Chapter 32: Always Remember To Knock

Normani Phillips POV
I woke up from my nap and yawned, sitting on my bed. I looked straight ahead not moving but the episode that I had dreamt last night was going through my head again and again. It was irritating me. I haven't spoken to Curtis since the break up and I haven't spoken to Angelo since my break. I sighed before shaking my head.

It was 7:43pm going on 8. I ought to get ready before Angelo arrives. I quickly got into the shower then got out 30 minutes later, applying lotion then pulling out an olive green dress so that I could wear. I painted my face with makeup then straightened my real hair afterwards.

"Sunny days, everybody loves them
tell me baby, can you stand the raaain?" I sang along as I slid my feet into my heel.

My music stopped and the sound of my ringtone began playing instead. I bent down a little and twerked to the song then laughed at myself before answering.

"Heeeeeelloooo?" I answered the phone.

"You alright, there?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm good. You outside my house already?" I questioned.

"Yeah, come on out." He said.

"I'll be there in a minute." I nodded my head.

After hanging up, I placed my phone into my clutch before grabbing a black leather jacket and hanging it on my shoulders not wearing the arms. I know we were going for pizza but I needed to look good because I felt that I needed to. I walked out of the house, locking the doors and switching off the lights.

Angelo stared me down. I felt his eyes start from hair and down to my feet but then stopped at the middle to take a good look at my body. He looked good himself. I noticed that he had gotten a haircut. His hair was suited him. The kicks on his feet were fire. Y'all know I love heels and trainers. The olive green Tuned Nike 1's, I was gonna have to maybe steal. I gave him a smile then approached him.

"Hey." I smiled even harder.

"Wassup?" He pulled me into a hug.

"Can I just say, you look beautiful." He licked his lower lip before smiling also.

"Thank you so much. You look so good too.".

"Uh..let's get in." I opened the door.

Due to the weather being extremely hot, I felt a few droplets of rain on my forehead. I was not gonna let the rain ruin the way I looked tonight, I was gonna make sure of it. He walked to the other side before opening the door. Before he fully got in, he waved at a couple of girls that was walking their dogs. They probably knew him from the club or something.

He started the car and Migos' Superstar came on, making me close my eyes and smile to myself. Dang, everybody knows my love for Migos! I began rapping along to the music whilst Angelo just bopped his head instead. I looked over to him and he was looking out of the window, deep in thought as we stood at the red light.

"Angelo..You good?" I lowered the volume.

"Hm..? Oh yeah, I'm good." He nodded his head.

"What you thinking about?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing, just daydream." I could tell he was lying.

I shrugged it off and kept quiet during the rest of the ride. Once we had arrived, I could already smell the smell of pizza being cooked. My stomach rumbled a little and Angelo chuckled, making me nervously blush. We got our spots and took a seat. I lifted up the menu and looked at it.

"I think Imma get something different. What are you getting?" I asked but there was no reply.

"I always get cheese and pepperoni with Curtis with some BBQ wings on the side." I felt my mouth water.