Pokemon Champion: The Burden...

By GhostOfTheUchiha

This Story Is Told From The Perspective Of Kaiso, The Pokemon League Champion Of The Sinnoh Region. A Month A... More

The Champion
The League
The Champions Presence
The Champions Mind
The Champions Weakness
The Champions Lesson
The Champions Heart
The Champions Wrath
Champion Kaiso
The Aftermath
The Sprints
The Champions Past And Future
The Strength Beyond A Champion
The Champions Legacy Part 1
The Champions Legacy Part 3
The Champions Legacy Part 4
The Champions Legacy Part 5/ The Turning Point
Motivation

The Champions Legacy Part 2

334 1 0
By GhostOfTheUchiha

                  (3 Years Ago, Kaiso Age 17)

"As Reports Continue To Pour In. The Ongoing Attacks From Team Galactic Appear To Be Imcreasing In Violence And Severity. Three Cities And Ten Routes Have Been Shut Down As Well. Police Forces Advise Civilians To Stay Indoors And Not To Leave Out For Any Reason." The News Reporter Says. I Turn The Television Off And I Sit Down On The Couch Next To Aaliyah And Tome.

"It's Looking Like They're Headed Towards Mount Coronet" I Say Petting My Dragonite.

"So That Means That Team Galactic Is On There Way Here Now? What're We Gonna Do?" Aaliyah Says Curling Her Legs Up. I Can See Her Shaking In Fear As An Explosion Erupts Outside The Hotel We Are Staying In.

The Hotel Manager Comes Out Of His Office And Pulls Me To The Side. "There Is No Way We Are Going To Be Able To Keep This Hotel Secure, There's Too Many People That Could Be Taken As A Hostage"

I Look At Him In His Darting Eyes And I Put My Hand On His Shoulder. "No Need To Worry About That, I Got Us Covered"

I Walk Past Tome And Aaliyah Towards The Door And They Both Get Up After Me. Tome Grabs Me By My Shoulder And Turns Me Around.

"Kaiso, Where The Hell Are You Going? You Can't Seriously Be Thinking About Trying To Fight Team Galactic By Yourself"

I Snatch Myself Away From Him. "If We Don't Do Something Then Team Galactic Is Gonna Take Over This Hotel And Put Everyone In Harms Way. If I'm Going To Be The Champion I Have To Be Able To Protect Everyone. Including You And Aaliyah."

I Turn To The Door As The Explosions Get Closer And Louder. I Call Back My Dragonite And She Goes Into Her Pokeball.

"Kaiso Please, You Don't Have To Do This. I Can Defend Myself I Promise" She Says Giving Me A Hug.

"This Isn't Just About You. If Someone Doesn't Stand Up To Them No One Will." I Say Pushing Her Off Of Me.

"Well Then I'm Going With You. You Seriously Can't Go Out There By Yourself" Tome Says Taking Out Torterras Pokeball.

"No, Just In Case Anything Happens To Me I Need You Two Here To Make Sure No One Gets In Or Out This Hotel, Protect This Building With Your Life" I Tell Tome. He Nods His Head And Sits Back Down. "Aaliyah, You're Stronger Than You Know, You Don't Need To Be Afraid."

I Wipe A Tear From Her Eye As She Gives Me A Final Hug And Runs Behind Tome. I Turn Around To The Door, Take A Deep Breath And Step Outside Into The Cold Night. The Blistering Wind Feels Like Needles On My Face. I Can Head Footsteps Getting Closer And I Walk Further Away From The Hotel.

"So I'm Guessing You're The Famous Kaiso We've Heard About" A Team Galactic Member Says. Seven Of Them Appear From The Shadows With Their Mouths Covered In Cloaks.

I Start Laughing. "I Guess My Fame Precedes Me Huh? How About We Make This Easy" I Say Throwing My Coat Off. I Grab Dragonites Pokeball And Toss It In The Air. She Pops Out And Stomps On The Ground Causing The Entire Route To Shake. "You Guys Just Walk Away From Here Now Before Someone Gets Hurt" I Say Smiling.

They All Surround Me As They Take Out Their Pokeballs. Dragonite Flaps Her Wings Causing All Seven Of The Grunts To Cover Their Faces.

"Last Warning. Turn Back Now Or I Won't Show Any Mercy"

"What Can One Trainer Possibly Do Against Seven? Even If Our Leader Does Worry About You There Is No Way You Can Beat The Seven Of Us. The Strongest Members Of Team Galactic"

"Let's Test That Out Then. Dragonite!!" The Team Galactic Members Each Send Out A Different Eevee Evolution. Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Silveon, And Glaceon.

