shirt. His face looked terrible and you forced your eyes not to stare at his hurt on the exterior, but rather the more obvious hurt. What he tore apart inside. "I can't do this anymore, I-I can't go through all of this, I—"

Your heart hurt for him. Taehyung heaved in long breaths, chest shaking as he stumbles back and starts to walk towards the parking lot. In a panic and not wanting him doing anything stupid, your hesitant hand pinch the cloth of his shirt causing the boy to sharply turn.

"Please make it stop..." Taehyung bumps straight into you. You glance up at his eyes and see the desperation. Too close, you move back into the wall of the building to find that he only follows. "P-Please...please." He does it. He grabs on to something, anything, anyone.

Your breath shakes when he sinks into your neck. His arms go around your waist and the tilt of his arms bring you to stumble into the weight of his body. Eyes softening, he cries into your shoulder. You've never experienced such a tight hold from another before. Finding it hard to breathe.

"I don't want to be fucked up again." Taehyung snorts up the snot in his nose, rubbing the cold tip of his nose away from your shoulder and into your neck, hair, then temple. He blinks his eyes shut, holds your hips tighter, and whines. "I don't, I don't."

You breathe in cracks. The difficulty doesn't stem from his hold but rather...

Hands moving away from his chest that tried to push him off earlier, you move alongside the tenseness of his body and hug him back. Awkward at first, Taehyung's mouth lingers to the side of your temple when your arms lock around his neck soothingly.

"It'll be okay."

"No, it won't."

"Yes, it will be okay," you say gently, "It has to."

"I can't stay with Oki. Not right now, I'll go mad. I can't, I—" He sighs at your temple, his tears pour fast. You bravely move your hand to the nape of his neck and pet his hair. "You don't have to. It's okay," you reassure.

"I shouldn't be holding you, I'm sorry I'm—"

"It's okay."

Taehyung sinks his head. His tears drench your collarbone.

With soft eyes staring off into the parking lot, you look to Jin's hood and hug Taehyung greater. Less hesitation.

Oki watches from the building's exit/entrance. His eyes darting down and mind running wild in sad assumptions. He goes back inside without a fuss, head swooped low.

-
A/N: more light-hearted chapters coming up! Got the heat out the way! Great! You survived!...for now Mwhahahahaha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 97 18
Life was going alright for both Jimin and Jungkook when they had no idea about each other. But one fine day when Jungkook accidentally enters the wro...
1.5K 103 33
"let me kiss all your hurt, pain and scars away." Namjoon whispered as he slowly unbuttoned Jin's shirt, gently trailing down kisses from his chest t...
2.7K 87 10
Namjoon is the leader anyone would want and ever need. He is put to the test when Taehyung comes and asks for advice to the problem at hand. But what...
48.1K 2.2K 20
"Tell me Jimin, do you ever kiss Taehyung?" "We kiss all the time." Jimin cleard his throat, then added, "We just...do it in private." A smug express...