The Virgin Lessons

By eatthecraic

"First things first, learn how to loosen up. If you really want to learn, you can't be so uptight." He said a... More

The Virgin Lessons
Chapter 1: And... I'm Dead
Chapter 2: Sweet Baby Corn, What Am I Getting Myself Into
Chapter 3: No Sense In Lollygagging
Chapter 4: Rules and Regulations
Chapter 5: Not Every Kiss Begins With K
Chapter 6: Hardly PDA
Chapter 7:The Schedule
Chapter 8: Peek Show
Chapter 9: Ronnie and Smooth Lips
Chapter 10: It's A Date
Chapter 11: Isn't He Just A Ray Of Sunshine?
Chapter 12: Marvel Is Nice... Sometimes
Chapter 14: Shop Until You Drop
Chapter 15: Sky Rocketing Heels
Chapter 16: Curfew Was Meant To Be Broken
Chapter 17: Sober Hugs
Chapter 18: Little Things
Chapter 19: Thanks For Your Concern, But...
Chapter 20: It's Not You, It's Me
Chapter 21: Dread to Butterflies
Chapter 22: Truth Or Dare

Chapter 13: Better Than Air

265K 7.5K 4.4K
By eatthecraic

Do you ever get that feeling that someone is watching you? That your moves are being analyzed by something you're not aware of? That the moments you believe are precious is being scrutinized? Or that a simple secret is unknowingly being shared with someone else?

Well that's exactly how I feel.

I've felt like that all through the night with Dylan. The sheer sense that someone might have been stalking us put my fear on the front line. But of course, I couldn't seem spot a person suspicious enough. No one followed us, drove after us, seen the same face more than twice or anyone from the movie that I would have remembered. Not noticeably at least.

I didn't tell Dylan because I thought it might make him want to take me home to feel better. Whether he would've taken me home earlier or not, I still would feel eyes watching me through the window as I lay on my bed now. Which, I shouldn't be since I have the curtains and blinds closed along with the light being off. Not to mention the fact that I'm currently under my heavy blankets that will block out any source of light. No light, no figures can be seen from under here.

Just how I like it.

But, the current silence taking place at 12:56, almost 1 a.m., was hyping my anxiety. Every creak in the floor, the whisper of the nightly wind, and rustling of leaves seem to amplify in sound.

It's been close to 3 hours that I've been home. Alone, if I might add.

My mother has yet to return home. I guess it's going to be a really, really late night for her.

Almost the second my mind drifts elsewhere, I jump from the sound of a tap at the window.

Should I look?

NO, definitely not. That's how people die in movies.

But then they also die if they decided to make up excuses,

Would you rather have Jason stab you in the face as soon as you get up?

No, but at least I might have a chance to escape instead of playing dumb, blaming the wind for the sound of a killer creeping in my window.

Whatever then, get up and look. If you die, we both die. We're going to go down together.

Taking a breath, I lift the blanket off my head and am engulfed by the cool temperature in my room. It only adds to the goose-bumps that my body is emitting.

Am I really going to leave the security of my bed?

Yup.

Shakily releasing the air from my lungs, I swung my feet to the floor, the extremely cold floor.

This is a sign Gracie! Don't do it!

But, of course, I ignore the warning shouts in my head. I proceed to the window with a mission. And it's a very stupid, not well thought out mission I am committing to.

Oh, I'm over exaggerating. Even if there was someone outside, they would have to be dangling from the side of my house since I'm on the second floor with no trees or balcony.

*tap*

I jumped at the sound again. Mindlessly, but continuously walking at a snail's to my window.

*tap*

This time I saw a light shadow bounce off my window.

A rock.

Okay, cool. Whoever it is is a safe distance away from me.

Unless they have a gun. Then I'm screwed.

Now with less hesitation, I reach the destination and moved the curtains a few centimeters and peek through the blinds.

Looking down, I can make out a dark, tall and slim-ish figure.

Avery.

How did I know it was him? No idea, it just sort of... felt like him.

Now the paranoia was leaving as my heart skipped a beat at the sight of him.

I watched for a moment as he opened his palm to a collection of rocks as he picked out one and pulled his arm back...

*tap*

I flinched, I won't lie. I knew it was happening, but still.

Sighing with a small smile on my face, I moved completely in front of my curtains and blinds, I opened the window just as he was throwing another one.

And you'll never guess where it hit me.

At least that wasn't a knife to the face. I say we dodged a bullet.

Yeah I can dodge a theoretical bullet but apparently not a rock.

"Shit..." I heard a muffled voice say as I held my forehead from the stinging sensation that was travelling across my scull.

As embarrassing as it was, I looked down at Avery who was trying to look sincerely concerned while on the brink of laughter.

"I'm sor-" he couldn't even finish his apology as he broke out in laughter.

If my head wasn't throbbing, I might've chuckled silently. But, I was probably going to develop a concussion.

You can't develop a concussion, Gracie.

Says who?!

You just... can't.

Somewhere in the internal battle, my feet gained a mind of its own. So as I was debating with myself, I was also leading me out of my house.

I walked out, the breeze caressing my skin.

