Love Heals | NoMin

By lunamintheu

Jaemin lost his smile when his parents decide to separate and file a divorce. Since that day, he became anot... More

Foreword
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
not an update
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
FINAL
Special Chapter 1
Special Chapter 2

Chapter Twelve

6.3K 288 327
By lunamintheu

***

"What are you making?" Jaemin asked his nanny as soon as he arrived at their kitchen while stretching his arms.

"I'm making you a snack for later." she said smiling.

"You don't have to do that. We have our school cafeteria though." he said while watching her.

"Your cafeteria is not making this kind of snack so you are lucky to have this."

"She's right Jaemin-ah. It tastes good." his mom insisted.

Jaemin jabbed a piece of it and put it into his mouth right then he made a face. "You're right. Mind to have some egg rolls too? And please make me another one. I'll give it to someone." Jaemin then jabbed again.

"To whom? For Jeno?" his mom shot him and grins.

"Oh my god mom. Please." Jaemin whines but deep inside, he's smiling whenever they mention Jeno's name.

Yes. It's for Jeno. So obvious right? Jaemin thinks that Jeno is not just a friend to him, he's more than that. More precious like he wanted to do anything to make him happy too like Jeno did for him. To be honest, these little things are nothing compared to what Jeno did for him. So Jaemin would love to repay him.

"At first I thought that you two were boyfriends already. The way he looks at you my dear? I know."

Boyfriends.

Jaemin blushed at the thought he was thinking. How does it feel to be Jeno's other half? Did Jeno date someone already? Jaemin wanted to, if fate will say yes to what his heart wants then he will try. 

If only, Jeno feels the same.

"Mom, you're being delusional." he said blankly, but somehow Jaemin believed what his mom said but he didn't want to expect something from him.

What if he is just a friend for Jeno only and he takes care of Jaemin because that's what he really is?

"I'm not. I've been there once." she smiled.

Jaemin can only shrug before he decide to prepare himself now. It is weird for him to think that he really wanted to look good today. He's not this conscious about himself but he can't stay still. He can't ask his mom for this because she's going to tease him for sure.

What can he do?

"Whatever. I'm going to be natural as always. Fuck Jaemin pull yourself together. What am I even thinking?" he muttered then pulled his tie up before going out of his room and took the snack that his nanny made and put it inside his bag.

How Jaemin hopes that Jeno will like this.

Like his usual habit every morning when going to school, he will browse through his phone and listen to some random music. It is the best feeling for him.

Someone pulled his earphone from his left ear and sat beside him and Jaemin almost didn't recognize him.

It was Jeno. But today, his blonde hair disappeared and right now it was all black.

No matter what color it is, Jaemin thought that it would suit Jeno very well. It was Jeno after all, and he's freaking handsome more for his eyes. Knowing that he likes the boy.

"Hi!" Jeno greeted him and put the earphone into his right ear.

"You look handsome." Jaemin complimented him in a low sounding voice and brushed the other's soft fallen hair.

Jeno can only look smilingly at him. "I am? I'm glad you liked it." he giggled.

"And, good. Did something happen?"

"Maybe." 

"Why did you change anyway?"

"My brother, he tried to bleach my hair and make it orange but I don't look good. He's just going to try it if it will look good to him, since we looked alike, he tried it on me. Right then in the end, he asked Hyukjae hyung if it will look good on him and he said no, so he ruined my hair." Jeno said while pouting and brushed his hair up but ended up falling again. "He's so lunatic."

"Just like you." Jaemin said then chuckled.

"What? Are you taking his side?" Jeno asked, sounding confused.

"I should, because I'm his fan." Jaemin mocked.

"But I'm your friend." Then Jeno looked at him in disbelief and linked his arms into Jaemin's before burying his head between his head and shoulders.

Jaemin pursed his lips and chose not to talk, just laughing at the other's entertaining expressions and just enjoying the atmosphere between them.

"Are you really this clingy? Even to our friends?"

"Definitely not. Only to you." 

It made the latter smile in happiness, seeing Jeno like this is enough for him to keep going, then later on he'll be able to confess his feelings for him. It's nice. This kind of feeling, the person you wanted to be with is on your side. Jaemin believed, no matter what he'll do, there's someone who will stay.

ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

"You are Jaemin. Right?" Someone interrupted Jaemin for getting a drink into the vending machine. When he tilted his head, a skinny girl with sweet smile appeared behind him.

