Chapter 8: She Ain't Drunk...

(Curtis Gates)
Normani Phillips POV
It's finally December y'all and Christmas is only 2 weeks away. I'm so excited to spend Christmas with my family and to just have fun with one another. It's going to be really special and I do hope nothing goes wrong.

I spun Calvin around as he hugged on to my neck. He laughed and closed his eyes whilst Curtis was watching us, seated on the bench. It was really cold but Calvin wanted to go to the park to play. After putting him down, I headed back to Curtis and took a seat beside him.

"He's so cute." I laughed as I watched Calvin play with this girl.

"Thank you." Curtis nodded his head.

"So, is it just the two of you? If you don't mind me asking." I faced him.

"Yeah, it is only the two of us. I had him at the age of 16. Little man just turned 6 two months back." He explained.

"16...woah..." I slowly nodded my head.

"I know. It was my mistake. Having Calvin wasn't a mistake, though. He's fun to be around and everything. I mean that's my son, my flesh and blood. At the age of 16, I always wanted to be like the other guys. They've all had sex, they've smoked weed and they've all sold at least 5 bags of drugs or some shit like that." He shrugged.

"I grew up with a good ass family. We had money. I went to a good school and got good grades." .

"My girlfriend was a cheerleader. She looked like an innocent good girl and all but she was a daredevil at heart. I think she'd probably slept with all the guys on the basketball team before she got with me. We got together and began dating for a couple months until one night, the guys were like, 'You gotta smash her bro, we've all done it.' I mean I refused at first. Then she came up to me telling me that she wanted to have sex. I mean, I loved her. Anything to make her happy, right? That's when it all happened. She ended up pregnant, I fell out with the guys and her parents stopped me from seeing her." He shrugged.

"Well, look at your boy now. He's a blessing." I looked at Calvin who was now holding hands with the girl his age.

"Yeah, he really is." Curtis laughed.

"His mom's out of the picture. Her parents really wanted her to continue with college. So did I but my family and I did most of the looking after. I was there from the beginning. I wanted to be there for his birth but I couldn't. Her parents wouldn't allow me to. I think when he turned 1 was when she had to give him up." He focused on Calvin.

"I'm so sorry to hear that." I sighed feeling sympathy.

"It's okay. I work hard everyday to get him what he needs. I've got a good job and a good house.".

"What do you work as?" I questioned.

"I own my own tattoo parlour. When I was 19, I didn't know what I wanted to do in my life. I was lost, really lost. I fell in love with tattoos when I got my first one down. This one." He pointed at his first ever tattoo.

"You got one?" He asked.

"Nope. Not a fan on them. My parents hate tattoos. When my brother Ryan got them, they flipped but they're used to it now that the rest of my siblings have at least one." I shrugged.

"My parents are the same too." He chuckled.

"Anyway, enough about me. How about you?".

"What do you want to know about?" I folded my arms.

"I wanna know about Normani. I wanna know what you do for a living." He started.

"Okay, well, I'm 21. I've got how many siblings?" I furrowed my brows.