Fall For Me

By emilyann-

Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me a... More

ATTENTION
Fall For Me
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue
GET EXCITED
More by emilyann-
All I Want

10

71.4K 2.1K 789
By emilyann-

EDITED

10

The next morning I couldn't control the smile that appeared on my face.

Jackson: how's 11 for tutoring?

If possible, my smile got bigger merely from seeing Jackson's name appear on my phone first thing in the morning.

I looked at the time and saw that, since it was 9:30, that could work.

Me: fine by me!

I locked my phone and spread myself on my bed as I recalled last night after we kissed.

**last night**

"I like you, Jaycee." He said. He sounded positive, but he still looked angry.

"I like you too, Jack."

"Good." All anger washed away from his face and he offered me a small smirk that almost resembled a smile.

"But, we need to take things slow. You can't deny you have a history - hopefully a history," I emphasized history. "Of playing girls. It's not that I don't trust you, but it's better off for both of us."

Jackson heaved out a sigh. "I know. But, you're mine and no one else's."

"Good luck getting that through Clarissa's head."

"I'm serious." Jack said with a straight face, but a playful tone.

"Me too." I laughed. "Oh...and if I'm yours and only yours, I guess that makes you mine and only mine."

"That's correct." He winked and kissed my cheek. I couldn't help but let out my small squeal of happiness.

**

"Jaycee," I opened my eyes quickly and spotted Claire. She was wearing a bright pink tank top, white shorts, her brown hair was straightened, and sunglasses were perched on the top of her head. "I worry about you, child."

I ignored her, "where are you headed?"

"A mall out of town with Josh and his cousin. From there he's taking me to my parents'. So I'll see you Monday - maybe Sunday night."

"Oh, have fun. Bye, Clairey."

"Call Garfield back. That boys annoying as hell." I chuckled and picked up my phone from beside me.

9 missed calls from Jackson

Whoops?

When Claire was out the door, I pressed call back.

"Jace? Are you okay?" I chuckled softly at his concern.

"Yes, Jack. Just dozed off a bit." I checked the time again. Oh, I should probably get in the shower - 10:30. "I'll see you in an hour? I have to go shower."

"Were gonna study at the library today because I was looking for something yesterday and my room is now a war zone. I'll pick you up at 11:30, Kay?"

"Sure thing." I smiled into the phone. "Bye, Jack."

"Bye, Jace."

I hung up and headed out of the room to the showers.

I haven't had anything remotely close to a boyfriend since ninth grade. I was played and destroyed.

Yea, I should be scared I might be heading down the same path. But like in the words of Olaf - some people are worth melting for...some people are worth being hurt by. I'm willing to get hurt by Jackson. He deserves a chance.

People can change.

I wore a teal plaid flannel around my waist and matched it with a black t-shirt and leggings. I slipped on black vans to go with. Too lazy to do anything magical with my hair, I French-braided it.
I was done by 11:15.

Great timing, Jaycee.

Jackson: im on my way now.
Me: alright!
Jackson: quick question?
Me: sure
Jackson: ik were not officially dating but can i call you baby & babe & stuff.
Me: whatever floats your boat, playaaa.(;
Jackson: former playaaa
Me: :)
Jackson: ;) here

And as soon as I opened the text, I heard three knocks on the door.

I answered and looked up at Jack with a smile. "Hi, baby." He said baby in a teasing tone.

"Hi, Jack."

"Ready to go?"

"Yes, sir." He took my hand and tugged me out my room. I chuckled and pull the door shut behind me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked with me at his side.

My phone flashed, meaning I got a text message. I looked at the screen, while Jack was too. Mistake.

He saw my lock screen.

He stopped and, with a smirk, took my phone from my hands and held it high in the air above my head.

"Aww, Jace." He smiled, with a teasing tone. I covered my ears with my hands.

"I cannot hear anything!" Jackson pulled my hands down and kissed my cheek quickly.

We heard a few gasps.

"Whoa...are you guys dating?!" A girl I recognized as a junior asked.

"No," I said, shyly.

"Not yet." Jackson added as he shot me a wink.

"Too fricken cute!" The girl said as she walked away.

I was silent the walk to the car ride, but Jackson didn't question it since I was clearly biting back my smile that desperately wanted to appear.

"Want to know something you may find weird?" I asked Jackson.

"Sure."

"I, the nerd, haven't been to this library since my first week in California." Jack gave be an unsure look, like he didn't believe me. "It's true!" I laughed.

He parked the car then turned to me.
"Why can't I believe you?"

"Because I'm the nerd."

"My nerd." I chuckled softly and we got out of the car.

We walked towards the entrance of the library, but it'd taken a while since it seems like Jackson took the furthest parking spot he could find.

He grabbed my hand with his and began swinging it back and forth on our walk to the door.

"You look really cute today, Jaycee." Jackson said when we finally reached the sidewalk.

"Thanks." I murmured. "You look nice too."

"Thanks, babe."

He opened the door and held it open for me. I had to walk under his arm and then he followed behind me.

I wish I never walked in. I tried turning away to leave, but I bumped into Jackson.

"You okay?" His eyes were etched with worry.

"Uh...yeah. I just...have to go to the bathroom." Before he could question me any further, I was off.

I didn't want Jackson to see me cry.

I saw him, the only guy I've ever dated; the only guy I've ever trusted before Jack; the only guy I truly hate more than anything. Michael Shock.

Jackson's POV-

What had she seen that scared her? I know books can be pretty scary, but I don't think that's why Jaycee tried to run away.

I went to the girls bathroom and knocked on it a few times.

"Jaycee..." I tried. "Jace!"

"Umm..." A girl who looked a few years older than me trailed off.

"My...girlfriend is in there and I think she's crying."

"What'd you do?" She asked with arms crossed.

"I don't fucking know. Nothing, I don't think. Could you just go in there and get her to come out?"

"I'll try."

I leaned against the wall and ran my hands through my hair. Had I already done something to ruin this? God, I screw up every damn thing.

"I'm sorry, Jack...about that." I turned and saw Jaycee walking out of the bathroom. I couldn't hold myself back as I wrapped my arms around her small waist and hugged her.

"Did I do something?" I asked quietly.
"No, I-I...can we please leave? I'll explain later." She murmured. I was confused, but nodded and walked out with her. I didn't miss that as we were walking out she had looked behind herself cautiously.

What?

We got to my car and sat there in silence for a moment before I started it up.

"Clarissa is gone for the weekend, if you want to go to my dorm." Jace said.

"Are you gonna tell me what that was all about?"

"Later." I would've argued, but she looked so vulnerable right now.

It was a horribly awkward tutoring session. Well, not awkward, but she was so quiet and whenever I tried to spark a conversation she'd turn it back to school work.

Imagine that for two straight hours.

"Did you want something to eat, Jack?" Jaycee asked once we put all of our books away.

"No, thanks." I muttered.

I wanted to know why the fuck she got so upset? What had I done?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.5K 33
"That's not something you mess around with." I say to her and she just rolled her eyes. "It's not like he's going to fall for it anyway." S...
241K 6.6K 53
*Rejected at First Sight* Spin-off series (By GirlWhoChasesRainbow) 🌶 "Oomph!" The sound rushed out of my mouth as the door opened before I could r...
79.6K 966 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
696 68 43
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...