Destiny

By MelGamingPlays

Legends fortold a legend of a hero. The legend was passed down generation to generation until one fateful day... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 : Past Revealed
Chapter 2 :Overpowered
Chapter 3 : Hidden Secrets
Chapter 4 : The Unexpected
Chapter 5 : Old Friend
Chapter 6 : The Truth
Chapter 7 : Troubles
Chapter 8 : Justice
Chapter 9 : Fear
Chapter 10 : Bonds
Chapter 11 : Breaking Points
Chapter 12 : Self-Control
Chapter 13 : Bonding
Chapter 14 : Foreshadowing
Chapter 16 : Bait
Chapter 17 : The Beginning of the End
Chapter 18 : Resentment
Chapter 19 : Believe
Chapter 20 : Rise
Chapter 21: A Fresh Start
Chapter 22 : Freedom
Chapter 23 : Beauty in pain
Chapter 24 : The Will of the Heart
Chapter 25 : Resolution
Chapter 26: Strength
Chapter 27 : Sacrifices
Chapter 28 : Instinct
Chapter 29 : Prelude to Chaos

Chapter 15 : Path

639 15 7
By MelGamingPlays

Path

Third Person P.O.V

The sun is setting. The sky is slowly turning blue. It is a very beautiful sight. With the air spiraled breezily and the sound of nature, very refreshing. Even though, today would be the beginning of everything.

The blue hedgehog stood on the floating island, looking upon that now the blue sky. He inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. Through his mind was a lot of things he still tried to process in.

In a blink on an eye, he is the hero. He is the prince of Mobius. He is the chosen one. He is everything anyone could ever thought they could dream of. A hero, a prince and a chosen, he grabbed all the titles. Probably the reason why his ego is so huge as a mountain. So high that nobody could hope to surpass.

To be honest, he was grateful with his life. It is because world has granted him this life and helped him achieved every single dreams anyone could think of. But, nobody is perfect. Everyone has their flaws including himself. A perfect life comes with a dire consequences. Such as, a prince has a kingdom rely on them to become a great ruler someday. A hero has a world on their shoulder to protect from any danger. And, a chosen has a universe’s fate on their shoulder to prevent any sorts of timeline to change from peace to chaos. Simply said, one wrong move there would be sacrifices. Blood to be dropped. Lives to be thrown away. It’s so sad.

He breathed in and out, calming his spiraled thoughts. Everyone knows he is not a thinker. But this time, he had to think carefully and thoroughly. After all, that’s what the blue blur would do right?

Besides him is the ebony red striped hedgehog, standing awake by the cobalt hero’s side. Crimson eyes gazed in the sky as a frown began to form on his face.

“What are you thinking about, hedgehog?” Shadow asked out of nowhere, slightly catching Sonic off guard.

This time is his turn to frown. “Nothing? Why do you ask? I thought you have never cared about what I think.” the cobalt hero said lowly with brows furrowed.

“No reason. It just you who have been acting weird lately. Care to tell?” the ebony hedgehog questioned.

“It’s nothing. It’s just been very hard this past weeks. With knowing that I am the chosen Grandpa Chaos chose doesn’t help either. Too much responsibility. I don’t like being tied down by this so called destiny. You know what I am saying, right?” the grumpy hedgehog crossed his arm and nodded slightly.

That’s right, Shadow the freaking hedgehog approved his faker or brother statements. The truth is, it had been very hard on him too this past weeks. Who wouldn’t be shocked when you just knew that your parents still alive and you are a royal bloodline too?

“At least, you understand me, Shadow. Being the grumpy hedgehog you are, I thought you never will.” the blue hero said jokingly with winds through their quills as the silence filled the atmosphere once again.

Shadow frowned but a warm smile formed on his face as he whispered quietly, “You never know.”

Moments of silence passed by, Sonic said, “Let’s race.”

The ebony hero blinked, caught himself off guard though he smirked. “Sure, faker.” In a flash he vanished to black blur as his voice echoed through the forest.

“If you can beat me that is.”

The blue hero smirked as he took off to Shadow as he yelled cheerily.

“Hey, No fair! That’s dirty!” he said out loud with no one in particular. Just what he needed to clear his mind.

‘Thank you, Shadow. For understanding me.’ the cobalt hero thanked the black hedgehog mentally.

Near the Master Emerald altar

It seemed Tails and the others was awake. They seemed to be waiting for something. Waiting for the particular blue hedgehog and black hedgehog and the brothers.

“They’re late.” Tails said as he tapped his toe lightly.

“Give them some time, child. They need time for each other.”  Aleena assured.