"Dragonite, Draco Meteor!!!" Dragonites Body Turns Red As She Fires Off A Blast That Rockets Into The Air.

The Seven Team Galactic Members Fire Off An Array Of Blasts And Attacks That Dragonite Effortlessly Dodges As The Draco Meteor Attack Splits Up Into Multiple Blasts And Rains Down Over The Battlefield.

"Dragonite, Dragon Claw Now!! Attack Glaceon!" I Command. Dragonites Claw Gets Engulfed In A Blue Dragon Like Aura As She Flies Towards The Ice Type Pokémon.

"Espeon, Use Protect. Jump In Front Of Glaceon!!" The Psychic Type Eeveelution Jumps In Front Of Dragonite Just As She Slashes Her Attack.

"We Got You Now, Umbreon Use Shadow Ball!!" Umbreon Jumps Above Dragonite And Fires Off A Purple Orb In Front Of Dragonite.

"Shit, Dodge It Dragonite, Get Some Distance!!" I Command. Dragonite Flaps Her Wings As She Rushes Back Towards Me.

"We're Not Gonna Let You Get Away! Vaporeon, Ice Beam!!" The Water Type Pokémon Fires A Powerful Ice Blast That Dragonite Barely Dodges.

"Dragonite, Thunder Punch!!" Dragonite Covers Her Fist In Electricity And Punches Vaporeon In It's Face And Sends It Rolling Through The Dirt With Electricity All Over It's Body.

I Can See Dragonite Start To Breathe Heavily As Sweat Rolls Down Her Face. Flareon, Leafeon, And Silveon Surround Dragonite.

"Okay Dragonite. We're Gonna Finish This Alright?" Dragonite Looks Back At Me And Nods At Me.

"Flareon Fire Blast!!"

"Leafeon Leaf Storm!!"

"Silveon Moon Blast!!"

"Dragonite, Fly Into The Air Now!!!" Dragonite Rockets Into The Air Just As The Three Attacks Meet Each Other.

"Did You Forget About Us? Espeon Use Psychic!!" Espeons Eyes Glow Blue As Dragonite Is Frozen In Place Mid Air.

"Throw Dragonite Into The Dirt!!" Espeon Uses It's Psychic Powers And Slams Dragonite Into The Ground.

"Dragonite!!!" I Yell Running Towards Her.

"Not So Fast Kid. Glaceon Use Blizzard. Freeze That Dragon Where It Stands." Glaceon Fires Off A Blast Of Ice And Snow That Overwhelm Dragonite As She Lets Out A Painful Roar.

I Cover Up My Face To Prevent Ice Shards From Getting Into My Eyes. Once I Look I See That Dragonite Is Frozen Completely In Ice.

"Shit, Dragonite Break Out Of It!!" She Doesn't Respond.

"Well It Looks Like You're Done" One Of The Team Galactic Members Say. All Seven Of Them Surround Me As I Throw My Fists Up.

"How're You Going To Fight All Seven Of Us Plus Our Pokémon? You're Outmatched." All Seven Of Them Command Their Pokémon To Attack Me Directly And I Close My Eyes And Prepare For The Oncoming Pain. But It Never Comes.

I Open My Eyes And I See An Unmistakable Garchomp Blocking All Of The Attacks At Once. Only One Person Has A Garchomp This Powerful. A Woman With Blonde Hair Wearing A Black Coat Lands In Front Of Me.

"Kaiso, Tell Me Why You're Outside When I Gave Everyone Orders To Stay Indoors" She Extends Her Hand And She Helps Me Up.

"The Police Gave The Orders Not You" I Say Wiping Off My Clothes. She Laughs At Me.

"Who Do You Think Gave Them The Order?" She Says Flipping Her Hair. "It Seems Like You Were Trying To Bite Off More Than You Could Chew"

"Hey, We're In The Middle Of Something Bitch, Stay Out Of It!" One Of The Team Galactic Members Yell. Cynthia Waves Her Hand And Her Garchomp Slices It's Claw And It Knocks Out Every Pokémon In One Move. Garchomp Frees Dragonite From The Ice And The Two Dragon Type Pokémon Land In Front Of Cynthia And I.

"So, I'm Going To Let The Seven Of You Deliver A Message To Cyrus. Tell Him That Cynthia Is On Her Way." Garchomp Lets Out A Roar As The Seven Team Galactic Members Run Off.

"So What Is Going On Exactly?" I Ask Cynthia. She Looks At Me And Turns Around Saying Nothing.