Looking at her visual, she's really pretty and Jaemin can guess already that she's a sweet type of a girl.

So Jaemin is confused, why is she here?

"Yes, I am. Who..." he couldn't finish his sentence when she delightly extended her hand.

"I'm Kim Sungkyung. But they call me Lami." then her smile got even wider and Jaemin wouldn't lie that she got prettier because of that.

“Uh, hi Lami. Uhm, do you need something from me?” Jaemin asked unsurely. He really doesn't have an idea why this pretty girl will talk to him.

“Nothing much. I heard that you have the same class with Jeno?”

Ah, for Jeno.

Maybe, Lami is planning to ask him a favor. Jaemin thought. But why him? There’s Renjun, Chenle, Jisung or Donghyuck though?

Once again, he scrutinized her and Jaemin noticed that she also looked shy because her face keeps getting red. Moreover, if she will really ask him a favor there’s no way that Jaemin will refuse.

“Actually, w-were friends.”

“Really? Then, can I ask you a favor?”

I knew it!

“W-What kind of, favor?”

Lami handed him a paper bag with her shy hands, like she’s having a hard time asking Jaemin because she thought that it would bother him. They are not that close, but how could she ask him for this?

“Can you give this to Jeno? It’s j-just a box of cookies that I baked earlier. It's my first time and my m-mom said, it's tasty so I wanted to give Jeno some.” She said shyly while rubbing her nape.

At that moment, Jaemin sensed it all and took the paper bag without hesitation. He doesn't want her to feel uncomfortable. Jaemin then smiled at her, “Sure. I will give it to him.” 

“Really? Thanks a lot Jaemin! I will make it for you next time, I promise!” Lami chirped and shook Jaemin’s hand. “I’m sorry for this trouble but I will repay you next time, really!” Then she smiled.

She’s really pretty, there’s no way that Jeno won’t like her. He thought. 

“No problem and this is not a troublesome Lami-ssi. It’s okay to ask me for this.”

“Then, I should be going now. Thank you so much for doing this, I’m really grateful.” Lami then started walking but still looked at Jaemin and waved her slim hand while smiling. Jaemin waved back.

Lami’s figure disappears as well as Jaemin’s smile. He wouldn’t deny that he’s a little bit jealous of her. She’s really pretty and slender and also likes Jeno and he’s 100% sure that he will like her too. Who wouldn’t dare to like her anyway? 

Jaemin can only sigh.

As soon as he entered their room, Jaemin walked straight to Jeno’s location and put the paper bag that Lami gave him earlier on top of his desk.

“What’s this?”

“Can’t you see?”

“I mean, I know what it is of course, but what’s the deal? Is this a gift?” he asked, looking like he’s not aware and he really is.

“Yes, it’s from Lami. She asked me to give that to you.” 

“Lami? Isn’t she the school’s princess? From the other class, right?” Renjun butt in because he got curious the moment he saw the paper bag.

School’s princess huh?

“Of course I know her. Who wouldn’t know Lami anyway?”

“I don’t know her.” Jaemin blurts. Then he realized that he sounded weird when he said that.

“But that’s reasonable though.” Jeno said. 

“Wow, how could Lami notice a dull type of a guy like you? Her taste in guys is a bit poor.” Suddenly, Jisung appeared with Chenle and Renjun almost jumped in surprise.

“Yah, what are you doing here? Don’t you two have a class?” Renjun then pointed to the two.

“Hyung, what are you talking about? It’s still break time.” Chenle said while sipping his milk.

“Ah, right.” Renjun snapped his head.

“What are you saying Jisung-ah? I’m not that bad.” Jeno defended and took the paper bag then gave it to Chenle. “You can have it. I can’t accept that.”

“Why? She told me that it was made by her. You should at least appreciate her effort.” Jaemin then took the bag again and smacked it into Jeno’s desk.

Jeno’s eyebrow arose and looked at Jaemin confusedly, why is he suddenly acting like this? He’s weird.

Meanwhile, Jaemin bit his lip to control his abrupt inflaming feeling inside. What the actual fuck is this now? Why does he sound like a jealous lover here?  

“You, you’re weird. Did something happen?”

“Nothing.” Jaemin then turned around to go back to his seat.

It seems that he won’t be able to give Jeno the snack that he prepared earlier because someone already gave him. More special of what he’s carrying with him.

Jaemin took the container in which his prepared snacks were compact inside then gave it to Renjun.

“For you.” Jaemin smiled.