Without everyone knowing, Tails’ brows furrowed; ‘Then, where I would be in your heart, Sonic? Did you already forgot about me..?’ The two tailed fox thought as he quickly shook it off.

“Okay, then. I’ll wait” he answered with ears flattened in disappointment.

Out of the blue, a mysterious yet familiar voice joined in the conversation.

“Who said you have to wait, bro?” the voice sounded full of cockiness and confidence. It’s ‘his’ voice!

The blue hero grinned as he gave Tails a big thumbs up.

“Hey, Tails. How are you feeling?” he winked at him.

The kitsune’s ears straight upon hearing the blue hero’s voice. He smiled and said, “I’m feeling good. Thanks for asking.” he replied with a big thumbs up.

“Good to hear.” he looked around, seemingly to find somebody but nowhere to be found.

“Huh, looks like I made it here first.” he chuckled lightly. “Guess he is a 50 years old grandpa.” he said playfully to a fact the one he appointed to 50 years older than him.

Out of the blue, another voice joined in a rather irritated tone. “In your dreams, hedgehog.”

Sonic searched for the source of the voice. His grinned vanished as he walked out from behind the altar, eyes closed and arms crossed against his chest.

“Fastest thing alive huh? Then why you don’t beat this grandpa?” he said sarcastically but full of irritation.

“You cheated that’s why.” the blue hero huffed in irritation with his arm crossed.

Shadow chuckled lightly as he walked to Sonic and stopped when he was right in front of him. “With what, Sonic?”

Unknown to Shadow, Sonic saw something shiny in his quills. It sticked out like a sore thumb. His mind clicked with the answer. ‘It’s a chaos emerald! I should have known.’

“With a chaos emerald, faker. Obviously.”

“You’re very observant, hedgehog.” he said in a rather compliment tone. Which is a signal for Sonic to make a joke about it.

“Is that a compliment?” he received a hmph as the answer though he knew he mean it. “Just because I acted carefreely and recklessly, doesn’t mean I am stupid.” the cobalt hero explained.

He nudged him gently. “Relax, Grandpa.” He looked at the kitsune and asked, “So, what’s the plan, bro?”

Everyone stopped looking at the hedgehogs and now looking at the kitsune and hedgehog. The two tailed fox answered, “We have to wait for your father and his brother. Plan for today is a secret.” he put his index finger on his mouth.

The cobalt hero blinked and smirked in defeat. “Okay, then. Surprise me. I dare you.”

Tails chuckled lightly. “You’ll see.” Everyone else grinned mysteriously to Sonic at least.

He looked surprised but decided to shook it to not spoil the surprise. But whatever it was, it included everyone except for the blue hero.

Unconsciously, Sonic’s mouth was wide open, about to ask something but quickly closed. A twin gust of winds passed them, revealing two figure. One is black as the night itself and two is Grey neither white nor black resembled a perfect balance.

“Sorry, we’re late. Brothers stuff.” the ebony hedgehog smirked and gave the cobalt grey hedgehog a pat on his head playfully.

“Stop it, will you.” he laughed lightly. “Anyway, let’s get it started, kid.” he said, referring to the kitsune.

Two tailed fox nodded. And seemed to signal something to Shadow. He nodded rushed up to Sonic who completely off guard and pulled out a chaos emerald and said..

“Chaos Control!” with that, they disappeared to thin air.

After that sudden feat caused by Shadow, everyone exchanged glances to each other. They grinned and gave each other a thumbs up.

“Thank you for not telling him guys. Even though, it looked cruel but this is the only way and the only day to surprise him since you know. With what has happened lately, let’s cheer him up.” Tails said with overwhelming confidence with his fists tighten with determination. All of them nodded in agreement.

“Great! Not to worry about Sonic and Shadow. Shadow will stall him long enough for us to be there for the party.”

Then, the bros, Circe and Jules offered a hand for the transportation. This is because like Shadow, the brothers can caused a chaos control big enough for all of them minus Cream, Cheese, Vanilla, Rouge and Aleena. Because they were nowhere to be found at the moment. So, there is Jules, Circe, Tails and Knuckles. Only four in total which is only boys while girls were in somewhere else.

Tails smiled brightly. “Today is gonna be the most fun day in his and our life.”

If only, he knew how wrong he was.

Unknown, somewhere else

A mysterious figure walked near a volcano. He looked down the boiling magma and smiled creepily.

“Soon, my ambition will come to a fruition. So, was yours.” a crooked grin formed as he laughed maniacally. Suddenly it just stopped.

