Hidden Love

By NovelsByRo

21 year old Normani Phillips is a paediatrician trying to make a living for herself. After her mother passed... More

Copyright © 2018
Chapter 1: Opposites Attract
Chapter 2: Not Your Dawg!
Chapter 3: Naughty Girl
Chapter 4: Wet, Wet!
Chapter 5: The Spot
Chapter 6: Amusement Park
Chapter 7: The Guy From The Petrol Station
Chapter 8: She Ain't Drunk...
Chapter 9: Christmas Eve
Chapter 10: Merry Christmas
Chapter 11: Black Ink Crew
Chapter 12: 2018!
Chapter 13: Hasta La Vista, Baby!
Chapter 14: Kiss Kiss Kiss
Chapter 15: Rendez-Vous, Rendez -Vous!
Chapter 16: Mr&Mrs
Chapter 17: Valentine's Day
Chapter 18: Cuffed
Chapter 19: $20
Chapter 20: Bria's
Chapter 21: Birthday Twins
Chapter 22: #PhillpsVsMoore
Chapter 23: Baby-Baby-Baby
Chapter 24: The Baby Daddy
Chapter 25: Stir-Fry
Chapter 26: Daddy's Little Princess
Chapter 27: Slowly Falling Apart..
Chapter 28: Baha Baby!
Chapter 29: Love & Hip Hop Reunion
Chapter 30: Just A Friend?
Chapter 32: Always Remember To Knock
Chapter 33: Dangerous Man
Chapter 34: Patty's Restaurant
Chapter 35: Final Countdown
Chapter 36: Cuffed To The Right Man
Chapter 37: Oh Baby Give Me 1 More Chance
Chapter 38: Finale

Chapter 31: Sweet Dreams

696 25 3
By NovelsByRo

Harmony Phillips POV
"Where is she..?" I cried out not hearing my daughters little cries.

"Where's my baby?" I wiped my tears.

They shortly brought her over towards me and the room suddenly was filled with her cries. I broken down crying, crying tears of joy. I was so grateful that my baby girl had finally arrived. I looked at Cordell who kissed my cheek and had a huge smile on his face.

"Welcome to the world, baby.." I cooed after she had settled down.

"Hillary.." I grinned.

"She's so cute." Gabrielle cooed as she held my daughter in her arms.

"She's beautiful." Aisha rubbed her 5 month bump.

She was expecting another boy. She really wanted a girl but didn't really mind. I looked at Normani who was on the phone then hung up, coming over to join the family. She sat down beside LJ and gave him a side hug but he mean mugged her trying to get her arms off of him.

"Hillary. Hillary Howard." Trinity said.

"Y'all gave her a grown ass name for a little ass baby." She added and everybody laughed.

"Shut up. I love the name Hillary." I shrugged.

"How are you feeling?" Cordell asked once he had walked into the room.

"I'm okay. Just hurting a little." I gave him a nod.

I got released from hospital 2 days ago. I had to have a caesarean and it hurt like crazy. It was my first time but Cordell was there beside me no matter what. Nathan walked into the room with Hayden and DeVonte behind him.

"Hey everybody." He smiled at my family and they returned it.

"Wassup?" He greeted me.

"I'm good, thanks. Was he a good boy?" I got ahold of Hayden.

"He was cool, yeah." DeVonte gave Hayden a high five.

"Imma be on my way." He said giving me a hug.

"Thank you for taking care of Hayden." I smiled.

"It's the least that I can do." He shrugged before walking out of the house.

"Let me hold my granddaughter." Papa said grinning.

Nathan Phillips POV
"Where were you yesterday with Angelo?" I asked my little sister.

"We went out for some drinks.".

"Oh, so Traci was saying the truth?" I pulled on my chin hair.

"Do you like him or..?" I looked at her.

"Mm..Why? You have a problem?" She raised her brows.

"Not at all but I don't need my little sister crushing on one of my best friend that I even class as a brother." He explained.