Maybe I should've changed hence the fact that I'm only wearing a tank top and shorts that are not appropriate for the outside world.

However, my mind stopped working as the sound of laughter was heard in the distance.

I walked to the side of my house to see Avery letting up from his laughing fit and returned his gaze to my bedroom window.

Seeing the confused gaze on his face once he sees I'm not there made my stomach turn. It was fifty times more adorable than Dylan's forgetful face.

"Grace." He whisper-shouted, not wanting to wake anyone who might've been home. "I know you're in there Grace-"

"Avery." I said and his attention snapped to me in a flip of a second. I walked to him while folding my arms over one another to create some type of warmth that I was rapidly losing. However, I shifted my attention from myself to the expression on his face. He stared at me wide-eyed as his cheeks flushed.

"Hello" I drawled out, waving my hand in front of his face once I was close enough.

"Oh, huh?" He snapped out of this gaze that was too cloudy for me to understand what he was thinking.

"May I ask why you are here? Or throwing rocks at my window? Or how you even knew it was my window?"

"Yeah, I came here for something..." His eyes drifted over my body, making me feel self-conscious. "Well, where are the rest of your clothes hmm?" He crossed his arm.

"Oh don't try to turn this around on me! I have the right to wear the amount of clothes I want in the comfort of my home."

"Or the lack of it." He stated.

"Pfft, whatever. Why are you here?" I didn't want to sound rude, but I couldn't help it.

"Hm, what was it..." Avery tapped his chin as if he was trying to remember something important. "Must've slipped my mind. Anyway..." His gaze shifted to the reddening mark forming on my forehead.

His hand reached out to touch it, causing a spark of pain to ignite. I flinched, again, and he saw.

"I'm really sorry for that, I didn't see you." He said with a hint of amusement laced behind his serious tone.

"It's fine, I might have a concussion but I'm fine, really."

This time Avery let an amused smile escape. "Well if you do have one, I'll just have to make sure you never fall asleep."

"Yeah and how would you do that?" Wrong response. You should never ask a boy how they would do something because they will tell you.

Raising an eyebrow, he started his very detailed explanation.

"Well first," his voice dropped about 3 octaves and was hushed, almost blending in with the night, "I would make sure you're alright." His hand returned to the sore spot on my face, but this time it wasn't pain that erupted. He slowly and lightly traced the curves of my face.

"I would check your breathing," his ear moved a few inches closer to me, then his mouth travelled up to my ear as he whispered his next words. "I would check your hearing."

Cue the shudder.

"Then I would check your temperature." He said with hazy eyes as they met mine again.

"W-what if you don't have a thermometer?"

Now he was dangerously close to my lips, so close that they brushed against mine as he spoke. "I have other methods I could use."

Avery moved behind me and continued.

"I would have to make sure you don't fall asleep right? Or else you won't be able to stop me when you're sleeping." He breathed over my shoulder. "So, I would make sure you are occupied with certain activities we'll both have fun doing."

I was just receiving chill after chill down my spine as his words were like ice cold water spilling on my skin.

His finger tips brushed my hair off my shoulder, and then trailed down my arm, awakening more goose-bumps.

They felt better than the air surrounding my body. It contrasted to the cool night as specks of heat was gracing my skin.

They stopped abruptly, causing me to turn around.

"Watch out when you're with Dylan." His words and seriousness of his voice took me by surprise.

"Um..." I didn't really know how to respond.

"I'm serious Grace. I know him. I just don't want to have to kick my best friend's ass because he doesn't know how to treat a girl."

"He wouldn't hurt me intentionally." I hope he wouldn't.

"I'm just warning you."

"I don't think I need a warning Avery. I'm a big girl okay? I can handle myself."

"Grace-"

"No, it's a sweet gesture to try and look out for me, but I really don't need you to."

"I'm just saying-"

"I know what you're saying-"

"Dammit Grace! Just let me talk. I know him, more than anyone. You might not want to listen, but coming from me of all people should be a sign to not get your hopes up okay?"

I stayed silent as he looked at me, waiting for a response.

"Okay?" He said again.

"Okay."

"Good."

"Alright." I started to walk back to the house.

"I should go." He said while following me.

"Okay." I said once we stop at the front.

"Don't forget we have lessons tomorrow."

"How could I? It's what I look forward to." I rolled my eyes after my response.

"Alright."

We said our goodbyes and I proceeded into my house.

Truth is I was kind of looking forward to it, in a nervous, anxiety filled, and awkward way.

.

.

.

.

.

WHO'S READY FOR SUMMER?! Not me D:

But anyway, i feel like Avery might have made up aan excuse just to see little Graciepoo.

*cue the aw's*

But i hope you enjoyed this chapter that school is coming to an end, i it hasn't already.

Love yaaaa and all your votes and delicious comments

Jessica

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 161 32
*From Best Friends To Worst Enemies* "You really think you stand a chance Badboy?" I snorted. "You tell me." He had the audacity to smirk as I stood...
30.1K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
1.7K 178 24
A story of love and hate and well...multiple disasters..Read on to find out😉 Excerpt: He took me to a dark lane through a passage between two dilapi...
348K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...