Meet The Mafia Queen: End Game

Da frappaestel

[ πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 π“π‘πˆπ‹πŽπ†π˜ : πŸ‘ ] It's not yet over. The war hasn't ended yet. Language: Filipin... Altro

intro
i. wedding ceremony
ii. overthink
iii. what if
iv. at the moment
v. prank call
vi. money
vii. under attack
viii. arson
ix. liezel cruz
x. attack right away
xi. eric's golden sword
xii. incredibly smart
xiii. emperor's unsuccessful plan
xiv. someone's footsteps
xv. he's dead
xvi. you better be
xvii. the queen's possible death
xviii. fire at will
xix. his painful death
xx. a dramatic entrance
xxi. who knows?
xxii. eric's bet
xxiii. stab of his lies
xxiv. unexpected guest
xxv. clashing ideas
xxvi. the plan
xxviii. an unexpected partnership
xxix. a cryptic message
xxx. nobody or somebody?

xxvii. desperate for justice

1K 45 9
Da frappaestel

Vanessa's POV

Days instantly passed by. After a few days, we have come to this day — the day where the execution of our plan is about to happen. 

Jamie and I are both inside the same car. Eric's at home; still trying to recover — or should I say, still whining because he can't even walk to fight with us. 

But of course, knowing Eric, he wouldn't just stay there without contributing. He asked Smokey's men to bug the place where the Garden Exhibit will take place. He also had access to different CCTV Cameras to take a closer look at me, especially once I started to talk to our target. 

And Axel . . . 

He never said anything — and he's missing.

I looked at the window. The feeling of missing him resurfaces again.

"What about you?" I remember asking him while caressing his chest. 

"I'll lay low. I would be where you are but I'd remain hidden." His favorite thing to do — to be mysterious. Just like what he did to me, tch. 

"Aren't you going to tell me the plan you have in mind?" I was lowkey convincing him. 

I love him so well that I know when he's thinking something . . . ruthless. I know him so well. His eyes never lie. Whenever he's staring at me blankly, I know he's not just staring at me. He's thinking of ruthless acts in his mind. 

I pretended to be clueless but I just know him so well. I know he knows it too when I do the same. 

This morning, I felt him planting a kiss on my forehead. 

"Where are you going?" I moaned and slowly get up from the bed.

"Stay on the bed, baby." Axel told me. "I will just prepare for later." By later, he means now — the exact time where I'm with Jamie, getting ready for my confrontation with Liezel Cruz.

"May pupuntahan lang ako." Paalam niya.

"Where?" Tanong ko habang nakatingin sa kaniya. 

"Where the exhibit will take place."

If that's the case . . . where are you now, Axel? 

"Queen, three o'clock." Jamie informed me and pointed at our target's shadow.

Liezel Cruz on her way to the venue, wearing a basic cocktail dress and carrying a paper bag. She greeted the security guard outside with an innocent smile. She looks so innocent. Why would she play this game with me? When she got inside, I gazed at Jamie.

"Mukhang hindi siya armado. The guard checked on her and didn't say anything. I think we're good to go." She nodded her head at me.

"Okay, let's get inside."

I went outside the car and tried to analyze the surroundings.

No signs of Axel.

'I know you, Axel. And I hope you won't execute your plan.'

"Hmm. Looks like marami tayong bisita." Jamie uttered with a nervous smile. "I'm n-not nervous, just not . . . used to other people."

I shook my head, "Let's go, Charlotte." I emphasized her fake name.

I saw her smiling widely. "Alright, Meredith."

I took out my fake ID that Jamie processed last week and showed it to the security guard. He checked me just like what he did to Liezel. 

"Invitation, ma'am?"

'What?'

"I don't have one." I simply said. "I'm a VIP."

The security guard looked so confused and examined me from head to toe. 

"Sorry ho ma'am pero nasabihan po kasi ako na papasukin lang ang mga may dalang invitation sa exhibit."

"Uh, we didn't receive any dahil VIP kami. We also talked to the organizer of this event about it because we were worried this would happen pero she assured us na we will still get inside no matter what happens because we are VIPs."

When Jamie took the chance to explain, I was busy rolling my eyes behind my sunglasses.

'Damn, Eric! I thought he already handled this?!'

I swear, I'm going to put lots of peppers in his drink later! Damn it! I'm going to choke him to death!

