Backstage (One Direction)

By MeggieEggie

I glanced up from my iPhone to see a girl with straight black hair throwing herself on Harry Styles. He stumb... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
PLAGIARISM
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 16

61.3K 439 121
By MeggieEggie

Harry P.O.V

“Vas happenin dudes?!” Zayn opened the door with a flourish, standing in the doorway with his arms spread out and a giant smile on his face.

Louis ran in with a face stroke for Zayn and headed straight into the living room where I could hear Niall and Liam playing Mario Kart- or at least I guessed it was Mario Kart from the “God dammit Peach, drive the other way!”. I greeted Zayn with a hug and pulled Alicia in by the hand to introduce her.

“Zayn you remember Alicia, right? My girlfriend. My girlfriend Alicia. This is Alicia- my girlfriend.” By the time I’d finished Zayn, Alicia and James were all looking at me with bewildered expressions while I felt my cheeks heat up. I quickly mumbled “I just like saying it, okay?” and looked up to see Alicia smiling at me sweetly with a matching blush.

“...Anyways, nice to meet you Alicia, Harry’s girlfriend,” Zayn said with a wink, “Welcome to my humble abode! And this must be James- nice to meet you mate. I’m Zayn.” He bent down so that he was face to face with Jay and held out his hand for him to shake.

“Hi, I’m James, Alicia’s my sister and I’m Harry’s best friend! Do you have a wii, can I play on it?” James was shaking Zayn’s hand enthusiastically, clearly pleased with his introduction. Zayn was hiding a smile and returning the hand shake with equal fervour.   

“Harry’s best friend, huh? Looks like the cheeky sod’s replaced me! But yes I do, go through that door and Niall, Liam and Louis will set you up a game.” Once James had ran off into Zayn’s house, clearly having shaken off his previous nervousness, Zayn stood up smirking at Alicia who now had my arm circled around her shoulder.

“Hmm, even prettier then I remembered.” He winked, and Alicia seemed to ignore the way my arm tightened around her. Zayn, however, must have noticed, judging by the glint of amusement in his eyes. “Chill Haz, just ‘cause she’s hot it doesn’t mean I’m gonna make a move on your girl!” I relaxed at that. Even though I knew that none of us would ever do anything like that to one of the others it didn’t mean I would ever enjoy Zayn flirting with my girlfriend- even if it was completely harmless, as I knew it was.

Alicia chuckled and the blush, still present from before, darkened at Zayn’s compliment. “Nice to see you again Zayn.” She smiled brightly at him.

We all walked through to where the others were having an intense game of Mario Kart- Liam, Niall and Louis all seemingly being beaten by James.

“How are you... wha- I don’t- what?! How are you beating me?! No one ever beats me!”Liam shouted in mock outrage. Well kind of mock. Not really.

“Pfft, please, if you think James is good you should see me play.” Alicia said from where she was stood between me and Zayn in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest and a challenge in her eyes.

“Oh yeah?” Liam retorted with a smirk. “Bring it.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 minutes later we were all sat, open mouthed and wide eyed, whilst Alicia set down her wheel with a self- satisfied smile.

With a look of fake confusion she broke the silence saying “Um, I- I think I brought it.” She and James high- fived, cackling with delight at having both beaten all of us.

“Re-match! I want a re-match, I was going easy on you because I thought you’d suck, but now I want to do it properly!” Liam was frantically searching through the menus trying to find a game that he could actually win at as the rest of us slowly came to life and started laughing and congratulating Alicia.

I turned to see her still laughing with Jay and accepting the praise from the boys with an exaggerated Elvis impersonation of “Thank you, thank you very much” She had a giant smile gracing her face, causing her eyes to scrunch up and her eyes to brighten- simply put, she looked beautiful.

She finally noticed my staring a turned to face me, asking “What?” I just smiled at her. “Seriously Harry, what? What are you staring at?”

Before I realised what I was doing I’d moved in to gently cover her lips with my own, causing her to gasp in surprise and open her mouth. Our lips moved together as we turned our bodies towards each other so we weren’t at such an awkward angle. I moved my arms to circle around her waist as she put both of hers around my neck. I licked at her bottom lip, savouring the taste of minty toothpaste and something so Alicia that it made my heart speed up. I licked into her mouth and grazed my tongue over hers, causing her to let out a small moan, making my arms tighten around her. I didn’t know how long our mouths moved together- it could’ve been seconds, minutes, hours- I didn’t care. My head was getting dizzy, it felt like she was everywhere, and everything was Alicia - the sensations were making the blood roar through my ears so much I could only hear the sounds of our breathing becoming heavier until-

“Jesus guys, there are children present!” Louis said, jokingly covering not only Jay’s eyes but Niall’s as well ,who was swatting away his hand with a laugh.

It felt like I’d been underwater as I gulped down oxygen and looked up at Alicia who was in a no better state, a fierce blush staining her cheeks.

“Um... sorry?” The others just smirked at the two of us before wolf-whistling and cat-calling.

“Yeah, yeah- whatever. Just because I have a hot girlfriend to make out with whenever I want.” I waved off their teasing and settled against the back of the sofa pulling Alicia towards me.

“Hey! Me and Louis have girlfriends- they’re just not here!” Louis nodded emphatically and jumped on top of Liam trying to give him the Louis-version of a fist bump. Before long the rest of the boys- including Jay- were all on top of each shouting and goofing off while Alicia laughed loudly and snuggled into my side.

