Lord of the Rings Reader Inse...

By KobayashiMarue

Welcome! Come and enjoy my reader inserts of some of our favorite Middle Earth men! Aragorn, Frodo, Legolas... More

Aragorn II, son of Arathorn
Legolas Greenleaf, Prince Of Mirkwood
Boromir, Captain of the White Tower
Gimli, Son of Gloin
Frodo Baggins, Ring Bearer of the Shire
Samwise Gamgee, The Gardener
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Peregrin Took
I WANT TO LIVE IN MIDDLE EARTH!!!
Frodo- Don't
Faramir- Go on
Γ‰omer Lord of the Mark
Lindir-Endure
*Bring it on*
Aragorn- Muster the Courage
Boromir- Safe Passage
Boromir- Safe Passage (pt2)
Faramir- Stranger

Faramir- Go On (pt2)

1.4K 66 9
By KobayashiMarue

"Place her here." Faramir gestured for one of his men to a small room in one of the more intact buildings in the back of the city. "Have your best healer see to her. I cannot afford to take her with us so heavily incapacitated, nor can I have her stay here."

The ranger nodded and did as he was told. Faramir turned to your resting form as your carriers walked past him. Faramir reached down and moved a hair from your face, the stories of you and what you had done for the Hobbits playing back in his mind. He wondered if you had gotten along well with Boromir.

Sam was hard to keep calm, Frodo was surprisingly quiet most of the trip. Faramir kept them bound until they reached Osgiliath, sure that they did not have anywhere to run. Their gangly friend was not to get off so easily. Faramir made sure to have his men keep a close eye on it.

