Never Let You Go

By LeiaOrganaSolo98

A story about Han & Leia between the end of Return Of The Jedi and The Last Jedi. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

234 6 5
By LeiaOrganaSolo98

      The next couple days consisted of Leia and Shara doing things around the house while Han went to the hangar with Kes and Poe. Leia loved seeing her best friend again.

      Shara was born on Yavin IV. When she was about five years old, her family moved to Alderaan. When she was eighteen, she left Alderaan and went back to Yavin IV to become a pilot. That's where she met Kes. He was born on Yavin IV also but lived there his entire life. He took her under his wing and taught her a lot of things about ships and maneuvers. He quickly learned that she was a brilliant pilot. They were sent on missions together and they began to fall in love as they worked with each other more often. After being together for three years, they got married and two years later they had Poe. They have been married for five years now. Both Han and Leia admired that Shara and Kes were still as passionate about flying as they were when they first met each other eight years ago.

      Han and Leia would walk through the woods together and enjoy the beautiful setting around them. Chewie would join them sometimes. Chewie usually just stayed behind to work on the Falcon. Han tried to tell him that he didn't have to do that but Chewie insisted. There were trails that led to the water and they'd go swimming on the hot days. At night, they would lay in bed and Leia would fall asleep in Han's arms.

      One morning, Leia woke up and bolted out of bed. She ran into the fresher. Han felt her get up fast and he sat up. Once he realized where she went, he ran to the fresher. He opened the door to see her leaning over the toilet.

"Leia? Are you okay?" he asked, holding her hair back. She nodded.

"I'm fine."

"Why are you sick?"

"It's probably just a little bug or something."

"Okay. As long as you think you're alright." Han nodded.

      He helped clean her up, then headed down to the hangar with Kes. Leia made it two hours before she was sick again. This time, she was talking to Shara when she ran to the fresher. Shara followed her once she heard the sounds.

"Leia!" she exclaimed.

"I'm fine. It's probably just a bug."

"Were you sick last night?"

"No. I didn't even feel sick." She said fast before heaving again.

"I got sick about two hours ago. It woke me up and I woke Han up by sprinting into the fresher."

"Do you think you're pregnant?"

"What?!" Leia said, not believing what her best friend had asked her.

"Just take a test, Leia. You've been more tired than usual. You've gotten sick twice this morning. You don't even have to go out and get any tests. I have a couple extra."

      Leia sighed and nodded. She didn't think she was but it was possible. The last time, that time on Endor, they hadn't used protection. Shara opened the cabinet and took out a box and handed it to her.

"Take one test and see what it says, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks." Leia said staring at the box.

      She did what the box said to do and she waited for the results. She never extited the fresher this whole time. Shara was waiting outside the door. When it came down to a minute remaining in the development of the results, she called Shara back in. They waited together. When the minute was over, Leia closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She picked up the test and looked at it. Positive. Leia's eyes went wide. Shara looked at her.

"What is it Leia?"

"Positive."

"Oh, Leia. Congratulations!" Shara exclaimed. Leia smiled.

"Han will be so surprised when he gets back." Leia said.

Later that evening, after dessert, Leia was going to tell Han. She just had to get him alone.

"Han?"

"What?"

"Can we go for a walk?"

"Sure." He said, standing up and following her down the patio steps and out into the field.

      They walked down their favorite trail where they could have a view of the beautiful sunset. When they got to the spot, Leia stopped, turned to Han, and took his hand.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"It was good. Kes and I worked on the Falcon a little. How about you?"

"It was great. Shara and I went to the market and shopped."

"Sounds like a good day."

"It was. Han, I also found out something today."

"Oh yeah? What's that, sweetheart?" he smiled, brushing a loose piece of hair behind her ear.

"I'm pregnant." She smiled. He looked at her, smiling from ear to ear.

"What?! Really? We're going to have a baby?!"

"Mmmhmm?! Remember this morning when I was sick?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I got sick again about two hours after you left. Shara noticed that I had been more tired and off than usual and she told me to take a test." Leia pulled the test out of her pocket and handed it to him.

      Han looked at the test and kissed her. He was speechless and very excited. He was going to be a father. He pulled her into his arms.

"I love you." He said.

"I know." She said with a smile.

      He smiled and kissed her again. She looked back at the path. The sun would be going down soon and they wanted to get back to celebrate with their friends.

"We should get back to the house. They'll be wondering where we went."

"Okay." Han said, taking her hand as they began walking back to the house.