My Eye Starts Twitching As She Continues To Ignore Me.

"Cynthia, What The Hell Is Going On? Who Is Cyrus? What Is Team Galactic Doing?" I Yell At Her.

She Lets Out A Big Sigh And Turns Towards Me.

"Let's Just Say For Right Now The Fate Of The Region And Quite Possibly The World Is At Stake. Cyrus Is The Leader Of Team Galactic And He Intends On Using The Power Of The Legendary Pokémon To Reshape The Universe In His Own Image. Dialga And Palkia The Legendary Pokémon That Control Time And Space."

My Stomach Drops At The Names Of The Two Legendary Sinnoh Region Pokémon. Names Rarely Mentioned, Encountering Them Is Nothing More Than A Dream.

"So What's The Plan?" I Ask. Cynthia Laughs At Me Again.

"Plan? Why Are You Asking? As The Champion I Refuse To Endanger A Trainer Unnecessarily" She Says Walking Away.

I Clench My Fists And Walk Up Behind Her.

"I'm Strong Cynthia. You Know I Am. I Can Help You. I Want To Prove That I Can Be Strong Like You" I Say Looking Her In Her Eyes. She Looks At Me With Deep Concern But Eventually Gives In.

"Ugh Fine, But You Follow My Orders Down To The Letter, Don't Question What I Say. This Is A Life Or Death Situation We're In Right Now" She Says Putting Her Hands On My Shoulders. I Give Her A Nod And She Smiles.

"We're Headed Towards Mt.Coronet. That's Where Most Of The Fluctuations In The Time Space Continuum Are Happening, And Where We Will Most Likely Find Cyrus And The Legendary Pokémon."

Cynthia And I Head Off Into The Direction Of Mt.Coronet. We Past A Host Of Sinnoh Gym Leaders As We Make Our Way To The Mountain.

"The Elite Four Should Be Nearing The Top Of Mt.Coronet By Now. We've Been At This For Hours Now" Cynthia Says As Rain Begins To Pour Down From The Sky.

"How Far Is The Walk Up The Mountain?" I Ask.

"Should Be About An Hour. We're Heading Towards Spear Pillar. The Highest Point In The Sinnoh Region. Don't Expect This To Be Easy Kaiso."

"I Was Born Ready For This." I Say Stretching My Arms And Legs. "You Don't Have To Worry About Me."

We Begin Our Walk Up Mt.Coronet And Cynthia Puts Her Hands Up Signifying Me To Stop. She Quickly Takes Out Her Pokeball As A Group Of Ten Team Galactic Members Surround Us.

"Fuck, We're Surrounded" I Say As I Take Out Lucarios Pokeball.

"Kaiso, Watch My Back" Cynthia Says As She Puts Her Back On Mines. "It Looks Like We're Gonna Have To Fight Our Way Through Here. Milotic Its Time For Battle!"

"Lucario. I Need Your Help!" Both Pokémon Land On The Ground And Nod At One Another.

"It's An Honor To Meet The Champion Face To Face" One Of The Team Galactic Members Says.

"Too Bad This Will Be A Short Greeting" Cynthia Says. The Team Galactic Members Send Out An Array Of Pokémon.

"Kaiso, We're Going To Need To Work Together. Follow My Lead" Cynthia Says Grabbing My Hand. I Nod At Her As She Gives Her First Command.

"Milotic, Grab Lucario And Throw Him Into The Air!!" Milotic Wraps Her Tail Around Lucario And Tosses Him Above Everyone.

"Lucario, Barrage Aura Sphere!!" I Yell. Lucario Relentlessly Throws Blue Energy Orbs Around The Team Galactic Pokémon Causing Dirt And Dust To Rise Into The Air.

"Milotic, Hydro Pump Now!!" Milotic Shoots Off A Blast Of Powerful Concentrated Water That Mows Down Three Of Team Galactics Pokémon In One Blow.

"They May Have The Numbers But Their Pokémon Are Weak Compared To The Trainers You Faced Earlier, Rip Them Apart" Cynthia Says With Her Eyes Glowing. I Get Goosebumps All Across My Arms As She Yells Another Command At Her Milotic.

"Lucario, Extremespeed! Show Them No Mercy!!" Lucario And Milotic Dance And Move Around One Another As They Take Out One Pokémon After The Other. They Look As If They've Been Fighting a Along Side One Another For Their Entire Lives.

"Milotic Use Surf!!" Cynthia Yells As Her Water Serpent Summons A Wave Of Water.