“Me?” Renjun emphasizes then glances at Jeno, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Yes. My nanny made it and it’s really tasty. I think, I should pack for you because I thought you’ll like it.” Then he handed the container to Renjun and he accepted it wholeheartedly.

“Jaemin-ah, are you sure that this is really for me.” Renjun asked unsurely and glanced at Jeno again. He already has a bitter face and Renjun swallows it.

“Yes. That is really for you. Eat well, I hope you’ll like it, and I have mine too. If you wouldn’t mind, we can have a meal together.” Jaemin then took another container from his bag.

“Sure! I would love that.” Renjun said, smiling, then he opened the container to check what’s inside. Jeno takes a look too.

“Wow Jaemin hyung, it looks yummy. Hyung, can I have a bite?” Jisung then tried some, as well as Chenle.

“But hey! I’m your closest friend here Nana, you supposed to think about me first before him.” then he pointed Renjun. “Give me that! It’s mine.” Jeno tried to tug the container but Jaemin stopped him.

“It’s for Renjun. You have cookies, I think that’s enough. So, we’re leaving. Let’s go.” Jaemin then pulled Renjun along with him.

Jeno clicked his tongue while watching them walk together still, with his bitter face. He wanted to follow them and complain to Jaemin, but he couldn’t. What exactly is happening to Jaemin right now? Did he do something wrong?

Was he upset because he don’t want to accept Lami’s gift?

Why would he?

Moreover, how could Renjun accept that snack knowing what he feels toward Jaemin? He believed that it was supposed to be his but what in the world is happening?

“Hyung, there is Lami’s number here. I think she wanted you to call her.” Chenle then handed Jeno a piece of sticky note that was attached from the box.

“Why would I call her anyway? Jisung might have wanted to.” Jeno then took the paper bag and put it under his table.

Alright, at least to his hyung, he will give it. But for him, he can’t really accept this.

***

It’s the 11th time that Donghyuck sighs while staring blankly at the school ground. Seems like he’s thinking extremely about something.

“Hyuck-ah, what’s wrong with you this time?”

“Mark hyung, I wanted to smack my hand right into his face. He keeps bothering me.” He said then sighs again.

Right after Renjun and Jaemin took their meals, Donghyuck suddenly appeared with a long face and started sighing.

“Why? What did he do?”

“Tell me now Renjun-ah, is Mark hyung really like me? If yes, why is he always clinging to that glutton Park Jihoon? I heard he eats a lot like he was starved for a month and Mark keeps treating him. They’re always together.” He whines then ruffles his hair. “For his information, I’m not dating Chani. He just simply apologized to me for what he did and we instantly became friends after that.” Donghyuck sighs again. “Moreover, that dude is ignoring me. Was he awkward after confessing to me? Right then he already found someone for my place on the thought of I’m with Chani? He’s ridiculous!” he hollered.

It looks like he’s going to cry. Jaemin and Renjun were just staring at him, trying to read Donghyuck.

“Then tell him what you feel for him.” Jaemin advised but Donghyuck refused. “That’s the problem. I don’t really know what I feel for him.”

“Didn’t we talk about this already? I told you to listen to what your heart is telling you to do, thus you won’t feel regret in the end.” Renjun scolded him while furrowing his eyebrows.

“But I’m scared.” He muttered and kept his head low.

“On what? What are you fearing?” Jaemin blurts.

“For hurting him. What if I don’t really feel the same and this is only a pity?”

"You dimwit. What kind of gibberish thinking is that? Are you insane?" Renjun said, almost wanting to wallop him. 

“I’m just being careful.” Donghyuck defended.

“Careful my butt, you’re not even trying. If Mark hyung has been taken away from you then it won’t be our fault. I already told you.” Said Renjun and glared at him before resting his back on the bench they were sitting on.

Donghyuck was about to drink the remaining milk on his hand but Jaemin grabs it and he is the one who drinks it all. “Sorry, I’m just frustrated too to the point that I feel really thirsty.” Jaemin then drank it all.

“Because Lami likes Jeno? Huh Jaemin?” Then Donghyuck smirked at him and it seems the liquid that Jaemin drank went up to his throat and choked him. “I’m right.” And he chuckled. Renjun too.

Now, he’s their topic and he can only throw a confused look for them. “I’m not. Why would I?”

“Don’t me, Na Jaemin. We can read you easily. Stop being stupid.” Donghyuck tease.

“Look who’s talking. You are stupidest.” Renjun shot him.

“Oh shut up!”