Madril was not keen on having the hobbits stay here. Or the injured woman. But Faramir didn't have much choice in the matter, especially when the city fell under attack.

~~~~~~~

You woke with a start to the sound of yelling men and a screaming Nazgul.

Nazgul.

Osgiliath was under attack.

With as much energy as you could muster, you pulled yourself up to a sitting position, placing a hand on the wall by your bed to steady yourself as the ground shook from the growing battle. You looked around, spotting your things in the corner of the room, receiving a nice layer of dust from the crumbling room.

Pain coursed through you as you swung your legs off the side of the bed. You were able to strap on your boots and dawn your weapons, but with great difficulty. After giving yourself a moment to collect yourself and bury the pain, you stepped out into the broken city, looking for your small Hobbit friends. 

The scream of the Nazgul made you turn, just in time to see Frodo stride toward it, his hand reaching for the ring around his neck. You wouldn't be able to get to him in time, even if you run. The thunder of your blood rushing through your ears made focusing hard, your breathing quickening. But there, just to the right of Frodo was Sam, looking around, calling out for Frodo. 

"SAM! THERE! RUN!" You yelled at him, catching his attention easily, your feminine voice carrying quickly over the deep shouts of the men trying to save the fallen city. 

Sam spotted you and a wave of surprise passed over him but quickly disappeared as he heeded your words, turning to Frodo and tackling him to the ground. You lost them down a set of stairs and the rush of men. Confident in Sam's ability to keep Frodo safe, you went searching for the very ranger who brought you here. 

Stumbling through the debris and rubble, you watched as a group of rangers with bows set up for a barrage. You shrugged off our bow and followed them, plucking an arrow from a fallen orc. You ignored the surprised glances from the other rangers and nodded to the gray-bearded man who looked to be in charge. 

You let out a breath and knocked an arrow, biting back a groan, the wound on your side screaming for relief. But you held strong. You watched as a sizable group of orcs came rushing through the archway, but they were chasing the very man you were looking for. Before you could stop yourself you called out to him. 

"FARAMIR!" 

The ranger looked up and spotted you and the other bowman in enough time to move to the side, just barely missing the release of a dozen arrows that fell the whole group of orcs. The gray-bearded man stepped forward and spoke with Faramir in quiet tones, though his body was ridged with fear and frustration. Faramir nodded, though his eyes kept straying to you. But you only spared him a glaring glance.

You dropped your bow and looked around, spotting Frodo and Sam hidden behind some walls. Gollum was nearby, his eyes wide with fear as he cowered in the rubble. You let out a breath and shook your head, not at all surprised to see the spindly creature still alive in all this. If you didn't know any better you would have thought him as durable as a Hobbit, as it turns out considering all that Frodo and Sam had been through. 

You were about to make your way over to them when you heard the screeching of orcs around the corner. Swiftly, you drew an arrow and fired, killing one about to make its way to the Hobbits. You heard another orc, making you turn to see one running after you, his blade high above his head. You tried for another arrow behind your back but your side made you collapse in on yourself, the strain being too much. You closed your eyes, ready for the strike of the orc blade, but you found it fall to your feet in front of you, it's gnarly face gazing lifeless up at you. 

You shook back your hair from your face as you looked up, Faramir's frame blocking the sun from your face so you could see him clearly. You didn't hide your pain as you stood, ignoring his hand to help you up. 

"It seems we are even," you said, keeping your gaze away from him and on the orc that nearly sliced you in two. 

"You are not well," came his only reply, his face looking down at you with slight worry. 

"Battles wait for no one. The injured least of all." You turned away from him, making your way to the Hobbits.

"Wait," Faramir reached out and grasped your upper arm. 

But before he could say anything a group of Gondorian soldiers rushed by, clipping your shoulder, making your bow hit your wound. You grasped it immediately, letting out a gasp. Faramir pulled you to him, away from the traffic of rangers and soldiers. You looked up at him, searching his face. Suddenly something clicked, but your gaze hardened. 

"What is it ranger? Do you really think you are doing anyone any good by taking the Ring to Gondor?" You looked to the Hobbits, gesturing to them with a bloodied hand. "They should be home with a pint of ale singing songs and laughing about the next harvest. Sam should be courting his girl and tending his garden. Frodo should be home reading books and listening to tales from this uncle. Living quiet lives. But no." You yanked your arm out from Faramir's grasp. "They are risking their lives to end an ancient evil that men, men like you think themselves better than everyone else to take what they want and do freely with it as they please."

Faramir almost looked hurt. But he quickly changed before your eyes, his shoulders straightening and his eyes hardening. He took a step closer to you, his hand on his bow tightening slightly. He was trying to be intimidating, but really you felt more impressed than frightened.

"Then what would you have me do? They are merely Hobbits, as you say. What chance do they have to fight this growing evil? Why not just give it to us to use against them."

Your anger melted away at the desperation and near innocence in his voice. He truly thought he was doing something noble. You shifted, leaning against a crumbling wall. 

"You are his brother, aren't you?" You asked quietly, your gaze on his face, seeing the resemblance now. 

Faramir blinked, then looked down, nodding slightly. "Yes. Boromir didn't wish to go but my father-"

You raised a hand, nodding. "No need to explain. I understand. And I see it now. However, please think what he would do if he were here with us now." You did not tell him of what Boromir had done earlier in the quest but left the ranger to remember his brother with only the best memories. 

Faramir looked at Frodo and Sam then to you. Your chest filled with warmth and hope at the resolve in his eyes, the drop of his shoulders and the small smile on his lips. He let out a confident breath as he moved past you to kneel down in front of the Hobbits, his voice soft as he spoke. 

"I think, at last, you and I understand one another, Frodo Baggins."

Madril stepped forward, making your eyes roll. You pushed off the wall and moved to stand next to Faramir, hoping being close would hold the ranger's resolve you saw in his eyes. 

"You know the laws of our country. The laws of your father. If you let them go, your life will be forfeit," Madril seemed near panic. 

Faramir turns from Madril and looks to you as he answered. "Then it is forfeit." He turned back to the Hobbits, nodding. "Release them." 

Your eyes widened as Frodo visibly melted with relief, Sam shrugging off the hand of one of Madril's rangers. You turned to Faramir, your anger for his decision to drag you all here now gone, disappearing into a small smile. 

"Thank you," you spoke quietly.

Faramir opened his mouth to say something but the area was under fire again. You reached for Frodo and Sam, them coming to you quickly as Faramir lead you away from the falling buildings to an opening in the main square. Osgiliath was quickly becoming overrun. And night was falling just as fast. 

The ground shook and you reached out to steady yourself only to find Faramir's hand in yours. he reached out with his other hand but you nodded, using him to lean on as you all came to a stop under a secure arch. 

Madril had disappeared with his men leaving Faramir with you and the Hobbits. You breathed heavily as you looked around, your mind racing with ideas. You looked to Faramir, your brows pinched. 

"Do you have some way for us to leave undetected? We must get to Mordor. And sooner rather than later."

Faramir knelt down next to you, looking at your wound that you were subconsciously clutching. "Do you not think it best to stay?"

You laughed lightly. "I do hate to leave you down an archer but I must stay with them. I must protect them."

Faramir shook his head, leaning closer for the Hobbits not to overhear him. "You are growing weaker. Do  you not think yourself more a hindrance to them than a help?"

You let out a breath and leaned your head back against the stone wall and looked at Frodo and Sam, speaking to themselves in quiet tones. Sam caught your eye and smiled, making Frodo turn. His eyes were dark and his lips were starting to chap. Your heart yearned to make them laugh and smile again, truly smile. But Faramir was right. You would only slow them down. And you did not want them to have to watch you wither away in pain. 

You turned to Faramir again. "You will show them a safe passage, won't you? Make sure they know where to go. Don't let them stay because of me. Force them out if you have to." 

Suddenly your eyes were drawn to a rogue orc rounding a corner. His blade was bloody and his face was seeping with orc blood. 

"Faramir," you whispered, not wishing to alert the Hobbits. 

The ranger needed no more warning. With practiced ease, he dispatched the creature with a single arrow to the head, the man still kneeling next to you. Faramir looked back to you, the two of you sharing a look and a moment of understanding.

Faramir nodded once and stood. "I will give you time to say goodbye."

Frodo's eyes widened and he moved closer. "Goodbye?"

You looked between the small Hobbits and smiled sadly. "My time with you has come to an end. I cannot aid you any futher. It is now up to you to finish the task of drowning out this evil." 

Frodo sniffed, his eyes downcast. You reached out and cupped Frodo's face, stroking a stray tear, smearing the dirt on his face. "You are so much braver than you think, dear Frodo. Do not forget who your friends are." Frodo nodded, moving away for Sam to step closer. 

You gave him a small smile but could not stop your lip from trembling. "Oh, Samwise. You are a warrior if I ever saw one."

Sam gave you a small smile but tears fell freely, his eyes sparkling with worry and fear, but not for himself. You reached out to him too, stroking his tears away, brushing his dirty, curly hair from his face. 

"I could not trust the safety of the Ring barrier to anyone more suited for the job. Do not forget your worth and the power you have within you. I expect to hear a full report of what happens after I leave you." Then you smiled, looking down at your wound where Sam's eyes had traveled. "And I will see you again. I am not dead, just fighting this war in a different way than you. You are not alone." You looked to Frodo. "The both of you have each other and my love for you."

You looked up at Faramir, smiling sadly then looked back to the Hobbits, nodding up at the ranger. "Now go on. The rest of your journey awaits you."

Frodo got up without a word but pressed a kiss to your head as he passed. Sam scooted closer and hugged you quickly, but long enough to whisper in your ear. 

"Watch for that ranger. He's got his eye on you."

You laughed then kissed Sam's head. "Thank you, Sam. I will." You stroked his cheek one more time before he stood and followed Frodo. "Stay safe. Until we meet again."

Faramir pointed to where they were going but looked back at you. "I will return."

You couldn't help but chuckle softly. "I doubt I will be anywhere else than here."

You watched as your sweet Hobbits left, Faramir taking care to tell them the safest route out. You closed your eyes and let your head rest on the wall again, your wound getting the better of you as your heart wept for your friends, all of them, wherever they may be. 