"Kaiso Now!!" She Yells.

"Lucario, Aura Sphere Full Power!!!" Lucario Charges Up An Aura Sphere Bigger Than It's Entire Body And While The Team Galactic Members Are Distracted By The Giant Wave, Lucario Splits The Wave Apart And Crushes The Remaining Pokémon Underneath His Attack.

As The Dust Clears The Team Galactic Members Run Out Of The Cave As Cynthia And I Call Back Our Pokémon.

"That Was Pretty Good Kaiso. But We're Not Done Here. We Still Have A Long Time Before We Reach The Top Of Mt.Coronet."

Cynthia And I Spend The Next Forty-Five Minutes Battling Our Way To The Top Of The Mountain. I'm Covered In Sweat And The Higher Up We Get It Becomes Harder To Breathe. Cynthia Glances Over At Me A Couple Times With A Concerned Look On Her Face But She Doesn't Say Anything.

We Walk For Another Ten Minutes And We Reach The End Of Mt.Coronet, The Cave Leading To The The Beginning Of Spear Pillar Is Right In Front Of Us. I Collapse To The Ground Right Before We Walk Outside.

"God Damn What's The Problem Now Kaiso? I Thought You Could Handle This. Are You Aware Of What's Outside That Door? The Fate Of The Universe. I Need You To Get Your Shit Together Right Now!!" Cynthia Says Picking Me Up By My Collar.

For Some Reason I Flinch At Her Anger And I Put My Hands Up Covering My Face. Cynthia Drops Me To The Ground. Anger Starts Welling Up Inside Of Me As I Pick Myself Up.

"Look Cynthia, I'm Trying" I Say As I Walk Up To Her. "I'm Trying To Show You That I Can Be Strong. That I Can Become The Champion. Regardless Of Whatever The Hell You Think About Me Now I'm Going To Prove It To You. Even If I Have To Single Handedly Beat This Cyrus And Dialga And Palkia With My Bare Hands!" I Yell As I Storm Out Of The Cave. When My Eyes Adjust To The Light, I'm Met With A Horrendous Sight.

Cynthia Pushes Me To The Ground And Runs Over To The The Four Elite Four Members Beaten And Bruised Up Lying On The Ground. Lucian The Psychic Type Specialist, Flint The Fire Type User, Aaron The Bug Type User, And Lastly. My Mother Katherine, The Fighting Type User.

They're All Knocked Out With Their Pokémon All Over The Place. Cynthia Checks All Four Of Them To Make Sure That They Are Okay.

My Mother Opens Her Eyes And Our Gaze Meets One Another. She Gives Me A Smile And Passes Out Again. Cynthia Gets Up With Tears Streaming Down Her Face With Her Garchomps Pokeball In Her Hand.

"CYRUS!!!!" Almost On Cue A Man With Blue Hair Holding A Red Chain Steps Out From Behind A Pillar.

"Cynthia My Darling How Wonderful It Is To See You Again" Cyrus Says Running His Hand Through Her Hair. I Get Upset At That For Some Reason And I Walk Towards Both Of Them.

"Hey Asshole, Don't Put Your Fucking Hands On Her!" I Yell Running Towards Him. He Waves His Hand And I'm Hit With An Attack From A Pokémon. Cynthia Calls Out My Name As Two Women With A Skuntank A Huge Skunk Looking Type Pokémon And A Purugly A Fat Cat Looking Pokémon Stand Over Top Of Me.

"As Commander Cyrus's Second In Command, I Simply Can Not Allow You To Interfere With Our Plans" The Woman With Red Hair Says. "As Commander Mars Of Team Galactic I Will Put You In Your Place Along Side That Pathetic Excuse Of An Elite Four"

"Mars, You Can't Have Him All To Yourself" The Woman With Purple Hair Says. "As Cyrus's Second In Command, I Jupiter Will Be The One To Destroy You"

The Both Of Them Walk Closer Towards Me As An Explosion Happens Behind Them. Cynthia Lets Out A Pain Filled Yell As She Curses Cyrus Out.

I Get Up And I Take Out Infernapes Pokeball.

"Cyrus Has Strength That Greatly Surpasses The Champion Herself. She May Fight Valiantly But In The End She Will Lose, And You Will Meet The Same Fate As Her And This Pathetic World." Jupiter Spits At Me.

"You Aren't An Elite Four Member, You're Not Even A Gym Leader, Let Alone Someone On The Champions Level. You're Too Weak To Do Anything. You Will Be The Reason Why Cynthia Loses, You Will Be The Reason That Everyone You Love Dies." Mars Says.

