Insecure [rochan]

By katzmotelrm

"I'm too old for a babysitter." "I can be more than your babysitter." More

Prologue
Did
You
Change
Or
Not?
You're
Acting
A
Bit
Awkward
It's
Obvious
It's
A
Fact
I'm
Bit
Strange
You're
So
Dazzling
I
Can't
Look
At
You
So
I'm
Closing
My
Eyes
My

A

2.1K 154 118
By katzmotelrm

Rowoon came into his house, surprised that Youngbin was home. Rowoon let out a long deep sigh in front of his brother hoping to get his attention. 

Youngbin looked up from his phone with annoyance. 

"What's wrong?" Youngbin questioned. "Come tell hyung what's wrong."

Rowoon just simply sat on Youngbin's lap, as if he was five and cuddled into his brother. 

"Chanhee won't tell me what's wrong with him," Rowoon said with a small pout. 

"Actually, why are you not watching him?" Youngbin asked. 

"Because his dad is home and he wanted to spend time with his kid," Rowoon said sadly. 

"What are you guys, like a thing, or?" Youngbin questioned. 

Rowoon sat up straight and slid off his brother's lap, placing himself on the couch next to him. 

"Well, I think we are but he's not open about it," Rowoon said simply. "That's the problem, he won't tell me why he doesn't want to be open about our relationship."

"Maybe he's embarrassed," Youngbin suggested. 

"Of me?" Rowoon questioned with sadness. 

"Or of being gay," Youngbin said simply. 

Rowoon paused. He never thought about that. He never thought Chanhee might be ashamed of being gay, maybe he hasn't fully come out. Has he even come out to my parents?

"I feel like there is a deeper meaning to it," Rowoon said simply. 

"Hey, he'll open up when he's ready, it'll be fine," Youngbin reassured. 

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Rowoon questioned.

"Anything," Youngbin answered. 

"What's with you, Inseong and Jaeyoon? I don't see them as much," Rowoon said, a bit worried about his brother. "I know I saw Inseong like yesterday but that was the first time in a long time."

"Well, Jaeyoon and Inseong have been spending a lot of time together," Youngbin said a bit sadly. "But I still chill with them."

"Are you ok?" Rowoon questioned. 

"Yeah, I'm honestly over it, I'm kind of happy for them," Youngbin said with a small smile. 

"That's good, I'm just checking on you cause I always tell you my problems," Rowoon said simply. 

"Thank you Rowoon," Youngbin said with a smile. He then looked at the time and stood up quickly. "I've got to get to class, I'll see you later."

"Okay," Rowoon said simply as he watched his brother leave for his afternoon classes. 

He really needed to talk to Chanhee. He was hoping the boy would message him first. 

~

"How's school?" His father, Minhyuk, asked as he watched the boy eat the frozen yogurt he bought for him. 

"It's fine, I've been adjusting," Chanhee said simply. 

"Make new friends?" Minhyuk questioned, eating his own frozen yogurt. 

"Yes, a few," Chanhee said simply. 

It was a bit awkward between the two. 

"Chanhee, I need to tell you something," his father said with all seriousness. 

"Are you going back to America?" Chanhee questioned with wide eyes. 

"No, but," his father paused for a second. "We're moving."

Chanhee froze at those words. 

"I got promoted and they need me to work in another city-"

"No," Chanhee said sternly. 

"Excuse me?"

"No. I'm not moving just cause of your stupid job," Chanhee said getting angry at his father. 

"Chanhee, listen-"

"No, I just started to make new friends and I feel happy and now you want to move?" Chanhee questioned with confusion. 

"I don't want to move, we have to-"

"No we don't, you can just leave again. Just like last time," Chanhee said as he got up from his seat. "It's not like you were there for me anyway."

Chanhee stormed out of the shop quickly. He was so frustrated he didn't know what to do. He just wanted to be as far away from there as possible. He kept walking quickly until he got to a park and he started to cry. 

He didn't understand why he was so sensitive, he always got upset too easily. 

He took out his phone and decided to make a phone call. 

To Rowoon. 

~

Rowoon was laying on his bed staring at the ceiling when he heard his phone go off. 

He picked it up quickly and looked who was calling. 

It was Chanhee.

"Chanhee, are you okay?" Rowoon asked with concern before the boy could even say anything. 

"Rowoon," Chanhee said sounding very upset. 

"What's wrong? Are you crying?"

"Yes. Can you come pick me up?"

"Sure where are you?"

"I'm at the park."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

"Okay."

Click.

Rowoon got up quickly and grabbed his keys. He needed to get to Chanhee fast, he was so worried about the boy.

-

Rowoon came as fast as he could. He spotted Chanhee on the bench waiting.

Rowoon parked his car and got out quickly. He ran over to Chanhee with worry.

Chanhee just looked at the other without saying a thing. He stood up and hugged Rowoon tightly.

"Are you going to tell me now?" Rowoon asked.

"Yes," Chanhee said simply. "Just hold me for a minute okay?"

"Okay," Rowoon responded.

-

"Tell me what's wrong," Rowoon said to the boy as he sat on the couch next to the younger who was wrapped up in a blanket. 

"Where should I start?" Chanhee questioned. 

"Start with why you don't want to be open about us," Rowoon said. 

Chanhee let out a sigh. 

"Well, when I was around 11 years old, I had my first crush on a boy. He was a kid that moved next door and he was the same age as me. We started to hang out and I really liked him, we held hands and I hugged him every time I saw him. But, one time, I saw him and he was hanging out with other friends and I went to say hi and hug him but he just pushed me to the ground and asked what I was doing and I said I was just saying hi but then he just turned to his friends and questioned if I was a homo. He didn't talk to me after that and I felt really heartbroken. And whenever I did see him, he'd usually be with his friends and push me down and call me names. I didn't go outside alone for months after that, and eventually, he moved away," Chanhee explained. "I guess I'm just scared I'll get bullied again."

"Chanhee, if anyone even tries to hurt you I will personally kill them," Rowoon told the boy. "I would never let anyone bully you ever."

"I'm still scared," Chanhee said sadly. 

Rowoon just put an arm around the boy and pulled him close. 

"It's okay if you're not ready, I'll wait," Rowoon said simply. 

"Really?" Chanhee questioned with shock as he looked up at the latter. 

"Yes, I was just worried you were ashamed or embarrassed by me," Rowoon said to him. 

Chanhee said nothing and just gave Rowoon a small kiss on the lips quickly. 

"I could never be ashamed of you," Chanhee said sweetly.

Rowoon smiled brightly, his cheeks tinting red a bit. 

"Really?" Rowoon asked.

Chanhee just nodded with a small smile. 

"Okay," Rowoon said, a bit overly happy that he was with Chanhee. "Now, are you going to tell me why you were crying?"

Chanhee froze as he started to remember. 

"Because" Chanhee started. "I'm moving."

*They finally got together but there are so many roadblocks. I hope yall liked it. ❤️*

-katz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 0 21
"One day, we'll grow up and leave this place. Then you won't need me anymore." "You're wrong. I'll always need you."
198 1 25
"If I wanted you dead, then you would be by now." "So you do like me." (Unedited story I wrote 2+ years ago and I felt like posting)
2.4K 105 19
"Listen to this crazy old man, girl, everything will be better if you leave things as they are."
25.7K 1K 17
❝︎we're not gonna be young forever.❞︎ ✘ an nct 00 line fanfic. HHYUNGGU 2021