"So you do have a problem.".

"If I wanted to, why can't I like Angelo and go out with him?".

"Because, he's my bro." I shrugged.

"And Traci's my sis." She shrugged also but mocking me.

"I mean, whatever. Do you. It's your decision and your choice. I mean from the moment y'all met, I could tell that there was some attraction." I admitted.

"Who told you that?" She raised her brow.

"Anyway, I'm grown as fuck and I can do whatever I like." She shrugged.

"Whatever." I shook my head.

"What time is Traci leaving work?" She asked.

"In about 5. Imma go and get her." I looke down at my phone.

-

I got up from the bed and looked Traci who used the thin sheets to cover her body. I switched the TV on and placed the remote beside her. I kissed her forehead before opening my mouth to talk.

"Why do you gotta go?" She frowned.

"Cuh'..?" I said making her smile.

"My pops need me to do something." I licked my lower lips.

"But I want you to stayyy.." She whined as she removed the sheets and walked to me.

"Pick me up.." She demanded and I did, sighing as she wrapped her legs around me.

"Not right now, Trin." I kissed her cheek.

"Come on...just gimme 30 minutes..." She pouted.

"Nah..I gotta leave, bae. Is you not hurting?".

"No, not at all." She lied after getting down

I watched her limp a little to the bathroom and I shook my head, chuckling at how she was walking. I slid on my watch before making my way out to my car so that I could meet my father.

Normani Phillips POV
I hurried to the front door due to someone knocking on the door. It was now Friday and it was raining heavily. I opened the door and Angelo stood there with blood on his hands. My eyes widened and he walked in with the rain dripping from his coat. My heart was beating fast. The first person that came to mind was Bria, then Snoop.

"A-Angelo..?" I said closing the door but he didn't say a word.

"Angelo.." I touched his shoulder.

"Some girl had a cut on her thigh.." He said slowly.

"W-what? What girl?" I furrowed my brows.

"I was driving..." He started.

"She ran out of her house..I stopped the car due to me nearly running her over. She had a cut on her thigh and I helped her cover it until I called the ambulance." He shrugged sounding less scary and calm.

"Oh.." I said calming down.

"Can I clean myself up?" He asked and I looked at the shirt that had blood on.

"Sure. Just head upstairs." I nodded my head then walked back into the kitchen.

After he had cleaned himself up, he came into the kitchen in his wife-beater. He gave me a smile and I did to. I couldn't help but stare at his body. He was too fine. I turned back around and continued typing on my laptop.

"What you doing?" He asked.

"Just planning a few things. I need to get my father a present, Trinity's birthday is coming up in September and I wanna get her gift ready." I shrugged.

"I'm also ordering a few decorations from online." I added.

"Cool.".

"That can wait, though." I shut the top of the laptop.

"So, why did you come here? You could've gone to your mom's, Nathan or yours." I raised my brow.

"I can't come and visit Normani now? She that special?".

"Oh hunny, I've always been that special." I flicked my hair behind my shoulders and he chuckled.

"I just thought we could hang out." He shrugged.

"Alright then." I smiled.

"I'm still gonna take you to this pizza place that Curtis showed me. It's really really good." I rambled I'm not even realising that I had called him Curtis.

"Cool." He smiled and nodded his head.

Even though Curtis and I haven't been together for over a year, I felt as if I've known for a long time. I genuinely thought that we could've been with each other for a long time. I had him and he had me. I always thought about it like that.

Then, I looked at Angelo. Whenever we talk, it's as if he's the person that I've always been looking for. It's like I've known for a very long time too. When I look at him, he makes me feel a different type of way but I just don't wanna admit my feelings. Not now at least. We both know that our feelings for each other are still there but we haven't admitted it yet.

"We're definitely going." He nodded his head.

I could help but look at the smile that he formed. It made me smile too. I snapped out of my feelings and walked over to my fridge. I opened the doors and browsed inside, feeling his pair of eyes roaming my body.

