Chapter 15 : Path

Path

Third Person P.O.V

The sun is setting. The sky is slowly turning blue. It is a very beautiful sight. With the air spiraled breezily and the sound of nature, very refreshing. Even though, today would be the beginning of everything.

The blue hedgehog stood on the floating island, looking upon that now the blue sky. He inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. Through his mind was a lot of things he still tried to process in.

In a blink on an eye, he is the hero. He is the prince of Mobius. He is the chosen one. He is everything anyone could ever thought they could dream of. A hero, a prince and a chosen, he grabbed all the titles. Probably the reason why his ego is so huge as a mountain. So high that nobody could hope to surpass.

To be honest, he was grateful with his life. It is because world has granted him this life and helped him achieved every single dreams anyone could think of. But, nobody is perfect. Everyone has their flaws including himself. A perfect life comes with a dire consequences. Such as, a prince has a kingdom rely on them to become a great ruler someday. A hero has a world on their shoulder to protect from any danger. And, a chosen has a universe’s fate on their shoulder to prevent any sorts of timeline to change from peace to chaos. Simply said, one wrong move there would be sacrifices. Blood to be dropped. Lives to be thrown away. It’s so sad.

He breathed in and out, calming his spiraled thoughts. Everyone knows he is not a thinker. But this time, he had to think carefully and thoroughly. After all, that’s what the blue blur would do right?

Besides him is the ebony red striped hedgehog, standing awake by the cobalt hero’s side. Crimson eyes gazed in the sky as a frown began to form on his face.

“What are you thinking about, hedgehog?” Shadow asked out of nowhere, slightly catching Sonic off guard.

This time is his turn to frown. “Nothing? Why do you ask? I thought you have never cared about what I think.” the cobalt hero said lowly with brows furrowed.

“No reason. It just you who have been acting weird lately. Care to tell?” the ebony hedgehog questioned.

“It’s nothing. It’s just been very hard this past weeks. With knowing that I am the chosen Grandpa Chaos chose doesn’t help either. Too much responsibility. I don’t like being tied down by this so called destiny. You know what I am saying, right?” the grumpy hedgehog crossed his arm and nodded slightly.

That’s right, Shadow the freaking hedgehog approved his faker or brother statements. The truth is, it had been very hard on him too this past weeks. Who wouldn’t be shocked when you just knew that your parents still alive and you are a royal bloodline too?

“At least, you understand me, Shadow. Being the grumpy hedgehog you are, I thought you never will.” the blue hero said jokingly with winds through their quills as the silence filled the atmosphere once again.

Shadow frowned but a warm smile formed on his face as he whispered quietly, “You never know.”

Moments of silence passed by, Sonic said, “Let’s race.”

The ebony hero blinked, caught himself off guard though he smirked. “Sure, faker.” In a flash he vanished to black blur as his voice echoed through the forest.

“If you can beat me that is.”

The blue hero smirked as he took off to Shadow as he yelled cheerily.

“Hey, No fair! That’s dirty!” he said out loud with no one in particular. Just what he needed to clear his mind.

‘Thank you, Shadow. For understanding me.’ the cobalt hero thanked the black hedgehog mentally.