The Billionaire's Luck

By noturtypicalauthorxo

When poor, abused Addison Snow finally runs away from her unforgiving home she thinks her life could finally... More

Introduction
Cast Page
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter fourty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter twenty three

14.9K 390 7
By noturtypicalauthorxo

Today was the gala and everything that my father had told me couldn't get out my mind.

I knew he had murdered her but it was still so shocking to me, if I didn't hate him enough before I hate him more than anything.

I had to tell Jacob everything, he deserves to know.

I jerked out of my thoughts when the hairdresser finishes curling and braiding my hair, my makeup was also done and I looked like a different person.

Once I put on my light pink dress, my heels and jewellery on I head to the hall where the gala would take place.

I needed to be there early since I was hosting it, I invited Mia to come to help me so I should be fine.

This night is going to be amazing.

"And place it up there" I said for like the 100th time today.

Once it was finally done, I was proud of myself it was a rose gold theme and looked so pretty and inviting.

But all my confidence flew when I saw Ryder walk in, the place was already crowded and since he was the boss he always came last apparently.

"Mia, I will be back" I muttered once Ryder caught my eye and gestured me over.

Ryder looked really hot in a black suit and a red tie, his hair was messy but professional which made him looked like a God compared to me.

"Addison, you look- really beautiful" he says, his eyes shimmering.

I held in a laugh and responded.

"Thank you Ryder, you look good too" I say before his hands wrapped around my waist, he pulled me closer to him and whispered something in my ear.

"The gala looks amazing, reminded me to keep you permanently" He spoke before kissing my jaw.

Oh my god.

I smirked at him and I couldn't hid the blush that formed on my cheeks.

"Th-thank you" I say stumbling a little.

Ryder winks at me before turning to a middle aged couple, they called his name before they rushed over to us.

"Ryder, it's so good to see you" The woman spoke before embracing Ryder in a huge hug.

I smiled at him awkwardly before the man spoke.

"It's good to see you son how's the company going?" the man speaks, deeply and strong exactly like Ryder.

Wait, son?

Oh shit.

Once the woman releases herself from Ryder, he grabs my hand and pulls me back to him.

His hand wraps around my waist and he clears his throat before speaking.

"Mother, Father this is Addison my assistant, she planed the whole gala" he says, I knew it was his parents.

I took a deep breath before I put on a smile and hold out my hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you Mr & Mrs Walsh, Addison Snow" I say smiling the whole time.

They both shake my hand with a smile before the woman speaks.

"It's so nice to meet you dear, you planned the whole gala?" Once I nod my head Ryder smirks at me before they continue.

"You did an amazing job and I also see my son happy, that's a first but I am glad someone keeps him sane." Ryder groans before rolling his eyes making me chuckle lightly.

"You did do a great job Ms. Snow, Ryder take care of her, nice meeting you too" His father spoke before taking his wife's waist and leaving.

Ryder turned to face me with a smirk.

"Your parents seem nice." I say making him rub the back of his neck and laugh a little.

"Yeah I guess, they liked you" He replies making me blush and bite my lip.

"Well we better get to our table, we have some charity work to do" I say before we both walk to the table together.

***

"Go, Addison" Ryder nudges me making me say the same thing again.

"No, you go I don't want too" But as soon as the words slipped out of mouth I was lifted up and put on the stairs to go onto the stage.

If no one was looking I would have stuck the finger to him.

Rolling my eyes, I put on a smile before grabbing my speech out of my pocket and then stepping in the centre of the huge stage.

"Thank you all for coming, this gala means a lot because it is a chance to donate to the unfortunate I would like to personally thank..." And then my whole speech went on for a good ten minutes until I finally could leave the centre.

I was about to smack that smirk off Ryder's face but I stopped myself when I sat down and got an alert on my phone.

"Ryder Walsh, the boss of it all come up here" Ryder groans while I raise an eyebrow and laugh as he walks up the stage annoyed.

I peer down at my phone and I held in a gasp when I read it.

To: Addison Snow

If you don't tell him now I will, and I will know if you tell him or not, I am closer than you think you little bitch.

From: Tessa Smith.

Fuck, fuck, fuck

She wouldn't dare, ugh I hate her and my father more than anyone.

I stood up and walked out slowly trying not to make a scene, Ryder's words slowed and I turned around and mouthed to keep going before I ran out.

I took a deep breath before I blinked back tears, I didn't want to tell Ryder and I didn't want to tell anyone.

I am going to kill Jack, how dare he tell anyone to get revenge on me.

I gritted my teeth together when Tessa walked up to me, I still towered over her but this time I was too angry to do anything.

"So, have you told him yet?" She says in my face, I looked at her coldly and deathly.

"I guess not, I guess I will have to tell Ryder that you were-"

"You were what?" Ryder asks making me jump lightly.

I finally got my voice back so I slapped Tessa in the face before turning to Ryder.

"It's- nothing, I- I" I couldn't tell him, I guess this was it.

Ryder will never look me in the same way again and he would never understand, he would hate me.

"Ow, you bitch I HATE YOU" Tessa shouts before Ryder stops her from attacking me.

"TESSA LEAVE" Ryder shouts scaring me a little.

Tessa moves back a little before she says one more thing.

"Tell him slut, tell him everything or I will" She says before walking away in those 8 inch heels I still don't understand how she walks in.

I wanted to kill her, no I will kill her she is the biggest bitch I have ever met.

I guess I have bad luck with people, except Ryder.

"Addison enough what are you hiding, you're a liar" Ryder says before his face softens again.

I couldn't help the tears that fell down my face, I just broke down.

"I- I am sorry, I was a bit harsh" Ryder says before embracing me in a tight hug.

I cried in his chest before I could speak again.

"N-no it's not that I- I am hiding something and I think you should know" I say while Ryder looks at me weirdly once I move away from him.

He sighs before he speaks again.

"Ok, tell me if you want to, no matter want I won't leave you" He says.

Sure, he doesn't know what is about to hit him.

I take a deep breath before finally finding the strength.

"I- I was abused by my father for eleven years"

Question of the day:

What is Ryder's reaction going to be?

What do you think happens next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 11.8K 31
"So where the fuck were you last night?" Nicholas asked in a daring calm voice. It was like he was reminding her what her place was. "Out" She answer...
348K 11.2K 41
Meet Stephanie Lynn Ryder, an almost 21-year-old girl behind on rent, works at a diner for $350 a week and has an oblivious boyfriend who only wants...
8.3K 172 8
Ravage: to wreak havoc upon; damage or mar. Lily works hard to support her large, poor family. With medical bills piling up around them from her moth...
381 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...