End Of The Line // Ralph Dibny

By breezzer_bree

Not All Buses Reach Their Destination, How Do I Know That? I Was On One... Willow Blakes whole life was norma... More

End Of The Line
Chapter 1 - That Night
Chapter 2 - Humble Beginings
Chapter 3 - Still No Father
Chapter 4 - The Scheme
Chapter 6 - What A Day
Chapter 7 - Carnival Games
Chapter 8 - Bus Rides
Chapter 9 - Insane
Chapter 10 - Drinking to Country Music
Chapter 11 - Not Very Lucky
Bus 405 - Part One
Bus 405 - Part Two
Chapter 12 - A Old 'Friend'
Chapter 13 - Villains?
Chapter 14 - A Good Cop
Chapter 15 - (Former) Mayor Bellows
Chapter 16 - Snake-like Thing With Teeth
Chapter 17 - No, No Love
Chapter 18 - I Need A Drink
Chapter 19 - I'm Not Jealous. You're Jealous
Chapter 20 - Hocus-Pocus?
Chapter 21 - You Will Never Get a Super Suit
Chapter 22 - Petty Lies And Real Truth
Chapter 23 - Secrets
Chapter 24 - You Big Baby
Chapter 25 - Clifford DeVoe
Chapter 26 - Shrimp? I hate it
Chapter 27 - The Date
Chapter 28 - Me, Wrong?
Chapter 29 - Flipping Nazi's
Chapter 30 - Death Doesn't Come That Easily
Merry Frickin Christmas (One-shot)
Chapter 31 - No More Lies
Chapter 32 - One time in an alleyway...
Chapter 33 - When The Mask Falls Away
Chapter 34 - Helpless
Chapter 35 - The Grim Reaper
EOTL ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! + One Shot!
Chapter 36 - You Won't Believe This False Hope
-Announcement-

Chapter 5 - Here a Meta-Human, There a Meta-Human.

1.9K 50 18
By breezzer_bree

"Iris!"

...

There always comes a point in your life when you reckon what is real, and what is fake. In this world, my world, it seems that everything that I thought was fake, is in fact real.

There are people who can touch the skies, teleport, read minds or run faster than you can imagine. It just happens Iris is one of them.

...

She disappeared. Right in front of me, I locked eyes with her a second before she vanished. The only logical explanation is that she is a meta-human. I read about them in the news, they had superhuman abilities, hundreds of them lived among us. But I can't believe she was one! It makes so much sense, she had an emergency that she couldn't tell me... HER SECRET IDENTITY! She's probably saving the city as I speak!

I opened one phone buzzing with excitement. If she really was one, what were her powers? What was her secret identity? Did she need a sidekick? Cause here I am!

All the pieces starting falling into place, That's why she was so distant, why she had to leave all of a sudden and couldn't think of a good excuse. I went to the recent news and what I saw shocked me.

Robbery In Process At Central City Bank, Meta-Human Suspect.

The suspect appears to be female that possesses teleportation meta-human abilities, police are on the scene though The Flash is yet to show up.

"No no no no no" I stuttered to myself, she's a villain? That didn't seem like Iris! No, she left to stop this criminal. Not be one!

Even though I told myself else wise my mind was working away and proving it was her.

She disappeared.

She can teleport.

It happened right after she left.

NO!

Iris was not a criminal!

I dialled her number praying she would pick up.

"Agh!" I yelled.

"Iris pick up! please pick up! Please..." I prayed,

She didn't pick up.

Aagggggghhhhhh!

"Taxi!" I waved one down and got in, "Central City Bank" I requested hoping he hadn't heard the news yet. Lucky for me he hadn't. I had to get to the scene and see what was happening.

10:30 am

I was going to be late to class. The taxi was a little more than halfway to the bank but I still had time to make it to my second class. I could go to one or the other.