      Shara looked out the back door at the field and saw Han and Leia walking back. She smiled at them. They looked so happy. Han walked inside the house while Leia followed behind him, stopping to talk to an excited Shara.

"How'd it go? Did you tell him?"

"It went great. I told him! He's so excited." Leia smiled.

"Oh! I'm so happy for you both!"

"Thank you." Leia hugged her.

      The next morning, Shara and Kes accompanied Han and Leia to the med center. Chewie stayed back to watch Poe. Leia wanted to have the pregnancy confirmed and to set up a plan since they would be traveling. The four of them had only been waiting a few minutes before her name was called and she and Han walked back to an exam room.

      They sat there waiting for a doctor to come in. For some reason they were a bit nervous. But they were also excited. There was a knock on the door and the doctor entered.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Tribo. I will be your doctor today." She said.

"Hi. Thanks." Leia said.

"Now, I see here you want to confirm your pregnancy. Is that correct?"

"Yes, it is." Leia said, smiling at Han.

"Okay. To do that I'm going to have to take a blood sample so I can do a test to confirm it."

"That's fine." Leia said, already rolling up her sleeve.

      Dr. Tribo took some blood from Leia and walked over to the counter and put the sample into a special scanner. It didn't take long for the results to come up.

"Well, congrats you too. Leia, you're pregnant." The doctor said with a smile.

      Han and Leia looked at each other smiling. Leia knew it. After she found out after taking the test the day before, she reached out through the force and felt a small life force. It was tiny, but it was there.

"Thank you." Leia said.

"You're very welcome. Now, do you two have any questions?"

"Yes. Actually, we have one question for you." Leia said.

"I'm all ears." The doctor smiled.

"We don't live on a certain planet right now. We retired a few months ago, so we decided to travel from planet to planet to see old friends and visit new places. Do you have any way to put my medical files on something so I can take it with me?"

"That's no problem. I can put it on this datachip right here. That way, you'll have it with you and I can guarantee that it works at every medcenter in the galaxy."

"Thank you very much. We appreciate it."

"Of course. It's no problem at all. Before you go, I'll just do a scan to look at your baby and then I'll put it on the chip." She smiled at Leia.

"Okay. Thanks." Leia said.

"Now, lay back and pull up your shirt so it's just above your stomach, please. I'll be doing a scan now. Then after, just stay like this and I'll do the ultrasound so you can see your baby."

"This doesn't do that?" Han asked.

"Not the scan," she said, shaking her head. "The scan is an initial scan. It tells me about how far along you are." She said, looking at them. Han nodded.

Dr. Tribo placed the scanner over Leia's abdomen. The scanner beeped when it calculated the results.

"It says you are almost two months along."

      So, it was Endor Leia thought. In a couple days she would be two months. She couldn't believe it. Now that she thought back, she remembered feeling tired for a couple weeks and a bit nauseous, but she never threw up until yesterday.

"Okay. Now I'm going to do the ultrasound." She put the cold gel on Leia's stomach and moved the wand around.

"There's your baby." Dr. Tribo said, pointing at the dot on the screen.

Leia looked at the screen and smiled. Han leaned down and kissed her. He was so excited. He couldn't wait to be a father.

"Thank you." Leia said.

"It was no problem at all." Dr. Tribo said, loading the pictures and information onto the datachip. She handed it to Leia.

"Thank you. For helping us out." Leia said.

"You're welcome. And don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything else, whether you're on Yavin or on a different planet. I'm always here." The doctor smiled. "Have a nice day! And congratulations!" She said as she walked out.

"Thank you, you too." Han said.

Shara and Kes stood up when they came out. Han and Leia walked out of the room holding hands and smiling at each other.

"Congratulations you two!" Shara exclaimed, hugging them.

"Thanks." Leia smiled.

"Did they say how far along you are?"

"She said she'll be two months in a couple of days." Han said.

"Congrats Han!" Kes said.

"Thank you." He replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 116 11
"Join me, join me and the power of the Dark Side." "You know I can't do that, Ben." //spoilers of the force awakens and just mere speculations will...
798 35 13
The action happens after "The last jedi" when both Rey and Ben realized they fell in love with the other one. But their roads are going in opposite d...
11.1K 256 15
After the Battle of Endor, the Empire fell. But what happened to Han and Leia? Their story may have seemed to be happily ever after, but there is muc...
56 0 21
Part Three in my Fame Trilogy. The continuing adventures of the smuggler formerly known as Han Solo.