"Ms. Meredith Eleanour, Mrs. Charlotte Vickies!" A familiar woman from the venue went outside and stood beside the security guard.

"I am so sorry for the trouble . . ." she looked at the security guard and whispered something. 

The security guard suddenly looked confused and scared. Nang tumingin siya sa 'kin ay parang gusto nalang niyang kumaripas ng takbo.

"S-sorry ho, mga ma'am. Pasensya po dahil hindi ko po kayo napapasok kaagad." He moved backwards to give us space while slowing bowing his head.

Pumasok na ako sa loob habang si Jamie ay nagpapasalamat pa sa security guard. I gave the woman who just came a side eye. 

I saw her bowing at me 90 degrees. I knew it. I smirked before putting my earpiece on and looked around the venue.

Angela . . . Eric's long time secretary. Not bad, huh?

I clicked the button on the earpiece I'm wearing four times as I heard some static, "Connect me to ERP."

"Roger that."

I went closer to a bunch of people to see what they're talking about only to disappoint myself as it is a wilted flower.

"The king is here!"

Napangiwi ako dahil sa lakas ng boses ni Eric. Damn it! I left where I was standing because there were so many guests there and I couldn't risk myself being caught talking to someone through a tiny and sensitive earpiece. They might find me suspicious.

"The hell was that about?!" I mumbled with irritation in my tone. 

"Ha? Ang alin, Vannie?" I could sense some amusement in his tone. 

He sounds like he's teasing me!

And he thinks that's something he should be proud of!

"The required invitation! I thought you already handled the situation! You almost made Jamie and I suspicious in here!" 

Remembering Jamie, I looked at her and saw her secretly glancing at me while pretending to be interested in someone who's explaining his plant to her.

"Vannie naman! Sa tingin mo ba ipapahamak ko kayo? Come mown!"

The hell with his tone. 

"Parte 'yon ng plano ko, Vannie. Ayaw mo no'n may pa-suspense!"

My lips formed an impatient line because of what he just said.

"Well, what you just did almost risked us!"

"OA naman Vannie. Chillax ka lang . . . inhale exhale ka muna diyan, hehehehe."

Damn it! He's so damn good at pissing the hell of me!

"Try to do it again, you, Eric Pireese, will surely end up sleeping in the bushes." I threatened him and shot a glare at the CCTV Camera near where I'm standing.

"A-ano? M-makati ro'n! Nakatulog na ako ro'n nung naglasing kami ni Tito! Wag naman, Vannie! Akala ko ba mahal mo 'ko?" He faked a cry.

"Ugh! Shut up!" I groaned angrily.

I felt a little bit embarrassed when some guests turned their backs and looked at me. What the hell? I glared at them, a look that said "What the heck are you staring at?"

"Eric naman . . . stop distracting, Queen." I heard Jamie's voice.

I studied the area to look for her and spotted her staring at some designs — as if she did not just talk to me — us, through an earpiece.

"Sorry, Jamie . . ." he calmly replied which made my brow lift.

That's quite unexpected, huh. If I know Eric would still throw fit even if Jamie's already taming his stupid mouth. 

I cleared my throat as I continued to observe the area. "Eric, can you connect me to Axel?" I requested.

"Triny ko na kanina Vannie kaso . . ." I heard him tsked which made me scrunch my eyebrow. 

"Is there a problem?" 

I know Axel's a skilled assassin but I can't help but worry. He's too . . . mysterious. There are times that I know what his plans are just by observing his actions and staring into his eyes but most of the time . . . I have no clue . . . 

"Hindi niya siguro suot ang earpiece niya, Vannie. Kahit anong subok ko, offline ang nakalagay sa status niya. Saan na naman ba kasi nagsusuot 'yong gagamba na 'yon."

I didn't mind what Eric said. Axel's just probably around . . . He assured me that he will always protect me. Having said that, he's surely here — hiding.

"Don't worry, Queen. I'll notify you once I see him around the area." Jamie assured me.

"Thanks, Jamie."

Right after that, Liezel — our target, caught my attention.

With all smiles on her face, she looks so thankful for the guest who she's talking to. As I walked towards her, she turned her back when the guests had already left to check other florists' designs. 

I observed her flowers.

"Nice flowers." I flatly uttered while examining the Lycoris — her flowers upfront. An eye-catching one.