“If I can’t be with my other half, you must lend me your power or I’ll have the other you destroy you permanently from the past. You must remember. If I didn’t help you in the past, you wouldn’t be here today. Remember that.” he was about to walked away from the big volcano but then, he was caught in a mysterious force.

He grinned twistedly. “I knew you would come to light. Give me your power!”

Out of nowhere, a mysterious dark energy came crashing down on the mysterious figure. Enveloping his whole being with dark energy. A silhouetted figure resembled a hedgehog.

He laughed again. Maniacally and hysterically. Most importantly, his body was surrounded by a very disturbing aura. An aura would snarled anyone who came in contact with it.

“Perfect. I like this form better than my old copy-shadow form. A ‘new’ destroyer has born. And it’s name is…...” (insert drumroll)

“Mayhem!!!” he shouted with all of his might as a maniacal laughter echoed and shrouded his being with its aura.

The only thing left is a pair of red blooded eyes glowing in the aura-like-smoke.

“Let us begin. From the very source of the born heroes. His family, friends and the world he loved so much...Mobius!”

With Shadow and Sonic

They appeared to a what seemed to be a wide spacious place. So green.

‘It’s Green hill!’ Sonic thought but he was so confused right now. ‘Why would he bring me here anyway?’

Sonic looked around and gently poked Shadow on the shoulder. “Hey, what’s the deal? Why bring me here?”

No answer. The dark hedgehog inhaled and exhaled deeply. So unlike him to do so.

“I thought you wanted a fair and square rematch since I ‘cheated’ with this.” he pulled out the magnificent gem. The blue blur smirked.

“Really? I thought you don’t like a rematch. Especially from me.” he bit his lip sourly, acting childishly.

“A rematch from a fair rival. Is that too much to ask for?” the ebony hedgehog answered as he got into a starting position.

Sonic smirked upon hearing ‘fair’ from his egotistical rival. And about to make a joke about it but was stopped by Shadow.

“If you made a lame joke, I am not gonna to race you.” with that, Sonic’s mouth was sealed.

“We race to Vanilla’s, okay?” Shadow asked and received a nod from him as the answer.

“Okay. You better not cheat again or you will regret it.” Sonic threatened jokingly but there’s a hint of seriousness in his tone. The egotistical hedgehog nodded, half scared and half not.

“Ready?” they warmed up and looked very determine to beat each other.

“Set...Go!” then, they took of to Vanilla’s. The place where all will began. The prophecy, the plan destruction and anything else will begin soon. It’s only the matter of time.

Time skips

A few minutes of marching in a the speed that couldn’t rival with, side by side only a blur was left.

A black and a blue blur sped through the Green hill with only a few kilometers left. Who will win, that’s the question but both are evenly matched. No can say for the matter for now. It looks like it’s gonna be a tie. But our blue blur will surpass that expectation.

As Sonic and Shadow was racing with each other, suddenly the blue heart felt like he was having a heart attack. In his mind flashed with an image. A hedgehog engulfed in a very unnerving aura.

Suddenly, pain struck his chest, making him tripped while running and quickly was noticed by Shadow who quickly stopped on his track and caught Sonic by the hand just in time before he fall.

The ebony hedgehog grabbed his hand, gave the blue blur a hand.

“Hey, you okay? You startled me back there. What happened?” Shadow demanded in his low and calm tone.

The blue hero touched his chest, bearing the pain. He gritted his teeth with eyes shut closed.

‘What was that earlier? A hedgehog? Is that Mephiles? Why am I seeing this?’ Lots of question remained with no answer. Sonic started to lose a grip with himself. He felt like gonna collapse.

“Hey..” the voice echoed through his mind.

‘It sounds familiar but who..’ right this moment his mind was so dazed because of the pain his chest felt. It was overwhelming.

“Get a grip, hedgehog!” the voice shouted loudly.

‘Is that..Shadow’s..?’ slowly, the cobalt hero opened his eyes. His breathing was heavy. His vision was blurry. He felt as if he was drowning. He tried to speak but no words are coming out of his mouth.

“Sh-Shadow..?” his voice was barely a whisper. The midnight hedgehog frowned anxiously.

‘What could possibly had happened to him?’ he frowned even deeper, thinking of a reason but to no avail.

“Sonic, keep it together. Are you a hero or a loser?” the ultimate lifeform sarcastically.

The sapphire hero didn’t answer. But he shook his head vigorously in disagreement.

“Then, get up, right now. If you don’t get up now, you will never get up.” Shadow said with a burning determination. Slowly, the blue hero get up, eyes screwed shut, but as times passed by his emerald iris revealed itself.

“I-uh..I am sorry about that..” the cobalt hedgehog apologised with flattened ears and looked away in shame.