Their Words Cut Me Like A Knife, What Hurts Me Is The Fact That They're Not Wrong. I Start Chuckling.

"You Know What? You're Right. I'm Not A Gym Leader, Or A Member Of The Elite Four, And I'm No Where Near The Level Of Cynthia. She Did Drag Me Here And It's My Fault That She Isn't At Her Full Strength. But If There's One Thing I Can Do It's This. I Can Make Sure That Even If The World Or Universe Does End, Even If Cyrus Does Want To Reshape The Universe In His Image, I Can Make Sure That The Two Of You Don't See It, I'm Going To Make You Pay For Hurting My Mother. Do You Hear Me!!" I Yell As I Call Out My Partner Infernape. He Lets Out A Loud Roar That Shakes The Ground Itself.

"I'll Take You Both On Right Here, Right Now. I Don't Care If You're Stronger Than Me, I'm Going To Make Sure You Don't Walk Away From Here Alive!!!!" Infernape Speed Blitzes Skunktank And Sends The Skunk Looking Pokémon Rolling Through The Ground.

"Purugly, Slash Him Now!!" Mars Commands.

"Infernape Mach Punch!!" Infernape Dodges The Cat Pokémons Claws And Uppercuts Her Sending Her Flying Into The Sky.

"Infernape Fire Punch!!" Infernape Covers His Fist In Flames And Launches Himself Towards Purugly. His Fist Meets Her Stomach And He Hits Her With A Three Piece Combo And Sends Her Shooting Towards The Ground.

"Skunktank Hit Infernape With Poison Gas!" The Skunk Pokémon Sprays Poison At Infernape But He Covers His Mouth And Nose.

"Your Pokémon Can't Fight With One Hand Can He?" Jupiter Says Laughing.

"I Guess We're Gonna Find Out!! Infernape, Flame Wheel!!" Infernape Covers Himself In Flames And Starts Spinning Like A Wheel Around Skunktank.

"Skunktank Get Away Now!!" The Skunk Pokémon Tries to Jump Away But Almost On Instinct Infernape Expands The Flames Totally Encompassing The Floor Catching Skunktank In The Flames.

"Purugly Body Slam Now!!" Mars Yells.

"Dodge It!!" Infernape Jumps Back And Grabs Purugly By Her Tail And Begins Swinging Her Around And Slams Her Into The Ground.

"Flamethrower!!" Infernape Inhales Deeply And Shoots Flames Out Of His Mouth That Engulfs Purugly Where She Stands.

My Breathing Gets Heavier Every Passing Second. I Can't Take Any Breaks Or I Run The Risk Of Being Overwhelmed By Their Strength.
The Only Thing I Have Them Outclassed In Is Speed, If I Can Keep Hitting And Running I Can Tire Them Out And Land The Finishing Blow.

I Can Hear The Roar Of Cynthias Garchomp As She Battles Cyrus. Is Cyrus Really As Strong As These Two Say He Is? Cynthia Falls To Her Knees As Garchomp Lands On The Ground Beside Her.

"You're Paying Attention To The Wrong Battle Kid!!" Mars Says As Purugly Slashes Infernape Across His Face.

"Skunktank Hit Him With Your Poison Gas!!" Skunktank Sprays It's Poison As Infernape Inhales It And Falls To The Ground Holding His Chest And Coughing.

I Fall Down As Well With Sweat Pouring Down My Face. It Hurst Every Time I Breathe And My Vision Is Getting Blurry.

"It Looks Like You're At Your Limit" Jupiter Says As The Two Pokémon Relentlessly Attack Infernape. I Stretch Out My Hands To Try And Reach Him But It's Useless. I've Used Up All The Energy I Had In Me.

I've Failed Tome, Aaliyah, Cynthia, My Mother, The Sinnoh Region, And Quite Possibly The Universe As Well All Because I Was Too Weak. God Damnit, I Pass Out As The Laughs Of Mars And Jupiter Reverberate In My Head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.3K 54
The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was renowned for being a Dragon Master, and her...
54.8K 1.1K 24
Ash Ketchum is a man of many secrets he is The Unknown Champion of Alola, An Aura Guardian and A Psychic, and The Secret Prince of The Kingdom Of Rot...
69.5K 868 13
It the ending of Ashs journey in Kalos. Or is it? More things take place after he defeated the Pokemon League. The gang was going to split up but not...
81.5K 1.3K 24
Serena is the princess of the Kalos Kingdom. Her mother the queen is making her become Queen and wanting her to find her prince. Her mother goes and...