She turned around, "Oh, thank—" her smile suddenly disappeared. ". . . you."

I smiled at her, a fake one. 

"Surprised?"

From my peripheral vision, I could see Jamie's staring at the both of us. Guarding me. 

"Not really." She replied nonchalantly. "Inasahan ko na ang pagdating mo rito, Vanessa." She emphasized my name. 

"Right." I agreed with her. "Especially because you're playing some stupid threats with me, huh?"

She smirked at me, "Bakit, natatakot ka na ba?" She fired back and crossed her arms. "Hindi pa ako nagsisimula, Vanessa. Gan'yan ka ba kaparaning?" Natatawang wika niya.

I remained serious. 

"You don't have any idea what possible consequences might come after you, Liezel." Tinitigan ko siya ng matalim. 

Bahagya siyang tumawa. "Oh, bakit? Are you going to kill me? Are you going to ask someone to murder me while I'm asleep? O are you going to poison me?" She asked in a challenging tone.

I didn't respond to her as she continued.

"If so, then do it!" She shouted at me — not enough for people to hear her. "Hindi ako natatakot sa 'yo, Vanessa. Matagal ko ng pinaghandaan ito . . . ang pagharap sa isang demonyo na katulad mo!"

"Queen." Said Jamie through the earpiece.

I kept my hands open — a sign for Jamie to let her know that I can handle it. 

"I didn't come here to argue with you, Liezel Cruz." I coldly admitted. "I came here to figure out why the fuck you are doing this."

She glared at me. "You're a heartless person." Tanging sagot niya. "That's my reason."

I clenched my jaw. Damn! Why is she so stubborn? "You're making the wrong choice, Liezel. You're a fucking civillian — messing with me, the Mafia Queen. Do you really think it's only me you have to fight with?" 

I hissed as I stare at her. Gradually getting irritated by the way she looks at me. 

"You're going to get yourself killed. Even if you are a civillian, you are not fucking safe from any deadly consequences. That's why I have to know why I have to know why you're doing this," I licked my lower lip. 

I rolled my eyes before I continued. "Are you a spy? Is someone threatening you to do this? To threat—"

"Walang nag utos sa 'kin . . . at mas lalong hindi ako espiya!" Aniya. "Sa tingin mo magpapadala ako sa ibang tao na saktan ka?" Tumawa siya. "Kung may mag utos man sa 'kin na patayin ka . . . hindi ko sila susundin. Dahil gagawin ko 'yon dahil gusto ko. Papatayin kita dahil gusto ko. Dahil iyon ang nararapat!" Madiin niyang bitaw sa mga salita niya.

"Then, why the fuck are you doing this?" Lumapit ako sa kaniya. I saw Jamie slowly coming towards us after noticing a tension between Liezel and I.

"You . . ." I saw some tears forming her eyes — tears that are the embodiment of both pain and anger. 

"You are so . . . heartless." She mumbled. "You . . . you took someone I love at pagbabayaran mo 'yon." 

With every word she says, she says it with conviction.

The irritation in my face gradually falls and tries to understand her. Henry Cleagy . . . ? 

"Sinusumpa ko . . . pagbabayaran mo ang ginawa mo sa asawa ko . . .  kahit saktan mo 'ko, kahit ikamatay ko!" Mas lalo siyang lumapit sa 'kin kasabay ng pagtulo ng luha niya. 

"Hindi ako titigil hangga't hindi ko nakukuha ang hustisya para asawa ko. Hindi ako titigil hangga't hindi nasusunog ang katawan mo dahil sa pagpatay mo sa kaniya!" 

"Vannie?" I heard Eric's worried voice after not hearing me saying anything.

It's Henry Cleagy . . . she's probably talking about that . . . that fucking asshole!

Her pointed finger sank in at my chest. "Kaya humanda ka." She suddenly smiled right after crying. As if nothing happened. As if she didn't become emotional. Like a crazy and desperate wife — desperate for justice.

"Hindi ako titigil . . . magkamatayan na kung magkamatayan pero sinusumpa ko, hindi ko papatahimik ang buhay mo dahil sa kahayupan na pagpatay mo sa taong mahal ko."

I didn't say anything and continued to listen to all her threats.

"Nagsisimula pa lang ako, Vanessa." She smiled like a maniac. "Buhay ng asawa ko ang kinuha mo . . . buhay mo rin ang kukunin ko."