"Still got some Beignets." I told him as I pulled out some grape juice.

"Can I have some?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded my head and bringing them on to the counter.

I poured the both of us a glass of grape juice then took my seat. We both talked some, ate Beignets and drank some juice. There was eventually only one Beignet left and I raised my brow as I had my eye on it. I mean, he was a guest and all so I'll let him have the last piece. We both went in and touched it, his hand on top of mine. We both looked at each other and locked eyes. He was really staring at me with his beady eyes. I laughed then removed my hand, letting him have it as I pushed the bowl towards him.

"You have it. I'm not that hungry." I shook my head.

"You sure? I'm not that hungry either." He shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I laughed and he shrugged before placing it into his mouth.

"So you was hungry, huh?" I propped my head up with my fists.

"I guess so. How about you cook for me again?" He said squinting his eyes.

"No." I shook my head.

"And stop squinting at me, beady." I teased.

"There's nothing beady about me." I ran his tongue over his lower lip and I raised my brow, not believing him.

"Whatever." I playfully rolled my eyes.

Then, his phone screen turned on as he received a text from somebody. I quickly took a glance at the phone then my smile disappeared. I picked my glass of grape juice and sipped it. It from this girl he saved as Kristen💦. I moved a strand of hair behind my ear and looked at him smile as he typed away on his phone.

"Who's that?" I acted as if I didn't see the name.

"Oh..just one erm..just one of my ex's.." He shook his head putting his phone into his back pocket.

"I gotta go and uh..meet up with her." He said standing up.

"Thank you, though. I'll see you tomorrow." He said before walking out.

After he had left and collected his shirt, I went upstairs. I was getting tired so I went upstairs, took my shower and fell asleep.

"Angelo.." I said as he took my hand and pulled me into a hug.

I felt so comfortable. It felt just right. His touch, his smell and his smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck also and embraced the feeling. I closed my eyes for a second before I could feel him pulling off.

Then, his face was no longer his. I was looking at Curtis' face. He looked so happy. I gasped and backed away, not believing any of this. I furrowed my brows and rubbed my eyes, I was really seeing him.

"Curtis? I-I thought you was Angelo.." I said before it went pitch black.

I woke up, breathing in and out heavily. I rubbed my eyes and quickly ran to the bathroom, splashing cold water on my face. I dried it then went and laid back on my bed. It was just a silly dream, just a dream. I placed my face in my hands. I wanted to break down and cry for some odd reason, I didn't know why.

NEXT DAY
"Okay, there's nothing wrong with him. Maybe you should let him relax a little and let him take a nap then he'll feel better, ma'am." I let my patients mother know.

"Okay, thank you, Dr.Phillips." She smiled before placing her 3 year old in his stroller.

"Bye bye, James." I waved.

"Bye bye." He grinned and waved around his small piece of candy he held in his hand.

I smiled once they had left and looked at my clock, noticing that it was time for my break. I headed to my car after changing and got inside. I drove to Burger King and ordered that I had wanted before eating it in the car. I was so hungry. My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Baby.." Was faintly heard in the back ground.

"Wassup, Normani?" Angelo said.

"Uh..hey? If y'all are doing something, call me back. I don't wanna hear shit.." I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, we ain't doing nothin'." He said.

"Okay, well, talk." I instructed.

"We still on for tonight?" He asked.

"No, not tonight. I got a lot of things that I gotta do." I sighed remembering that I was going to head to my Aunt Suzie's house.

"Cool, you free tomorrow?" He asked.

"Tomorrow? Baby, I thought you was gonna spend the day with me?" I heard in the background and I rolled my eyes, yet again.

"Not tomorrow, I said Sunday.".

"Yeah, well Sunday is a bad day, Angelo. I've got church. My grandmama is dragging me there.".

"Yeah well you need some Jesus." He mumbled and I bursted out laughing.

"Who are you talking to and why are they laughing?" She smacked her lips.