The ultimate lifeform shook his head. “There’s nothing to be ashamed of. What happened earlier?” he demanded answer but his tone was full of concern and low.

Sonic touched his chest and gritted his teeth. He shook his head. “Honestly, I don’t what happened actually. It’s too sudden.” he paused. “But there’s an image I saw before pain struck my chest.” this caught the black hedgehog’s interest.

“What is it?”

Sonic was silenced himself. He thought about it for a while. Je said, “I think..I saw Mephiles. He was engulfed in this unnerving aura. Just think about it giving me goosebumps.”

Shadow was surprised but at the same time he thought about the aura Sonic described to him.
“It must be a dark aura. Probably from chaos emerald or….,” he stopped as Sonic answered for him.

“Dark gaia.” the sapphire hedgehog said as he remembered his encounter with it once and...Chip.

Suddenly, a memory flashed through his mind. ‘Oh, yeah. My forms did tell me this will happen. But, what can I do to stop this madness before it’s too late.’ Sonic thought as ‘a question’ echoed through his mind.

‘What if I was too late to save everything I cared for?’ a question remained with no answer. His expression suddenly changed into anxious one.

He felt as if his heart skipped a beat. His breathing started to get heavy again. He was unsure with himself. So many what if’s so little answer. His confidence is wearing thin which is so unlike him. He needed support. He needed..power. He felt this feeling of overpower conquered his mind.

“Snapped out of it, will you!” the ultimate lifeform yelled, looking ticked off.

Sonic’s mind suddenly felt free. He was so confused. “ Wh-What..? What just happened..So weird..”

“Anyway, let’s go there quickly. Others are waiting pretty long now.” Shadow crossed his arms. “For the fastest thing alive, you are the slowest thing alive.” He joked in his serious tone.

He chuckled lightly in embarrassment. “Sorry ‘bout that. Let’s go.” the cobalt hedgehog was about to take off but was stopped by the black hedgehog.

“I think, let’s just chaos control there. You are in a pretty unstable condition.” Sonic nodded.

“Yeah, let’s do that.” the ebony hedgehog pulled out a chaos emerald.

He shouted, “Chaos Control!” with that they disappeared to thin air.

Things started to take in place. If only he knew it has began. A new destroyer named Mayhem are going to spread chaos. That’s just a beginning of a plan. A plan where the universe planned for our heroes and its people.

Early of the birth of the world, there was the ‘original’ destroyer before Mayhem. The original. Through its descendants, running dark chaos energy in their veins because of him.

The world constantly destroyed by the unknown. Many said that the unknown is somewhere within the hedgehogs royal family. Luckily, god still loved them. Miracle happened as the world went back to things were before it happened.

Peace last quite a while as people started to take that peace for granted. Similar incident happened after the war between the hedgehogs and the vengeful god of time, Mephiles the Dark which caused the royal family of mobius to vanish without a word.

This destroyer kind of look like the original. ‘He’ wreaked havoc for quite awhile. All of sudden, he just vanished.

Out of nowhere, a mad scientist called Dr Ivo Robotnik aka Dr Eggman because of his oval body. He started to terrorize the world and kidnapped animals for his mad machines. At the same time, a peculiar cobalt blue hedgehog appeared and save the day from his clutches.

The azure one appears to have super speed as goes by a title ‘Fastest Thing Alive’. While, the mad scientist appears to have an IQ over 300. Since then, the two has became a perfect nemesis to each other until now.

But right now, the sapphire hero’s opponent is not his arch-nemesis. It is a new destroyer. The weak must fall, the one with power will prevail with all the glory. With humanity at stake, can one with power repair the damage? There’s only one path. Better hope it’s a path to a good future. The reason is that path is a perfect balance of good and evil which is completely impossible. But, in the faraway future lies a good and balanced ending for all.

A/n :

This story has finally catch up with the one i posted on fanfiction.net. No more countdowns. But more story coming up so stay tune. I wanna say thank you to all of you. <3 Don't expect frequent update tho :p but i'll try my best ^^ See ya soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 19 23
Welcome to the seas of Mobius, a place full of pirates, renegades, thieves, and royalty. And of course legends of mobians with the ability to hypnoti...
14.7K 424 65
"As the blue hedgehog reached the vortex, the world went white." <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> After years of investigation, Egg...
6.2K 482 51
Sonic and friends unwillingly travel to another dimension and upon arrival realise that they are not able to freely show their special abilities to t...
158K 4.7K 26
Leaving your old life behind wasn't easy. You left memories, people, and feelings. Thankfully, fitting in at Möbius High wasn't as difficult as you w...