With that, she left me and went towards the emergency exit. Leaving me wondering . . . leaving me confused. 

"I'll follow her." Jamie instantly informed us. 

"Vannie? Okay ka lang?" Eric asked me.

I looked at the CCTV Camera near me, "I am."

I followed Jamie who rapidly took action when Liezel left the scene. I walked normally — unlike Jamie. She's the first one to leave between the two of us as my mind got clouded with all thoughts.

Liezel Cruz . . . she looks familiar.

I opened the emergency exit and heard a clang downstairs. I immediately ran downstairs to check what happened and caught Jamie and Axel arguing.

"Hindi mo dapat ginawa 'yon! I almost got her!" Jamie angrily told Axel. 

Axel calmly looked at her. "You can't shoot her yet. Weren't you listening to my girl last week?"

"Oh, stop with the bullshit, Axel! Grabe ka kung magmalinis! If I know you already planted a bomb in her body bago pa siya umalis!"

Axel smiled evilly. "Thanks for the idea. I'll keep that in mind. But . . . no, I didn't. Why put a bomb in her body when I can just easily kill her right on the spot?"

"Hoy! Huwag mo ngang awayin si Jamie! Humanda ka pag uwi mo at babatukan ko 'yang spinal cord mo!" Eric shouted through the earpiece which made Jamie and I groaned.

Eric was too loud! Axel even heard what he said despite not wearing an earpiece!

"Fuck, Eric! You know he's not wearing an earpiece, right?!" I furiously spat at Eric.

"Tsk!" All Eric could say.

After recovering from Eric's traumatizing voice. I began to interrogate the two before Jamie killed my fiancé using her death glares.

"What happened here? What the hell are you two fucking arguing about?" I glared at both of them.

'Damn it! My ear's still hurting!'

"It's Axel's fault, Queen! I just wanted to give Liezel a damn warning for disrespecting you but this man here — misdirected my gun that's why I didn't get to shoot her!"

"Enough, Jamie." Axel stopped her. 

"Mukha mo, enough! Sige, babe! Real talk-in mo lang 'yang bubuyog na 'yan!" We all groaned after hearing Eric even if we're not wearing earpieces anymore.

'His voice's just too loud that even if we already took our earpieces off, his voice is still so damn . . . fucking loud and irritating.'

"Vanessa told us not to kill her—"

"I wasn't planning to kill her!" Jamie cut Axel off. She suddenly got stunned with her answer. "I was . . . just . . . t-trying to hurt her! As a warning! She disrespected Queen kanina!"

"Enough, you two." I ordered. "Where's she?"

"She left." Axel was the one who answered me because Jamie's still busy cursing Axel.

"Because you let her." Jamie added.

"I had to. Before you kill her." 

"Fucking stop it, you two! Let's just fucking go and figure out what our next plan would be!" 

Jamie rolled her eyes at Axel and the latter — as always, remained silent.

"Let's go," kumalma ang boses ko. "I think I finally know the reason behind why Liezel is so desperate to play some foolish games with me."

Nauna na ako at tumalikod. I walked upstairs — to go back inside the venue, as Jamie followed me who's now silent — as if nothing happened, as if she didn't just argue with Axel.

However, I caught Axel staring at me — giving me a long, deep, and mysterious look. 

˚₊·͟͟͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞͞͞➳❥ ꒰ ⌨︎ ✰ sofia ⁱˢ ᵗʸᵖⁱⁿᵍ··· ꒱ | ೃ࿔₊•
a.n: finally, vanessa x liezel confrontation. what can you say about this chappie? let me know, luvs! ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ ♡

(random) clue: read between the lines

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

7M 235K 50
Erityian Tribes Series, Book οΌƒ4 || Taking spying to an extraordinary level.
6.4M 326K 99
Carnelia Manelli, isang anak ng Major General ng military at sikat na Fashion Designer na sina Jared at Kacey Manelli. Dahil dito, hindi naging madal...
26.7K 939 32
Janna is a fearless and extraordinary girl who's not afraid of facing all kinds of danger. A combat fighter, black belter and sharp shooter. She's ta...
1.2M 30.3K 88
COMPLETED Story Description: Accused and condemned as the murderer of Keizer's death, her late boyfriend, Denniese Imee Earl, who was considered as n...