He's talking to his best friend, bitch, I wanted to speak out but I left it to myself. I looked down at my nails until I heard Angelo's voice again.

"Sorry about that. Don't worry, you're stuck with me on Saturday." He chuckled.

"Okay, Saturday it is.." I smiled to myself.

"I see you've moved on fast." I said nervously.

"Yeah, it was my ex that texted me yesterday.".

"That's why you left your best friend hanging for some hoe?" I raised my brow.

"I'm sorry, best friend. Haven't really fucked in a long time." He explained.

"Not a good enough explanation. Is this an ex that I know?" I asked as if I was his mom.

"There's some ex's you don't know. And know, you don't know her." He shook his head.

"Hm..Wrap up, boy.." I reminded him before he laughed.

"I did, don't worry, mom." He said.

After talking to him, I had realised that I finished my food whilst talking to him. Seeing as I had some time left, I feel asleep. Luckily, Ryan had taken my car to get the windows tinted so nobody could see me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep after setting an alarm.

"I'm home, y'all." I placed the bags on to the counter.

"Mama.." My kids ran up to me.

"Hey, babies." I grinned.

"Where's your father?" I asked following them.

"Hey, baby." I smiled seeing Curtis clean the water that had spilt on the floor.

"Wassup?" He asked.

"Mm..?" I shrugged as I went to hug him.

He had more tattoos on his arm which made him look even more attractive. I smiled but before I spoke, his baby mama walked in with the most expensive clothing on her body. I rolled my eyes and wanted to slap the shit out of that bitch.

"Where's my son?" She said asking Curtis and not even acknowledging that I was also in the room.

"How did you get in my house?" I raised my brow and folded my arms.

"Last time I checked it was Curtis'. Stay out of it, bitch." She barked.

"Last time I checked, I signed the fucking papers. My fucking first and last name are on the papers, bitch." I walked towards her.

"Woah, woah, woah." Curtis held me back.

"Imma deal with this." He whispered before kissing my cheek.

"Go and get the kids sorted out and I'll join y'all in a minute, okay?" He asked.

"Mhm..okay." I stared at Jessica as she had a grimaced smile on her face.

"The bitch isn't nothing but a hoe. She wasn't gonna touch me, Curtis. She doesn't phase me." She commented.

"I will show you, bitch!" I ran up to her.

I planned on grabbing her hair but before I did, I seemed to black out again.

I woke up to my phone that was ringing. I smacked my teeth and sighed looking at my phone. I shook my head before answering.

"Hel-?".

"Where. Are. You? I'm hungry, Mani and you ain't got my donuts." She complained.

"I'm sorry, T. I seemed to have fallen asleep. I'll get them for you as I'm on the way back. I'll see you, bitch.".

"Mhm-hm, see you, bitch." She said before hanging up.

I placed my phone on the passenger's seat before pulling off and heading to the nearest bakery that sold donuts. Traci loves donuts and has it every day at work. At least 2 with a cup of coffee.

As I arrived back, I handed Traci her stuff before heading to my room. I had 10 minutes to spare so I called Alicia. She picked up the phone on the 3rd ring and I heard kissing in the background, the fuck?!

"Hello? Licia?" I called her by her nickname.

"Hm..?" She said.

"Girl, if you don't remove them damn lips from whoever or whatever you kissing!" I smacked my lips.

"Who dat?" Was heard in the background.

"My cousin, Normani.".

"Oh shit, if she finds out I'm cheating, she ain't gonna take me back.." I heard Raheem's stupid ass.

"Raheem, I heard you, it's over." I joked.

"Come on, baby." He fake cried.

"Nigga, you know my cousin doesn't not like you." Alicia said laughing.

"I know, I was joking baby. I luh' you." He said and they continued kissing again.

"Can I just talk to my cousin then you can have her? I won't take long.".

"Go 'head." Raheem said.

"So, what's up, cuz?" She asked.

