Moon Goddess

By Hanaa_Yassine

"There is a prophecy.... No one knows about.... " Rose Gold is an ordinary human girl. She is 17 years old an... More

Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 1 - Moving (Edited)
Chapter 2 - Arriving (Edited)
Chapter 3 - School (Edited)
Chapter 4 - Unexpected (Edited)
Chapter 5 - Bullied (Edited)
Chapter 6 - Caught (Edited)
Chapter 7 - I Will Never Accept (Edited)
Chapter 8 - What Have I Done (Edited)
Chapter 9 - Detention (1) (Edited)
Chapter 10 - Detention (2) (Edited)
Chapter 11 - Monster (Edited)
Chapter 12 - Murderer (Edited)
Chapter 13 - Betrayed (Edited)
Chapter 15 - Weird (Edited)
Chapter 16 - He Wants Her Dead (Edited)
Chapter 17 - Memory (Edited)
Chapter 18 - Revealed (Edited)
Chapter 19 - Is This Real? (Edited)
Chapter 20 - Trapped (Edited)
Chapter 21 - It Can't Be (Edited)
Chapter 22 - Accepting (Edited)
Chapter 23 - Saying Goodbye (Edited)
Chapter 24 - Give It A Chance (Edited)
Chapter 25 - He's Gone (Edited)
Chapter 26 - Black Blood (Edited)
Chapter 27 - Final Words (Edited)
Chapter 28 - It's Too Late (Edited)
Chapter 29 - The Next Heir (Edited)
Chapter 30 - Our Love will Conquer The World (Edited)
Epilogue (Edited)
Announcement!!

Chapter 14 - Huh?! (Edited)

7K 257 3
By Hanaa_Yassine

Rose POV :
How did this happen? I was just with him. If I stayed longer would've I died too? Oh! I couldn't even look at the TV without feeling sad with a slight of regret. Somehow I feel it was my fault. The police said it was an animal attack since there were bite marks and claws scratches all over his body.

However, he was laying in the exact spot were I left him and when I looked back he wasn't there. So how could an animal kill him then bring him back where he found him? Surely there was something bigger than that but what? I couldn't ignore the feeling that someone died when I was just minutes with him. It felt awful. I hugged my knees on the couch when silent tears started emerging from my eyes. I was tired of watching people die around me.

Minutes later, it started to get dark, I was still in the same position. I didn't have plans in moving, but I heard noises outside. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then it grew louder. A huge thud made me jump on my feet. I ran towards the back door and swang it open.

Well I didn't expect that.

I was met with piercing blue eyes, but it belonged to a huge black wolf. I caught something moving in the corner of my eyes. I focused my eyes away from the black wolf and I found a brown wolf, it was smaller in size compared to the black wolf. It was also laying next to the wall covered in his own blood I assumed based on the open gashes on his skin. I gave it another look and frowned. I got a weird feeling that I had seen him before. But where?

I turned my gaze back to the black wolf when I remembered he was still watching me. He ran towards me and before I could scream, he grabbed the brown wolf by his teeth and ran into the forest. I stood there for a few minutes processing what just happened. My hand was still gripping the door knob and I didn't dare to move an inch.

Did that just happen? Did I really just saw wolves in front of me?

I immediately closed the door shut and locked it. I walked back to the living room and slumped on the couch. An image of Mike's dead body popped in my head. Did the wolves do it? If yes, why were they attacking? Did they follow me so they could end me too?

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't know how much time I stayed like this. I knew it was late now since I heard the door open and Dad came in.

"DAD!! " I ran to him and hugged him making him lose balance for a second. He was surprised at first but hugged me back. I couldn't hold the tears that were threating to fall. I was so glad to see him, today was very creepy.

"What's wrong pumpkin? Are you alright? "He asked with concern.

"Yeah I am fine. Are you okay? "I asked back after releasing him and walking backwards towards the couch. I needed to talk to him.

"I am fine,"he replied, but he still looked concerned.

"Dad, I need to tell you something," he nodded and we both sat across from each other. I couldn't hide anything from him as he was the only thing I had left.

"I was walking home with a guy I have just met in class and I left him 2 blocks away from here, but when I arrived home, I sat on the couch and watched the news which stated that someone had died tonight, so they showed the scene and it was him, the boy I mentioned.  They said it was an animal attack, but the weird thing is that he was laying dead 2 blocks away and that is impossible because when I turned around he wasn't there. After awhile, I heard noises from outside, I got up to see what it was and I saw 2 wolves fighting—well actually one was laying on the floor with blood all over its body and the other was huge.  The huge one took the other one and ran to the forest," I said in one breath. I started to take deep breath after that. Man that was long.

He stared at me blankly, probably  thinking of what I said.

"So you're telling me, that you were walking with a guy you've just met?! "he asked.