No. what was I thinking, if it was truly Iris robbing the bank I had to stop her, maybe she had to. Like someone blackmailed her, or she was threatened! Or she was in a tight money situation and this was the one time she used her powers for wrong. Iris West isn't a bad person, that's what I know for sure. But it might not even be Iris! But what if...

I kept my mouth shut till we arrived at the Bank.

"Oh," He said seeing the situation outside the car. "You mind if I drop you off somewhere else?"

"I do," I said, shoving the money at him and ran out the car. I crossed the road which was filled with traffic and I rushed up to the police tape. I pushed through bystanders and tried to get a good look at the suspect. People buzzed around me all trying to do the same, police cars cut off access to the bank and the officers stood blocking us civilians.

"Nothing to see folks!" One called "The suspect is no longer at this location"

"Did you catch her!" I guy called from the crowd. I looked up to the policeman.

He visibly gulped. They didn't catch her.

The cop talked into his walkie-talky probably asking what to say. After receiving an answer he gulped again and nervously looked at the crowd.

"Um, Shortly"He mumbled, Ohhhhh was that the wrong answer because it started an uproar in the crowd.

So she wasn't at this location anymore... What was I doing!?!?! This might not even be Iris! It could be a completely random person!

But my gut told me I had to search for this person. Maybe destiny? But where would this mysterious person be?

With impeccable timing, I caught something out of the corner of my eye... WTF!?!?!? A BLUE PORTAL! It appeared for just a second then vanished, I looked closer and started to run to the location when I saw what looked like another meta-human. As I got closer I hid behind a car and peeked over.

He had long black hair and wore a black, red and yellow suit? Damn central city is just filled with these meta-humans. He put his hand up to his ear to what looked like a communicating device and asked someone where she went. By she, I assumed he was talking about the rouge teleporter (It better not be Iris), so that meant he was probably a superhero.

He waved his hands and the blue portal appeared and he leapt into it. I ran out from my hiding spot and attempted to touch the strange portal but it closed to fast. I fell to the ground and moaned from the pain.

I stood up frantically and looked around, blocks away I watched as the portal reappeared and the guy jumped out again. Wait... Is he a teleporter? It didn't look like he was running but what if it was him. IT WAS A FEMALE, my conscious reminded me and I sighed. My mind was too small to handle all this.

Something told me I had to follow this guy, I sprinted down to where the man appeared and a single cop car raced by, what made me laugh was what the 'superhero' was doing, he was hunched over catching his breath, I guess even superheroes need to take a breather. I was still pretty far away when a blast of air rushed by me knocking me over.

"Do Meta-Humans have any manners!" I yelled and got up. Standing next to the one with black hair was another male in a yellow and red suit. I kept running towards them to see what was happening. I was almost at them, just I few steps away when I stopped running and realized, what in the world was I doing?! I couldn't just run up to them, I started to veer to the right when I caught the new guy saying "-I see no duck."

Right behind them, the rouge teleporter appeared and punched them both knocking them down.

"Peek-a-boo" She smiled and I caught I look at her features, OH THANK GOD IT WASN'T IRIS!

I was feeling so relieved I forgot that there was a fight going on. "Thank god" I sighed. Then I realized.

I hadn't made it to the side of the road yet.

Their heads whipped in my direction.

Well... Shit.

Her arm wrapped around my neck, I clawed at her arm but she wasn't moving a bit. She held me up and my legs dangled.

"Help!" I let out a muffled cry.

"Iris she has a hostage." One of them yelled into their earpiece.

"Your only warning boys," She started tightening her grip on me, "Stay back."

-------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
3.6K 38 35
The team at S.T.A.R Labs had a lot on their mind. They were facing a mysterious man who kidnapped metas. So far only one had escaped. Alexis "Alex" B...
274K 5.1K 51
(Season 1 Of The Flash) Growing up without parents is hard enough, but it's even harder when no one understands you. That was Chloe's world...
14.4K 377 9
(CW Arrowverse X Son of Zoom) When my father came to earth 1, he terrorized the world and nearly destroyed the multiverse. Well, not until The Flash...