~~~~~

You woke to the sound of your name and a gentle hand on your shoulder that soon moved to your cheek. 

"(Y/n), Sam would be quite angry with me if you don't wake."

You slowly opened your eyes and looked about. Men were running, calling out for retreat. You looked to see Faramir kneeling next to you, his face covered in more dirt than before. You tried to sit up but winced, your hand filling with oozing blood as you wound persisted to be an annoyance. 

"What is happening?"

Faramir looked around as he answered, his voice filled with remorse and yet a touch of relief. "We are feeling for Gondor. Come, we must get you on a horse."

You shook your head, trying to push away his attempts to help you up. "Faramir, please, I am no use. I am too badly wounded."

Faramir moved closer, his eyes searching yours as he spoke. "You just gave those Hobbits more hope than any warrior or soldier could ever dream of. Do not shatter that hope before even an hour has passed. Fulfill your promise to see them again and ride out with me. Gondor is not without healers, might I add." 

"A compelling argument." You mumbled as you looked down at his extended hand before gazing into his warm blue eyes. You grasped his hand tightly, pulling yourself up easily and with little pain. "I see now why your brother spoke so fondly of you." 

Faramir gave you a small smile but did not drop your hand as his horse was brought to him. "Perhaps you shall one day think the same of me."

"If you do not object to steering the horse out of harm's way as I shoot from behind, perhaps I shall think highly of you. Though not so familiarly."

And there you saw a broken man smile with the happiness you knew he was so robbed of. Something you hoped to aid in returning to him, one day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 255 22
requests closed! there can sometimes be preferences, random rants and memes in this book too, no smut tho most of the x readers here are fem!reader :)
943K 22.2K 194
Requests are open!! !!!!!!NEW!!!!!! You can request oneshots, quickshots, preferences, AND imagines!! MOSTLY 'THE HOBBIT' CHARACTERS I ALSO INCLUDE B...
171K 5.3K 25
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I own none of the recognizable characters, places etc. I only own my original characters and plot lines. I will...
6.4K 151 36
❝𝚈𝚘𝚞 πš πš’πš•πš• πš‹πšŽ πš–πš’ πšπšŠπš•πš•πšŠπš—πš πšœπšπšŠπš›, πš˜πš‘ πš‘πšŽπš’πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŽ, πš–πš˜ πšπš‘πš’πš•πšŽ πš–πšŽπšŠπš›βž Credit for this GORGEOUS cover goes to @lantea...