Looking around at the boys who were like my brothers, my amazing girlfriend and her adorable little brother I realised that, okay, maybe we had some stalker-y and rude fans and maybe it felt like I hadn’t got a good night’s sleep since the beginning of the X- Factor but I sure as  hell was happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’d been at Zayn’s house for about 2 hours now. We’d played every Mario Kart road (and been beaten by Alicia every time- I’ll admit, kinda hot) and now Louis, Liam, Zayn and me were teaching Jay how to play Donkey Kong whilst Niall helped Alicia with her Spanish oral.

I looked up at them again just in time to see Alicia throw her head back and laugh at something Niall said. Spanish orals weren’t meant to be funny. I started scowling at Niall without even realising it until Louis poking me in the forehead.

“Ow- wha- Louis! That hurt.” Louis just replied by standing up and walking towards the door, gesturing with his head for me to follow him.

We got to the kitchen when I finally asked him what he wanted.

“Why were you staring at our little leprechaun like you wanted to punch him in the face?” Despite his joke I could tell he was worried.

“Nothing, I just- I just... I really like her Lou. I know that Niall or Zayn or any of you would ever even think about taking her away from me but seeing her with you guys- I just get so irrationally jealous, I don’t even know what’s wrong with me!” By the end of my speech my head was in my hands and I could feel my eyes burning, attempting to fight back against the onslaught of tears that were emerging. What was wrong with me? I wasn’t this jealous, possessive person. I’d had girlfriends before and I’d never had this problem. Why was it that when I found a girl I really, really like I have to go and endanger our relationship by wanting to rip off the head of every guy who so much as makes her laughs. Even my best friends.

“Look mate, don’t worry. I haven’t seen you like this with anyone since we met and it’s a pretty new relationship- you’re bound to be wary of guys who might be a threat to you. It’ll go away once you realise that she’s in this relationship as much you are. Oh, and don’t forget you have thousands of fangirls wanting to jump your bones 24/7. Personally, I think she’ll be seeing her fair share of the green-eyed monster pretty soon.” With that Louis jumped back into the living room with a cry of “It’s on like Donkey Kong!!” leaving me alone in the kitchen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alicia P.O.V

Louis bounded into the living room with a look of what appeared to be rage on his face but proved to just be enthusiasm as he bellowed “It’s on like Donkey Kong!!” We all chuckled at him but as the boys all clambered for wii remotes I realised that Harry still wasn’t here. I slipped out of the room, unnoticed by the others.

I walked into the kitchen to find Harry sat at the table looking upset.

“Harry?” He looked up at me with wide, guilty eyes, clearly trying to fight back tears. “Babe, what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry that I’m such a jealous asshole, I don’t mean to be I just really like you and I don’t want anyone to take you away from me.”

“Where has all this come from?”

“It’s just... I saw Zayn flirting with you and you having fun with Niall and I couldn’t help but get jealous. It’s not that I don’t trust you- or them- it’s just that you’re one of the best things to have happened to me and I don’t want to lose you.” I gasped slightly as I realised what he was talking about- the way his arm tightened around me at Zayn’s compliment or his glare from across the room when me and Niall were laughing.

I giggled slightly and took Harry’s face in my hands. “You have nothing to worry about- please believe me. I don’t want Zayn or Niall or Liam or, hell, even Johnny Depp. Well, maybe Johnny Depp.” Harry ducked his face down and laughed slightly and I felt my heart swell at the happiness being restored in him. “I like you Harry. I like us and I like where this is going- I’m not gonna screw this up. And besides- jealous Harry? I gotta admit, pretty damn hot.” He winked at me, confidence back in full flare, and pulled me into his chest.

“Well, I aim to please.” He smiled; I laughed lightly as I nuzzled against him and felt him place a kiss to the top of my head.

As we walked back into the living room I noticed the small smile and thumbs up Harry gave Louis and simply pulled Harry down next to me on the sofa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half an hour later found the boys on twitcam and me and James choosing to sit behind the laptop making strange faces and trying to make them all laugh. We were succeeding.

“Okay, well there was actually a reason we wanted to talk to you guys today.” Zayn said, trying to shake off the last of his laughter. “We have a very important announcement to make.” I felt my eyebrows furrow in confusion. I looked to Harry, trying to question him with my eyes but he was resolutely not looking at me, choosing instead to stare at the screen as if it held the secrets of the universe.

“We were made a very appealing offer and we’ve had a lot of talks with our manager and Syco as well as with each other and our families and we finally decided that our answer was yes. We’re gonna do this.” Zayn continued.

“Do what Zayn, do what?!” Louis said, attempting to impersonate a fangirl.

“Well Louis, we- One Direction- are going on tour! Not only that, but, drumroll please!” The boys, aside from Harry all mimicked a drumroll. “We’re doing a tour... AROUND AMERICA!!”

As Zayn, Louis, Niall and Liam all cheered and jumped around I felt the blood drain from my face. I chanced a look at Harry and saw him staring at me guiltily. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off with a shake of my head and then I walked out of the room.

“Alicia! Please, wait!”

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Dun dun dun *dramatic music*!! So we’ve finally updated! We’re pretty sure you don’t want to hear our excuses but with exams and work experience (which we’re still on!) we haven’t had much time for this story. It’s a pretty long chapter so we hope you forgive us! Now, the timeframe for this story is during/ after the X-factor tour but events won’t be in chronological order, and sometimes not at all. For example, Harry/ Caroline won’t be included and tours and gigs will be mixed around/ moved earlier/later/ left out/ won’t exist. We hope this doesn’t get too confusing for you (we’ll probably end up confused ourselves!) and we hope you can stick with us.

Also, you guys all really wanted drama and most of it is planned for later, but this is pretty much the start of it. Oh, and you also seemed to really want Harry getting jealous so we’ve put some of that in for you! Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and sorry for the super long A/N! Thanks guys, until next time, bye!! :D xx

(P.S. Do any of you actually read the A/N?) 

Continue Reading