Seriously dad?! That's all what he heard. "Dad this is serious! " I whined a bit angry. "This isn't the time for it,"

"Well excuse me if I don't want guys to be around my daughter,"he said.

'I am not a little kid.' Is what I wanted to say but retrained from it. I didn't want to start an argument when there were more important things to discuss.

"Stop changing the subject dad. I am freaking out here. What if the wolves want to kill me next? " I asked worried.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. I am sure they attacked him because he bothered them or something of that sort. Just don't show them you are a threat and they won't do anything to you. In the mean time just don't come close to the forest just in case, " he assured.

I nodded even though I found it impossible because we are surrounded by the forest, but I hoped that he was right. I didn't think that I wouldn't let Mike's death affect me. I didn't think that I would ever walk in these streets again without fear.

We both stood up and called it a night.  I went to my room and tried to get some sleep which was easy since all the crying drained the energy out of me.

I woke up in the midle of the night with the sounds of paws outside my window. I got up and approached the window very carefully and slowly to not make any sound. I narrowed my eyes due to the darkness as I approached it. I couldn't see a thing even if I stayed for a long time. The only thing I could see was the silhouette of the huge tall trees in the distance that were endless.

I knew I couldn't see them but I knew they were there. Somewhere.

I went back to bed and tried to avoid the shivers going down my body. Fear crept over me when I realized the only things keeping me away from the beasts are the thin cement walls of my bedroom.

                    ~. ~. ~. ~.~. ~. ~. ~. 

"Hey! "

"Hi,"I greeted Diana who was standing infront of my locker.

"Did you hear about Mike's death? "I couldn't hold my tongue. His death was and will always be feeding my fears to eat me alive, but I wanted to see if the news spread out here fast or not.

"Yeah I did,"she replied in a sad tone.

"I am freaking out Diana. There is a pack of wolves out there killing people,"I yelled-whispered trying to hold my tears, but not to draw attention. "Any second now and they can attack and I would be dead,"

"Don't worry Rose. Just because he was found 2 blocks away from your house doesn't mean that they are going to attack you next," she reassured.

I nodded my head in defeat. Maybe she was right. I shouldn't worry that much—wait! How did she know where was my house? I hadn't told anyone.

I looked at her suspeciously and frowned. "How did you know he was 2 blocks away from my house? "I asked in a serious tone.

She widened her eyes in fear and her eyes were moving all over the place. "I-I... I didn't–I mean... Ah... I have to go. Bye," she waved and turned around walking away. That was weird. What was going on?

Just when she was out of my sight, I saw Jason walking out from the corner of the hallway. He looked at me and widened his eyes like he wasn't expecting to see me in the only school that everyone goes to. He did the unexpected and turned away from me walking away in the same way he came from.

Okay....

The bell rang–I had Biology–not my favorite but anything to clear this awkward situation. I went to class and sat in the middle, two seats from the front. It was the middle of class when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and I was face to face with Marcus which I hadn't noticed he was sitting behind of me.

"Hey I don't know if you recognized me, but if you do, I want to make it clear that I am not like the rest. I would actually like to be friend with you," he smiled friendly.

What happened to the world today?

"Umm... Sure... Can I ask why though? " I asked genuinely confused.

"Oh well, you are really nice and Diana wanted me to get along with her best friend which didn't sound bad. We kinda have a thing between us, if you know what I mean... " he winked.

I nodded awkwardly and stiffly turned around. A thing? With one of them?  Why didn't Diana tell me?  Was she emabarrassed?

The bell rang ending the class. I walked passed the busy hallway heading to my next class. Out of nowhere,  Marcus popped up besides me and said, "see you at lunch then," then casually walked away.

I froze to my spot processing what the hell was happening. Realizeling that I didn't want to be late, I jogged the rest of the way to my next class when I saw Diana. I gave her a small smile to cool down the tension that happened,  but she gave me a nervous smile then turned her gaze to the ground. I frowned at the action, but sat in my seat thinking this wasn't the best time to mention it.

I couldn't concentrate on the lesson even if I tried. I stole a few glances at Diana, but she was always looking else where. I allowed my mind to run freely in my thoughts while I waited for the bell. I first thought about when Jason said he wouldn't bother me anymore. I thought he was kidding, but I guess not. The second thing was Marcus and how suddenly he wanted us to be friends. Third was Diana and how weird she was acting.

Was this all a prank? Was Jason up to something?

I guess I have to wait and see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 3.9K 33
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
377K 10.3K 27
Astilbe: Promising to wait for that person with patience and dedication. After searching far and wide for ten years, Leon Wolf, the Alpha of the Impe...
37.6K 1.5K 27
Every little girl dreams of meeting their inspiration, and one day getting the chance to tell them how much they mean to them. What happens when Bell...
36.9M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...