"I'm coming over to yours today. I gotta tell you something." I sighed thinking that I was gonna talk to her about Angelo and Curtis.

"It's about..Yeah, Imma be home." She said.

"Cool, I'll be there maybe around 6." I told her.

"Okay, see you cuz.".

"Bye Normani." He said.

"Bye Raheem." I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes before getting ready for my next patient.

Angelo Sanders POV
"Who was that on the phone? Cause I know you ain't cancelled plans to hang out with some other basic bitch than me?" Kristen rolled her neck.

"Hey, she ain't no basic bitch." I smacked my teeth at her comment.

"Then who is she Angelo? Because this has happened before, remember the last time, baby?" She tilted her head some.

"Yeah, I cheated." I shrugged.

"You seriously don't care, huh? So now I'm like a side piece?" She questioned.

"I ain't got time for bullshit. She's my best friend, that is it." I smacked my teeth.

"She better be your best friend, I don't wanna lose you to another girl." She bit down on her lip before kissing my cheek and pushing me so that my back was now on the bed.

"Let me continue with what I'm good with, hun." She smirked.

-

I looked down at my phone and watched a video of Bria twerking on Snoop's lap. So she really did love him, huh? Didn't even gimme a warning and shit. I shook my head before throwing my phone down beside me and looking straight ahead.

"Bitches ain't shit." Mario took a seat and snacking on peanuts.

"But I thought I was gonna wife her one day.".

"Bro, don't stress yourself. I remember when I cheated Gabrielle. Look at where that's gotten us. Married with 2 kids." Eddie shrugged.

"We sat down and sorted it out." He explained.

"Nah, you called her crying asking for forgiveness, nigga." Nathan exposed his lie.

"Right." Ryan slapped hands with him before chugging down his beer.

"Y'all funny(!)" Eddie laughed sarcastically before looking at me.

"If you really loved Bria, you'd go and get her back. You'd fight for her, bro." Eddie shrugged.

"Nah, let her be and get with Mani, already." Mario smacked on the peanuts giving me a big smile.

"Nigga..." I mouthed to him.

"Mani, huh?" Ryan said before squinting his eyes at him.

"You and Mani? I see that happening one day, I'm ain't gonna lie. She needs to find her man and settle down with her one day. As an older brother, I'd be saying shit like, 'no, never. That's my baby sis. You my bro!' but I can see that y'all have this type of chemistry." Nathan shrugged.

"I agree with Nat." Eddie said nodding his head and then they turned to look at Ryan.

"I ain't got shit to say, really. What makes you like Normani?" He asked.

"She's like me, I guess..She's really beautiful but we're just friends, nothing else." I shrugged.

"Mhm...friends...?" Mario said smirking.

"Shut the hell up, Mario." I said shaking my head as he was trying to maybe start trouble.

"Lemme see this Bria, chick." Ryan said.

"Alright.." I typed her name and handed her a phone.

"I thought she was a stripper?" Eddie mumbled.

"Yeah, at that club, Amber." Ryan said remembering Bria's old job once we had broke up.

"Yeah, she used to strip there after we broke up." I nodded my head.

"She did you dirty, son. Normani won't even ever go there." Mario mumbled the last part and nobody heard.

"Bitch." I punched his arm.

"OW..!" He said exaggerating.

"Why you crying like a little bitch?" Eddie chuckled.

"I'm telling Mani that you punched me bro." He faked his tears as I rolled my eyes.

"If you love my sister so much, why don't you ask her out?" Ryan looked at me into his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 1.3K 22
Reagan aka Ronnie and her best friend India aka Indy are all each other have. Ronnie's mother kicked her out two weeks before school started when she...
1.7K 352 30
Sam Huston, a freshman at Oakridge College, found herself caught in a whirlwind of emotions when she developed a crush on Wil Heyworth, the charming...
858K 29.2K 40
"I'll never let you get away like you did once." ----Ares Kings ************************************************ Ares Kings was known to be varsity b...
8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...