The thought of what happened earlier flashed in to Jaemin’s mind again. The sweet yet classy girl who likes Jeno and the possibility that Jeno would fall for her too. He’s nothing compared to Lami. Jaemin can’t hate her even though his mind keeps telling him to hate her but he simply couldn’t. 

She’s so sweet, like she deserves everything she would want to have. 

Like Jeno?  He sighed then shook his head. 

Renjun pinched Jaemin’s cheek to capture his attention. “Yah, stop overthinking, it’s not very good dear. And You Lee Donghyuck mind your own fucking business you chowderhead punk. You have your own messy love life too.” Renjun then pinched him too.

“Let’s hangout. Just the three of us, you two looked damn frustrated like you’re carrying the whole world.” Renjun snapped and both of them agreed. Maybe it's a good idea.

***

Nevertheless, not all Renjun’s ideas were good as today. The classes had now ended and the moment the four of them were about to go out, Lami instantly appeared in front of them then captured Jeno’s attention. The three other males can only watch them quietly like they were watching a live drama in front.

Jaemin felt like he wanted to go home.

“Jeno, did you get my gift?” She asked with her innocent smile. 

Even though Jaemin was a little bit insecure of Lami, he’s still astonished by her lovely sweet smile. 

“Ah, yes. Thank you anyway. You don’t have to do that.” Jeno then rubbed his nape and smiled shyly, he looked awkward. Then Jaemin made a face.

He looks dumb. Jaemin thought.

“Oh no, I would love to do it everyday for you. I can make anything if you want.” Lami said in a cheerful way. She looks really happy when she sees Jeno.

“Ah thanks but I’m okay Lami-ssi.”

“Did you like it?” She clasped her hand together and waited for Jeno’s answer. “Yes.” He said.

“So, you two keep talking here while we go, we will go on our way. See you tomorrow then?” Renjun butt in and held Jaemin’s wrist and was ready to take him but Jeno stopped them. “Where? You’re going together?” Jeno then pointed at him and Jaemin.

“Yes. Gotta problem with that?” Jaemin said.

“I’m coming with you then.” He insisted. 

“Oh no you don’t. Someone’s here to see you. Don’t be rude to her, so we’ll go.”

“What if Jeno will take Lami with him and come with us? I think it’s good to hang out together. The more the merrier!” Donghyuck said, right then Renjun jabbed him on his stomach and he winced in pain. “Ouch! How dare you.”

"How fucking dare you too? Are you fucking stupid? I said we will go, just the three of us? Now you're being annoying. What if you'll go with them instead?" Renjun whispered while glaring at Donghyuck. "The more the merrier, my foot." 

"Lol you're right. But I asked her already."

Jaemin can hear those two talking and it seems like they don't want to ask them again because of the realizations.

"So, is it okay for you Lami-ssi?”

Jaemin is the one who asked, to make it sound that he’s not feeling any absurd feelings towards Lami, then it will be good if she comes with them. Well, being jealous is not absurd right? Jaemin is no harm.

“Well, if you insist.” Then she smiled and went beside Jeno.

It was supposed to be his place. 

Jaemin shook his head when a sudden irrational thought came in his mind right then, they started walking in the same ways.

“You wouldn’t really like it if I called Mark and Park Jihoon now. Right?” Renjun grins. "Should I? Let's watch them being flirty with each other. How does that sound? Fun?" He added sarcastically, making the other feeling guilty over more.

“You little! I'm sorry, okay? I'm not into myself lately. Give me some time, will you? We’re not in a rush and for Park Jihoon? Tell him to try me then.”

“Whatever.” Renjun sighs.

However, Jaemin felt a little bit of disappointment for himself for taking Lami and Jeno with them. Why did he exactly insist for them to come along? Just why?

Was he really that used to the feeling of being hurt?

Once again, he takes a glimpse of the two behind them.

Lami keeps talking to him and Jeno can only listen to her and be humble as always.

They look perfect together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 14.8K 16
✎ jaeno ! ☏ - in which jaemin gets a babysitter because of his bad behavior. started ↠ 2018.16.07 ended ↠ 2018.14.08
438K 23.5K 66
When Jaemin transfers to a new school (an all boys boarding school, at that), he gets a very.. interesting roommate. ♡ ♡ Jeno has a wild reputation f...
16.3K 801 32
Jaemin is a failing ballerino who can't find the point in living. Jeno is an underground rock singer who gets all the fame. What happens when two pol...